PDA

View Full Version : Your favorite play from yesterday?

Ghost Dog
26-05-2013, 06:47 PM
Murph's candy sale and pump for goal.
Koby Steven's king hit in disguise of a spoil.
Liam Picken's last round knock out.
Dylan Addison taking on three blokes to win a free.
Liam Jone's wrestle of player and ball, controlling both with incredible skill.

What was your favorite play of yesterday? Enjoy now, it will fade into the season soon enough!

bulldogtragic
26-05-2013, 06:58 PM
Murph's candy sale and pump for goal.
Liam Picken's last round knock out.
Dylan Addison taking on three blokes to win a free.

What was your favorite play of yesterday? Enjoy now, it will fade into the season soon enough!
Kobes attempted murder :)

Unsociable footy at its best, we could do with a lot more of it.

Maddog37
26-05-2013, 06:58 PM
Definitely Picken introducing himself to Revolt in the last minute.

EasternWest
26-05-2013, 07:15 PM

Thirded for Stevens smashing Dempster fairly. My kind of play.

chef
26-05-2013, 07:17 PM
Murph for me.

bulldogsfight
26-05-2013, 08:17 PM
Picken

comrade
26-05-2013, 08:21 PM
I enjoyed Koby's candy selling.

Koby 'Candy Man' Stevens has a nice ring to it.

F'scary
26-05-2013, 09:26 PM
Picken: good to see him using his head for once.

Scorlibo
26-05-2013, 09:42 PM

Skill? Can't tell whether this is a joke? After out-bodying third gamer 78kg Jimmy Webster he unsurprisingly had the ball bounce off his rigid mitt and was lucky the ball hit his knee on the way down!:D Don't get me wrong it was a big moment in the context of the game but more arse than class I think.

Best moment for me would have to be Murph just waltzing through the centre, doing as he pleases. He's such a joy to watch - truly one of the most talented players I've seen, AFL wide.

wimberga
26-05-2013, 09:45 PM

Was at the game but must have missed this?

Can anyone provide a nice play-by-play description of what happened?

EasternWest
26-05-2013, 09:49 PM
Kick to Koby about 45 out directly in front. Dempster dropped into the hole to cut it off. Stevens knew he couldn't mark it so he killed it and creamed Dempster in the process. Third quarter I think.

LostDoggy
26-05-2013, 09:58 PM

Skill? Can't tell whether this is a joke? After out-bodying third gamer 78kg Jimmy Webster he unsurprisingly had the ball bounce off his rigid mitt and was lucky the ball hit his knee on the way down!:D Don't get me wrong it was a big moment in the context of the game but more arse than class I think.

I was thinking the same. He sort of got his right foot caught under him which caused his knee to be in the right place at the right time. I remember thinking the football gods are smiling down on us today. I don't think he even had his eyes open.

Ghost Dog
26-05-2013, 10:06 PM
I was thinking the same. He sort of got his right foot caught under him which caused his knee to be in the right place at the right time. I remember thinking the football gods are smiling down on us today. I don't think he even had his eyes open.

You gotta be in it to win it. He protected the ball drop. Sometimes that's all you have to do.

Scraggers
26-05-2013, 10:10 PM
Goodes' first goal in AFL footy ... Pivotal point of the game; dragging two sainters along as he snapped it !!

Scraggers
26-05-2013, 10:10 PM
Then Reiwoldt showing us his Calvins

Greystache
26-05-2013, 10:29 PM
Addison's mark and goal at the top of the goal Square in the last quarter. When he kicked that I knew we were home.

EasternWest
26-05-2013, 10:31 PM
Addison's mark and goal at the top of the goal Square in the last quarter. When he kicked that I knew we were home.

After getting his first kick smothered, that was such a great kick by Gia to get it to him, and smart by Addison to drop back like that.

GVGjr
26-05-2013, 10:36 PM
The Morris spoil that saved a goal.

always right
26-05-2013, 10:43 PM
Minson and Boyd's celebration after the siren.

Sedat
26-05-2013, 10:51 PM
The Morris spoil that saved a goal.
Great nomination.

Loved Bob's goal but especially the lead-up play through the corridor between Hrovat, Stevens and Griff. A number of tough balls were won and great composure was shown to keep possession and free up Bob to do what he does best.

