PDA

View Full Version : Match Committee - Round 7 vs North Melbourne

GVGjr
05-05-2013, 06:17 PM
If you were on the match committee what changes would you make for next week's game against North Melbourne at Etihad Stadium?

As always a brief explanation for you changes would be appreciated.

GVGjr
05-05-2013, 08:03 PM
I think there will be a few changes next week.

bornadog
05-05-2013, 08:27 PM
Out:

Stringer, Austin, Macrae. (a rest)

In:

Griffen, Cordy, Markovic

GVGjr
05-05-2013, 08:29 PM
Out:

Stringer, Austin, Macrae. (a rest)

In:

Griffen, Cordy, Markovic

Should we have player Markovic this week?

Nuggety Back Pocket
05-05-2013, 08:33 PM
Desperately need Griffen and Murphy back. The Austin experiment hasn't worked. Stringer would have to be doubtful with his injury next week. Jones in need of support up forward. Macrae is going to be good but looks to need to spend time at Williamstown. I believe Pearce is a better prospect than the likes of Howard Tutt and Addison. We could be expected to make wholesale changes on today's performance but whether we have the depth of talent is doubtful.

Rocco Jones
05-05-2013, 08:35 PM
It's difficult. A case of shifting the deck chairs.

I really don't rate Ayce but at least he is kinda like a 2nd ruck. Austin is just passable as a back up defender type. Chuck him in the unfamiliar combo of ruck and forward and he is really struggling to be even competitive.

If Stringer is sore we should rest him. Hopefully a very long and successful career ahead of him, lets concentrate on that. If he is fine, sure play him.

In/ Cordy, Griffen, Murphy (if he is fit)
Out/ Austin, Howard, Stringer (if sore)

bornadog
05-05-2013, 08:35 PM
Should we have player Markovic this week?

Yes, we have no other options.

also need to know how Murphy is going, and the coach did mention Gia will play this week.

I would like to know how Roberts, Markovic, Hrovat, Prudden, Hunter, Pearce and Grant went at Willi today.

G-Mo77
05-05-2013, 08:47 PM
Murph should be right to go and from what's been said Griff and Gia will be back. I'll wait for the Willy report to see who else may jump into the team. Pearce would have to be real close if he put together a good game. Cordy would have to come into consideration as well

Howard's an Out, Austin as well. I reckon some players will be rested after the WA trip. I'd imagine Stringer will miss, maybe give Macrae a breather, Johannisen just didn't look settled all day either. Extra responsibility without Goodes could be the cause of that though.

craigsahibee
05-05-2013, 08:47 PM
Yes, we have no other options.

also need to know how Murphy is going, and the coach did mention Gia will play this week.

I would like to know how Roberts, Markovic, Hrovat, Prudden, Hunter, Pearce and Grant went at Willi today.

Add Talia to that group.

bornadog
05-05-2013, 08:48 PM
Add Talia to that group.

Broken Jaw, out for 5 to 6

craigsahibee
05-05-2013, 08:48 PM
Broken Jaw, out for 5 to 6

Bugger

Greystache
05-05-2013, 11:26 PM
Out- Austin, Howard

In- Griffen, Markovic

Austin and Howard aren't AFL players, Griffen back is a positive and Markovic has more to offer. Stringer may also be in doubt.

The Bulldogs Bite
05-05-2013, 11:32 PM
Apparently Gia and Murph will return.

comrade
06-05-2013, 08:40 AM
In a perfect world, Gia would come back via Willy but we are so bereft of experience, he's probably a certain starter against the Roos.

I hated Howard's game but I think we need to see him against different opposition and circumstances before definitively striking him out.

I'd love to squeeze Roberts in.

wimberga
06-05-2013, 09:12 AM
Ins: Gia, Griff, Murphy, possibly Williams - all of these alluded to by the coach post match. coach also said in post match that stringer was subbed so he can play next week, so lets hope that's still good.

