PDA

View Full Version : BMac on AFL 360 tonight (Monday)

bulldogtragic
10-06-2013, 03:41 PM
7.30, channel 504.

On with Bomber. Replacing Eade yet again :)

bornadog
10-06-2013, 03:47 PM
great thank you for the heads up

bornadog
10-06-2013, 09:51 PM
Interesting to hear Macca bounces things off Thomo about what he would do in certain situations etc.

Macca was very good tonight, articulate and entertaining, especially with his old friend on the show.

lemmon
10-06-2013, 10:53 PM
Any idea if this is replayed anywhere? Lot of tweets about how good he was but no Foxtel at the Lemmon household

LostDoggy
10-06-2013, 11:50 PM
Seemed to be a lot of verbal love making between Mac and Bomber.

Remi Moses
11-06-2013, 02:47 AM
The two should get a room

LostDoggy
11-06-2013, 09:44 AM
The two should get a room

Hopefully they will one day, at a Premiership Coaches Function.

bornadog
11-06-2013, 09:52 AM
Any idea if this is replayed anywhere? Lot of tweets about how good he was but no Foxtel at the Lemmon household

Try Fox Sports they sometimes put up segments from AFL360

Happy Days
11-06-2013, 01:26 PM
It's on now

Bulldog4life
11-06-2013, 02:31 PM
It's on now

Bugger I missed it. On again at 5.30 for those that have FOX.

bulldogtragic
11-06-2013, 03:02 PM
It's on now
Just watched it too. Geez there is a bit of man love between the two. Interesting to hear BMac asks Bomber about which players to persist with and which ones not to.

azabob
11-06-2013, 03:03 PM
Just watched it too. Geez there is a bit of man love between the two. Interesting to hear BMac asks Bomber about which players to persist with and which ones not to.

Can you expand on the who to persist with and who not to?

bulldogtragic
11-06-2013, 03:06 PM
Can you expand on the who to persist with and who not to?
Wish I could. Robbo asked BMac if he seeks out Bombers advice. He said he does and mentioned questions can involve persisting with certain players and Bombers opinions on same.

azabob
11-06-2013, 03:16 PM
Wish I could. Robbo asked BMac if he seeks out Bombers advice. He said he does and mentioned questions can involve persisting with certain players and Bombers opinions on same.

Wow - That is very interesting.
I guess they go way back. Not sure i would trust Thompson though. He seems a very slippery character.

Ghost Dog
11-06-2013, 07:41 PM
Was a pretty boring interview I thought.

Brett Monty is the man that keeps the even keel in the box, according to the interview.

Go_Dogs
11-06-2013, 07:57 PM
I thought he presented well - enjoyed the replay tonight.

chef
11-06-2013, 08:08 PM
I thought he presented well - enjoyed the replay tonight.

Same here.

Greystache
11-06-2013, 08:41 PM
It was really interesting watching the dynamic between the two. Thompson speaks to BMac like they were on equal footing in their previous roles, while BMac makes mention from time to time that Thompson was the boss. Thompson clearly thinks very very highly of BMac.

Before I Die
11-06-2013, 08:41 PM
Wow - That is very interesting.
I guess they go way back. Not sure i would trust Thompson though. He seems a very slippery character.

I guess the question is, who would you expect a new coach to seek advice from? The obvious answer is their mentor, ie the person they spent the best part of ten years assisting.

I was initially surprised by what Macca said, but in hindsight it is bleeding obvious that he would speak to Bomber. I doubt if he would discuss inner sanctum planning, but as a general sounding board, Bomber is the obvious choice. Also, it is nice of Essendon to pick up the bill for Bomber's advice.

jeemak
11-06-2013, 11:07 PM
I guess the question is, who would you expect a new coach to seek advice from? The obvious answer is their mentor, ie the person they spent the best part of ten years assisting.

I was initially surprised by what Macca said, but in hindsight it is bleeding obvious that he would speak to Bomber. I doubt if he would discuss inner sanctum planning, but as a general sounding board, Bomber is the obvious choice. Also, it is nice of Essendon to pick up the bill for Bomber's advice.

Haven't seen the interview, though it kind of make sense doesn't it.

I know there's people I worked with previously that are still in my industry, or those that I know outside of previous employers that I have a lot of respect for who I use as a sounding board from time to time on particular matters.

It's that respect that comes with personal relationships that have been developed over time that probably keeps things off the record and unusable out of trust.

boydogs
11-06-2013, 11:19 PM
I was initially surprised by what Macca said, but in hindsight it is bleeding obvious that he would speak to Bomber.

It's actually a good sign, BMac doesn't think he knows it all and seeks a second opinion from someone who has been there & done that.