Ghost Dog
26-05-2013, 11:07 PM

Best moment for me would have to be Murph just waltzing through the centre, doing as he pleases. He's such a joy to watch - truly one of the most talented players I've seen, AFL wide.

Yes, skill. He read it well. Here's the link.

http://www.afl.com.au/video/smart-replay/?round=CD_R201301409&match=CD_M20130140904&eventType=contestedMark&seek=6776&videoQuality=med

Used his body well to side bump the other bloke, protected the ball drop. That's a good grab, and what he should do as a key forward. What's not to like? We badly needed that goal at that stage.
This time last year he was shanking those.

The Bulldogs Bite
26-05-2013, 11:45 PM
Plenty of good moments.

Murph's goal oozed elite class, and in that same passage of play Hrovat was very good too.

Morris' remarkable goal saving spoil, as GVG pointed out.

Stevens' huge and fair hit was probably my highlight. His run down tackle was also very good.

Not taking crap from the Saints players deserves a mention. It felt like we were sick of being bullied by St. Kilda and really made a point of taking it up to them physically and mentally. Extremely pleasing to see -- it's been a weakness of ours for a long time.

westbulldog
26-05-2013, 11:52 PM
Addison's first quarter - he conclusively set the standard for the day.

Scorlibo
27-05-2013, 12:20 AM
Yes, skill. He read it well. Here's the link.

http://www.afl.com.au/video/smart-replay/?round=CD_R201301409&match=CD_M20130140904&eventType=contestedMark&seek=6776&videoQuality=med

Used his body well to side bump the other bloke, protected the ball drop. That's a good grab, and what he should do as a key forward. What's not to like? We badly needed that goal at that stage.
This time last year he was shanking those.

We'll have to agree to disagree. Put it this way: if he hadn't have taken the mark there, I would have been very disappointed. In a one on one against an undersized and inexperienced opponent, with space to work with, he has to take those, and he nearly didn't (but he did and of course he deserves credit for keeping his cool and kicking the goal).

G-Mo77
27-05-2013, 01:30 AM
Would have had to have been Bob's goal.

I've gotta admit seeing the Saints fans leaving just before the siren put a big smile on their face. Apparently it wasn't a bad turnout for their supporters so I'm told, all would have been expecting a win.

Ghost Dog
27-05-2013, 09:20 AM
A great collection of moments was watching Addison kicking goals. For someone maligned as a being without skills, he certainly is a reliable kick.

SlimPickens
27-05-2013, 10:14 AM
A great collection of moments was watching Addison kicking goals. For someone maligned as a being without skills, he certainly is a reliable kick.

Yep he did great. Still not sure why he passed the first shot of the game.

Dahls holding the ball late on our goal line. Could have rushed it and let st kilda have the ball but took up valuable seconds maintaining possession really smart footy.

Jones tap to Gia, Gia kicking the goal

Stevens spoil...loved it.

KT31
27-05-2013, 10:32 AM
Murph's goal and Hrovat's game on debut for me.

lemmon
27-05-2013, 11:09 AM
Macrae's holding the ball tackle on Milne after he had been caught himself a while earlier

LostDoggy
27-05-2013, 01:51 PM
There was a huge contest with about 7-8 minutes left when we were down by a couple of points.

Dal Santo and Libba went for the loose ball in the middle of the ground. Libba just went lower, harder and wanted it so much more. Even though Dal Santo had a much better position. Resulted in a goal.

wimberga
27-05-2013, 08:39 PM
You guys must mean tough play number 3:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E1mX119p7VY

Now THAT is what I like to see from our players.

Sorry dont know how to embed.

bulldogtragic
27-05-2013, 08:44 PM
You guys must mean tough play number 3:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E1mX119p7VY

Now THAT is what I like to see from our players.

Sorry dont know how to embed.
Yep. The video doesn't show the Anita's player down for 30 seconds. Great hit!

AndrewP6
28-05-2013, 08:18 PM
Murph's terrific run and goal. That's what makes it a fun game to watch. Also quite enjoyed when Diver got cleaned up.

Lateniter
28-05-2013, 09:00 PM
Murphy's candy goal was good, but so was his earlier run down the ground with a couple
of bounces to hit Griffen on the lead after receiving a mongrel pass.
I also loved the way Lower started a blue before the first bounce. That set the tone for the rest of the game.

jeemak
28-05-2013, 10:59 PM
We'll have to agree to disagree. Put it this way: if he hadn't have taken the mark there, I would have been very disappointed. In a one on one against an undersized and inexperienced opponent, with space to work with, he has to take those, and he nearly didn't (but he did and of course he deserves credit for keeping his cool and kicking the goal).

