PDA

View Full Version : Get well soon Tommy Williams

Ghost Dog
02-06-2013, 06:47 PM
Just a thread to wish Tom Well. I was gutted to see him do his shoulder in Darwin.
I guess many of you have seen the Bulldogs TV videos, and got a feel for what a great guy he is. It's rotten luck, but whatever cards you've been dealt Tom, head down and all the best with the recovery. Bulldogs fans are right behind you.

http://resources3.news.com.au/images/2011/07/03/1226086/696707-tom-williams.jpg

bornadog
02-06-2013, 06:52 PM
Here Here GD, the guy just can't take a trick. Hopefully he will get over this and be back again soon.

GVGjr
02-06-2013, 06:53 PM
Good touch GD, he deserves our support and best wishes.

Eastdog
02-06-2013, 07:00 PM
Hope Tom recovers well soon. He has been very unlucky.

Go_Dogs
02-06-2013, 07:30 PM
Really feel for the bloke, just can't take a trick. He's obviously a very dedicated trainer and popular member of the side. It must be incredibly frustrating and depressing for him. Wish him all the best with his recovery and hopefully it's only a short absence.

Maddog37
02-06-2013, 07:35 PM
Nice thread. Go Tommy.

chef
02-06-2013, 07:40 PM
Yep, get well soon Tommy Gun.

He needs to get the same op that Andrew Walker had on his shoulders..

Bulldog Revolution
02-06-2013, 09:08 PM
Fine thread GD

Good luck in recovery Tom

always right
02-06-2013, 09:23 PM
I hope we hang onto Tommy. Some blokes are worth more to the fabric of the club than just their playing ability. I get the impression Tom's one of those blokes. I know other might disagree but look at how Melbourne dealt with James McDonald....proved to be a very poor decision.

ledge
02-06-2013, 09:25 PM
I worry if his shoulder pops out like that how does he come back to harder collisions with his shoulder issues over the years?
Has the potential to be a really good player without injury

Ghost Dog
02-06-2013, 09:44 PM
What was Andrew Walker's op?

soupman
02-06-2013, 09:55 PM
Cannot take a trick. Really feel for the guy.

EasternWest
02-06-2013, 10:03 PM
I hope we hang onto Tommy. Some blokes are worth more to the fabric of the club than just their playing ability. I get the impression Tom's one of those blokes. I know other might disagree but look at how Melbourne dealt with James McDonald....proved to be a very poor decision.

I agree with the sentiment. Always struck me as a stand up guy. I just don't know how long we can keep holding onto him for, and it pains me to even say it, but will he ever be right?

chef
02-06-2013, 10:04 PM
What was Andrew Walker's op?

He had the joint/sockets tighten. According to him a bus could hit him and it would knock it out.

always right
02-06-2013, 10:44 PM
I agree with the sentiment. Always struck me as a stand up guy. I just don't know how long we can keep holding onto him for, and it pains me to even say it, but will he ever be right?

Only those within the club are in the position to make the call. I'm only speculating.

hoppus25
02-06-2013, 11:38 PM
Get well soon Tommy! Such bad luck :(

EasternWest
02-06-2013, 11:42 PM
Only those within the club are in the position to make the call. I'm only speculating.

Of course?

As a speculator, how long do YOU think we should hold onto him for? I can't make up my mind.

always right
03-06-2013, 12:05 AM
One more year.

Dry Rot
03-06-2013, 02:22 AM
Of course?

As a speculator, how long do YOU think we should hold onto him for? I can't make up my mind.

Agreed, it's tricky.

We now have at least 4 dodgy injury prone players: Williams, Wood, Higgins and Cooney on our list.

How many can we have? Cooney will probably be gone at the end of the season, but can we carry three?

Remi Moses
03-06-2013, 02:25 AM
Some unfortunately don't have the physique that can stand the rigours of AFL .
Unfortunately I think Tom falls into that category

AndrewP6
03-06-2013, 07:23 AM
I'm OS and only saw the reports of Tom's injury online. Jeez, how terrible for the bloke. All the best to him.

AndrewP6
03-06-2013, 07:24 AM
Agreed, it's tricky.

We now have at least 4 dodgy injury prone players: Williams, Wood, Higgins and Cooney on our list.

How many can we have? Cooney will probably be gone at the end of the season, but can we carry three?

Please explain? Has this been mentioned publicly?

always right
03-06-2013, 08:49 AM
Please explain? Has this been mentioned publicly?

Cooney's manager has stated he wants to remain at the dogs but the dogs have put off talks.

Ghost Dog
03-06-2013, 08:51 AM
Realistically, it might be hard to keep him. Then again, We are very short of large defenders so he might get lucky.

westdog54
03-06-2013, 11:47 AM
There are unlucky players, and then there are unlucky players.

Get well soon Tommy.

LostDoggy
03-06-2013, 11:55 AM
I don't think anybody would blame Tommy if he hung up the boots. To keep fighting so hard yet spend your entire career in rehab, it's just demoralising. The way he's going, life after football is going to be very, very painful.

I think the club should ensure he is well looked after and supported, and if he pulled the pin, help him get a job there as one of the support staff, because as others have said, he really is a top bloke and seems to be very well liked around the place.

My opinion? If he's still struggling to get back on the park at the end of the year, make the hard call.

Cyberdoggie
03-06-2013, 12:49 PM
Agreed, it's tricky.

Where is Cooney going?

I could only see him leaving the club if he has an outstanding second half of the year and another club offers him a ridiculous amount of cash that we can't/won't match.

Otherwise he'll stay.

Sedat
03-06-2013, 12:57 PM
I don't think anybody would blame Tommy if he hung up the boots. To keep fighting so hard yet spend your entire career in rehab, it's just demoralising. The way he's going, life after football is going to be very, very painful.

I think the club should ensure he is well looked after and supported, and if he pulled the pin, help him get a job there as one of the support staff, because as others have said, he really is a top bloke and seems to be very well liked around the place.

My opinion? If he's still struggling to get back on the park at the end of the year, make the hard call.
Hard to disagree with any of this. Poor bloke has never got a real shot at it, after having a career-threatening navicular injury in his first pre-season at the club that effectively wiped out his first 3 years. Matty Egan has made a good fist of his post-footy career after having his footy career cut short so hopefully Tommy can do the same if he does indeed decide to hang up the boots.

bulldogsman
03-06-2013, 01:04 PM
I felt sick in the stomach after seeing Tom get injured again.
I hope the recovery goes well and it's not as bad as first thought.

OLD SCRAGGer
03-06-2013, 06:44 PM
Absolutely GUTTED for Tom. I speak to him on a regular basis at club, and he has been doing EVERYTHING in his power to get his body right, then this happens. I have COMPLETE faith that he will also get over this and get back into our team. GOOD LUCK Tom

AndrewP6
03-06-2013, 09:50 PM
Cooney's manager has stated he wants to remain at the dogs but the dogs have put off talks.

Fair enough, but surely a bit of a stretch to go from "They'll negotiate later" to "He's gone"?

immortalmike
04-06-2013, 12:53 AM
Fair enough, but surely a bit of a stretch to go from "They'll negotiate later" to "He's gone"?

It's Dry Rot, the dude works from the worst case scenario first then somehow makes it worse.

On Tommy, seems a fantastic bloke, I'm hopeful he'll get himself right, must be mentally draining though.

LostDoggy
04-06-2013, 09:57 AM
Poor Tommy reminds me of Santiago from Hemingway's The Old Man And The Sea. He just doesn't give up, keeps fighting til the bitter end.