PDA

View Full Version : Three Things I've Learned - Round 13 Edition

GVGjr
22-06-2013, 05:11 PM
You should all know the drill by now, fire away with the 3 things you have learned by watching tonights game against Richmond.

westdog54
22-06-2013, 11:12 PM
That was bloody painful to watch, but anyhow:

People need to get off Clay Smith's back.
Gia should coach the VFL team next year.
With the execution we provide I'd hate to be Brendan McCartney

Ghost Dog
22-06-2013, 11:17 PM
1. We need to handball. Kicking is banned, except for goal shots. And if we were allowed to handball for goal, I would advise that as well.

2. If I was a coach, I'd be dirty at our senior group. The kids looked more composed.

3. Tigers are ok, but will be beaten up by decent sides.

LostDoggy
22-06-2013, 11:37 PM
1. Our defensive gameplan from kick-ins has to be the worst in the league.
2. Our kids are great, but our gap between the last three drafts and the seniors is massive
3. At the draft it must be composure and elite kicking skills

lemmon
22-06-2013, 11:41 PM
1. Its bloody cold
2. Macrae is a very nice accumulator, his disposal isn't as damaging as I thought though
3. Sad to say it but Dahl may have been a flash in the pan, needs a spell in the twos

Remi Moses
22-06-2013, 11:43 PM
3. To many of our players get sucked into the contest. When the opponent gets it we then get smashed on the outside.
2. Young kids are very good. Couldn't sustain it after half time.
1. Richmond's down hill skiing will get nowhere in finals.
7 tackles until half time.

Sedat
23-06-2013, 12:00 AM
1. We have the worst collective midfield in the competition at running defensively with intent
2. We are also one of the worst teams in the comp at keeping the ball locked in our forward 50
3. Griffen is so onviously our next captain

JamesInCanberra
23-06-2013, 12:09 AM
1. Six clangers from a two hundred game player and captain in one night is inexcusable.
2. Adam Cooney is not right again.
3. With consistant service and bit of help Jake Stringer can be a difference maker.

GVGjr
23-06-2013, 01:01 AM
1 - We just cant clear the ball from our kick ins
2 - The constant fumbling of the ball is a blight on our game
3 - We are a mile off the better sides

G-Mo77
23-06-2013, 01:17 AM
Macrae is going to be very good.
Skill level looks worse. So much fumbling tonight as well as our usual disposal errors.
Richmond will find out the hard way what finals football is.

LostDoggy
23-06-2013, 09:12 AM
Macrae is going to be very good.

Shame you haven't been onboard earlier G-Mo?
Yeah he can play that kid, I'll throw it out there he'll probably the best #11 since Tony McGuinness.

Pickenitup
23-06-2013, 09:19 AM
1.Ryan Griffen just keeps getting better clearly a cut above from everyone else on the ground.
2.Griff will be our Captain next year
3.Jake Stringer will be our Jonathan Brown from Next year Geez I love this kid!

The Doctor
23-06-2013, 09:29 AM
1. Hunter will be a player
2. Talia will be a player
3. Gia should be captain

G-Mo77
23-06-2013, 10:16 AM
Shame you haven't been onboard earlier G-Mo?
Yeah he can play that kid, I'll throw it out there he'll probably the best #11 since Tony McGuinness.

I wouldn't say I haven't been onboard i just didn't know enough about the kids history. I did think is weight could be an issue though but it doesn't seem to hamper him much as he seems pretty fearless. He's been rock solid over the last month and imagine what he'll be like with a few more pre seasons.

KT31
23-06-2013, 11:03 AM
1. My oldest Pup's first man crush with Griff is so warranted.
2. If we hold onto these kid's our future doesn't look so dim.
3.I will have to put up with vocal Tigers supporters all week.

Eastdog
23-06-2013, 01:10 PM
1. We have some exciting youngsters for the future
2. Our skill level - one of the worst in the AFL
3. It was a very cold night

ratsmac
23-06-2013, 02:30 PM
1. Our skill errors were very costly. We seemed to be fumbling with minimal pressure.
2. We really need to some set plays that actually are effective from our kick ins. (or existing our back fifty for that matter)
3. Dahlhaus needs to get back to what got him a game in the first place. Needs to earn his spot.

Chicago1
23-06-2013, 02:35 PM
1. I was right about not staying/getting up for a 4.40am start here.
2. I hate Richmond even more now.
3. It's was pretty hot and humid today, but I'll take it over winter any day.

LostDoggy
23-06-2013, 03:41 PM
1. Boyd must play that defensive role for the rest of his career.

