PDA

View Full Version : Coach's Office - Michael Talia Review (Rd10)

bornadog
09-06-2013, 05:00 PM
ArISPZNaiJ0

lemmon
09-06-2013, 05:23 PM
"Took the easy option with the ball", that's the most telling line for me. They've obviously identified his kicking as the issue and are drumming into him to play within his limitations which is a good thing for mine. I would call Talia just about our most bankable real youngster, we've got a 10 year solid, no frills backman there.

Scorlibo
09-06-2013, 08:15 PM
I would call Talia just about our most bankable real youngster, we've got a 10 year solid, no frills backman there.

Disagree, at this stage he still has a lot to prove. His kicking is probably the worst I've seen from a draftee in the last 10 or so years.

boydogs
09-06-2013, 09:05 PM
His kicking is probably the worst I've seen from a draftee in the last 10 or so years.

Any aspect in particular?

Scorlibo
09-06-2013, 09:27 PM
Any aspect in particular?

The ball drop comes from outer space. I've seen it rotate 90 degrees from hand to boot more than once with Talia. I'm glad to hear that Dale Morris is giving him advice because Dale has struggled with the same issue for much of his career and has always managed to play within his limitations.

Mofra
10-06-2013, 12:35 PM
His kicking is probably the worst I've seen from a draftee in the last 10 or so years.
Clay Smith's ball drop has to be a competitor - he's improved markedly in the space of a pre-season.

Talia seems earmarked for a more lockdown role like Morris which is a positive - the coaching staff seem set on playing the kids to their strengths.