PDA

View Full Version : Finish the sentence... If we get beaten by Melbourne...

bulldogtragic
24-06-2013, 11:26 AM
..... I'd cry in the foetal position for a week

(..... I'd be shocked to my core)

bornadog
24-06-2013, 11:28 AM
I wouldn't be surprised :eek:

1eyedog
24-06-2013, 11:45 AM
I'd send a personal letter to Macca via email and also put one in the classified of the Hun saying that the senior players who let us down must play at Williamstown the following week.

LostDoggy
24-06-2013, 11:48 AM
I will move out of my sharehouse. My Demon supporting housemate already thinks the dees will get a flag before us (in denial about how bad they really are)

chef
24-06-2013, 12:07 PM
....Its not that big of a deal as we're in the middle of a major rebuild(I'll still be pissed though).

And

.....I might avoid WOOF for a while as the sky will be falling.

Twodogs
24-06-2013, 12:14 PM
I'd be pretty annoyed for a while but then get back in harness and just trundle along the next week.

KT31
24-06-2013, 12:27 PM
be even happier to I'm out of the country for a couple of weeks.

LostDoggy
24-06-2013, 12:29 PM
be even happier to I'm out of the country for a couple of weeks.

Convenient week to be away :)

azabob
24-06-2013, 12:31 PM
I will move out of my sharehouse. My Demon supporting housemate already thinks the dees will get a flag before us (in denial about how bad they really are)

Odds are they will get a flag before us....

LostDoggy
24-06-2013, 12:32 PM
Odds are they will get a flag before us....

Don't want to derail a thread but unlike them we aren't in a rebuild of a rebuild. ;)

lemmon
24-06-2013, 12:57 PM
This is my last game before six months in Europe...

LostDoggy
24-06-2013, 12:58 PM
.... it'd bring us one loss closer to a better draft pick, and why not, as other teams cheat and get rewarded, so why not us?

Cyberdoggie
24-06-2013, 01:02 PM
This is my last game before six months in Europe...

You obviously didn't think we'd make the finals this year!
such a pessimist! :p

craigsahibee
24-06-2013, 01:25 PM
some tough decisions will need to be made by the Match Committee.

lemmon
24-06-2013, 01:27 PM
You obviously didn't think we'd make the finals this year!
such a pessimist! :p

Haha I'm off to the Ashes so I can't be that bad! :D

bornadog
24-06-2013, 01:35 PM

more misery to endure :D

Doc26
24-06-2013, 01:36 PM
we get their gifted priority pick.

craigsahibee
24-06-2013, 01:37 PM

Have you ever coached a cricket team before? Now's your chance.

lemmon
24-06-2013, 01:39 PM
Have you ever coached a cricket team before? Now's your chance.

Updating my resume as we speak...

GVGjr
24-06-2013, 01:50 PM
GVGjr PP stance will be justified.

mighty_west
24-06-2013, 01:54 PM
I'd punch myself in the face for being woken up from a nightmare.

Daughter of the West
24-06-2013, 02:05 PM
I will sulk for a week. A proper, all encompassing, bottle lip sticking out and not talking to anyone for a week style sulk.

BulldogBelle
24-06-2013, 02:23 PM
..I will celebrate our victory in the priority pick cup.

Remi Moses
24-06-2013, 02:30 PM
..I will celebrate our victory in the priority pick cup.

This^^
Hopefully put paid to this farcical priority pick for Melb !

F'scary
24-06-2013, 03:05 PM
If we get beaten by Melbourne, that would be evidence for tanking.

DragzLS1
24-06-2013, 03:08 PM
Will probably sit there crying until I waik up and realise it was all just a dream, then remember us smashing them by 38 points.

bulldogtragic
24-06-2013, 03:29 PM
I will sulk for a week. A proper, all encompassing, bottle lip sticking out and not talking to anyone for a week style sulk.
Gold! :) :)

LostDoggy
24-06-2013, 03:29 PM
Get Tom Boyd's number on my guernsey.

Cyberdoggie
24-06-2013, 03:42 PM

Nice, you should bring your cricket gear along just in case.

whythelongface
24-06-2013, 03:48 PM
TBH I really don't want to think about this scenario.

bulldogsthru&thru
24-06-2013, 04:03 PM
If we get beaten by Melbourne, that would be evidence for tanking.

in which case we will be rewarded with another priority pick, some extra cash to go after the best coach available and some extra money just because.......oh wait i forgot, the AFL wants to discourage tanking right?? :rolleyes:

F'scary
24-06-2013, 05:04 PM
in which case we will be rewarded with another priority pick, some extra cash to go after the best coach available and some extra money just because.......oh wait i forgot, the AFL wants to discourage tanking right??

