PDA

View Full Version : JJ love

Ghost Dog
26-05-2013, 02:57 PM
Perhaps not very best on ground, but relative to development, I thought JJ was a key playmaker yesterday and absolutely amazing. You have to hand it to someone so young. His kicking accuracy was extraordinary, and his guts in taking the game on outstanding.
Thanks for the game yesterday JJ. We are a much more ordinary team without you.

bornadog
26-05-2013, 03:00 PM
I think he is better than Harbrow. He has poise, his kicking is better and run and carry is excellent.

GVGjr
26-05-2013, 03:02 PM
He's very good running straight down the ground with his kicking skills.

I talked to Dalrymple at one of the Player Sponsors nights and I could tell he thought he was a player that could really develop. Another Rookie list success story. I think Dalrymple was quite chuffed at his development and could see a bright future for him.

whythelongface
26-05-2013, 03:12 PM
He is terrific. Where did he play his junior footy at? How did we manage to pick him up as a rookie? Any reason he had been completely overlooked by other clubs?

bornadog
26-05-2013, 03:17 PM
He is terrific. Where did he play his junior footy at? How did we manage to pick him up as a rookie? Any reason he had been completely overlooked by other clubs?

According to his bio played at Willetton juniors then East Fremantle. Willetton juniors boast some very good players in the past who have made it to AFL Level. see here (http://www.willettonjfc.com.au/)

bulldogtragic
26-05-2013, 03:18 PM
I think he is better than Harbrow. He has poise, his kicking is better and run and carry is excellent.
Big call BAD. I think he has the potential to be better, but JH is a gun.

hujsh
26-05-2013, 04:02 PM

I would probably prefer JJ if he had to hit up a target. I definitely feel safer with the ball in his hands than I did with Harbrow, which is good in a defensive player.

Ghost Dog
26-05-2013, 04:07 PM
Agree. JJ has a better, more precise, kicking style. With JH it was always like a ping pong ball coming out of the backline.

Maddog37
26-05-2013, 05:23 PM
He was very small when we picked him. Looks to have grown a fair bit taller which may have impacted on his drafting.

chef
26-05-2013, 06:11 PM

This. Not as good as Jarrod, yet. Harbrow is a gun.

The Bulldogs Bite
26-05-2013, 06:14 PM

Harbrow was kamikaze, but JJ is very composed with the ball in hand. He creates space for himself by using his pace, but steadies before delivering it by foot/hand.

No secret I've been one of his biggest fans for a while, glad to see the progression he's making.

azabob
26-05-2013, 06:15 PM
This. Not as good as Jarrod, yet. Harbrow is a gun.

Has JH improved his defensive one on one work?

GVGjr
26-05-2013, 06:15 PM
Agree. JJ has a better, more precise, kicking style. With JH it was always like a ping pong ball coming out of the backline.

Harbrow was terrific at the lateral switch but wasn't quite as effective when he had to be direct.

Johannisen will continue to improve and might end up moving further up the ground. He's not a bad goal kicker when the chance arises.

chef
26-05-2013, 06:17 PM
Has JH improved his defensive one on one work?

Only problem I thought he had/has was been out marked with his height being a disadvantage. One on one he's been pretty good to me.

w3design
26-05-2013, 06:55 PM
As some here have said JJ continues to improve his game, and I think, still has plenty of upside. As our side gets better, I am sure he will too.

I always enjoyed watching JH play, even if you did have your heart in your mouth some times, and am still disappointed we lost him.

JJ is clearly a better and more reliable kick, but I think Harbrow has it over him for sheer acceleration. Not necessarily top speed or sustained pace, but Jarrad is absolutely electric over the first few metres.

hoppus25
26-05-2013, 08:33 PM
I met JJ and Jayden Schofield (:() while walking to Etihad when they were first drafted, they were being taken there by their manager for the first time. From what I can recall he was much smaller than he is now. Great to see him come on so well, and hopefully he sticks with us, as I believe he will be very important to our backline for years to come.