Outs: Tutt, Addison, Howard, Austin (for williams)

Tutt & Addison perhaps a bit unlucky, Howard probably deserves another chance but only to really confirm what all of us already know, and Austin out if Williams is back.

MrMahatma
06-05-2013, 09:16 AM
Don't get why we bring kids in for 1 game then drop them.

Goes for Vez and will for Howard if we drop him. Even blokes in test cricket get a longer go than that.

azabob
06-05-2013, 09:47 AM
Out- Austin, Howard

In- Griffen, Markovic

Austin and Howard aren't AFL players, Griffen back is a positive and Markovic has more to offer. Stringer may also be in doubt.

Would we be better off playing Roberts instead of Markovic?

Is Roberts better sutied forward or back?

Ozza
06-05-2013, 09:51 AM
I guess we will have to wait for the injury reports to see who will come in...hopefully Griffen & Murphy as a minimum. Whether Stringer or any others are out will determine who comes in.

I will nominate Howard and Austin to miss. Both for the same reason unfortunately.

soupman
06-05-2013, 12:36 PM

This is what I want.

It would appear from Willy reports that Roberts is being developed at both ends of the ground. Seeing as this is essentially what Austins role has been in the seniors, would we not be better served to have Roberts play the role instead. He would be at least as ineffective a forward, and it could really accelerate his development. The only question is whether it means we don't have a second ruck, because while Roberts must be just as good in the ruck as guys like Austin, I'm not sure we would be willing to risk his less developed body in that role.

(Williams is ahead of Roberts in this role though, but this suggestion is more so for when Williams is spending his allotted 50% of games on the sidelines injured)

azabob
06-05-2013, 02:09 PM
This is what I want.

It would appear from Willy reports that Roberts is being developed at both ends of the ground. Seeing as this is essentially what Austins role has been in the seniors, would we not be better served to have Roberts play the role instead. He would be at least as ineffective a forward, and it could really accelerate his development. The only question is whether it means we don't have a second ruck, because while Roberts must be just as good in the ruck as guys like Austin, I'm not sure we would be willing to risk his less developed body in that role.

(Williams is ahead of Roberts in this role though, but this suggestion is more so for when Williams is spending his allotted 50% of games on the sidelines injured)

I agree. I think there is a spot for both Williams and Roberts in the team. Williams could be that second ruck when required.

Greystache
06-05-2013, 03:06 PM

Possibly but I'd be inclined to give him another couple of weeks given how much preseason he missed. If Talia was available I'd be playing him now in front of both. I am a huge Roberts fan however.

LostDoggy
06-05-2013, 06:52 PM
I'm a fan of most our players. But I do not see what's the point of Addison getting a game. Yes he may be 'hard' but other then that he offer nothing. His hardness does nothing other then the opposition getting free kicks or an easy turn over as a result of not playing the ball.

Addison out
Murphy in

josie
06-05-2013, 08:36 PM
Hi Danstar,

I had similar thoughts on Addison year before last, however I reckon last year and in the game yesterday I think he was OK - at least middling compared to rest of team on the day. Stats in newspaper for yesterday's game indicate he had 14 disposals, no free's against, 1 goal, 4 or 5 tackles, more uncontested than contested possessions and only 1 critical error - much better than about half or more of his other team mates.

I also think Addison and Clay Smith and Dalhaus offer better pressure at ground level when we are inside our 50 metre arc. All are much quicker than Gia and Higgins and I think he is a reasonably accurate inside 50 metres from memory.

Worth persvering with, as is Tutt.

Howard I'm not sold on as so far as does not appear to be tough nor effective. Would love to be proven wrong though.

The Underdog
06-05-2013, 09:36 PM
I'm a fan of most our players. But I do not see what's the point of Addison getting a game. Yes he may be 'hard' but other then that he offer nothing. His hardness does nothing other then the opposition getting free kicks or an easy turn over as a result of not playing the ball.

