PDA

View Full Version : Match Committee - Round 10 vs Port Power

GVGjr
25-05-2013, 07:32 PM
If you were on the match committee what changes would you make for next week's game against The Port Power at TIO Stadium in the NT?

As always a brief explanation for you changes would be appreciated.

GVGjr
25-05-2013, 08:26 PM
Do we change a winning team?

chef
25-05-2013, 08:41 PM
No change for me.

GVGjr
25-05-2013, 08:56 PM
I think I would look to drop Stringer for Wallis or Tutt.

Greasy conditions will suit the extra ground level player and I think String Theory needs a good break to set himself for the 2nd half of the season.

Go_Dogs
25-05-2013, 09:27 PM

Greasy conditions will suit the extra ground level player and I think String Theory needs a good break to set himself for the 2nd half of the season.

I don't mind that suggestion at all. I perhaps think Wallis would handle the conditions a bit better than Tutt but it seems both mounted reasonable cases at Willy today.

azabob
25-05-2013, 09:31 PM
Out - Stringer

In - Tutt

The Pie Man
25-05-2013, 09:34 PM
In: Hunter
Out: Stringer

Tend to agree with GVG that Jake may need a rest (though a run in the NT will help him shed any unwanted skin folds...)

Forward for forward - time to have a look at another kid who from reports is in form

GVGjr
25-05-2013, 09:34 PM
Out - Stringer

In - Tutt

What is your theory behind the change?

Greystache
25-05-2013, 09:39 PM

We've got the bye the week after I'm not sure a rest will make a big difference. I can understand going shorter but I think Stringer can have an impact in wet conditions.

For me no change.

We really could do with a half back with good kicking skills, we just don't have one to bring in Unfortunately.

azabob
25-05-2013, 09:41 PM
What is the theory behind the change?

Mainly due to next weeks location. Stringer will be spent very early next week fitness wise.

I thought our balance of inside V outside was just about spot on.

Tutt offers run and carry, ideally it would be Cooney to come back in.

boydogs
25-05-2013, 10:58 PM

The heat and the greasiness probably calls for a mosquito fleet setup, but I wouldn't be resting Stringer just to conserve him for later, I would play him as much as possible so he can improve to the fitness level that is required

In: Hunter
Out: Stringer

westbulldog
25-05-2013, 11:38 PM
Out Jones
In Wallis

whythelongface
25-05-2013, 11:51 PM
Out: Stringer, Jones
In: Wallis, Grant

Think that the conditions won't suit Jones, therefore I would replace him with Grant who has played ok in Darwin before (and kicked 4 goals today - no idea how he played or where he played but will assume he played ok).

lemmon
26-05-2013, 01:19 AM
Out:
Stringer- Best 22 but he looks fatigued. Has played a heap of footy early and Darwin is a tough trip, hot and humid while any slipperiness will be dangerous for the leg. Give him 2 weeks to get fresh and ready for the run home
Macrae- Has played more footy than we all imagined I dare say, was excellent today but I would hate to blow him up. Its a good time for a rest I think, has had his first win now and its a great time for some time off heading into the bye.

In:
Grant- Tallish forward for tallish forward. Say what you want about him but I think the least he deserves is enough rope to hang or save himself with
Wallis- Best 22, has done enough penance and will come in fresh and raring I dare say.

Not the changes we want to see because its a pleasure watching the future but I think for the season going forward the best thing for them would be some RnR

comrade
26-05-2013, 02:19 AM
Out: Jones
In: Grant

Let Jonesy freshen up for a few weeks and come out firing after the bye. The conditions this week don't suit him at all whereas Grant's clean hands have been on show in Darwin before.

I'd love to squeeze Wallis in too as I think the conditions will suit him but not sure who misses out. Maybe Macrae or Hrovat?

I'd give Stringer another run before the bye.

Rocco Jones
26-05-2013, 02:22 PM
I'd keep Jones and Stringer in. Perhaps they won't be in our best 22 to win in Darwin but development comes first.

I think we just have to keep on playing Jones unless his attitude is poor on the track (don't know either way).

Stringer can play as a sub, we also have the bye the week after, so he can rest then.

The Pie Man
30-05-2013, 04:55 PM
Gee we gave up caring about this thread pretty early!! That must be a record

So Boyd's out, who was good last week so will be a loss - I'd back Wallis in as opposed to Cross. Thoughts?

chef
30-05-2013, 04:59 PM
Got to be Wallis to replace him.

Nuggety Back Pocket
30-05-2013, 05:47 PM

I would retain Stringer as our marking options up forward are thin. I wouldn't mind giving Libba who has been labouring in recent weeks a spell and bring Wallis in.

lemmon
30-05-2013, 07:28 PM
In- Wallis, Talia
Out- Boyd, Young

SlimPickens
30-05-2013, 07:32 PM
In- Wallis, Talia
Out- Boyd, Young

Too be expected with the outs in mind. Looking forward to seeing Talia go about his work.

lemmon
30-05-2013, 07:38 PM
Too be expected with the outs in mind. Looking forward to seeing Talia go about his work.

I like the change, he's one guy we have to get games into. Has the pedigree to be a key player in a spot we need.

Remi Moses
30-05-2013, 07:46 PM
Like the changes. Looked at the bigger picture in Wallis and Talia

chef
30-05-2013, 07:47 PM
Like the changes. Looked at the bigger picture in Wallis and Talia

Yep, same here.

Templeton31
30-05-2013, 07:52 PM
I think Young has been terrific this year. Way above expectations and a player of the future but he has been looking a little tired last few weeks.

lemmon
30-05-2013, 08:14 PM
I think Young has been terrific this year. Way above expectations and a player of the future but he has been looking a little tired last few weeks.

I don't see a reason we cant play both Talia and Young in the future. Talia as a shut down back on the big guys and Young as the sweeper who is more suited to the smaller, more mobile forwards. With JJ pretty much cemented I'd have Young competing with Goodes for a spot

bornadog
30-05-2013, 08:25 PM
In- Wallis, Talia
Out- Boyd, Young

From VFL report:

Mitch Wallis: Inside mid all day, racked up about 36 possessions and 10 clearances, so he had a very big day in that respect. Mitch will be pressing for senior selection again if he keeps doing the right things.

Michael Talia: Talia is in good form at the moment. Defending well and getting quite a bit of the ball, considering it was such a one sided game. He rebounded well out of the back 50 and his run from behind was excellent and he used the ball well.

Both Boyd and Young with a calf injury.

bulldogtragic
30-05-2013, 09:41 PM
I don't see a reason we cant play both Talia and Young in the future. Talia as a shut down back on the big guys and Young as the sweeper who is more suited to the smaller, more mobile forwards. With JJ pretty much cemented I'd have Young competing with Goodes for a spot
Good call Lem. I see Talia being pivotal for us going forward.

MrMahatma
31-05-2013, 09:23 AM
Avg games played would be low this week. No Cooney, Boyd and Cross.

The Pie Man
31-05-2013, 12:13 PM
Avg games played would be low this week. No Cooney, Boyd and Cross.

The midfield in particular is frighteningly young - good!