AFL 03/06/2013, Starts 07:40PM West Coast vs Richmond Patersons Stadium
All times are listed in EST

Read more: http://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/fixtures#ixzz2UkAzLPDJ

GVGjr
30-05-2013, 07:40 PM
It's a very good round of games. Might watch a few of them

bulldogtragic
31-05-2013, 09:41 PM
Brisbane look a long way off things. Vossy must be feeling it now.

Remi Moses
31-05-2013, 11:50 PM
Terribly ordinary game . Collingwood have excellent young players coming through.They've recruited well even though they're playing finals. Brisbane are ordinary at best, and it's alright being aggressive as they were against Essendon but when your best players are sitting in the stands as a result its futile.

Remi Moses
31-05-2013, 11:52 PM
Brisbane look a long way off things. Vossy must be feeling it now.

Injuries and players suspensionswill save him for the moment. In trouble at seasons end though.

bornadog
31-05-2013, 11:56 PM
Terribly ordinary game . Collingwood have excellent young players coming through.They've recruited well even though they're playing finals. Brisbane are ordinary at best, and it's alright being aggressive as they were against Essendon but when your best players are sitting in the stands as a result its futile.

Collingwood ended up with three picks in the top 20 last year.

Go_Dogs
01-06-2013, 12:20 PM
Collingwood ended up with three picks in the top 20 last year.

Spot on - they've managed their list very well trading out picks at certain times and banking picks at others. Kennedy missed a couple of gettable goals last night, but should've really finished with 5 majors - looks a very good talent.

It's a credit to them they are able to transition so many younger players into the side and still be so competitive. It does help their senior core are guys who are, on the main, still in their prime and not quite entering the twilight of their careers yet.

On Brisbane, they had a number of players out last night. I think they're developing their list reasonably well but I'm not sure if Vossy is the man to take them to that next level. If Voss doesn't keep his job at the end of the year someone will inherit a side which should become a finals team over the next couple of years.

Remi Moses
01-06-2013, 05:51 PM
Watched Freo Crows . Very enjoyable tough old fashioned scrap.
Massive for Freo, Barlow was immense in that last term. The stink kicked up by getting Lyon seems 100 years ago. Fyfe was very good again. Howard?? Sorry folks for going there.

bornadog
01-06-2013, 06:23 PM
Watched Freo Crows . Very enjoyable tough old fashioned scrap.
Massive for Freo, Barlow was immense in that last term. The stink kicked up by getting Lyon seems 100 years ago. Fyfe was very good again. Howard?? Sorry folks for going there.

Lyon is a very good coach.

bulldogtragic
01-06-2013, 11:29 PM
Check out Abletts goal.

Freak!!!

Remi Moses
02-06-2013, 04:09 AM
Must admit I cringe when I see Ablett giving little pats on the back to ex- teammates.
All very well shaking hands after the game, but it turns into a love in with some players after a game.
Might be old school, but I hate it.

westdog54
02-06-2013, 07:29 AM
Check out Abletts goal.

Freak!!!

Will take some beating as Goal of the Year IMO.

Was shaking my head in disbelief.

lemmon
02-06-2013, 06:15 PM
North destroying the Saints, I didn't see them falling this quickly

GVGjr
02-06-2013, 06:18 PM

Most teams struggle the week after playing us ;) It must be the physical pressure we put them under.

Scraggers
02-06-2013, 06:24 PM

Pretty to watch isn't it ?? ;)

Remi Moses
02-06-2013, 06:40 PM
Don't think the mixed messages Watters has sent out as helped them.
Hardly a juggernaut as he was quoted last year.
Similar to us they're paying for some poor drafting and list management.
Don't be afraid of the Re-building word Watters

lemmon
02-06-2013, 06:45 PM
Pretty to watch isn't it ?? ;)

That it is, would prefer it wasn't North doing the flogging mind you

Ghost Dog
02-06-2013, 07:16 PM
Most teams struggle the week after playing us ;) It must be the physical pressure we put them under.

I know this was intended as a bit of a joke, but Port would have definitely woken up knowing they played a game of footy last night.

Was with a mate of mine, a pies fan, and he was really in awe of some of the hits we laid yesterday. We tackle with a ferocity that makes a mockery of those comparing us to Melbourne.

As much as I would like to attribute that to St Kilda's leather drowning today, I suspect they're just sh*fully ordinary.

GVGjr
02-06-2013, 07:23 PM
I know this was intended as a bit of a joke,
As much as I would like to attribute that to St Kilda's leather drowning today, I suspect they're just sh*fully ordinary.

