PDA

View Full Version : Bring back the hoop socks

bornadog
28-05-2013, 10:44 PM
Based on FDOTM cartoon this week, I agree bring back the hoop socks, they look fantastic.

http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa198/mmsalih/scanho8.jpg (http://s202.photobucket.com/user/mmsalih/media/scanho8.jpg.html)

Bulldog4life
29-05-2013, 12:33 PM
Those were the days. Love the hoop socks.

gohardorgohome
29-05-2013, 01:51 PM
Good call. I really like the retro look there.

SlimPickens
29-05-2013, 02:24 PM
How many of our players pull their socks up?

Big Will, any others?

Think they look good but they're hardly on display anymore.

Dancin' Douggy
29-05-2013, 02:28 PM
Bring 'em back. They look sharp.

Cyberdoggie
29-05-2013, 02:40 PM
I agree, not sure why they didn't when they changed over.

Not that you can really see them that well as most players pull them down but 54 style Hooped socks would look great.

Also they kind of use them on the away kits, why not the blue?

F'scary
29-05-2013, 06:01 PM
Good call. They look footy. So does the bloke modelling them in the photo.

AndrewP6
29-05-2013, 07:07 PM
I can honestly say I never notice the players' socks.

firstdogonthemoon
29-05-2013, 07:15 PM
Have to give credit to coon dog for this one. He mentioned it to me the other day and I thought it was a great idea.

Eastdog
29-05-2013, 07:20 PM

Me either.

Ghost Dog
29-05-2013, 07:20 PM
Have to give credit to coon dog for this one. He mentioned it to me the other day and I thought it was a great idea.

Could generate some sales! Hoop socks. Stockings if you want them. $$

Webby
29-05-2013, 09:39 PM
The hoop socks will be back next season. Apparently there was a bit of an issue with the merchandisers when we switched back from the Robodog guernsey last year. Basically they were left with large amounts of redundant stock. Thus the one year delay on changing the socks. There was a similar issue with the new club logo - which is also ready to go. Simply allowing the retailers some notice to run down stock and not be caught out. Many of them were sh1tty with the short notice on the guernsey.. If you look at the red away socks, they're hooped. The blue home socks will follow suit... I always wondered as a kid why on earth the club changed the jumper at all in the 1970's.. To me the EJ era uniform was perfection.

westdog54
29-05-2013, 11:02 PM
It all sounds good but as has already been said so few players wear their socks up these days that the design of them basically becomes irrelevant.

Cyberdoggie
29-05-2013, 11:14 PM
It all sounds good but as has already been said so few players wear their socks up these days that the design of them basically becomes irrelevant.

Maybe they will start wearing them up when they see how good the hooped socks are.

At least Wilbur will look good as well as the team photo.

Ghost Dog
29-05-2013, 11:16 PM
The hoop socks will be back next season. Apparently there was a bit of an issue with the merchandisers when we switched back from the Robodog guernsey last year. Basically they were left with large amounts of redundant stock. Thus the one year delay on changing the socks. There was a similar issue with the new club logo - which is also ready to go. Simply allowing the retailers some notice to run down stock and not be caught out. Many of them were sh1tty with the short notice on the guernsey.. If you look at the red away socks, they're hooped. The blue home socks will follow suit... I always wondered as a kid why on earth the club changed the jumper at all in the 1970's.. To me the EJ era uniform was perfection.

Agreed
Some of the newer AFL jumpers are so poorly designed they make my eyes hurt. Hilarious watching Essendon run around in grey.

LostDoggy
30-05-2013, 12:49 PM
Agreed
Some of the newer AFL jumpers are so poorly designed they make my eyes hurt. Hilarious watching Essendon run around in grey.

Wasn't that just due to extreme pressure from fans not to change their guernsey though?

WBFC4FFC
30-05-2013, 06:29 PM
Look forward to seeing the socks again.

Hope the logo is based off the retro one they wear in the Hall of Fame games.

MrMahatma
30-05-2013, 07:06 PM
Based on FDOTM cartoon this week, I agree bring back the hoop socks, they look fantastic.

http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa198/mmsalih/scanho8.jpg (http://s202.photobucket.com/user/mmsalih/media/scanho8.jpg.html)
We should never, ever, ever change away from this (once the socks are back).

Just awesome.

Scraggers
31-05-2013, 10:43 AM
We should never, ever, ever change away from this (once the socks are back).

Just awesome.

We need the collared jumper ... that red collar makes the whole ensemble !!!

Bulldog4life
31-05-2013, 04:50 PM
We need the collared jumper ... that red collar makes the whole ensemble !!!

Yes...although on the other hand more jumper for the opposition to grab.

LostDoggy
04-06-2013, 09:01 AM

Interesting point. Do teams still have away shorts?? :confused: