PDA

View Full Version : Match Committee - Round 14 vs Melbourne

GVGjr
22-06-2013, 05:06 PM
If you were on the match committee what changes would you make for round 14 match-up against Melbourne at the MCG?

As always a brief explanation for you changes would be appreciated.

GVGjr
22-06-2013, 10:55 PM
The match committee thread should be an interesting one this week

bulldogtragic
22-06-2013, 10:57 PM
Will have more later. At this stage, even Grant offers more than Dahl. I'd swap them for a few weeks.

GVGjr
22-06-2013, 11:13 PM
Will have more later. At this stage, even Grant offers more than Dahl. I'd swap them for a few weeks.
Dahlhaus hasn't played well for weeks and he needs a spell.

Sedat
22-06-2013, 11:19 PM
Dahlhaus hasn't played well for weeks and he needs a spell.
He has become Steven Morris' personal gimp.

In: Grant, Dickson
Out: Markovic, Dahlhaus

No idea who is 2nd ruck with these changes, that's how little I rate both Markovic and Campbell

westdog54
22-06-2013, 11:28 PM
Dahlhaus 10 touches. Simply not good enough for a player of his calibre. Time for a spell. Dickson slots straight in.
Marko simply cannot play next week. Does not belong out there. Depending on how Cordy played at Willi I'd be tempted to bring him straight back. Surely he'd offer more than Marko at the moment. I'm just not convinced enough by Grant.

Ghost Dog
22-06-2013, 11:29 PM
Got to try something new. Play a team of kids?
Hrovat for Dahlhaus, Dickson for Cooney

LostDoggy
22-06-2013, 11:29 PM
I don't want to swear, so I won't. Markovic is a lump of coal. He's not a backman, he's not a forward, he's ineffectual as a backup ruck.

Why is he there?

bulldogtragic
22-06-2013, 11:33 PM
I don't want to swear, so I won't. Markovic is a lump of coal. He's not a backman, he's not a forward, he's ineffectual as a backup ruck.

Why is he there?
Terrific bloke. Trains hard.

lemmon
22-06-2013, 11:34 PM

Hrovat played

Ghost Dog
22-06-2013, 11:36 PM
Hrovat played

Sorry, what I meant was, for him to take on that role. Dahlhaus needs a rest.
Im not thinking straight. Trying to stay positive but my brain has seized up....

It's just a game
It's just a game...

LostDoggy
22-06-2013, 11:39 PM

I laughed :D

LostDoggy
22-06-2013, 11:39 PM

Sorry, what I meant was, for him to take on that role. Dahlhaus needs a rest..

Who in for Dahl GD?

bulldogtragic
22-06-2013, 11:42 PM
I laughed :D
That's all we can do MRM. :) Laugh at just how stupid it is and hope for change.

Remi Moses
22-06-2013, 11:48 PM
In - Dickson Cordy
Out- Markovic Dahlhaus ( struggling)

SquirrelGrip
22-06-2013, 11:55 PM
Out Boyd (I just can't watch his disposal anymore), Dahlhaus, Markovic, Hrovat
In Cross, Dickson, Cordy, Stevens

LostDoggy
22-06-2013, 11:59 PM
It's Melbourne, so-

Out: Markovic (can't play at this level), Boyd (as a warning), Dalhaus (rest), Picken (positional non-requirement)

In: Redpath (both ends and big enough for a ruck chop out), Wallis, Dickson, Stevens

SlimPickens
23-06-2013, 12:02 AM
Out: Boyd, Marco, Cooney

In: Stevens, Dickson, Wallis

I'm sick of watching senior blokes play with a lack of respect to what the coach/team is trying to achieve. Gia, Morris, Minson are doing it, my outs are not.

JamesInCanberra
23-06-2013, 12:23 AM
Out: Markovic, Jones (continually frustrating), Dahlhaus, Picken, Cooney (If his not fit, which I suspect he's not, looking like he did last year)
In: Grant, (one last roll of the dice) Howard (can kick, at least according to Simon Dalrymple), Dickson, Wallis, Redpath (Lets see what we have.)

LostDoggy
23-06-2013, 12:26 AM
C'mon, Jones ?

comrade
23-06-2013, 12:45 AM
Out: Boyd, Marco, Cooney

In: Stevens, Dickson, Wallis

I'm with you but it 100% won't happen.

Remi Moses
23-06-2013, 01:06 AM
For goodness sake the continual " let's drop Jones" call is infuriating
Yes he has deficiencies, but he has the misfortune in our side at the moment of being the number 1 banana in our forward line. The guy not only gets poor ball delivery, he has no help!!
He must keep playing

G-Mo77
23-06-2013, 01:12 AM
Ins: Dickson, Cordy, Stevens
Outs: Hrovat, Dahlhaus, Markovic

Jones was apparently pretty hobbled after the game with an ankle injury. May miss.

AndrewP6
23-06-2013, 01:41 AM
Ins: Dickson, Cordy, Stevens
Outs: Hrovat, Dahlhaus, Markovic

Jones was apparently pretty hobbled after the game with an ankle injury. May miss.

Commentators said he was hurt early on, wouldn't surprise me if he missed.

AndrewP6
23-06-2013, 01:41 AM
Yes he has deficiencies, but he has the misfortune in our side at the moment of being the number 1 banana in our forward line. The guy not only gets poor ball delivery, he has no help!!
He must keep playing

He was hurt tonight, might not have a say in it.

G-Mo77
23-06-2013, 01:45 AM
Commentators said he was hurt early on, wouldn't surprise me if he missed.

Me either which is a shame because he showed some really good signs today. The ankle will probably be like a balloon tomorrow. Fingers crossed.

comrade
23-06-2013, 01:54 AM
I thought Jones read the ball better tonight and jumped at it with his hands rather than try to chest mark it. It'll be a shame if he misses.

JamesInCanberra
23-06-2013, 02:29 AM
I thought Jones read the ball better tonight and jumped at it with his hands rather than try to chest mark it. It'll be a shame if he misses.

He can't continue to miss relatively easy set shots. It deflates the whole team.

Hotdog60
23-06-2013, 09:25 AM
He can't continue to miss relatively easy set shots. It deflates the whole team.

That's true but you can see a big difference in his approach for goal this year compared with last year. He is working on it and I think we need to keep playing him if fit.

SonofScray
23-06-2013, 10:39 AM
Out:
Boyd - not giving much for the team.
Jones - injured, brave effort to play well on one leg.
Dalhaus - been poor for a few weeks.

In:
Jarrad Grant - goal sense, skill set meets a key deficiency in the F50.
Wallis - Offers the same as Boyd but potential to kick straight.
Stevens - one of our best all year.

If I was in the mood for wholesale changes add:

Out:
Marko - A scrapper that can play a role (which I love) but is just too limited
Cooney - not 100% or has an attitude issue, or both.

In:
No idea.

Ghost Dog
23-06-2013, 10:44 AM
Out:
Boyd - not giving much for the team.
Jones - injured, brave effort to play well on one leg.
Dalhaus - been poor for a few weeks.

In:
Jarrad Grant - goal sense, skill set meets a key deficiency in the F50.
Wallis - Offers the same as Boyd but potential to kick straight.
Stevens - one of our best all year.

If I was in the mood for wholesale changes add:

Out:
Marko - A scrapper that can play a role (which I love) but is just too limited
Cooney - not 100% or has an attitude issue, or both.

In:
No idea.

I heard Jong played well. How far away is he?

Ghost Dog
23-06-2013, 10:45 AM
He must keep playing

Agreed. Each inside 50, I thought, here we go, and sure enough the opportunity for an ankle mark was there. Or it was well overcooked and went over his head.

Hey he kicked a nice goal from the boundary.

SlimPickens
23-06-2013, 11:15 AM
I heard Jong played well. How far away is he?

He played ok not well in the development team. He is a fair way off.

GVGjr
23-06-2013, 11:22 AM
Our forward line had too many small players

In: Dickson, Stevens, Cordy and Wallis
Out: Hrovat, Dahlhaus, Goodes and Markovic

Dickson and Cordy will help out Stringer and Jones.
I'd move Lower to a HBF to cover Goodes which opens up a midfield spot for Wallis.

I'm tempted to find a spot for Cross but given Boyd's constant turnovers it's hard to add him.

Ghost Dog
23-06-2013, 11:24 AM
Our forward line had too many small players

In: Dickson, Stevens, Cordy and Wallis

May have to disagree here. With the poor quality of delivery coming in, would have made little difference. Think the MC got it right. Just couldn't kick straight to repay their faith.
Hunter, Dahl etc.

Go_Dogs
23-06-2013, 11:38 AM
I haven't watched the game from last night yet (I'll force myself to watch the replay as painful as it sounds like it'll be) but based on other posters thoughts on the game, I'd go:-

Ins:
Cordy, Dickson, Stevens

Outs:
Markovic, Dahlhaus, Cooney/Boyd

Cordy was OK yesterday and surely offers at least as much as Marko and is better equipped to ruck a few minutes.

Dahlhaus needs a few weeks back at the B's level to find some form, Dickson comes in for him.

Stevens returns from injury and although there are a few who could move out, I'd like to see the MC make a stand and drop one of Cooney or Boyd who seem to have not improved on their poor performances last week.

Sedat
23-06-2013, 12:09 PM
Done some more thinking and I'm nor sure there are suitable match-ups for all of Boyd, Lower and Picken against Melbourne. Picken suits Davey to a tee, and one of Lower/Boyd takes Nathan Jones, but really there are no further match-ups from a defensive perspective in Melbourne's midfield.

We know Boyd won't get dropped so perhaps Lower also needs to make way this week from a match-up perspective.

LostDoggy
23-06-2013, 01:35 PM
Out: Markovic, Jones (continually frustrating), Dahlhaus, Picken, Cooney (If his not fit, which I suspect he's not, looking like he did last year)
In: Grant, (one last roll of the dice) Howard (can kick, at least according to Simon Dalrymple), Dickson, Wallis, Redpath (Lets see what we have.)

Wow. We just have zero depth currently

LostDoggy
23-06-2013, 01:52 PM
I must say Howard is actually one of the most professional players at the club with his approach to training and applying what the coaches tell him, should get another go before too long.

lemmon
23-06-2013, 02:28 PM
Out: Dahlhaus, Boyd, Hrovat, Markovic (why was he even selected structurally? I don't recall him rucking, waste of space)

In: Wallis, Stevens, Dickson, Cordy

Few inside mids which I'm okay with this week, we can bully the dees. If ever we were going to crack in and destroy a midfield on the inside its this week

boydogs
23-06-2013, 02:37 PM

Reminded me of Jarrad Waite with his early jump and extended hands. Definite work in progress, but I can see him becoming a similar player.

In: Dickson, Stevens
Out: Markovic, Hrovat

Doc26
23-06-2013, 02:54 PM
Don't see this as the week to send blokes back to 'freshen up' or to gain some confidence. We've only recently come off a bye, it's Melbourne after all who aren't too much stronger than those going around in the VFL, and we should lock in some decent time for this new team to gel. I'm not a fan of Hrovat going in, out, in, out. Persevere and let him find his place. He can only learn from his mistakes by making them at this level.

I'm becoming less and less a fan of holding a place for all three of Picken, Lower and Boyd. Too many deficiencies and too predictable. Lower for mine is the weakest link being too slow outside of a contest.

Ins: Cordy, Stevens
Out: Markovic, Lower

Would start Gia and have Dahl as the. Sub..

Give Tory another week in the VFL.

bornadog
23-06-2013, 03:50 PM
Interesting reading these posts and other threads on people wanting to drop Boyd and Cooney. :rolleyes:

Typical supporters only see the bad stuff a player does and completely ignore all the good things.

The players under pressure from last night have to be Lower, Hrovat, Markovic, Dahl. I think the MC have completely stuffed up with Hrovat. They dropped him last week, yet kept him as an emergency, so he didn't play at Willi, then they bring him in this week. At his age he lacks game experience which showed last night.

I would love to drop more, but seems no one at Willi is knocking the door down.

Out: Hrovat, Markovic

In: Dickson, Cordy

F'scary
23-06-2013, 04:42 PM
Positional: Boyd to permanent forward pocket (you guess why!). Lower to HBF. Picken as tagging midfielder (he's got more class than Lower in that role).

Out: Goodes (he has become a butter fingered turnover merchant in recent games - needs to force his way back into the team from the reserves). In: Kobe Stevens

Out: Dahlhaus (out of form, not even the hair style can save his spot at the moment). In: Daniel's Piercings.

Out: Cooney (something's not right - he is playing like he is cooked). In Wallis.

Out: Markovic (not enough form for the seniors at the present time or possibly ever). In: Grant (I never thought I would write that, but then I saw Markovic play).

Therefore, Hrovat, Hunter play next week

If Jones is injured, Roughead to forward line and Marko gets a reprieve as FB.

Dickson & Cordy need a few games in the reserves as they are coming back from substantial layoffs.

Rocco Jones
23-06-2013, 04:50 PM
I feel for Dahl.

