PDA

View Full Version : What would the WBFC look like if Teddy was still with us?

bulldogtragic
05-06-2013, 10:08 PM
There has arguably been no greater influence on our club. No bigger media magnet than Teddy. No stronger advocate, father figure and opinion maker like EJ.

I think it's just so sad that Teddy was taken so young, I still have his funeral on a VHS somewhere. I think we've been deprived to not have an elder who could make or change opinions within the club, such as Teddy could. What he did with state of origin single handed was legendary.

How do you think Teddy would have been, inside and external to the club on issues like:

Ian Collins going after Granty (and depriving him a brownlow).
The ground deal with Ethihad
The finals of the late 00's
Rebuilding
Coaching appointments (like Rhode and the change to Eade)
Player loyalty to the club and players leaving for cash
Our position in the AFL generally
Coloured football boots
Westy, Granty and Johno breaking the 321 game barrier
Generally representing our great club, which he forged into history.

ledge
05-06-2013, 10:13 PM
I don't think he had anything to do with the club the last 15 years he was in the media pushing state of origin

LostDoggy
05-06-2013, 10:31 PM
You are asking a lot of the Woofers with this one BDT. I think the only one that can be answered is the boots one. And that would be as long as they are Adidas.

The bulldog tragician
05-06-2013, 10:33 PM
Not to diminish Ted's legacy, but he was far from prominent in speaking out about the failed merger in 1989. He basically toed the then VFL line.

If he was not outspoken at this most dreadful crisis we ever faced I'm not too sure he would have been in any of these other issues.

bulldogtragic
05-06-2013, 10:35 PM
You are asking a lot of the Woofers with this one BDT. I think the only one that can be answered is the boots one. And that would be as long as they are Adidas.
Couldn't agree more. Good marketing to get EJ when three decades on we can all remember the Adidas brand. :)