PDA

View Full Version : Round 9 - Other Matches

Eastdog
24-05-2013, 11:31 AM
Round 9 Fixture

http://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/fixtures

wimberga
24-05-2013, 01:26 PM
Must win game for North this week. Not sure they can do it.

Eastdog
24-05-2013, 01:28 PM
Must win game for North this week. Not sure they can do it.

I tipped the Tigers against the Bombers and stuck with North against the Crows but that tip could change to the Crows.

GVGjr
24-05-2013, 09:58 PM
Swans have been very good. Shame to see Rampe playing well for them.

bulldogtragic
24-05-2013, 10:04 PM
Everitt still looks shaky IMHO. Geez did we all have big hopes...

Remi Moses
24-05-2013, 10:07 PM
Sydney just working The Pies ragged.
Lack of pressure from Collingwood very noticeable.Can't get over how loose Collingwood are!
Wasn't like this under Mick, that is for sure.

Remi Moses
24-05-2013, 10:10 PM
Everitt still looks shaky IMHO. Geez did we all have big hopes...

Saw his bomb inside 50 under no pressure?
Had Jetta loose .

Eastdog
24-05-2013, 10:27 PM
I tipped the Tigers against the Bombers and stuck with North against the Crows but that tip could change to the Crows.

Think ill stick with North in my tipping for this round. The Swans are doing well against the Pies.

Eastdog
24-05-2013, 11:26 PM
Swans very impressive tonight and have a great win.

Greystache
24-05-2013, 11:27 PM
Sydney just working The Pies ragged.
Lack of pressure from Collingwood very noticeable.Can't get over how loose Collingwood are!
Wasn't like this under Mick, that is for sure.

It's amazing how quickly Collingwood has gone backwards since their new coaching team took over, especially with minimal player changes. They became a dominant team on the back of defence and pressure yet they have tried to turn themselves into an all out attack run and gun team. It's bizarre they're completely one way running now and are so easy to score against, then when their coaches get asked about what they're doing wrong all they talk about us being more attacking and moving the ball faster!

I'm loving it, at best they'll be a finals also ran when they could've created a dynasty!

Remi Moses
24-05-2013, 11:35 PM
Adam Goodes, what a champion. The difference in Collingwood from 2 to 3 years ago is noticeable.

LostDoggy
24-05-2013, 11:44 PM
Well done Goodsey, on and off the field.

AndrewP6
25-05-2013, 12:18 AM
I'm not a huge Eddie fan, but I applaud his quick response, going to see Goodes, speaking to Richo. Unfortunate end to an impressive Sydney win.

Eastdog
25-05-2013, 12:22 AM
I'm not a huge Eddie fan, but I applaud his quick response, going to see Goodes, speaking to Richo. Unfortunate end to an impressive Sydney win.

That was very good of Eddie to get on the front foot. Incidents like this especially in indigenous round is totally unacceptable. I hope the young girl learns from this and never does it again.

Remi Moses
25-05-2013, 12:30 AM
Lets also hope social media doesn't crucify this young girl.

Eastdog
25-05-2013, 12:35 AM
Lets also hope social media doesn't crucify this young girl.

For sure the media shouldn't blow it out of proportion. She is only 14 years old and she can learn from it.

bornadog
25-05-2013, 12:51 AM
Who cares how old she is, she should know better. We can't put up with this sort of behaviour in society. What sort of parents has she got and how the hell did they bring her up.

AndrewP6
25-05-2013, 01:24 AM
Who cares how old she is, she should know better. We can't put up with this sort of behaviour in society. What sort of parents has she got and how the hell did they bring her up.

Sorry, but that's an incredibly presumptuous attitude. We can't possibly make such judgments, on the basis of what is alleged to have occurred (the specifics of which we don't actually know). If, as is believed, she is a "minor", well, sorry, but kids do make mistakes. Sometimes lots of them, and sometimes big ones. Their judgment, use of rational thinking, ability to empathise etc. often isn't as well developed as many (not all) adults - nor should we expect it to be.

If it was your child up there on the screen, would you take the blame for poor parenting? :rolleyes:

Dry Rot
25-05-2013, 01:31 AM

Agreed. Thought McGuire was all class in handling this incident.

A lot of people put shit on him but I reckon he's a credit to the Pies and the game.

Dry Rot
25-05-2013, 01:36 AM

I'm missing something here - we could have had him?