I know he is struggling but I see him as having the same issues as Jones. In a struggling side, alongside poor forwards (short term hopefully) and coping awful delivery. While our 'defensive' forwards or youngsters get run off, he cops the best small negating defender. He is starved of typical small forward opportunities and instead cops delivery that even quality talls would find difficult.

Hotdog60
23-06-2013, 04:53 PM
I feel for Dahl.

I know he is struggling but I see him as having the same issues as Jones. In a struggling side, alongside poor forwards (short term hopefully) and coping awful delivery. While our 'defensive' forwards or youngsters get run off, he cops the best small negating defender. He is starved of typical small forward opportunities and instead cops delivery that even quality talls would find difficult.

Good call, could we swap Dahl and Boyd?

boydogs
23-06-2013, 06:31 PM

Why? From reports, he played well & he is something we desperately need in the senior team

G-Mo77
23-06-2013, 06:58 PM
Why? From reports, he played well & he is something we desperately need in the senior team

It was his first game back in 8 - 9 weeks so it's a fair call to hold him back. Personally if he's right I'd rush him back, same with Cordy.

Remi Moses
23-06-2013, 07:08 PM
Personally wouldn't drop Hrovat after 1 game .
Gotta get Dahlhaus fit enough to play mid.

Rocco Jones
23-06-2013, 07:18 PM
Personally wouldn't drop Hrovat after 1 game .
Gotta get Dahlhaus fit enough to play mid.

Especially when we are playing the Dees.

For mine...
Out- Markovic, Picken
In- Cordy, Dickson

Bumper Bulldogs
23-06-2013, 07:23 PM
For me I would leave Dal & Goodes in he should be full of confidence after a Melbourne game running a muck!

Outs - Marovic & Hrovat

Ins - Dickson & Wallis

I would leave Cordy to force his way back not get a walk up start.

Nuggety Back Pocket
23-06-2013, 08:26 PM
Don't see this as the week to send blokes back to 'freshen up' or to gain some confidence. We've only recently come off a bye, it's Melbourne after all who aren't too much stronger than those going around in the VFL, and we should lock in some decent time for this new team to gel. I'm not a fan of Hrovat going in, out, in, out. Persevere and let him find his place. He can only learn from his mistakes by making them at this level.

I'm becoming less and less a fan of holding a place for all three of Picken, Lower and Boyd. Too many deficiencies and too predictable. Lower for mine is the weakest link being too slow outside of a contest.

Ins: Cordy, Stevens
Out: Markovic, Lower

Would start Gia and have Dahl as the. Sub..

I like your thoughts on Gia and Dahl but disagree on not recalling Dickson who would add something in lifting a poor attack, which will not improve whilst Jones and Stringer remain our only two key forwards of reasonable quality. Cordy doesn't deserve to be promoted. We need to bite the bullet and move Roughy to play mainly as a forward and as a second string ruckman to Minson who needs support in the ruck. I also do not think that we can afford to play both Hunter and Hrovat in the one side and therefore would leave out Hrovat who has plenty of time to develop. I would retain Markovic to become our second tall defender with Talia. I agree with your sentiments on Lower whose lack of pace is becoming a problem. Cooney is lucky to retain his place. Young has been a big loss from our defence with Cooney looking very shaky in defence.
In. Stevens and Dickson
Out. Hrovat and Lower

The Bulldogs Bite
23-06-2013, 08:43 PM
Shouldn't drop any of our kids, particularly given we are playing Melbourne. I would be pretty disappointed if Hrovat was dropped.

Dickson has had 2 games hasn't he?

I really don't rate Cordy, but structurally, he may help Jones and he probably offers more than Markovic.

IN: Dickson, Cordy, Stevens
OUT: Dahlhaus, Markovic, Boyd/Picken/Lower

westdog54
23-06-2013, 10:03 PM
I'm tempted to find a spot for Cross but given Boyd's constant turnovers it's hard to add him.

Bad Call IMO. Cross may be not elite by foot (Heck, he's not even very good by foot), but he's disciplined with his decision making, which Boyd is not.

The Doctor
23-06-2013, 10:20 PM
Why the calls for Cordy? What has he done to earn selection?

My only changes would be

In: Stevens, Wallis

Out: Markovic and one of Picken/Lower

I'd like another forward but who is demanding a game?

lemmon
23-06-2013, 10:29 PM

My only changes would be

In: Stevens, Wallis

I'd like another forward but who is demanding a game?

