PDA

View Full Version : Trainer #5 & Kobe's bravery

F'scary
03-06-2013, 02:40 PM
I refer you to the Round 10 footage via AFL Smart Replay shortly after Kobe has been injured in the first quarter.

If you watch closely then and several instances after that you will see that he is in a lot of pain and wants to come off.

But then trainer #5 comes over to him and she lays her hand on his shoulder as he is doubled over and clearly tells him that he has to fight on for the team.

If you continue to watch, you can see he casts his head down and says "nah..I...am...finished...I am useless to everyone...I have no role I can play...I might as well be dead..." - but then you can see she says to him that he must have hope and fight on and never give up no matter how much he is hurting.

He went on to be a more than useful contributor despite being on one leg and unable even to open his eyes because he was grimacing so much.

We are very lucky to have trainer #5.

In the ancient celtic language, "Bodicea" meant "victory."

stefoid
04-06-2013, 09:15 PM
:) :)

Rocco Jones
04-06-2013, 09:25 PM
I think Trainer #5 deserves her own thread.

wimberga
04-06-2013, 09:54 PM
At what point doe he get injured? whats the easiest way to navigate to it?

ratsmac
04-06-2013, 11:46 PM
Do the bulldogs shop sell trainer guernseys? If they do they should some slap number 5's on them.

LostDoggy
05-06-2013, 12:41 AM
What's the lady's name?

bornadog
05-06-2013, 10:12 AM
What's the lady's name?

I haven't checked the replay but at the time I thought it looked like Carli, the trainer Twodogs and I had a long chat to a few weeks ago at training She has been at the club for three years, came from a Rugby League club in Sydney and is a physio doing a Masters at Melbourne Uni.

She said the Westernbulldogs is the best club she has worked at and loves the work environment and all the people at the club are friendly. Also worked in Rockets last year and again same atmosphere. Seems we have a pretty good culture at the club.

Twodogs
05-06-2013, 10:45 AM
It's just Cari I think BAD. She really knows her footy.

F'scary
05-06-2013, 01:53 PM
At what point doe he get injured? whats the easiest way to navigate to it?

sorry wimberga, I didn't do the due diligence. Forgive me. The first Bodicea scene occurs immediately after one of our goals is signalled.

strebla
05-06-2013, 05:19 PM
I only really saw her with a cramped Libba in the last so will keep my powder dry until the next game.

EasternWest
05-06-2013, 07:07 PM
I gotta say, I find this thread pervy and creepy.

chef
05-06-2013, 08:16 PM

Me too.

lemmon
05-06-2013, 08:55 PM

Have to agree

bulldogtragic
05-06-2013, 09:18 PM
It's comments like these that make me feel self conscious of not wearing pants while 'woofing'.

:) only joking.

Hotdog60
05-06-2013, 10:18 PM
You have to wear pants:o

Go_Dogs
06-06-2013, 12:19 AM
I think I might close this one now. If anyone has an issue with that please send me a private message.

For the avoidance of doubt, I want to make it clear that in my opinion the OP was not of a creepy/pervy nature, nor were any comments made by F'Scary in the thread but it was my view the thread ought to be closed to prevent it from moving in that direction.

Twodogs
06-06-2013, 05:43 PM
I think I might close this one now. If anyone has an issue with that please send me a private message.

For the avoidance of doubt, I want to make it clear that in my opinion the OP was not of a creepy/pervy nature, nor were any comments made by F'Scary in the thread but it was my view the thread ought to be closed to prevent it from moving in that direction.

Can I add that the trainer in question is a well qualified and experienced professional who is currently doing a masters at uni. She might be a very nice person but she ain't no bimbo.