Dry Rot
25-05-2013, 01:37 AM
Swans very impressive tonight and have a great win.

We could learn a lot from the Swans - do the line coaches show video of these other matches?

AndrewP6
25-05-2013, 01:38 AM

I think he did some training with us, whilst playing for Willi.

Greystache
25-05-2013, 01:43 AM

Played at Williamstown for a couple of years after he was delisted by Sydney the first time. Played some good footy in 2011 but was ripped apart by pat Rose in the GF which probably killed his chances that year to be rookied.

Greystache
25-05-2013, 01:45 AM

What happened to kids make mistakes we shouldn't condemn them for it? It was good enough for Dayle Garlett.

Dry Rot
25-05-2013, 02:00 AM
I think he did some training with us, whilst playing for Willi.

Played at Williamstown for a couple of years after he was delisted by Sydney the first time. Played some good footy in 2011 but was ripped apart by pat Rose in the GF which probably killed his chances that year to be rookied.

Thanks guys.

chef
25-05-2013, 06:59 AM
Sorry, but that's an incredibly presumptuous attitude. We can't possibly make such judgments, on the basis of what is alleged to have occurred (the specifics of which we don't actually know). If, as is believed, she is a "minor", well, sorry, but kids do make mistakes. Sometimes lots of them, and sometimes big ones. Their judgment, use of rational thinking, ability to empathise etc. often isn't as well developed as many (not all) adults - nor should we expect it to be.

If it was your child up there on the screen, would you take the blame for poor parenting? :rolleyes:

What happened?

GVGjr
25-05-2013, 07:44 AM

He played for Williamstown for a few seasons and did some preseason training with us.
You may recall I talked him up on a few Williamstown reports.

Was never going to be a star player but I think he would have been more than decent on our list.

While he might never be a player that gets to 100 senior games the Swans are great at identifying talent for what they need in the short term.

GVGjr
25-05-2013, 07:45 AM
What happened?

Goodes took exception to comments she made and she got ushered out.

Given it's also the Indigenous round she needs some eduction in how to conduct herself.

bornadog
25-05-2013, 10:34 AM
What happened to kids make mistakes we shouldn't condemn them for it? It was good enough for Dayle Garlett.

I never said Garlett shouldn't be punished, it's the severity of the punishment.
Same as this girl no one said we should hang her.

bornadog
25-05-2013, 10:38 AM

I said we shouldn't put up with this sort of thing in society, surely you agree with that. If it was my daughter I would be totally embarrassed and would take the blame.

AndrewP6
25-05-2013, 11:57 AM
I said we shouldn't put up with this sort of thing in society, surely you agree with that. If it was my daughter I would be totally embarrassed and would take the blame.

You called her parenting into question, and queried her upbringing, off the back of what appears to be an ill-considered comment - by a child.

bornadog
25-05-2013, 12:25 PM
You called her parenting into question, and queried her upbringing, off the back of what appears to be an ill-considered comment - by a child.

I stand by what I said

GVGjr
25-05-2013, 01:04 PM

Who was this 13yo girl sitting with at a Friday night football game? From what I have seen, she was sitting by herself well at least no one else walked out with her.
I don't blame the girl for what she said but I'd certainly question the role models in her life for not teaching her the right from wrong.
If those role models happen to be her parents then I'd be asking them what they have done to educate the girl concerned.

I think BAD's comments actually have some merit. This is not just an error because of youth, this is an error about education and respect.

AndrewP6
25-05-2013, 01:08 PM
I stand by what I said

Me too.

AndrewP6
25-05-2013, 01:10 PM
Who was this 13yo girl sitting with at a Friday night football game? From what I have seen, she was sitting by herself well at least no one else walked out with her.
I don't blame the girl for what she said but I'd certainly question the role models in her life for not teaching her the right from wrong.
If those role models happen to be her parents then I'd be asking them what they have done to educate the girl concerned.

I think BAD's comments actually have some merit. This is not just an error because of youth, this is an error about education and respect.

I disagree. We know nothing of this girl, her parents or her home life. We can't possibly make judgments such as you're suggesting in light of ONE incident.

AndrewP6
25-05-2013, 01:11 PM

She's 13.

GVGjr
25-05-2013, 01:20 PM
I disagree. We know nothing of this girl, her parents or her home life. We can't possibly make judgments such as you're suggesting in light of ONE incident.

Have a read of what I have written. I have certainly made allowances for who her role models might be.