Addison out
Murphy in

I think that is more of a description of what Dylan was than what he is. He has developed his game with the ball in hand, isn't a turnover merchant anymore, can play a role and option forward and still offers us a hard defensive presence. He is a top 22 player for us at the moment. It is up to the guys below him to move him out.

Anyone know what the issue was with Cordy not playing for Williamstown this week?

Greystache
06-05-2013, 09:41 PM
Anyone know what the issue was with Cordy not playing for Williamstown this week?

Tight back was what I was told at the game.

LostDoggy
06-05-2013, 10:13 PM
I think that is more of a description of what Dylan was than what he is. He has developed his game with the ball in hand, isn't a turnover merchant anymore, can play a role and option forward and still offers us a hard defensive presence. He is a top 22 player for us at the moment. It is up to the guys below him to move him out.

He has played one game this year. He isn't quick, he doesn't kick goals (20 in 94 games) and I haven't seen anything to make me think otherwise. I admire how he will crash into a player without hesitation, but I don't see him turning the corner any time soon. I wish he did, but he has been with us for 6 years now. It's now or never

soupman
06-05-2013, 10:43 PM
He has played one game this year. He isn't quick, he doesn't kick goals (20 in 94 games) and I haven't seen anything to make me think otherwise. I admire how he will crash into a player without hesitation, but I don't see him turning the corner any time soon. I wish he did, but he has been with us for 6 years now. It's now or never

Didn't he kick 4 goals in a match late last year?

20 goals in 94 games means nothing when he's played 90 of them as a defender. How many goals had Harry Taylor kicked prior to moving forward at times last year?

Dry Rot
06-05-2013, 10:56 PM
I am a huge Roberts fan however.

I haven't really seen him play.

What do you like about him?

Do you see his future down back or up forward?

Ghost Dog
06-05-2013, 11:36 PM
I see him as an outside midfielder actually. Great Poise and nice kick. We badly need some better footwork in the midfield.

boydogs
07-05-2013, 01:12 AM
Ins: Gia, Griff, Murphy, possibly Williams - all of these alluded to by the coach post match. coach also said in post match that stringer was subbed so he can play next week, so lets hope that's still good.

Outs: Tutt, Addison, Howard, Austin (for williams)

Tutt & Addison perhaps a bit unlucky, Howard probably deserves another chance but only to really confirm what all of us already know, and Austin out if Williams is back.

Same for me, though if Williams isn't right bring in Grant.

Goes for Vez and will for Howard if we drop him. Even blokes in test cricket get a longer go than that.

Vesz was abysmal, if he was just poor he probably would have stayed in. Howard was only called upon to cover injury.

Greystache
07-05-2013, 01:19 AM
I haven't really seen him play.

What do you like about him?

Do you see his future down back or up forward?

Good positioning in a contest, excellent composure, and a very neat user of the ball for a key position player. He's also a good size and will be a monster in 2-3 years, Travis Cloke like I believe.

Only issue is he's not the quickest. I've liked him in defence, but for this reason I think eventually he will go forward where his smarts can be his weapon.

Dry Rot
07-05-2013, 01:41 AM
Good positioning in a contest, excellent composure, and a very neat user of the ball for a key position player. He's also a good size and will be a monster in 2-3 years, Travis Cloke like I believe.

Only issue is he's not the quickest. I've liked him in defence, but for this reason I think eventually he will go forward where his smarts can be his weapon.

Thanks. Would you play him ahead of Cordy?

LostDoggy
07-05-2013, 10:35 AM
Didn't he kick 4 goals in a match late last year?

20 goals in 94 games means nothing when he's played 90 of them as a defender. How many goals had Harry Taylor kicked prior to moving forward at times last year?

Sorry. I was meant to quote another post, who wrote about how he is a good small forward.

lemmon
07-05-2013, 11:21 AM
Sneaky chance Dahl may be sent back to the twos to find some form? Third year but he's stagnated, just isn't winning the footy.

Bulldog Joe
07-05-2013, 12:12 PM
Team selection this week might also be influenced by players needing to rest.

