PDA

View Full Version : Western Bulldogs are taking Inside the Kennel on the road

Bulldog4life
17-06-2013, 04:55 PM
http://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/club/events/inside-the-kennel

For the first time the Western Bulldogs are taking Inside the Kennel on the road. Heading down to the lovely Mornington Peninsula where you will enjoy a delicious two course meal, drinks at bar prices and hear from Western Bulldogs players and an assistant coach about the season. Numbers are limited so book your seats today.

Date: Wednesday 26 June 2013

Location: Peninsula Club, Dromana (Cnr of Gibson & Noel Streets)

Time: 6.30pm

Price:
$45 for members
$55 for non-members
$30 for children

Featuring:
Assistant Coach: Shannon Grant

Players: TBC

Secure your place at the Western Bulldogs Inside the Kennel Event through the online booking form here.

For more information about the event call (03) 9680 6154 or email events@westernbulldogs.com.au

Anyone going? Mrs Bulldog4life and I will be there. Less than 10 minutes down the road for us which is great. For once not a long trip.....hooray for me.

GVGjr
17-06-2013, 09:36 PM
I'm really tempted to go. Will try and see who else I can con into going.

Eastdog
17-06-2013, 09:38 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong I'm pretty sure they have an Inside the Kennel also at the Mulgrave Country Club once a year.

bornadog
17-06-2013, 11:50 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong I'm pretty sure they have an Inside the Kennel also at the Mulgrave Country Club once a year.

Yes you are wrong :) The East West Club has a young guns dinner once a year there. The next one is coming up soon.

Eastdog
18-06-2013, 12:28 AM
Yes you are wrong :) The East West Club has a young guns dinner once a year there. The next one is coming up soon.

Thanks for clarifying that BAD.

Bulldog4life
27-06-2013, 01:47 AM
What a night it was. Approx 120 people gathered at the Peninsula Club in Dromana to hear Ryan Griffen, Shaun Higgins, Nick Lower & Shannon "Shagger"Grant and not forgetting Robert Stubbs talk footy. Mrs Bulldog4life and I were seated on table 6 with another two couples. Later lo and behold the two seats opposite us which were vacant were filled by Higgs & Griff. I said to my wife I would have paid double the $45 for the privilege.

I got to talk to them both unimpeded on and off for a full 30 minutes while the main course was served. Both were very friendly and the conversation was easy. Below are some of the things I learnt on the night talking to the players and what I heard from their talk to the audience. These are in no order and include a number of very trivial things.

1/ Griff said it takes about 4 years from when a player starts his career to when his body feels comfortable playing AFL. It took him that long.

2/ He said that we had 14 players…I think.. who have played under 50 games on the weekend for us. He said for young Stringer to be a key forward is remarkable. Said MacRae is doing wonders too. Further said with such a young side you are going to have ups and down. Reckons Macca is a great person and coach and he…Griff…reckons the more games they can get into the youngsters the better. Said he will be a bulldog for life. When young he used to barrack for the Crows.

3/ Griff eats like there is no tomorrow. Woofs…excuse the pun…down his tucker in no time. Both prefer chicken than lamb. Higgs had half a desert Griff had none.

4. Nick Lower told me that his twin brother Ed has had shocking knee trouble and played his first game for a while on Saturday for Old Scotch.

5.Nick said the Club has been great and he feels very much at home. Has a share in an accounting practice interstate.

6. Nick told me that he was an inch away of smacking King of Richmond last week. Said he was a real bugger. I told him we supporters love him flying the flag. He told the crowd that two players that impressed him since he has been at the bulldogs were young Libba and Josh Prudden which was a surprise to me. Said he hopes Josh gets a game this year. Reckons Libba will be a champion and is one of the best in and under players in the comp.

7/ Higgs said Griff and Griff said Lower will be at the Peninsula Springs in their red speedos tomorrow. They are staying on the Peninsula tonight and having a look round tomorrow. Jokingly told my wife we should invite them for breakfast.

8/ Nick Lower said we have 30 players on our list aged 22 years and less when he started with us. Said it was a big plus.