Correct! And they are brilliant at devising strategies to realise their stated goals, aren't they ;)

Nuggety Back Pocket
24-06-2013, 05:07 PM
in which case we will be rewarded with another priority pick, some extra cash to go after the best coach available and some extra money just because.......oh wait i forgot, the AFL wants to discourage tanking right??

The extra cash has already gone to GWS and Melbourne. In any case given the state of our list, I reckon your call for a new coach is a bit rich.

Max469
24-06-2013, 06:59 PM

Me neither. I mentioned this to a friend a few weeks ago.

Remi Moses
24-06-2013, 07:49 PM
The extra cash has already gone to GWS and Melbourne. In any case given the state of our list, I reckon your call for a new coach is a bit rich.

I think that's a coach for Melbourne.

LostDoggy
24-06-2013, 07:55 PM
Probably will cause an adverse Physical action.

anfo27
24-06-2013, 08:19 PM
we'll be one step closer to getting Thomas Boyd.

ReLoad
24-06-2013, 08:24 PM
I'll spew up.

LostDoggy
25-06-2013, 02:00 AM
....I'll go as far to say "we wont make the 8".

bornadog
25-06-2013, 09:49 AM
I'll spew up.

Just for fun:

BMY1uKMpiRI

Twodogs
25-06-2013, 03:53 PM
I'll spew up.

Pay that one.

I'm Not Bitter Anymore!
25-06-2013, 04:47 PM
I'll spew up.

Ditto

Dry Rot
25-06-2013, 07:46 PM
I'm not fussed. It's a rebuilding year, like the next two will be, and doesn't really matter.

However, the manner we lose might matter.

DOG GOD
25-06-2013, 08:24 PM
Razor blades will find vein

Ghost Dog
25-06-2013, 09:47 PM
Far out, anyone see the dive by Jack Watts? What an awful look.
We can't be beaten by these jokers. Come on boys. Pride.

The Bulldogs Bite
25-06-2013, 09:58 PM
... I wouldn't care.

Remi Moses
25-06-2013, 10:16 PM
Same here . Two ordinary teams going at it, lets be hinest

LostDoggy
26-06-2013, 09:34 AM
...it means our kicking efficiency reached an all time low, turnovers killed us and the skills coach needs to be shot or given more resources..

comrade
26-06-2013, 09:41 AM
At least that pathetic excuse for a Club won't get a priority pick.

LostDoggy
26-06-2013, 01:30 PM
At least that pathetic excuse for a Club won't get a priority pick.

Worth tanking for this alone.

Flamethrower
26-06-2013, 01:34 PM
Gia might take over as coach for the remainder of the season.

Remi Moses
27-06-2013, 12:47 AM
Gee he was impressive.

The Underdog
27-06-2013, 07:50 AM
We'll stlll have had a better week than Julia Gillard

LostDoggy
27-06-2013, 05:17 PM
Gillard to full forward next week

Chicago1
27-06-2013, 06:45 PM
... I'd get in contact with my credit card firm and tell them that my credit card had been stolen and I know nothing about the charges for a Western Bulldogs membership and Pet membership put on today. Never even heard of a rugby team like that.

But they'd probably find out that I'm a Chicago Cubs fan and would most likely choose another losing team like the Bulldogs to follow and then they'd put the charges through. :(

They just better not...

F'scary
27-06-2013, 06:46 PM
Gillard to full forward next week

Krudd captain-coach of the Dees.

Remi Moses
27-06-2013, 09:14 PM
Surely Stop the Boats could get involved with the Dockers.

bulldogtragic
29-06-2013, 10:04 PM
Is the bottom lip dropping?

The Underdog
29-06-2013, 10:10 PM

It's only an hour away...

LostDoggy
29-06-2013, 10:55 PM
Geeze. Lots of us will be busy this week executing commitments from this thread :)

FrediKanoute
29-06-2013, 10:58 PM
Sulk......I have already started.......

bornadog
29-06-2013, 11:28 PM

yep....:mad:

comrade
29-06-2013, 11:59 PM
If Melbourne gets a priority pick, so do we.

Yay.

Remi Moses
30-06-2013, 12:42 AM
There's no way known They'll get a priority pick !
We've now won 3 from 24

Sedat
30-06-2013, 12:44 AM
There's no way known They'll get a priority pick !
We've now won 3 from 24
But we haven't played any of the easy beats during that stretch. Just wait until we get to play the likes of Melbourne and Gold Coast....oh wait

Guido
30-06-2013, 12:57 AM
If Melbourne gets a priority pick, so do we.

Yay.
No, no, no, you obviously don't know how this will play out.

We'll finish the season half a game ahead of them.

The AFL will then of course rule that that half a game is clear proof that Melbourne is in desperate need of direct on-field assistance immediately, in the form of one of the top three 18 and under players in the country, as opposed to the Bulldogs, who are clearly on the right path and in no need of priority picks.