Young players do struggle with the week to week demands and a 6 day break off a trip west is not easy. For some it will be their first exposure to that sort of turnaround.

With Griffen Murphy Gia and possibly Williams available it does give a chance to rest some.

Outs
Austin as direct swap for Williams
Howard
Macrae (rest)
???

Ins
Williams
Griffen
Murphy
Gia

Nuggety Back Pocket
07-05-2013, 01:04 PM

It just goes to prove our lack of depth without Griffen Murphy Williams Wood Talia Dickson and Roberts. You could add Austin to Vez and Howard as well.
We were sadly undermanned in the West.

azabob
07-05-2013, 01:04 PM
Sneaky chance Dahl may be sent back to the twos to find some form? Third year but he's stagnated, just isn't winning the footy.

He is a victim of his own form early on. Opposition are now sitting on him and have been since this year and last.

If he was in a stronger team it wouldn't be an issue, but when we are relying on him in more ways the one to generate excitment both on and off the filed it is a massive load to shoulder.

F'scary
07-05-2013, 01:36 PM
Hi Danstar,

I had similar thoughts on Addison year before last, however I reckon last year and in the game yesterday I think he was OK - at least middling compared to rest of team on the day. Stats in newspaper for yesterday's game indicate he had 14 disposals, no free's against, 1 goal, 4 or 5 tackles, more uncontested than contested possessions and only 1 critical error - much better than about half or more of his other team mates.

I also think Addison and Clay Smith and Dalhaus offer better pressure at ground level when we are inside our 50 metre arc. All are much quicker than Gia and Higgins and I think he is a reasonably accurate inside 50 metres from memory.

Worth persvering with, as is Tutt.

Howard I'm not sold on as so far as does not appear to be tough nor effective. Would love to be proven wrong though.

They call him DFA but he's ok. Keep!

EasternWest
07-05-2013, 02:53 PM
They call him DFA but he's ok. Keep!

They call him DFA because that was what Johnno called him when he gave him his jersey pre-first game.

And it was broadcast live.

The Pie Man
07-05-2013, 03:10 PM

I thought the same a few weeks back, but not after Sunday - almost everytime I saw him fight for the ball he had 2-3 eagles pouncing on him with no help. Despite this, he was still one of our highest possesion winners on the day with 21.

Can't see how we'd play Williams with no game back from the adductor injury in the VFL. Murphy probably needs another week too.

In : Griffen
Out : Howard

If Gia plays, I suspect it'd be for Tutt or Stringer - I'd rather they leave it though.

I get the calls for Austin to be dropped - I can't see who for though given Cordy didn't play VFL. Thought he played an ok defensive role in the 2nd half. Maybe Roberts could some in for one of Austin or Young.

Surely Addison is required - actually liked his game on the weekend.

soupman
07-05-2013, 03:30 PM
You would think that if Williams returns Austin is the one who makes way.

lemmon
07-05-2013, 03:42 PM
I thought the same a few weeks back, but not after Sunday - almost everytime I saw him fight for the ball he had 2-3 eagles pouncing on him with no help. Despite this, he was still one of our highest possesion winners on the day with 21.

That's a surprise to me, didn't feel like he had that many disposals. Definitely saw him around the ball a lot but I never noticed much impact. Thanks for that

Cyberdoggie
07-05-2013, 03:53 PM

Only if they are from New South Wales.

Greystache
07-05-2013, 03:54 PM

I've noticed this over the last few weeks, he had players sweating on him to take possession so they could pounce on him. I actually think he's been petty good, he just has no support and so few dangerous players around him to take the opposition's attention.

F'scary
09-05-2013, 01:33 PM
They call him DFA because that was what Johnno called him when he gave him his jersey pre-first game.

And it was broadcast live.

Right on, Johnno!:D

bornadog
09-05-2013, 07:23 PM
WB – In: Giansiracusa, Murphy, Griffen, Markovic. Out: Stevens, Howard, Stringer, Macrae.

