PDA

View Full Version : Tune in to SEN now

wimberga
26-05-2013, 11:29 AM
The boys on SEN are about to dissect our game yesterday. tune in.

http://www.sen.com.au/mediaplayer

Mofra
26-05-2013, 11:33 AM
Cheers, thanks for the link.

Twodogs
26-05-2013, 11:35 AM
You bewdy. Cam Ling is pretty much masturbating over Geelong on AFL Game on chanel 7 ATM so it's time for radio with the telly muted. :D

Good one Wimberga-thanks for the heads up.

Maddog37
26-05-2013, 11:45 AM
Complaining about Saints fitness levels. Unable to finish off games and blaming the fitness staff.

Go_Dogs
26-05-2013, 11:53 AM
Complaining about Saints fitness levels. Unable to finish off games and blaming the fitness staff.

Very interesting to hear that.

wimberga
26-05-2013, 11:57 AM
Quick bullet points on what was said:

• Great to win 2nd game in 19, especially against Dogs nemesis Saints. Noted there was a bit of niggle in the game and that the young Dogs had had enough of this.
• Rebuild is a balance between senior leaders and youth and last night, we started to get that mix right.
• Finey has been a strong commentator on the playing standard of our senior players but liked the hard calls we made with Gia as sub and Cross omitted. Liked our mix last night and it was guys like Hrovat, Macrae, Stevens really standing up. Mentioned that it was a brave move from McCartney to play Gia sub & omit Cross given that we had already lost Cooney, saying the "easy" thing to do would have been to play both of those.
• Tom Williams offered a bit in the first half and added a bit to our team
• Dylan Addison played a great forward role. Really been a first man out type of player who is unpolished but just trys and trys and last night got a good return.
• Jones wore Griffen like a glove, did everything he could but by the end of the game, it was like Griffen had just thrown the glove off and played free.
• 50m penalties were just atrocious last night. After the 50m penalty to Griff when Jones didn’t pass the ball back, St Kilda got the next 8 free kicks. The wrestle where Griffen got Jones in the head and st Kilda won a 50m was a howler.
• McEvoy playing a brilliant year but Minson well and truly got hold of him last night and was the best ruck on the ground. Showed him how to do it.
• McCartney’s use of Gia as the sub was fantastic timing but it was very brave to leave Jones out there. Not completely sure it was luck or magic or what, but acknowledged it was brave given Jones had had just 1 ineffective possession for the game at that point.
• Jason Johanissen was great coming out of the back half and St Kilda would have killed for him last night.
• Also commented on St Kilda's inability to run out games all year and thinks that their fitness coach (ex doggies Fitness Coach) needs to answer some questions.

bornadog
26-05-2013, 12:27 PM
Thank you Wimberga, missed this.

• 50m penalties were just atrocious last night. After the 50m penalty to Griff when Jones didn’t pass the ball back,

The 50m was deserved, Jones took along time to give the ball back and then he didn't pass it properly.

Mentioned that it was a brave move from McCartney to play Gia sub.

I would play Gia sub every week from now on.

always right
26-05-2013, 01:26 PM
The 50m was deserved, Jones took along time to give the ball back and then he didn't pass it properly.

We would have been screaming if that 50 was paid against us. It was a shocker.....but I loved it:D. The umpires gave us a bad run in the first half but we had it our way in the second half....thank Christ.

wimberga
26-05-2013, 01:32 PM
We would have been screaming if that 50 was paid against us. It was a shocker.....but I loved it:D. The umpires gave us a bad run in the first half but we had it our way in the second half....thank Christ.

Jones definitely took far too long to give the ball back so the 50m was deserved. However, I believe the umpire paid it for Jones not throwing it back to Griff's clumsy dinosaur arms, which probably shouldnt have been a 50m.

In the end, the right result was found.

GVGjr
26-05-2013, 01:43 PM

Probably a bit rough on him because he's been pretty good.
I can see him being used more in this role though for the balance of the season.

It's OK to use the youngsters there occasionally.

GVGjr
26-05-2013, 01:55 PM
The TAC future stars show today at 1pm will will have Hrovat and Macrae. Tune in if you get the chance.

GVGjr
26-05-2013, 02:49 PM
Both of the talked impressively. I think Brendan McCartney gets a bit of a whack because he often talks about the character of younger guys and makes mention of them being 'good young men' but these two just seem to be the sort of guys you want at a club.

SlimPickens
26-05-2013, 03:30 PM

He offered us plenty when the speed had gone out of the game.

Go_Dogs
26-05-2013, 03:45 PM
Both of the talked impressively. I think Brendan McCartney gets a bit of a whack because he often talks about the character of younger guys and makes mention of them being 'good young men' but these two just seem to be the sort of guys you want at a club.

Agreed. Driven, confident, hard working and articulate. Good young men is a great description and I'm very happy to continue to add more young men with the same character traits.