The comments she made is because someone hasn't educated her on how she should conduct herself. I don't blame her for the comments but she has missed a vital piece of eduction about life along the way. I'm assuming that someone has been charged to set her on the right course but one way or the other she is overdue for a frank and honest discussion about treating others with respect.

bulldogtragic
25-05-2013, 01:21 PM
At the risk of getting myself in his debate, by 13 my parents had taught me right from wrong and that racism was wrong. So I think it is only fair to question parenting. It's only a question, not hanging them or publicly embarrassing them the way Goodes was publicly embarrassed.

GVGjr
25-05-2013, 01:28 PM
She's 13.

So in your opinion at what age should someone be given advice and education about treating people with respect? I think if she is capable of going to the footy with minimal supervision then she is long overdue for a chat about respect and how to express herself.

She simply hasn't learned any better.

bornadog
25-05-2013, 01:28 PM
At the risk of getting myself in his debate, by 13 my parents had taught me right from wrong and that racism was wrong. So I think it is only fair to question parenting. It's only a question, not hanging them or publicly embarrassing them the way Goodes was publicly embarrassed.

This from Eddie:

"We will find out what the hell has gone on," he said. "They are saying it is a 14-year-old girl or whatever. I don't care. We will go and see her parents. We are not going to stand for this.
"We are not going to have this rubbish. Some young girl has gone and said something stupid. Bad luck. We are not making excuses people made excuses for too long about this. There is no generation gap for idiots.

This from Goodes:

Sydney Swans star Adam Goodes said he was ‘‘gutted’’ when a young fan called him an ‘‘ape’’ in the dying minutes of his club’s win over Collingwood on Friday night.
"It’s not her fault, she’s 13, she’s still so innocent I don’t put any blame on her but that’s the environment she’s grown up in,’’ Goodes told reporters on Saturday morning.
Goodes said he had been the victim of racist abuse in the past, but was more affected by this comment, coming in the opening game of the AFL’s Indigenous Round.

Adam Goodes of the Sydney Swans and AFL CEO Andrew Demetriou after speaking to the media during an AFL press conference. Photo: Getty
"It cut me deep, it affected me so much I couldn’t be on the ground to celebrate the victory in the Indigenous Round,’’ he said.

GVGjr
25-05-2013, 01:36 PM

I agree.

By the age of 10 I got into a few fist fights with school mates because they used to tease a neighborhood girl because she was different. I was told to stick up for her and I duly did.

To this day, I still can't stand the way people use the words spastic or retarded because it disrespects people and shows that people haven't learned a lot about respect.

I don't think anyone is too young to learn the right things.

G-Mo77
25-05-2013, 01:49 PM
I wonder if there would as much sympathy if it was a 13 year old boy.

Either way she has apologised now so time to move on.

AndrewP6
25-05-2013, 06:18 PM
So in your opinion at what age should someone be given advice and education about treating people with respect? I think if she is capable of going to the footy with minimal supervision then she is long overdue for a chat about respect and how to express herself.

She simply hasn't learned any better.

From day one really...my point was, she's a kid who made a blue. This whole thing has been way overdone.

AndrewP6
25-05-2013, 06:19 PM
I wonder if there would as much sympathy if it was a 13 year old boy.

Either way she has apologised now so time to move on.

Exactly right.

bulldogtragic
26-05-2013, 03:06 PM
Go Suns!!

whythelongface
26-05-2013, 03:08 PM
Maybe our effort against the Gold Coast wasn't so bad considering they are currently 11 points up deep into the 2nd against Hawthorn and playing very well away from home.

Eastdog
26-05-2013, 03:29 PM
Maybe our effort against the Gold Coast wasn't so bad considering they are currently 11 points up deep into the 2nd against Hawthorn and playing very well away from home.

Hawthorn should still win but the Gold Coast have definitely come a long way since starting in the AFL and are doing well. GWS on the other hand has gone backwards this year and I heard the crowd at their home game yesterday against West Coast was poor with only around 6,000 turning up. It was always going to be hard for GWS to get the support especially as they are based in the NRL heartland of Western Sydney.

azabob
26-05-2013, 03:31 PM
Hawthorn should still win but the Gold Coast have definitely come a long way since starting in the AFL. GWS has gone backwards this year and I heard the crowd at their home game yesterday was poor with only around 6,000 turning up. It was always going to be hard for GWS to get the support especially as they are based in NRL heartland of Western Sydney.

GWS have gone backwards on paper but in the overall scheme of things I am not sure they have.

