PDA

View Full Version : Three Things I've Learned - Round 8 Edition

GVGjr
18-05-2013, 08:15 PM
This should be interesting so post up three things you've learned as a result of watching the game today.

bulldogtragic
18-05-2013, 08:18 PM
1. It's called football, yet we can't master placing the ball on our foot.

2. Kicking in is a liability.

3. We are not playing for the coach, club, selves, respect, pride, etc - and it's this that hurts, not losing.

AndrewP6
18-05-2013, 08:25 PM
1. The coach is the wrong person to lead this rebuild.
2. The players aren't playing with the pride our club deserves.
3. Mark Ricciuto and Dermott Breteton are worse at their current jobs than Foxtel's dream team of Michael Christian and Dwayne Russell.

LostDoggy
19-05-2013, 09:58 AM
1. I don't recall being so positive about a draft since the early 00's
2. Liam Jones needs to be taken aside and told that '
We think you're heading in the right direction, just extend your arms bud'
3. Call needs to be made on the batch of Coons, Gia, Cross, Boyd and Morris. Three should be tapped on the shoulder at years end, but one or two need the call now.

LostDoggy
19-05-2013, 10:22 AM
1. I don't recall being so positive about a draft since the early 00's
2. Liam Jones needs to be taken aside and told that '
We think you're heading in the right direction, just extend your arms bud'
3. Call needs to be made on the batch of Coons, Gia, Cross, Boyd and Morris. Three should be tapped on the shoulder at years end, but one or two need the call now.

Call needs to be made on Cooney, really? Gia will retire, Cross also (in my opinion), Boyd should consider retiring, Wouldn't like to see a defence without Morris for a couple of seasons at least.

LostDoggy
19-05-2013, 10:24 AM
I'm watching replay now. 1st quarter we dominated. We just missed so many easy chances .

Our fitness is poor after half time

Decision making seems to go out the door after half time also

westdog54
19-05-2013, 10:41 AM
1. Poor decision making is a coach killer.
2. You can't be an elite key forward when you're as hot and cold as Liam Jones.
3. Gold Coast will be flat out scary with Ablett, O'Meara and Martin all on the same field.

Ghost Dog
19-05-2013, 03:40 PM
1. Throw up any stats you like, but the ability to run ( foot ) kicking accuracy ( ball ) rules this game.
2. Jake Stringer and Jackson MaCrae were good picks. Didn't disgrace themselves.
3. Senior players who miss shots on goal, straight in front are aplenty in our team. Want to see evidence from Bulldogs TV that something is going to be done about this. Want a real insight into what the club does to rectify poor kicking.

Chicago1
19-05-2013, 03:49 PM
1. I'm glad that I didn't buy the AFL's feed for matches this year. The money will instead be invested in alcohol to accompany the radio broadcasts for the rest of the year.
2. I'm wondering when the coach's words in his 2 April 2013 letter to supporters stating: "When you come to watch us this season, you will see a team that can run games out better and that can compete for longer," will come to fruition.
3. I'm not really keen on the red and gold combination of colors. With apologies to China, of course.

Remi Moses
19-05-2013, 04:06 PM
Wish we could swap places Chicago.
Would be nice to watch Matt Harvey in action for the Mets

Chicago1
19-05-2013, 04:49 PM
Grrrrrr... :mad:

LostDoggy
19-05-2013, 05:30 PM
Call needs to be made on Cooney, really? Gia will retire, Cross also (in my opinion), Boyd should consider retiring, Wouldn't like to see a defence without Morris for a couple of seasons at least.

He's in the group imo, but will discuss elsewhere for the sake of the thread.

SlimPickens
19-05-2013, 08:01 PM
1. We simply do not work hard enough away from the contest, particularly in defence.

2. Too many of our players give a 1m useless handball to move the issue on to their team mate. They don't provide a block or sheppard to give the extra meter or two to the receiver to give them the time to make a good decision or execute good skills.

3. We have players who refuse to play as instructed (I'm convinced of this), this is a blight on our coach and our match committee for continuing to play such players. If you want to preach team defence that is fine but if players are not conforming to that ethos, they don't play. It's that simple.

Ghost Dog
19-05-2013, 10:33 PM
1. We simply do not work hard enough away from the contest, particularly in defence.

2. Too many of our players give a 1m useless handball to move the issue on to their team mate. They don't provide a block or sheppard to give the extra meter or two to the receiver to give them the time to make a good decision or execute good skills.

3. We have players who refuse to play as instructed (I'm convinced of this), this is a blight on our coach and our match committee for continuing to play such players. If you want to preach team defence that is fine but if players are not conforming to that ethos, they don't play. It's that simple.

Exactly. This is well said. And senior players FFS.

Cyberdoggie
20-05-2013, 03:25 PM
2. I'm wondering when the coach's words in his 2 April 2013 letter to supporters stating: "When you come to watch us this season, you will see a team that can run games out better and that can compete for longer," will come to fruition.

Last year we were dead and buried by half time, this year we last until half way through the 3rd quarter before that happens. :p

LostDoggy
20-05-2013, 03:58 PM
One thing I've (re)learnt:

* Don't come onto WOOF after a loss like that.

G-Mo77
20-05-2013, 06:19 PM
One thing I've (re)learnt:

* Don't come onto WOOF after a loss like that.

Yep, pretty much. Or Facebook, or Twitter. Don't go to BF much anymore so I don't know if there was a meltdown there.

Maddog37
20-05-2013, 06:26 PM
To be honest BF has been more rational than here apart from a couple of regular naysayers.

bornadog
20-05-2013, 06:50 PM
To be honest BF has been more rational than here apart from a couple of regular naysayers.

Who hasn't been rational on WOOF, besides Bulldogtragics threads:D

LostDoggy
20-05-2013, 06:51 PM

Rational - we support the Bulldogs ffs

Nuggety Back Pocket
20-05-2013, 09:07 PM
1 . Too many slow players in particular in the midfield is a huge concern.
2. We sadly lack enough players who can take an overhead mark, which includes our number one ruckman, Will Minson.
3. Our attack doesn't have a quality key forward with both Stringer and Jones still a work in progress.

boydogs
20-05-2013, 09:28 PM
1. Playing an U/10's ball chasing game plan is extremely tiring
2. Stringer & Macrae will be elite
3. Gold Coast have gone past us

Dog54
20-05-2013, 09:44 PM
To many numbers around the ball forces handballs under pressure and turnovers

Boyd is not fit and looks embarrassing out there (don't play him if not right)

Roughead is an elite mark of the football ( whish we had two of him)

LostDoggy
20-05-2013, 11:13 PM
Some of our defenders (whether mids or actual defenders) seem slow; we have been outrun on too many occasions. We struggle to keep up to get the ball back.

Sides have learnt to beat us by applying pressure to our forwards, forcing a turnover, then sweeping away with the ball, often through the corridor. Winning the contested footy is meaningless if it means that teams can just sweat on us for a turnover.

Our players did not strongly mark the ball or kill it. Spoiling is fine if there is a plan as to where you are meant to be hitting it.