PDA

View Full Version : Body Language of an AFL coach

Ghost Dog
03-06-2013, 09:27 AM
http://images.theage.com.au/2013/06/02/4458453/art-353-svNEELD-300x0.jpg

Such a forlorn face on a coach I've never seen.
Stick your chest out man!

Baily used to cop regular pastings. And would just be as calm as ever.

Brendan actually seems to becoming more up tight in the press conferences after we win. He's still one of the most likable coaches in the media.

What are some coaching mannerisms that strike you as odd, funny, interesting?

bornadog
03-06-2013, 09:43 AM
Neeld will most likely be gone by the end of the day.

always right
03-06-2013, 09:44 AM
Macca's pres conferences and public statements are controlled, logical and consistent. His press conferences are also the most boring.

Mofra
03-06-2013, 09:52 AM
Macca's pres conferences and public statements are controlled, logical and consistent.
I have been struck by how his press conferences after a win are almost identical to the press conferences after a loss. He seems (at this stage, anyway) to preference processes over anything else, including winning and losing.

Bulldog Revolution
03-06-2013, 10:12 AM
A coach should be in control of his emotions, regardless of the problems being faced

That is the worry for me about Neeld - he doesnt seem able to manage his emotions to deal with the ongoing crisis

Ghost Dog
03-06-2013, 10:46 AM
A coach should be in control of his emotions, regardless of the problems being faced

That is the worry for me about Neeld - he doesnt seem able to manage his emotions to deal with the ongoing crisis

MWAAHHAHAHAHAHAHA:D

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRm0CD-a5AJbTlL7szyss6BQLy9Rdozbbk4vE2-iU-0T2PbH6hByQ

Bulldog Revolution
03-06-2013, 11:28 AM

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRm0CD-a5AJbTlL7szyss6BQLy9Rdozbbk4vE2-iU-0T2PbH6hByQ

Yup, Eade was never at his best when he wasn't in control of his either

Clearly could coach though, which we cant say the same about for Neeld, but when Eade lost it, it wasn't conducive

westdog54
03-06-2013, 11:37 AM
Yup, Eade was never at his best when he wasn't in control of his either

Clearly could coach though, which we cant say the same about for Neeld, but when Eade lost it, it wasn't conducive

Was once told a great story about David Smorgon's first and last time in the box with Rocket. It's not exactly G rated and I promised my source I wouldn't spread it to far so I won't tell it, but lets just say it was a first and last time for a reason.

LostDoggy
03-06-2013, 11:45 AM
I have been struck by how his press conferences after a win are almost identical to the press conferences after a loss. He seems (at this stage, anyway) to preference processes over anything else, including winning and losing.

This is good, as if he was to talk about processes, etc. after a loss and then be all smiles and throw it out the window after a win, the press conference after the next loss just looks like excuses.

Great that he's consistent in his message. Agree though that he doesn't quite have the charm Rocket had.

azabob
03-06-2013, 11:48 AM

Which isn't surprising, from my point of view from day one he has alway's been preaching "process" which I think is what annoyed some of the supporter base, especially when we get smashed on the scoreboard.

The Pie Man
03-06-2013, 12:06 PM
Getting back to the body language point - Matthew Primus was just about the worst I've seen....especially when he was on the bench during games.

(Looked) A miserable combination of clueless & hopeless.

And on the Macca when we win point - I noted at 3 quarter time he was making what looked like a strong point to Stringer & Macrae as they walked to the bench after the huddle had dispersed. Just found it interesting given we'd had a ripping quarter and looked in a strong position, yet he seemed to be perhaps even harder with his message.

The Pie Man
03-06-2013, 12:08 PM

Looks like that's Liam Jones on the end of the hairdryer treatment.

Let's be honest, whatever it was he probably earnt that bake :D

Twodogs
03-06-2013, 01:46 PM

I can remember talking to Cam Faulkner at training the week after he'd missed a gettable shot at goal toward the end of a close game in Rocket's first year. I asked what the coach said to him after the game. He said "Let's just say I found out why they call him Rocket"

Maddog37
03-06-2013, 03:35 PM
Clarko cracks me up. Still a nutter just like when he played.

always right
03-06-2013, 04:20 PM
Clarko cracks me up. Still a nutter just like when he played.

Yep...a nutter who insists on building "good people". He's such a little hypocrite.

Ghost Dog
03-06-2013, 05:01 PM
Guy McKenna and the door slam. They need rubber padding in those boxes.

AndrewP6
03-06-2013, 09:57 PM
Didn't I read somewhere here that Neeld has nerve damage from a broken jaw that affects his expressions? That would explain a bit.