PDA

View Full Version : Yyyyyyyeeeeeeeeeessssssssss (Part 2)

Scraggers
01-06-2013, 11:18 PM
Back to back !!!

Great fortnight of footy ... Toughed out another win !!!

Try wiping this smile off my face.

chef
01-06-2013, 11:19 PM
That was fantastic.

w3design
01-06-2013, 11:19 PM
Oh what a bloody relief!! I thought we were about to lose it

The Underdog
01-06-2013, 11:26 PM
Winning

LostDoggy
01-06-2013, 11:40 PM
40 touches. 20 of them contested. 'Nuff said.

bulldogtragic
01-06-2013, 11:42 PM
2 close finishes. Norf should watch us play games out :)

Eastdog
01-06-2013, 11:44 PM
Very happy going into the mid season break. Got nervous at the end there but we held firm.

Go_Dogs
01-06-2013, 11:48 PM
40 touches. 20 of them contested. 'Nuff said.

Ryan "give it to me and I'll do the rest" Griffen.

Great that we were able to tough out a win in very trying circumstances.

westdog54
02-06-2013, 07:58 AM
Back to back !!!

Great fortnight of footy ... Toughed out another win !!!

Try wiping this smile off my face.

I know its still early in the season but we seem to be running out games a hell of a lot better than what we have been, which is really pleasing and a sign of the development that we have going on at the moment.

We play Melbourne twice and GWS. On current form there's no excuse why we can't win both of those. That would give us 6 wins and an improvement on last year. If we can somehow pinch another upset from somewhere it would be a wonderful result for our playing group.

Plus, we've surpassed Damian Barrett's prediction of us only winning 2 games for the year.

comrade
02-06-2013, 08:32 AM
Plus, we've surpassed Damian Barrett's prediction of us only winning 2 games for the year.

When I heard that I knew we'd win at least 3 games this year. He has to be the worst football judge currently getting paid to do it professionally.

Ghost Dog
02-06-2013, 09:52 AM
The kids might learn the words to the song yet!

LostDoggy
02-06-2013, 09:56 AM
When I heard that I knew we'd win at least 3 games this year. He has to be the worst football judge currently getting paid to do it professionally.

My seven year old knows more about football that Barrett.

Topdog
02-06-2013, 10:04 AM
I know its still early in the season but we seem to be running out games a hell of a lot better than what we have been, which is really pleasing and a sign of the development that we have going on at the moment.

Yep thats been the biggest thing for me in the past 2 weeks

Ghost Dog
02-06-2013, 10:06 AM
Funny, in the press conference. Brendan said even the trainers were signing autographs up there. Hope there can be a few more games for the community in Darwin.

Sedat
02-06-2013, 02:21 PM
Greg Denham would just have Barrett covered, but it would be a bob-of-the-head finish between the two

hoppus25
02-06-2013, 11:35 PM
Funny, in the press conference. Brendan said even the trainers were signing autographs up there. Hope there can be a few more games for the community in Darwin.

Did you hear the Bulldogs chant going round in the last quarter? I haven't heard a Bulldogs chant in Melbourne like that since about 1998! They should really push to build a fan base up there, like North & Hawks do in Tassie.

Twodogs
03-06-2013, 08:22 AM
Greg Denham would just have Barrett covered, but it would be a bob-of-the-head finish between the two

Yep. Good point. Denham is a fair dinkum Barry Crocker. I understand that he doesnt go to more than 3 or 4 games a year. in person-I have no idea how he makes a living out of football.

Did you hear the Bulldogs chant going round in the last quarter? I haven't heard a Bulldogs chant in Melbourne like that since about 1998! They should really push to build a fan base up there, like North & Hawks do in Tassie.

Agree strongly. I've been up to Darwin for a game and it's the best footy destination in Australia apart from Melbourne. The ground is sensational, the city is unique and if you take a 40 KM trip inland it's like you are in another world. TIO oval is my favorite place to watch footy because you can stand right at the fence and almost reach out and touch the players.

Cyberdoggie
03-06-2013, 12:30 PM

Hutchy a close second?

As much as I dislike Thommo as a person, at least was an opposing force that kept Caro and Hutchy at bay somewhat when he was on footy classified. Lloyd is just a patsie and it allows those two to talk whatever rubbish they want without reprise.