NM – In: Harvey. Out: Grima

GVGjr
09-05-2013, 07:33 PM
WB – In: Giansiracusa, Murphy, Griffen, Markovic. Out: Stevens, Howard, Stringer, Macrae.

I still think we should have rested Stringer or Macrae last week and had them fresh for this game.

I like the ins for this week. Is Austin lucky?

azabob
09-05-2013, 07:38 PM
I still think we should have rested Stringer or Macrae last week and had them fresh for this game.

I like the ins for this week. Is Austin lucky?

Perhaps the coaching panel wanted them to experience an away game again?

I like the INs, in an ideal world one of Gia would come back through the two's due to his form line before going out.

Austin appears lucky by all accounts.

Hotdog60
09-05-2013, 07:46 PM
Soreness raised it's ugly head.....

GVGjr
09-05-2013, 07:52 PM
Soreness raised it's ugly head.....

The General?

chef
09-05-2013, 07:53 PM

Happy with that.

comrade
09-05-2013, 08:07 PM
Gia is very lucky we have a barebones forward line. His form prior to injury did not warrant a call up straight away in my opinion.

GVGjr
09-05-2013, 08:09 PM
Gia is very lucky we have a barebones forward line. His form prior to injury did not warrant a call up straight away in my opinion.

With a normal list of injured players he would have to play a week at Williamstown but given how many guys are out at the moment it's certainly worked out for a speedy return.

Remi Moses
09-05-2013, 08:10 PM
Lot of pressure on Jones. Markovic and Austin in the side. Don't like it
Second Ruckman? Are they trying to kill Minson?
Think Minson might have the General shortly.

comrade
09-05-2013, 08:21 PM
Markovic to take on the Leigh Brown 2nd ruck role?

Nuggety Back Pocket
09-05-2013, 08:23 PM
With a normal list of injured players he would have to play a week at Williamstown but given how many guys are out at the moment it's certainly worked out for a speedy return.

Gia's return shows how depleted our stocks have become.
Do we have to put up with Austin on the forward line for the third week in a row?
This would have been a good time to elevate Roberts instead of Markovic and Austin who both fall short of the required ability at AFL level.

LostDoggy
09-05-2013, 08:59 PM

Great, Harvey is in. He never plays any good against the Dogs:rolleyes:

G-Mo77
09-05-2013, 09:12 PM
A bit meh on the inclusions TBH.

Markovic to take on the Leigh Brown 2nd ruck role?

I think this is how it will go, I don't think I've seen him as a forward though, even at Box Hill. Neither Austin or Marko excite me that much.

The other inclusions are no brainers.

Disappointed about Macrae and Stringer. Selfish reasons though, just wanted to see them play Saturday.

I thought Stevens was one of our better players last week and he's been hit with the O? I guess the senior players who were apparently poor get a reprieve or is Stevens one of them?

Christian Howard, thanks for your services.

whythelongface
09-05-2013, 09:24 PM
I thought Stevens was one of our better players last week and he's been hit with the O? I guess the senior players who were apparently poor get a reprieve or is Stevens one of them?

I was surprised with Steven's omission. Thought he had been serviceable since his debut with us and certainly didn't think he was one of worst performers on the weekend. Guess one of the mids had to make way for Grif. Thought it may have been Cross.

Who will be the sub this week? Possibly Crossy.

Go_Dogs
09-05-2013, 09:40 PM
I was surprised with Steven's omission. Thought he had been serviceable since his debut with us and certainly didn't think he was one of worst performers on the weekend. Guess one of the mids had to make way for Grif.

I was surprised by that one too, think we need to get a side with all of Cooney, Griff, Tutt, Dahl and Stevens so we've got some ability outside the contest too. Maybe he copped a few knocks off the ball from his old teammates and pulled up a bit sore.

Also pretty surprised to see Austin retained with Markovic in.

Besides that, good to have some senior players back and hopefully they can help lift the sides performance.

