PDA

View Full Version : Bankers and Anchors - Round 13

GVGjr
22-06-2013, 05:12 PM
This is the round 12 edition of the Weekly Bankers and Anchors Thread.

Please post your nominations for:

The Bankers = 3 players that we banked on to do the right thing during the game

The Anchors = 3 players that weighed us down by their errors or poor play

Please limit it to no more than three of each, but feel free to make honourable/dishonourable mentions. As usual try to make it constructive criticism.

The thread is named in honour of a popular WOOF Contributor, The Banker, who passed away on 22/04/2012 after a six month battle with cancer.

westdog54
22-06-2013, 11:19 PM
Bankers

Griffen. I won't even try to find the words to describe how good this bloke is.
Smith. At times he and Griff seemed to be the only ones playing.
Hunter. Great debut from the Kid. Seems to know where the ball is going to go. Some work in front of him but loved what I saw.

Anchors.

Markovic. He's so far of AFL standard its ridiculous.
Boyd. Yeah, another 30+ touches but he's still a turnover merchant. Almost threw my laptop across the loungeroom in the last quarter.
Goodes. As far as I'm concerned he hasn't earned a promotion to the senior list for next year.

Ghost Dog
22-06-2013, 11:24 PM
Bankers
- Agreed, hunter.
- Stringer - did some nice things and is our only dangerous forward.

Anchors
- Boyd, second poor game in a row, and turning it over rather predictably. Think the commentators really let him off the hook. If any other captain in the AFL turned it over as much as he does, the din would be palpable.
- Marko - added nothing
Senior group as a whole - gave away some stupid frees.

Remi Moses
23-06-2013, 12:06 AM
Bankers-
Hunter ( touch of the Luke power's about him, early I know)
Stringer ( when he gets fitter he'll be a handful
Morris( great job on that prima dona)
Griff ( again)
Anchors Markovic ( just not up to it)
Boyd's turnovers
Goodes ( terrible below his knees, turns it over often)

G-Mo77
23-06-2013, 12:59 AM
Bankers

Griffen again. Should just have him as an auto response.

Clay Smith did a lot of good thing tonight. Especially early on, absolute animal in contested situations..

Boyd. OK lets take away his turnovers and he played a great negating game on Cotchin today.

Notable mention to Houli for his falcon in the 4th. Great stuff. :D

Anchors

Boyd. You've got to try and kick the ball less.

Umpires. Throwing the ball is allowed now?

Richmond and their fans. They'll play in one final this year, can't wait to see it!

Ghost Dog
23-06-2013, 11:02 AM
Bankers

Griffen again. Should just have him as an auto response.

Clay Smith did a lot of good thing tonight. Especially early on, absolute animal in contested situations..

Boyd. OK lets take away his turnovers and he played a great negating game on Cotchin today.

Notable mention to Houli for his falcon in the 4th. Great stuff. :D

Anchors

Umpires. Throwing the ball is allowed now?

Richmond and their fans. They'll play in one final this year, can't wait to see it!

Cotchin was injured you realize.

Even Richmond fans admit the last part. Basher Houli throws the ball better than anyone in the AFL. Shi%s me to tears.

SlimPickens
23-06-2013, 11:44 AM
Bankers
Hunter- looked very comfortable at the level. Probably should of kicked 3 but a good debut nevertheless.

Stringer- wants to be the man, demands the ball and invariably takes it upon himself to get an outcome.

Macrae- really am enjoying watching this kid play at the moment.

Anchors-
Boyd- the way he played tonight is what I expect going to the footy each week now. Until someone makes a call on him, well just have to put up with it.

Dealing with the spread- our players simply didnt work hard enough to contain the way Richmond want to play.

Richmond supporters- as I'm leaving the ground last night a female tiger fan who I didn't not know runs up puts her arm around me and asks what ill be doing in September? My reply "the same thing you guys have been doing for the last 30 years", at which point she abuses the shit out of me. Class act (I was with a Richmond supporter mate who was mortified)

Twodogs
23-06-2013, 11:59 AM
Richmond supporters- as I'm leaving the ground last night a female tiger fan who I didn't not know runs up puts her arm around me and asks what ill be doing in September? My reply "the same thing you guys have been doing for the last 30 years", at which point she abuses the shit out of me. Class act (I was with a Richmond supporter mate who was mortified)

I was speaking to a Richmond supporter last night. I said to him/her/it that I had been to see Richmond in two AFL (VFL) Grand Finals but had never seen my team play in even one.