I had him in purely because I think Will needs a chopout and there is no one else who seems remotely capable of 5 minutes in the ruck and the rest as a key forward.

LostDoggy
23-06-2013, 10:39 PM
In: Stevens, Wallis, Dickson,
Out: Hrovat, Picken/Lower, Markovic.

Cordy is a maybe for me, think he needs one more week in the vfl.
Prefer Dickson up forward to Markovic in spite of losing height.
Roughy and Jones to give a chop out in the ruck if need be.

craigsahibee
24-06-2013, 01:40 PM

Good citizen.

G-Mo77
24-06-2013, 02:03 PM

Kind of a default for me. I don't think we can drop Markovic without bringing in someone to help out Will, who might I add is starting to look a bit tired over the last couple of weeks. If Cordy is right to go then I'd bring him in straight in for Marko. We may be able to get away with it this week though as it looks like Melbourne's ruck stocks will be a little thin with a possible suspension.

Ozza
24-06-2013, 02:39 PM
Out: Markovic, Lower, Hrovat
In: Wallis, Stevens, Dickson

We don't have the cattle available to be dropping the likes of Dahlhaus. He still gets the best small defender every week...hopefully this week he and Jones can get on the scoreboard a bit.

Depending on Melbourne's set up - there may be opportunities duiring the game to push Roughead forward - which they should have done on Saturday night - second half. Should have switched for Marko.

mjp
24-06-2013, 03:21 PM

Markovic? Don't really care but why we need two taggers has had been baffled for a very long time now. Please can we make a call here?

1eyedog
24-06-2013, 04:27 PM
Out: Markovic, Lower, Hrovat, Goodes
In: Grant, Wallis, Dickson, Stevens

ReLoad
24-06-2013, 08:36 PM
I see ZERO value in bringing Grant in, he's a turnip, and even if he did kick 13 goals in the game its only against melbourne, so its worthless.

So being that rather unsurpring piece of information:

Out: Dahl, Picken and Boyd.
In: Dickson, Wallis and Stevens.

1eyedog
24-06-2013, 09:22 PM
Markovic's a ............. (this space used to say beetroot but has now been left blank).

Let's call it tossed vegetables then. I'm after a different flavour.

Looks like Goodes is injured.

bornadog
24-06-2013, 09:31 PM
I see ZERO value in bringing Grant in, he's a turnip, and even if he did kick 13 goals in the game its only against melbourne, so its worthless.

So being that rather unsurpring piece of information:

Out: Dahl, Picken and Boyd.
In: Dickson, Wallis and Stevens.

Maybe a wish list but won't happen

Ghost Dog
24-06-2013, 10:03 PM
Markovic's a beetroot.

Let's call it tossed vegetables then. I'm after a different flavour.

Looks like Goodes is injured.

Come on. Don't eat your own. If you are going to criticism someone, and we all do it often, be constructive. Mods?

1eyedog
24-06-2013, 10:08 PM
Come on. Don't eat your own. If you are going to criticism someone, and we all do it often, be constructive. Mods?

What about the Grant's a turnip comment above it? It was in context GD.

I'm happy to retract my comment. I thought Marko started well on Astbury but he quickly faded. I don't think Marko should play again this season.

bornadog
24-06-2013, 11:14 PM
I don't think Marko should play again this season.

I am not a fan of Marko, but trying to make him into a forward is one the Coach has got completely wrong. This has been totally unfair to Marko an he has no chance to redeem himself.

LostDoggy
25-06-2013, 01:48 AM

Does this mean I can't call anyone a "spud" anymore???? Because it is pretty much my favourite word.

The Pie Man
25-06-2013, 09:38 AM
I am not a fan of Marko, but trying to make him into a forward is one the Coach has got completely wrong. This has been totally unfair to Marko an he has no chance to redeem himself.

I look at it another way - after the North game, it was probably the only way he could justify a spot.

It hasn't worked (at least from our perspective....funny, he still gets picked though) but I won't hang BMac for trying that one.

bornadog
25-06-2013, 09:42 AM
I look at it another way - after the North game, it was probably the only way he could justify a spot.

It hasn't worked (at least from our perspective....funny, he still gets picked though) but I won't hang BMac for trying that one.

No one is hanging BMac, but how he got a gig this week after only touching the ball 5 times against Collingwood, the question needs to be asked. He was lucky against North. It didn't work against Collingwood, so lets stop the experiment. If we have to play him, it has to be in the backline. Against Richmond, we should have swapped him with Roughead we were getting thrashed and Bmac made no moves.