9/ Griff said that he and Higgo are developing properties together. They have four townhouses just come on the market for sale in Geelong.

10/ Spoke to Higgs about Jarrad Grant. He said it is all up to Granty what happens next year. Said unfortunately hasn’t kicked on and the coaches are trying to get him to play a particular way.

11/ Shannon Grant said that Simon Dalrymple has about 20 to 25 people working with him looking at matches all over Australia. Said that Macca has a big say on the type of player that we will recruit. Says that Macca spends a huge amount of time working with Dalrymple. Also said a you have to remember young Dahl is still young and is learning all the time.

12/ All players work 6 days a week as a footballer and have Thursday off where they are encouraged to do a course or a job for at least 4 hours. Higgo said some watch TV as their job!

13/ We talked about Higgo’s father playing for Geelong West. He did a couple of pre seasons at Geelong without success. Shaun used to follow Geelong. Rapt to be drafted by Bulldogs as he was at a stage where he wanted to get out of Geelong.

14/ I told Griff I reckon he will be our next captain when he said “not up to me”. I have no hesitation in thinking he would take the job on. He didn’t discount it.He is a lot more confident now and has a dry sense of humour too. Ideal for captain of the bulldogs ha ha.

15/ I spoke to them about the players in our last Grand Final in 1961 which I was lucky enough to go to. They were amazed I remembered them. Said John Schultz in a regular around the Club but they don’t see a lot of ex-players.

I could have spoken with them all night and could see people from other tables straining to see and hear what we were talking about. Hopefully this gives everyone a small insight on the night. Should have taken notes ha ha as it is hard to remember everything when you get home. I had the programme signed by all players and Shagger Grant too. A great night to remember.

AndrewP6
27-06-2013, 01:57 AM
Thanks for the report B4L... good to read.

Bulldog4life
27-06-2013, 02:06 AM
Thanks for the report B4L... good to read.

No worries Andrew. Also Shagger Grant said the Club is very excited that they will have their own VFL team next year and said that it will greatly benefit the Club. Also Griff & Higgs don’t do supercoach! Griff said he is sick of hearing about it. Luckily I don't do it either so proudly told him so.

bornadog
27-06-2013, 08:47 AM
No worries Andrew. Also Shagger Grant said the Club is very excited that they will have their own VFL team next year and said that it will greatly benefit the Club. Also Griff & Higgs don’t do supercoach! Griff said he is sick of hearing about it. Luckily I don't do it either so proudly told him so.

Thank-you for the report sounds like a great night

Go_Dogs
27-06-2013, 09:59 AM
Great report B4L, terrific read and sounds like a great night, very jealous!

Maddog37
27-06-2013, 01:31 PM
Great stuff B4L.

josie
27-06-2013, 09:53 PM
Great read - thanks B4L. Sounds like Grant's problem is lack of intent based on this & most recent VFL report on dogs website. Sad indeed although there's a bit of the season left if he is prepared to have a go.

boydogs
29-06-2013, 12:13 AM
I got to talk to them both unimpeded on and off for a full 30 minutes while the main course was served.

Thanks for posting :)

Was there any discussion on Shaun's rehab? The sort of things he is doing to heal it & keep in shape, prognosis for his return etc.

Bulldog4life
29-06-2013, 01:15 AM
Thanks for posting :)

Was there any discussion on Shaun's rehab? The sort of things he is doing to heal it & keep in shape, prognosis for his return etc.

Shaun was still wearing a boot gogriff but it was coming off soon. Not sure when.He has been working with the young forwards and will continue to do that. Won't be playing till next season.Didn't talk about his current rehab but I did mention the bad luck he has had with injury. He seemed fairly upbeat about how his injury is coming along but of course won't know how things are till the boot comes off.

boydogs
29-06-2013, 01:29 AM
Shaun was still wearing a boot gogriff but it was coming off soon. Not sure when.He has been working with the young forwards and will continue to do that. Won't be playing till next season.Didn't talk about his current rehab but I did mention the bad luck he has had with injury. He seemed fairly upbeat about how his injury is coming along but of course won't know how things are till the boot comes off.

Thanks mate