PDA

View Full Version : Updated free agent list

The Adelaide Connection
08-05-2013, 04:02 PM
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-05-08/new-free-agent-list

Anyone that you would like to take that we could realistically get?

Restricted free agents
Scott Thompson (Adelaide); Eddie Betts (Carlton); Nick Maxwell, Dale Thomas (Collingwood); Jobe Watson (Essendon); Lance Franklin (Hawthorn); Aaron Davey (Melbourne); Kane Cornes (Port Adelaide); Nick Dal Santo (St Kilda); Mark LeCras (West Coast); Adam Cooney, Dale Morris (Western Bulldogs).

Unrestricted free agents
Graham Johncock, Jason Porplyzia, Ben Rutten (Adelaide); Simon Black, Jonathan Brown (Brisbane Lions); Heath Scotland (Carlton); Alan Didak, Ben Johnson, Alan Toovey (Collingwood); Dustin Fletcher, David Hille, Nathan Lovett-Murray, Jason Winderlich (Essendon); Paul Chapman, Joel Corey, Corey Enright, Josh Hunt, Matthew Stokes (Geelong); Max Bailey, Xavier Ellis, Brent Guerra, Michael Osborne (Hawthorn); Colin Sylvia (Melbourne); MichaelFirrito, Brent Harvey, Drew Petrie (North Melbourne); Brett Ebert, Tom Logan, Matt Thomas (Port Adelaide); Daniel Jackson, Luke McGuane, Chris Newman, Shane Tuck, Matthew White (Richmond); Jason Blake, Lenny Hayes, Justin Koschitzke, Stephen Milne (St Kilda); Jude Bolton (Sydney Swans); Dean Cox, Andrew Embley, Darren Glass, Mark Nicoski, Adam Selwood, Beau Waters (West Coast); Dylan Addison, Daniel Cross, Daniel Giansiracusa (Western Bulldogs).

The Adelaide Connection
08-05-2013, 04:04 PM
I'd be worried that if Morris continues to have a good year someone with their "window" open could snap him up cheaply. That someone would probably be Hawthorn again.

Bulldog Joe
08-05-2013, 05:09 PM
I'd be worried that if Morris continues to have a good year someone with their "window" open could snap him up cheaply. That someone would probably be Hawthorn again.

With Cooney and Morris as restricted free agents, my understanding is that we would have the opportunity to match any offer.

As wer are likley to have more cap room, you would think we could only lose those players if someone is offering them over value.

In that case we would perhaps not be badly placed as we would be able to make a play for someone else such as Beau Waters.

lemmon
08-05-2013, 05:12 PM
Not a whole heap there to get excited about, perhaps Beau Waters or Alan Toovey I wouldn't mind but apart from that there isn't much

Mantis
08-05-2013, 05:22 PM
As we are likley to have more cap room, you would think we could only lose those players if someone is offering them over value.

Or if we weren't happy to pay perceived market value.

Ozza
08-05-2013, 06:10 PM
Dustin Fletcher would be a good pick up .....he's probably got 5 or 6 years left in him!

The Adelaide Connection
08-05-2013, 06:57 PM
I'd love Lecras and Petrie, but that obviously won't happen.

I think we wait to see who Sydney are going to go for and make a play for them!

azabob
08-05-2013, 08:00 PM
I was surprised to see Addison as an unrestricted free agent.

SlimPickens
08-05-2013, 08:43 PM
Wouldn't mind Buddy.

Dry Rot
08-05-2013, 09:10 PM
The unrestricted players are really only for the top teams with their window open. You'd only get a couple of years out of them at best IMO.

Go_Dogs
09-05-2013, 08:31 AM
Putting his current woes to one side, would Jason Porplyzia be someone that could fill a role in our young forward line next year? He'll probably be going cheaply too.

G-Mo77
09-05-2013, 10:50 AM
Putting his current woes to one side, would Jason Porplyzia be someone that could fill a role in our young forward line next year? He'll probably be going cheaply too.

Assuming Higgins and Williams are still with us, adding the porpoise gives us 3 glass soldiers. It'd be a no from my end. Would be a great fit if he was a bit more durable.

soupman
09-05-2013, 12:44 PM
You can take Petrie off the list.

LostDoggy
09-05-2013, 11:31 PM
Fletcher. Just because he's older than the coaches.

bulldogtragic
30-05-2013, 10:26 PM
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-05-08/new-free-agent-list

Anyone that you would like to take that we could realistically get?

Restricted free agents
Scott Thompson (Adelaide); Eddie Betts (Carlton); Nick Maxwell, Dale Thomas (Collingwood); Jobe Watson (Essendon); Lance Franklin (Hawthorn); Aaron Davey (Melbourne); Kane Cornes (Port Adelaide); Nick Dal Santo (St Kilda); Mark LeCras (West Coast); Adam Cooney, Dale Morris (Western Bulldogs).

Unrestricted free agents
Graham Johncock, Jason Porplyzia, Ben Rutten (Adelaide); Simon Black, Jonathan Brown (Brisbane Lions); Heath Scotland (Carlton); Alan Didak, Ben Johnson, Alan Toovey (Collingwood); Dustin Fletcher, David Hille, Nathan Lovett-Murray, Jason Winderlich (Essendon); Paul Chapman, Joel Corey, Corey Enright, Josh Hunt, Matthew Stokes (Geelong); Max Bailey, Xavier Ellis, Brent Guerra, Michael Osborne (Hawthorn); Colin Sylvia (Melbourne); MichaelFirrito, Brent Harvey, Drew Petrie (North Melbourne); Brett Ebert, Tom Logan, Matt Thomas (Port Adelaide); Daniel Jackson, Luke McGuane, Chris Newman, Shane Tuck, Matthew White (Richmond); Jason Blake, Lenny Hayes, Justin Koschitzke, Stephen Milne (St Kilda); Jude Bolton (Sydney Swans); Dean Cox, Andrew Embley, Darren Glass, Mark Nicoski, Adam Selwood, Beau Waters (West Coast); Dylan Addison, Daniel Cross, Daniel Giansiracusa (Western Bulldogs).
Being that Gordon has flagged a FA recruitment, what from the list would be worth the cash?

chef
31-05-2013, 08:38 AM
Being that Gordon has flagged a FA recruitment, what from the list would be worth the cash?

Not a great deal of choice IMO. Would rather us go after younger players looking to establish themselves in a best 22(just like we did last year).

Bulldog4life
31-05-2013, 04:57 PM

We possibly might target a player coming out of contract.

Doc26
31-05-2013, 05:04 PM
Assuming Dale Thomas was open to joining us, I'd take him in a heartbeat.

LostDoggy
31-05-2013, 08:20 PM
I didn't mind the idea of Matthew Stokes, he has had a huge season to date. Has built he's fitness up and is a classy outside finisher we are in need of.

But I didn't realise he was 28! Thought he was 25/26..

chef
31-05-2013, 08:22 PM
Why would he leave Geelong to come to us?

LostDoggy
01-06-2013, 08:39 PM
Why would he leave Geelong to come to us?

$$$$