And with that priority pick that the ****ers are awarded, they'll select the player that, in 2020, sinks us with a goal after the siren with a checkside from 55 out on the boundary in a prelim final from a dodgiest free kick the code has seen in 40 years.

A year later it will come out that the umpire was paid $1mil by some underworld figure to influence the game.

The doggies. It can be painful.

bulldogtragic
30-06-2013, 12:59 AM

The AFL will then of course rule that that half a game is clear proof that Melbourne is in desperate need of direct on-field assistance immediately, and the Bulldogs are on the right path and in no need of priority picks.

And with that priority pick, they'll select the player that, in 2020, sinks us with a goal after the siren with a checkside from 55 out on the boundary in a prelim final from a dodgiest free kick the code has seen in 40 years.

A year later it will come out that the umpire was paid $1mil by some underworld figure to influence the game.

God we are a weary lot. But that's not all that far fetched... :)

Classic post Guido.

comrade
30-06-2013, 12:59 AM

The AFL will then of course rule that that half a game is clear proof that Melbourne is in desperate need of direct on-field assistance immediately, and the Bulldogs are on the right path and in no need of priority picks.

And with that priority pick, they'll select the player that, in 2020, sinks us with a goal after the siren with a checkside from 55 out on the boundary in a prelim final from a dodgiest free kick the code has seen in 40 years.

It almost writes itself, doesn't it?

bornadog
30-06-2013, 01:02 AM

The AFL will then of course rule that that half a game is clear proof that Melbourne is in desperate need of direct on-field assistance immediately, in the form of one of the top three 18 and under players in the country, as opposed to the Bulldogs, who are on the right path and clearly in no need of priority picks.

And with that priority pick that the ****ers are awarded, they'll select the player that, in 2020, sinks us with a goal after the siren with a checkside from 55 out on the boundary in a prelim final from a dodgiest free kick the code has seen in 40 years.

Half game will be next week

Topdog
30-06-2013, 02:35 AM
haha Guido that is brilliant.

I actually didnt even read this thread last week because I thought it was one of the silliest threads ever posted. As if we will lose to Melbourne.....

Remi Moses
30-06-2013, 02:42 AM
But we haven't played any of the easy beats during that stretch. Just wait until we get to play the likes of Melbourne and Gold Coast....oh wait

And GWS

Chicago1
30-06-2013, 02:44 AM
... I'd get in contact with my credit card firm and tell them that my credit card had been stolen and I know nothing about the charges for a Western Bulldogs membership and Pet membership put on today. Never even heard of a rugby team like that.

But they'd probably find out that I'm a Chicago Cubs fan and would most likely choose another losing team like the Bulldogs to follow and then they'd put the charges through. :(

They just better not...

My credit card company doesn't believe me. I could have used that money in Vegas. :(

ReLoad
30-06-2013, 08:07 AM
I'll spew up.

I did indeed vmit last night, my head also exploded, i have never seen a more inept team for 3/4 before in my life.

The Rhode Era has indeed returned.

Daughter of the West
30-06-2013, 12:43 PM

And the sulk is on in earnest :(

Pickenitup
30-06-2013, 03:00 PM
Guys just remember Port lost to GWS last year and look at how things have turned.
While im disappointed about last night and geez it was tough being at the game its not the end of the world we are such a young side most teams with 15 players under 50 games have issues with consistency and don't win the games they should win.

The wheel will turn lets all stick together cause we will get through this Cause We are Bulldogs through and through!

Ghost Dog
30-06-2013, 03:03 PM
Guys just remember Port lost to GWS last year and look at how things have turned.
While im disappointed about last night and geez it was tough being at the game its not the end of the world we are such a young side most teams with 15 players under 50 games have issues with consistency and don't win the games they should win.

The wheel will turn lets all stick together cause we will get through this Cause We are Bulldogs through and through!

But you do know what Port had to do in order to get things on track, don't you?

azabob
30-06-2013, 03:43 PM
But you do know what Port had to do in order to get things on track, don't you?

Wait for their core group of youngsters to mature and develop together?

Topdog
30-06-2013, 03:58 PM
and get a decent coach

azabob
30-06-2013, 03:59 PM
and get a decent coach

Who would you like to see in the hot seat next year?

LostDoggy
30-06-2013, 04:05 PM
I did indeed vmit last night, my head also exploded, i have never seen a more inept team for 3/4 before in my life.

The Rhode Era has indeed returned.

Unfortunately the situation is similar. McCartney only knows to focus on defence, hence he is suffocating the players natural attacking playing style. Peter Rhode also adopted a defensive game style, which the players struggled to understand (as expanded in Johnno's book)

Plus, if McCartney is such a good teacher, why are players struggling such as Howard, Grant, Tutt, Wallis etc.

bulldogtragic
30-06-2013, 04:40 PM
Unfortunately the situation is similar. McCartney only knows to focus on defence, hence he is suffocating the players natural attacking playing style. Peter Rhode also adopted a defensive game style, which the players struggled to understand (as expanded in Johnno's book)

Plus, if McCartney is such a good teacher, why are players struggling such as Howard, Grant, Tutt, Wallis etc.
All good questions Peter.