The Pie Man
09-05-2013, 10:17 PM
Stevens had 18 possessions last week. Not that I wanted Tutt dropped, but to compare he only had half that (as did JJ & Howard)

I presume Koby hasn't followed instruction at some point. Outside of that, very confusing

As with others...Marko *AND* Austin?.....

AndrewP6
09-05-2013, 10:19 PM
:confused: Marko, Austin in, and Stevens out...

Will be good to see Murph and Griff back in.

The bulldog tragician
09-05-2013, 10:51 PM
Selections have me confused this week. Stevens is quite unlucky, Gia the opposite. We pretty much know what Marko and Austin can do for us, and they aren't the future. if this is (another) year of rebuilding pain, I'd prefer to see what potential others have.

Remi Moses
09-05-2013, 10:53 PM
I'm confused. The coach has a crack at the senior players and then proceeds to drop Ummm Stevens.
Would have played Campbell in the Cordy role.
Mark Austin as a key forward ? Please no

Axe Man
09-05-2013, 11:08 PM
I'm confused. The coach has a crack at the senior players and then proceeds to drop Ummm Stevens.
Would have played Campbell in the Cordy role.
Mark Austin as a key forward ? Please no

Whilst I agree that Austin isn't the answer up forward, did you see the last time Campbell played the Cordy role? He was next to useless. Unfortunately we don't have any accomplished candidates for the tall forward/backup ruck role at the moment.

Remi Moses
09-05-2013, 11:16 PM
Whilst I agree that Austin isn't the answer up forward, did you see the last time Campbell played the Cordy role? He was next to useless. Unfortunately we don't have any accomplished candidates for the tall forward/backup ruck role at the moment.

Would be better playing someone who does ruck than a defender as a forward Ruck type.

Mantis
10-05-2013, 09:38 AM
Having missed watching our last 3 games I was looking forward to going to Saturday's game to see how our team is progressing, but these selections make it difficult to get excited.

From the players listed on the bench let's hope Cross or Austin are made sub... the other 2 have to play.

Cyberdoggie
10-05-2013, 10:49 AM
Stevens is our most benched player, On average across the length of a full game he is only on the park 66.4% of the time according to champion data. I'd say his best game for us was when he came on as a sub and scored as many DT points as he normally does in a full game.

Perhaps there is a fitness issue with him.

giaco
10-05-2013, 12:25 PM

Sounds like he played the Cordy role to perfection then (only joking, sort of).

Mofra
10-05-2013, 12:45 PM
Who will be the sub this week? Possibly Crossy.
Not sure we'll ever see Cross as the sub - he's a running machine, his tank is his bigest asset.
Playing as the sub takes away his biggest asset.

The Pie Man
10-05-2013, 12:59 PM
Having missed watching our last 3 games I was looking forward to going to Saturday's game to see how our team is progressing, but these selections make it difficult to get excited.

From the players listed on the bench let's hope Cross or Austin are made sub... the other 2 have to play.

I know for a Sunday game, being listed on the ground when the team's announced is confirmation you're playing - though I believe you can still be named the sub.

w3design
10-05-2013, 01:12 PM
I know for a Sunday game, being listed on the ground when the team's announced is confirmation you're playing - though I believe you can still be named the sub.
It's a Saturday game - twilight - don't turn up the wrong day, people!

Mantis
10-05-2013, 02:55 PM
Not sure we'll ever see Cross as the sub - he's a running machine, his tank is his bigest asset.
Playing as the sub takes away his biggest asset.

He is also quite possibly our slowest player who is struggling to find a role... and plenty of other teams use fit players as the sub. (Dalziell at WC)

I meant the other 2 (Wallis & Tutt) have to be in the starting 21... Neither should be the sub.

The Bulldogs Bite
10-05-2013, 03:37 PM
Sounds like he played the Cordy role to perfection then (only joking, sort of).