Well, the stats say he took a contested mark :p. Probably no point in surrounding it with context I suppose.

Bulldog4life
29-05-2013, 03:17 PM
Murph's goal and Hrovat's game on debut for me.

Have to agree with this too. Murph's effortless run seemed to be in slow motion he was so much in control of the situation. I always love to see a the youngsters debut games. Nathan's was a beauty.

ratsmac
29-05-2013, 07:15 PM
Have to agree with this too. Murph's effortless run seemed to be in slow motion he was so much in control of the situation. I always love to see a the youngsters debut games. Nathan's was a beauty.

This for me too. The goal was brilliant but for me it was Hrovat standing up in the tackle to get the ball to Griffen and then to have the endeavour to keep running to receive it back off Griffen before releasing Murphy.

Loved it.

SlimPickens
29-05-2013, 07:18 PM
Well, the stats say he took a contested mark :p. Probably no point in surrounding it with context I suppose.

Would have increased his Supercoach points nicely. ;)

Scorlibo
30-05-2013, 11:15 AM

Would have increased his Supercoach points nicely. ;)

Cheap shots. If you want to talk stats with me, go to the thread I started in 'AFL Talk' and we can have a real discussion.

LostDoggy
30-05-2013, 01:11 PM
Nick lower before the first bounce taking 4 of them. Players reactions after the win

Twodogs
30-05-2013, 02:58 PM
Lower getting stuck in before the first bounce. He's got a severely punchable head and he makes the most of it-that smartarse smile drives opposition players crazy. We havent had a decent sledger since Scotty West retired.

bornadog
30-05-2013, 02:59 PM
Lower getting stuck in before the first bounce. He's got a severely punchable head and he makes the most of it-that smartarse smile drives opposition players crazy. We havent had a decent sledger since Scotty West retired.

Huddo?

Twodogs
30-05-2013, 03:11 PM
Huddo?

Oops. I forgot Huddo and his vocal abilities. It's kind of different though because only a real lunatic would try and thump Huddo but Lower is going to get a lot of frees because his target has tried to wipe that smile off his face.

bulldogtragic
30-05-2013, 03:29 PM
Young Schofield was very amusing while he lasted.

bornadog
30-05-2013, 03:30 PM
Young Schofield was very amusing while he lasted.

Yeah shame he went back home, I thought he could have been a Ballantyne type for us.

bulldogtragic
30-05-2013, 03:37 PM
Yeah shame he went back home, I thought he could have been a Ballantyne type for us.
Yeah just found these quotes on the google machine:

In a preseason match he told John Anthony "no wonder Collingwood f**ked you off, you are shit". Playing against fev in the vfl he sledged him saying "you are a fat loser with no wife and no life".

:) :) :) :) :)

Shame, I wanted to see more, like most of us.

bornadog
30-05-2013, 03:56 PM
Yeah just found these quotes on the google machine:

In a preseason match he told John Anthony "no wonder Collingwood f**ked you off, you are shit". Playing against fev in the vfl he sledged him saying "you are a fat loser with no wife and no life".

:) :) :) :) :)

Shame, I wanted to see more, like most of us.

I wonder if Macca would have put up with him?

bulldogtragic
30-05-2013, 04:02 PM
I wonder if Macca would have put up with him?
I'd hope Macca would have something resembling a sense of humour. But that's inconsequential now, a raw talent that just threw away a career. But at least he gave us a giggle while he was here.

bornadog
30-05-2013, 05:07 PM
I'd hope Macca would have something resembling a sense of humour. But that's inconsequential now, a raw talent that just threw away a career. But at least he gave us a giggle while he was here.

Yes I will never forget him giving Tippett a mouthful. This little bloke looking up at the tallest player on the ground and really giving it to him :D

bulldogtragic
30-05-2013, 05:33 PM
Yes I will never forget him giving Tippett a mouthful. This little bloke looking up at the tallest player on the ground and really giving it to him :D
I had a giggle at that too. Good times.

I wonder if he ever got his sh*t together whether we could get him back like Collingwood got Clarke back when he wanted out, and then wanted back in. I think we wouldnt mind his talented indigenous friend too :)