Remi Moses
30-06-2013, 04:48 PM
Honestly, without trying to sound like an apologist
Not every player is going to excel because the coach is a great teacher!
Just maybe Grant, (rocket couldn't get anything out of either)
Howard, and others are poor draft selections!
To say its another " Rohde era" is just complete short sighted silliness.
The list Rohde had was a heap more experienced and players in their prime than this bloke has.

bulldogtragic
30-06-2013, 04:53 PM
Honestly, without trying to sound like an apologist
Not every player is going to excel because the coach is a great teacher!
Just maybe Grant, (rocket couldn't get anything out of either)
Howard, and others are poor draft selections!
To say its another " Rohde era" is just complete short sighted silliness.
The list Rohde had was a heap more experienced and players in their prime than this bloke has.
Can you explain why/how BMac is a superior coach to Rhode?

Remi Moses
30-06-2013, 07:55 PM
Can you explain why/how BMac is a superior coach to Rhode?

Point is Rohde had a BETTER LIST than McCartney!
McCartney is starting from ground zero!
Is Rohde a better coach than Sheedy?
Sheedy , with The giants winless clearly can't coach!

Is McCartney good enough?? Time will tell for mine.
Please let's exude some patience as this going to take time.

Ghost Dog
30-06-2013, 08:01 PM
Wait for their core group of youngsters to mature and develop together?

Sacked their coach. Nothing will save ours if he builds up a record of losses against easy beats.

Twodogs
30-06-2013, 08:27 PM

How long though? It's been nearly 2 years now and not only have we have gone backwards in a lot of key areas, I'm struggling to think of any areas we have improved in.

The Bulldogs Bite
30-06-2013, 08:35 PM
I like McCartney's vision, but he's a poor match day coach and isn't helped by those around him.

As others have said, no improvement has been made.

I struggle to see how we can justify giving him another year unless we can find some proven senior support, but that seems unlikely.

azabob
30-06-2013, 08:52 PM
I like McCartney's vision, but he's a poor match day coach and isn't helped by those around him.

As others have said, no improvement has been made.

I struggle to see how we can justify giving him another year unless we can find some proven senior support, but that seems unlikely.

Another year in 2014 or let him coach in 2014?

GVGjr
30-06-2013, 08:53 PM

I think it was line ball. Rohde lost Grant to neck injury and his big addition in his first season was Scott Bassett.

Sedat
30-06-2013, 08:54 PM
This sentence perfectly encapsulates the BMac era to date. If he wants to see his vision come to fruition, he either needs to dramatically improve his own match-day performance or bite the bullet and bring in senior experienced heads to guide him on match days. Being surrounded by inexperience in the box is doing him or the club no favours at all, and it will end up being a brief and unfulfilled senior coaching career in about 12 months' time unless he addresses this issue.

NoParkingOnMatchDays
30-06-2013, 10:29 PM
What about Mark Thompson from the Bombers to help him. On shaky ground apparently and would complete the mini me Cats look just without the gun players and multiple flags.

Ghost Dog
30-06-2013, 10:36 PM
This sentence perfectly encapsulates the BMac era to date. If he wants to see his vision come to fruition, he either needs to dramatically improve his own match-day performance or bite the bullet and bring in senior experienced heads to guide him on match days. Being surrounded by inexperience in the box is doing him or the club no favours at all, and it will end up being a brief and unfulfilled senior coaching career in about 12 months' time unless he addresses this issue.

I don't see how we can lose, having more experience.

Topdog
01-07-2013, 01:10 AM
Who would you like to see in the hot seat next year?

Im kind of OK to see McCartney stay for the length of his contract. Was just fixing your statement. Ken Hinkley has been massive for Port.

Remi Moses
01-07-2013, 02:14 AM

I agree, he needs experienced assistants

Remi Moses
01-07-2013, 02:19 AM
I think it was line ball. Rohde lost Grant to neck injury and his big addition in his first season was Scott Bassett.

The crop of players we picked in 99 didn't show anything .
Gilbee nearly went to Sydney and you had West, Smith Johnno.
Darcy coming of stellar seasons.
The proof of Rohdes ineptness came in 05 with a rapid recovery.
The players ran their own show under Rohde

Remi Moses
01-07-2013, 02:21 AM
How long though? It's been nearly 2 years now and not only have we have gone backwards in a lot of key areas, I'm struggling to think of any areas we have improved in.

If we don't show any improvement in 14 he'll be under pressure.
I think they're having a go, but worryingly I can't see a game plan besides the obvious.