Correct on both counts. The Saints are a couple of seasons behind us now.

Go_Dogs
02-06-2013, 07:36 PM
Correct on both counts. The Saints are a couple of seasons behind us now.

Similar to us, they threw everything at trying to win a flag and fell short by the smallest of margins. Some poor list management decisions along the way haven't helped but the reality their supporters and officials must now face is that it's going to be a long ride to get themselves back up.

Goddard's decision to jump ship looks very wise right now.

GVGjr
02-06-2013, 08:33 PM
It's been 15 years since Boomer Harvery has kicked 5 goals in a game. He's a star.

chef
02-06-2013, 08:42 PM
It's been 15 years since Boomer Harvery has kicked 5 goals in a game. He's a star.

Yep, a champion of the game.

Maddog37
02-06-2013, 08:47 PM
He has accomplished alot and has a wonderful CV but I always felt he played for himself more than the team.

Go_Dogs
02-06-2013, 09:19 PM
He has accomplished alot and has a wonderful CV but I always felt he played for himself more than the team.

I'm not sure about that, but there's always been something about him that has held him back from being a true superstar in my eyes. His numbers over such a long period of time do stack up really well though.

He's probably just a small way off the truly elite of the modern generation for mine, but nonetheless he's had a great career.

soupman
02-06-2013, 09:37 PM
I just have a general dislike for him. His dive in Canberaa that got Boyd reported stands out in my mind as a key reason, not to mention his frequent dirty actions which get him suspended.

westdog54
03-06-2013, 11:21 AM

He jokingly suggested during an interview on MMM last night that as soon as he has two bounces all the boys know to either shepherd or get out of his way.

Gun player though. Can only hope those comparing Hrovat to him are right. Just without the suspensions and diving and stuff.

Saints below us on the ladder. Funny stuff:D

Maddog37
03-06-2013, 03:02 PM
That last goal attempt is the perfect example. All about boomer.

No doubt if he played for us I would love him though.

Remi Moses
03-06-2013, 08:04 PM
He jokingly suggested during an interview on MMM last night that as soon as he has two bounces all the boys know to either shepherd or get out of his way.

Gun player though. Can only hope those comparing Hrovat to him are right. Just without the suspensions and diving and stuff.

Saints below us on the ladder. Funny stuff:D

Heard a Saint fan refer to us as a "Rabble" two weeks ago!
Talk about Karma.
Stkilda calling anyone a rabble is hilarious

Remi Moses
03-06-2013, 09:01 PM
I can't watch this . It looks like 36 players with the same guernsey on!
Ridiculous.

Sedat
03-06-2013, 10:45 PM
West Coke have been beyond rubbish tonight - to be frank, they've beaten nobody all season. At least their fans (and Gerard Healy) get to marvel at Nic Nat tapping it straight to the opposition at every stoppage.

bornadog
03-06-2013, 11:39 PM
Richmond needed that win to show they are a genuine chance to make the 8. I picked West Coast and missed getting 9 winners this round.

Go_Dogs
04-06-2013, 12:41 AM
Was shocked to see that result. I still rate West Coast but it must almost be time to rule a line through their season after that effort. I didn't get to see the game but Richmond must've been impressive.

Remi Moses
04-06-2013, 04:17 AM
Watched some of the game
Eagles need some pace and skill in the mids.
Tiges have recruited well since the Tambling selection in 04.
Woosha will be in strife at seasons end .

bornadog
04-06-2013, 09:42 AM
Was shocked to see that result. I still rate West Coast but it must almost be time to rule a line through their season after that effort. I didn't get to see the game but Richmond must've been impressive.

WC talls were not effective at all and Richmond really showed them up with their run out of the backline. Just goes to show you can't always go too tall in the forward line because if the ball drops to the ground, then you can be in trouble.

I still think think Rance is not the answer at Fullback. He is a good player but too short to play on the big guys like Franklin, Cloke etc. They get away with Rance, just. however, they do have a pretty good midfield with lots of options.

bulldogtragic
04-06-2013, 05:27 PM
Watched some of the game
Eagles need some pace and skill in the mids.
Tiges have recruited well since the Tambling selection in 04.
Woosha will be in strife at seasons end .
Maybe we can trade some pace for a KP??

And yes, Woosha holding out isn't looking like a great strategy is it?

chef
04-06-2013, 05:43 PM
I can't watch this . It looks like 36 players with the same guernsey on!
Ridiculous.

The AFL really has no idea when it comes to clashing colours.