Call of the year so far. ;)

Much like others, I don't like Austin and Markovic in the same side. Neither are the future and they offer little in terms of the present. Disappointing that Stringer and Macrae are out, but it's understandable that their workload needs to be monitored.

Hopefully Roberts and Talia (when back from injury) are thrust into the action soon in place of Austin/Markovic.

Greystache
10-05-2013, 03:40 PM
I've been keen to see Markovic play the 2nd ruck role, looks like I might get my wish. I'm not expecting anything overwhelming from him, just to compete both in the ruck and forward and to provide a contest. If he can take a mark or kick a goal that's a bonus.

He's generally a hard working, if limited player, I'd like to think he'd at least present up as a forward.

Bulldog Joe
10-05-2013, 04:15 PM
I've been keen to see Markovic play the 2nd ruck role, looks like I might get my wish. I'm not expecting anything overwhelming from him, just to compete both in the ruck and forward and to provide a contest. If he can take a mark or kick a goal that's a bonus.

He's generally a hard working, if limited player, I'd like to think he'd at least present up as a forward.

I will also be happy if Marko gets some time forward and does some ruck relief.

Did see him play a quarter forward for Willi in his first year and felt he acquitted himself well.

giaco
10-05-2013, 04:33 PM
Tutt seems the likely sub, probably to come on for Gia or one of the tall backs later in the game. Unless, we want to ease Gia back in by starting him as sub.

Axe Man
10-05-2013, 04:51 PM
I've been keen to see Markovic play the 2nd ruck role

I'm not sure I've ever seen him get off the ground.:eek: At 193cm he's going to be up against it, hopefully he can at least limit the damage of the opposition ruckman when/if he's in there.

Greystache
10-05-2013, 04:52 PM
I will also be happy if Marko gets some time forward and does some ruck relief.

Did see him play a quarter forward for Willi in his first year and felt he acquitted himself well.

I think I might have seen the same game which is probably what made me open to the idea. He has the mature developed body similar to a Brown/Lynch that will allow him to compete in the ruck so long as the intent is there.

Greystache
10-05-2013, 04:55 PM
I'm not sure I've ever seen him get off the ground.:eek: At 193cm he's going to be up against it, hopefully he can at least limit the damage of the opposition ruckman when/if he's in there.

Leigh Brown was 193cm and I don't remember him for his vertical prowess. If he can crash in at the centre bounce, wrestle a bit at the thrown ins, his relative mobility should allow him to offer something around the ground. It may not work, but I think it's worth the try.

Bulldog Joe
10-05-2013, 04:59 PM
Tutt seems the likely sub, probably to come on for Gia or one of the tall backs later in the game. Unless, we want to ease Gia back in by starting him as sub.

I like the idea of Gia as sub. His footy smarts should be worth something when the heat is out of the game.

Mantis
10-05-2013, 05:28 PM
News on the Herald Sun website has Stevens on stand-by for one of the 3 returnees from injury (Gia, Murf, Griff) who is struggling to come up.

The Pie Man
10-05-2013, 05:30 PM
I meant the other 2 (Wallis & Tutt) have to be in the starting 21... Neither should be the sub.

Agree on the above - my point is it doesn't have to come from the named bench (at least I don't think so)

If Stevens comes in late as you've just mentioned, perhaps he'll be the sub.

G-Mo77
10-05-2013, 05:56 PM
News on the Herald Sun website has Stevens on stand-by for one of the 3 returnees from injury (Gia, Murf, Griff) who is struggling to come up.

I know everyone's hoping for Gia but I think it will be Griff that misses if someone does.

Axe Man
10-05-2013, 07:27 PM
Leigh Brown was 193cm and I don't remember him for his vertical prowess. If he can crash in at the centre bounce, wrestle a bit at the thrown ins, his relative mobility should allow him to offer something around the ground. It may not work, but I think it's worth the try.

Yeah fair enough, lets hope he can give big Will a decent chop out. Didn't realise Brown was only 193cm, one of those players that looks bigger than they are.