This time last year we were saying how bad gold coast were and that GWS have overtaken them etc.

I have a feeling GWS will be a different proposition in year 3, just like gold coast are this year.

Eastdog
26-05-2013, 03:36 PM
GWS have gone backwards on paper but in the overall scheme of things I am not sure they have.

This time last year we were saying how bad gold coast were and that GWS have overtaken them etc.

I have a feeling GWS will be a different proposition in year 3, just like gold coast are this year.

Good point azabob. GWS came in 1 year after GC and GC for 2 years were ordinary so maybe next year you'll see signs of improvement. What do you think of Sheedy as coach?

bulldogtragic
26-05-2013, 03:59 PM
Suns look shot, decent first half. They obviously still need o put 4 qtrs together against the very, very good sides. Good effort none the less.

Eastdog
26-05-2013, 04:05 PM
Suns look shot, decent first half. They obviously still need o put 4 qtrs together against the very, very good sides. Good effort none the less.

The Suns have done very well in beating the teams around them. Hawthorn is a huge challenge for a young team like the Suns but they have battled hard against last year's grand finalists. How is Ablett and Franklin doing?

Eastdog
26-05-2013, 05:27 PM
Crows are coming at the Kangaroos.

Greystache
26-05-2013, 06:03 PM
Rule of the week must be holding marks for longer before they'll be paid. Both games last night and all 3 today are having marks called play on when they were paid last week.

Eastdog
26-05-2013, 06:23 PM
Freo are going to win by close to 200 at this rate.

Ghost Dog
26-05-2013, 06:58 PM
I see Waterhouse has a lose-by-a-goal and money back deal. Might be very handy if I ever bet on the Kangaroos mwahahahahaha

5 goals in 40 minutes!!!

bulldogtragic
26-05-2013, 07:03 PM
I see Waterhouse has a lose-by-a-goal and money back deal. Might be very handy if I ever bet on the Kangaroos mwahahahahaha

5 goals in 40 minutes!!!
Can't stop my giggling.

Greystache
Poor Norf, I wonder what Brad Scott's excuse will be this week. On a positive note he has 5 years left on his contract despite being 3 and 6 :D

LostDoggy
heat might be on Norf this week :)

bulldogtragic
26-05-2013, 07:05 PM
heat might be on Norf this week :)
No..... It's character building :)

G-Mo77
26-05-2013, 07:06 PM
Norf. Haha haha ha ha ha ha

chef
26-05-2013, 07:16 PM
Interesting to see Kerridge kicking 6, could nearly have been a Dog.

LostDoggy
26-05-2013, 07:37 PM
No..... It's character building :)

Must have character in abundance over there then. Damn I love seeing the Kray brothers lose and the bottom lip drops.

westdog54
26-05-2013, 07:42 PM
Every week it seems North find a different way to lose a game of football. Boggles the mind.

Piss funny though.:D

ReLoad
26-05-2013, 08:00 PM
The karma bus ran over Norf last week, this week it reversed back over them again.

Remi Moses
26-05-2013, 08:21 PM
Haven't seen hardly any footy today, but had a chuckle at Norf's new way of losing.
Just wondering what excuse Scott has this week

Maddog37
26-05-2013, 09:18 PM
If Hawks had of lost it would have been my perfect week. Norf lose in the last minute, we beat the saints with one blonde diver having a sleep and Pies getting pumped.

Ghost Dog
26-05-2013, 10:27 PM
The karma bus ran over Norf last week, this week it reversed back over them again.

Laughed out loud at this one. Far out I do not envy those boys on the track this week. Scott is going to make them drag tractor tyres around an oval until they throw up.

Check out the press conference. Even Mark Neeld has never been so unflattering about his own team.
" Abysmal, Diabolocal "

Eastdog
26-05-2013, 10:29 PM
Laughed out loud at this one. Far out I do not envy those boys on the track this week. Scott is going to make them drag tractor tyres around an oval until they trow up.

This week now for us will be good as the media won't come to us because we lost again.

Sedat
26-05-2013, 10:48 PM
That look of equal parts exasperation and resignation on Brad Scott's face in the Norf coaches box never fails to amuse me with each passing week.

Ghost Dog
26-05-2013, 11:38 PM
Mark Neeld has gone from exasperation, and resignation to trying to appease the media pack through a stammering, cajoling ramble. Wishes we had time outs in AFL. What is the man thinking!