Doc26
23-06-2013, 12:32 PM

The lack of empathy is astonishing and coming from the only team yet to have beaten The Gold Coast Suns.

ratsmac
23-06-2013, 02:53 PM
BANKERS

1. Griffen - another first class performance
2. Macrae - finds space where there isn't any and runs to the right spots.
3. Smith - his hardness around the football is exactly what we need.

ANCHORS

1. Dahlhaus - needs to get involved a lot more. Maybe needs a spell at Willi to get his confidence back.
2. Markovic - I can't see what he provides the team. He is a defender at best and he struggles to do that at the top level.
3. Boyd - a bit harsh to put him in the anchors after getting so much ball and laying 9 tackles but he is the captain and more is expected. Turnovers - I say no more.

LostDoggy
24-06-2013, 12:50 AM
Bankers:
Same as previous posters — Griff, Stringer, Macrae, Smith, good debut from Hunter

Anchors:
Just saw AFL stats claim Boyd had a 76% disposal efficiency. Damn. I missed 75% of his disposals then.
Cooney looked like he just didn't give a shit.
Richmond fans booing and abusing the ump whilst 60 points up with a minute to go.

Ozza
24-06-2013, 10:13 AM
Bankers;

Griffen obviously
Macrae - poise well beyond his years.
Hunter - great debut

Anchors:

Boyd - he just killed us with his disposal.
Markovic - pointless playing him.
Lower - pointless playing him - what was he even doing out there?

LostDoggy
24-06-2013, 12:04 PM
Bankers;
Markovic - pointless playing him.

BANKERS
2. Markovic - I can't see what he provides the team. He is a defender at best and he struggles to do that at the top level.

Couldn't fault Markovic much myself. Competed much better than I expected, thought there was worse out there.

Bankers

Individual performances by those already mentioned

Anchors

Matthew Clanger Boyd (enough is enough captain)
The overall team performance, no bite, no bark, no nothing.

Remi Moses
24-06-2013, 05:12 PM
Bankers
Hunter- looked very comfortable at the level. Probably should of kicked 3 but a good debut nevertheless.

Stringer- wants to be the man, demands the ball and invariably takes it upon himself to get an outcome.

Macrae- really am enjoying watching this kid play at the moment.

Anchors-
Boyd- the way he played tonight is what I expect going to the footy each week now. Until someone makes a call on him, well just have to put up with it.

Dealing with the spread- our players simply didnt work hard enough to contain the way Richmond want to play.

Hmm Fitzroy have tasted more finals action in the last 30 years:p

The Underdog
24-06-2013, 05:42 PM
Bankers

They're Collingwood supporters minus the success

LostDoggy
25-06-2013, 02:24 AM
Anchors

Anchors-

ANCHORS
3. Boyd - a bit harsh to put him in the anchors after getting so much ball and laying 9 tackles but he is the captain and more is expected. Turnovers - I say no more.

Anchors:
Boyd - he just killed us with his disposal.

Anchors
Matthew Clanger Boyd (enough is enough captain)

Agree with above, but interested to see him named as best player in the paper today????

Remi Moses
25-06-2013, 02:56 AM
Unfortunately BJ I reckon some journos check super coach dream team stats.
Boyd wasn't one of our bests, but he wasn't terrible either.
His clangers just look bloody awful, and that 1 step hook bomb into the 50 is infuriating .
Seems to me he wants no responsibility when he gets the ball.

LostDoggy
25-06-2013, 09:37 AM
Probably looked at the top disposals for each team and went yep Boyd was one of the best.

whythelongface
25-06-2013, 12:25 PM
Bankers:

Hunter - looks composed. Great addition to the side;
Roughead - took some really good contested marks - still has a lot to learn but is developing nicely
Griffen - our best players by a country mile

Anchors:

Boyd - turnovers - particularly the one in our defensive 50 that he kicked straight to Richmond
Midfield defensive pressure - do we have any? Richmond were continually running riot and creating space;
Marko and Picken - time for a rest.