2. If Gia retires at the end of the season he should coach the VFL side next year.

3. We will look back on the Class of 2012 as being better than the Class of 1999.

always right
23-06-2013, 03:58 PM
Cooney is cooked
Hunter has the poise to make it
Big Will is Maric's bitch.......perhaps a little harsh but he struggles with the big mullet

Ghost Dog
23-06-2013, 04:05 PM
Cooney is cooked
Hunter has the poise to make it
Big Will is Maric's bitch.......perhaps a little harsh but he struggles with the big mullet

I thought Will broke even last night in terms of the ruck. Am I wrong?

bornadog
23-06-2013, 04:07 PM

Really, I must have gone to a different game. Will 39 hitouts, Maric 22, disposals even, Will more tackles, marks the same.

bornadog
23-06-2013, 04:08 PM
1. Macrae

2. Talia

3. Stringer

Exciting future.

always right
23-06-2013, 04:09 PM
I thought Will broke even last night in terms of the ruck. Am I wrong?

I think if you watch the first quarter and a half back.....you'll see what an influence Maric had. He absolutely pantsed Will although to his credit Will fought back. Lowered his colours to Maric on the night...not for the first time.

always right
23-06-2013, 04:12 PM
Really, I must have gone to a different game. Will 39 hitouts, Maric 22, disposals even, Will more tackles, marks the same.

I don't get too hung up on stats. To my eyes Will had very little influence on the game whereas Maric was huge in the first half although Will fought back to his credit from midway through the second quarter.

LostDoggy
23-06-2013, 04:35 PM
1. Macrae

2. Talia

3. Stringer

Exciting future.

Add J.J to that list for me too, please BAD. I think he's going to be a better version of Harbrow running out of that backline. Likening the sneaky shots at goal lately too.

ratsmac
23-06-2013, 05:20 PM

I agree. Will wasn't outstanding by any means but nor was Maric. I thought neither of the two influenced the game very much.

bornadog
23-06-2013, 05:37 PM
Add J.J to that list for me too, please BAD. I think he's going to be a better version of Harbrow running out of that backline. Likening the sneaky shots at goal lately too.

Yes agreed, forgot to put him in as one of the exciting young players.

gohardorgohome
23-06-2013, 06:53 PM
Its been a hectic year for local footy and junior footy so It was my first live game this year. I might sound like caption obvious

1. Love the look of this year's draftees. I knew Stringer, Macrae and Hrovat would be good players but Hunter also has a lot of talent that I'd love to see develop.

2. We need to heavily invest in kicking development. Biomechanists, video analysis teaching. I think getting kicking right is just as important as having an elite fitness coach.

3. I can only foresee Will Minson and Ryan Griffen as the only Bulldogs players with finals experience ( at our club) when we next play in a final... (I hope Cooney, Picken, Williams and Bob Murphy prove me wrong)

Ghost Dog
23-06-2013, 06:58 PM
Tigers pressure was excellent last night. So that can account for some turnovers.
But coming out of defence, and into the 50, we lack poise, and if infects the team.
Luke Dahlhaus missing one from 20 out. That's the mindset that starts to infect the group.

Um - Did Goodes duck the contest last night on marking the ball? Push up king seemed to think so. What a little pest.

Hotdog60
23-06-2013, 07:48 PM
Tigers pressure was excellent last night. So that can account for some turnovers.
But coming out of defence, and into the 50, we lack poise, and if infects the team.
Luke Dahlhaus missing one from 20 out. That's the mindset that starts to infect the group.

Um - Did Goodes duck the contest last night on marking the ball? Push up king seemed to think so. What a little pest.

I don't think he ducked, he just fumbled a sitter and King got in his face about it and insinuated that he ducked because of him.

westdog54
23-06-2013, 09:53 PM
I don't think he ducked, he just fumbled a sitter and King got in his face about it and insinuated that he ducked because of him.

Definitely didn't duck the head, very poor fumble. But at the end of the day you just can't give Jake King an opportunity to get inside your head. A few got sucked in last night.

Sedat
23-06-2013, 10:09 PM
Really? Richmond laid 12 tackles in the entire 1st half and 39 for the whole game. Their tackling pressure was almost non-existent, so it was a major surprise to hear BMac talking up Richmond's defensive pressure last night.

lemmon
23-06-2013, 10:12 PM
Really? Richmond laid 12 tackles in the entire 1st half and 39 for the whole game. Their tackling pressure was almost non-existent, so it was a major surprise to hear BMac talking up Richmond's defensive pressure last night.

Thought the same, nearly fell off my chair when Damian Hardwick talked about how good our defensive pressure was particularly early. Must have been watching a different game, both sides guilty of playing bruise free footy.

1eyedog
23-06-2013, 10:22 PM

They guarded space very well and applied considerable perceived pressure. We fumbled when we weren't hot time and time again. Part of this was a product of our skill level but the Tigers forced it as well.

LostDoggy
24-06-2013, 01:21 AM
Learnt nothing. Played out as I expected.