1eyedog
25-06-2013, 09:43 AM

Agreed. It was the three 'very unconvincing' goals that did it.

Sedat
25-06-2013, 10:27 AM

Agreed. Ruck relief and part time key forward was worth a shot for Markovic with Cordy out injured. Anything to take him away from the backline in our senior team.

With the experiment having failed, it's time to say goodbye to Marko from our senior list.

G-Mo77
25-06-2013, 11:58 AM
Goodes is a chance to miss this week. With Young now available does he come straight back into the team? Has he done enough to be a walk up start. Roberts also available. I'd love to see him get a crack soon.

1eyedog
25-06-2013, 11:59 AM
Agreed. Ruck relief and part time key forward was worth a shot for Markovic with Cordy out injured. Anything to take him away from the backline in our senior team.

With the experiment having failed, it's time to say goodbye to Marko from our senior list.

But surely the MC know each players strengths and limitations - especially one that has been on the list for a number of years. I'm a bit baffled that the MC thought this might work to be honest. With Williams and Cordy down I don't know why we didn't just move Roughie forward for a month so we still had a big body next to Jones and play Talia at CHB and Morris at FB. It makes for a very short back half I know but those two players should be able to break even against middle of the road teams.

IMHO I'm not sure if we really even needed Jones to have a chop out by putting another big body down there - a better ploy may have been to go small up forward and allow Jones to affect an aerial contest.

The Bulldogs Bite
25-06-2013, 04:07 PM
No one is hanging BMac, but how he got a gig this week after only touching the ball 5 times against Collingwood, the question needs to be asked. He was lucky against North. It didn't work against Collingwood, so lets stop the experiment. If we have to play him, it has to be in the backline. Against Richmond, we should have swapped him with Roughead we were getting thrashed and Bmac made no moves.

Markovic should only play in the backline if it's for Williamstown seconds.

The experiment was worth a shot, it hasn't worked, let's move on. This is coming from one of Markovic's harshest judges ;)

LostDoggy
25-06-2013, 04:14 PM
Marko kicked 2 goals against Gold coast the week after the north game too, they probably wouldn't have persevered with him if he didn't perform in the role two weeks in a row.

chef
25-06-2013, 06:10 PM
Goodes is a chance to miss this week. With Young now available does he come straight back into the team? Has he done enough to be a walk up start. Roberts also available. I'd love to see him get a crack soon.

I'd have Young as a walk up start.

Ghost Dog
25-06-2013, 06:31 PM
What about the Grant's a turnip comment above it? It was in context GD.

I'm happy to retract my comment. I thought Marko started well on Astbury but he quickly faded. I don't think Marko should play again this season.

Calling our own players names might be fun, but it doesn't add much to the debate.
Markovic's problem is he often doesn't get involved in games, unless things fall his way. The goals he got earlier in the season pretty much fell on a plate. Needs to find a way to impact the contest IMO. Just not getting enough from him.

Nuggety Back Pocket
25-06-2013, 09:25 PM
I'd have Young as a walk up start.

Agree on Young to come straight back. His form was excellent before the injury and has probably been the pick of our new recruits this year.

LostDoggy
27-06-2013, 09:11 PM
We look a bit light on in defence without young and goodes
Smith and lower as defenders
probably Murf has to go back

kruder
27-06-2013, 09:43 PM
Wish they gave Roberts the same opportunity as Cordy. Cordy very lucky to be on the list let alone the team. IMO Marko has shown more than Cordy.Just shows how awful our forward prospects are.

soupman
27-06-2013, 09:50 PM
Wish they gave Roberts the same opportunity as Cordy. Cordy very lucky to be on the list let alone the team. IMO Marko has shown more than Cordy.Just shows how awful our forward prospects are.

TBF Roberts has been fit for about 3 weeks in the middle of the season.

LostDoggy
27-06-2013, 10:00 PM
TBF Roberts has been fit for about 3 weeks in the middle of the season.

With Kruders point though, so has Cordy.

soupman
27-06-2013, 10:09 PM
With Kruders point though, so has Cordy.

Yep, but he was fit going into the season, and he gets in by default now because the alternative is Campbell or Markovic.

Roberts only returned from injury about 5 rounds in, and was pressing for selection after our win IIRC, then went sick.

Remi Moses
27-06-2013, 10:23 PM
Cordy hasn't deserved a game, but with Williams the only better forward option he gets a gig.
Time for Cordy to at least show a glimpse !