PDA

View Full Version : Taking a stand against turnoverism

bornadog
26-06-2013, 01:36 PM
By First Dog On The Moon (http://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/news/2013-06-26/dogs-cartoon-taking-a-stand-against-turnoverism)

http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa198/mmsalih/Round13DogsVTiges_Web_zpsf0867dc7.jpg (http://s202.photobucket.com/user/mmsalih/media/Round13DogsVTiges_Web_zpsf0867dc7.jpg.html)

bornadog
26-06-2013, 01:38 PM
One of the funnies yet.:D

Go_Dogs
26-06-2013, 01:46 PM
Nice work FDOTM, love it.

Throughandthrough
26-06-2013, 02:07 PM
Truly excellent, yet again.

I am voting for Susan albertis big hair all stars.

Ps fdotm, do the dogs sign off on your finished publication? Have they ever politely suggested a change in tone or content?

But as always, I love your work!

comrade
26-06-2013, 02:42 PM
Imagine if Huddo's beard and Susan's hair had a child. It could end hunger and secure world peace.

LostDoggy
26-06-2013, 03:25 PM
Think I enjoy these all the more when we lose. At least we get to laugh at ourselves and you don't spare anyone at the clubs feelings which I just love. Fine line; beautifully played. This is right up there with my favourites. GOOOOOOOOO Stringer!!!

Great work FDOTM :)

The Pie Man
26-06-2013, 04:39 PM
Ooh BT hate - I can endorse - referred to Hunter on Saturday as a 'good set shotter'

Daughter of the West
26-06-2013, 05:09 PM
Imagine if Huddo's beard and Susan's hair had a child. It could end hunger and secure world peace.

Mind. Totally. Blown.

Could you even begin to imagine???

And another great cartoon First Dog!

Twodogs
26-06-2013, 06:54 PM
It's a good night when you look up and Mal Speed is sitting next to you at the dinner table. It's better when he offers to make you a cuppa. I even gave him a special message to pass in to Shane Watson!

Throughandthrough
26-06-2013, 07:11 PM
Can I ask, why was Mal Speed there? Not saying he doesn't deserve to be there, just curious as to if he's employed by a sponsor or someone's mate

Ps bring him back!

firstdogonthemoon
26-06-2013, 11:15 PM
Can I ask, why was Mal Speed there? Not saying he doesn't deserve to be there, just curious as to if he's employed by a sponsor or someone's mate

Ps bring him back!

I think he is someone important at the Tigers. Had a yellow and black tie. Also he is Malcolm Speed.

firstdogonthemoon
26-06-2013, 11:19 PM
Truly excellent, yet again.

I am voting for Susan albertis big hair all stars.

Ps fdotm, do the dogs sign off on your finished publication? Have they ever politely suggested a change in tone or content?

But as always, I love your work!

I do run them past the people in comms just to make sure I'm not slandering anyone. One of the things I said when I agreed to do the cartoons was that I didn't want to make any work for anyone, didn't want to cause any controversy or trouble for the club, didn't want anyone to have to spend hours trying to fix things after i said something hilarious but problematic.

They have been great, they have made a few suggestions at times, mainly around not bagging people unnecessarily and not defaming people which is fair enough. It has worked so far!

Twodogs
26-06-2013, 11:27 PM

Ps bring him back!

I think he is someone important at the Tigers. Had a yellow and black tie. Also he is Malcolm Speed.

He's been spoken of as Richmond's next president. Well at least I've heard KB talking him up as a chance. There is speculation that Gary March is planning to stand down at the end of his season.

Throughandthrough
27-06-2013, 12:16 AM
I do run them past the people in comms just to make sure I'm not slandering anyone. One of the things I said when I agreed to do the cartoons was that I didn't want to make any work for anyone, didn't want to cause any controversy or trouble for the club, didn't want anyone to have to spend hours trying to fix things after i said something hilarious but problematic.

They have been great, they have made a few suggestions at times, mainly around not bagging people unnecessarily and not defaming people which is fair enough. It has worked so far!

Cheers. Long may it contInue!

SonofScray
27-06-2013, 02:30 AM

:D Only just though.

Enjoying your contributions to the Club's media FDOTM, I like that you as "one of us," has a voice in that formal, clinically corporate comms + media aspect to the Club (all professional Clubs, really).

Just makes things feel more authentic. The humour and absurdity we experience in the stands (and being a one eyed fan of anything IS absurd, and beautiful and glorious) reflected in an environment where you often get 'industry' language, spin and commentary that highlights the distance between the Pro's and us footballing proletariats.

Great fun.

craigsahibee
27-06-2013, 03:20 PM
Great stuff again FDOTM.

"Lots of the audience talked through the whole thing, football people can be so rude!"

This is one of my pet hates whether it be at a corporate function or in the Social Club at the footy. How people can not shut up and listen for 5 minutes is beyond me.

LostDoggy
27-06-2013, 03:43 PM
Great work... FDOTM, along with the 2012 draftees, is one of the best things about the club in 2013. Makes the "rebuild" more bearable.

A friend sent me a FDOTM cartoon a few years back following our bitterly narrow prelim loss to the Saints (originally published on crikey.com i think). It was genius and has lived on my office wall ever since.

Murphy'sLore
27-06-2013, 03:54 PM
Glad to see that your achievements have been formally acknowledged with a shout-out in Hansard, FD!

bornadog
27-06-2013, 04:13 PM
Great work... FDOTM, along with the 2012 draftees, is one of the best things about the club in 2013. Makes the "rebuild" more bearable.

A friend sent me a FDOTM cartoon a few years back following our bitterly narrow prelim loss to the Saints (originally published on crikey.com i think). It was genius and has lived on my office wall ever since.

welcome to WOOF BW.

LostDoggy
27-06-2013, 05:25 PM
welcome to WOOF BW.

Thanks - good to be here among the true believers.

Twodogs
27-06-2013, 06:32 PM
Glad to see that your achievements have been formally acknowledged with a shout-out in Hansard, FD!

Who said what ML?

firstdogonthemoon
28-06-2013, 09:24 AM
Thanks everyone you are all very nice.

And yes Tony Windsor is a fan of my stuff apparently - he is a lovely bloke - and he mentioned me in his valedictory. I GOT IN HANSARD!

LostDoggy
28-06-2013, 04:46 PM

:D Only just though.

Enjoying your contributions to the Club's media FDOTM, I like that you as "one of us," has a voice in that formal, clinically corporate comms + media aspect to the Club (all professional Clubs, really).

Just makes things feel more authentic. The humour and absurdity we experience in the stands (and being a one eyed fan of anything IS absurd, and beautiful and glorious) reflected in an environment where you often get 'industry' language, spin and commentary that highlights the distance between the Pro's and us footballing proletariats.

Great fun.

I “multi-quoted” your post, firstdog, but then as I scrolled down SonofScray said it all for me. Exactly my thoughts.

These cartoons are the best way to let go of a loss and take some perspective.