PDA

View Full Version : The Footy Show at the Whitten Oval

Eastdog
04-07-2013, 10:16 PM
I dont watch it but they are there right now to re create the infamous Gary Lyon strecther moment.

Remi Moses
04-07-2013, 11:19 PM
How do you know that if you don't watch it East?

Eastdog
04-07-2013, 11:20 PM
How do you know that if you don't watch it East?

Just read it somwhere the other day.

AndrewP6
04-07-2013, 11:34 PM
It's right, they did. I didn't watch it all, just bits and pieces. Nathan Brown was there with Billy Brownless. Dale Morris was interviewed, and said when he broke his leg, Garry rang him to tell him how he got back after a broken leg, and how good he was! Moz said it didn't work for him, as it took him 18 months.

LostDoggy
04-07-2013, 11:36 PM
Ha ha. Caught out!
.....you read it the other day that they are there right now? Hmmmmmmm.

AndrewP6
04-07-2013, 11:37 PM
Ha ha. Caught out!
.....you read it the other day that they are there right now? Hmmmmmmm.

They've been pumping it up for a week or two, trying to get people along.

The Doctor
04-07-2013, 11:42 PM
I was at the game Lyon broke his leg. The last game of the 1987 season. The winner would play off in the finals so long as the Hawks rolled the Cats. Lyon was stretchered off right in front of me and the pain he was in must have been excruciating.

We lost that game but it was one of the most exciting games I've ever seen. As Mark Lee, former Richmond ruckman, said just behind me "Game of the season"!

bornadog
04-07-2013, 11:44 PM
I was at the game Lyon broke his leg. The last game of the 1987 season. The winner would play off in the finals so long as the Hawks rolled the Cats. Lyon was stretchered off right in front of me and the pain he was in must have been excruciating.

We lost that game but it was one of the most exciting games I've ever seen. As Mark Lee, former Richmond ruckman, said just behind me "Game of the season"!

I was there as well and really pissed off. I was with a Melbourne supporter who was pretty ecstatic.

LostDoggy
04-07-2013, 11:46 PM
They've been pumping it up for a week or two, trying to get people along.

I don't doubt they are.
I just liked how ED articulated his posts. It read like a back pedal. I'm sure it wasn't though:cool:

The Doctor
05-07-2013, 12:05 AM
I was there as well and really pissed off. I was with a Melbourne supporter who was pretty ecstatic.

thought we had em in the 3rd :(

immortalmike
05-07-2013, 01:33 AM
I went along. Had to bite my tongue when Nathan Brown walked past. As much as I dislike the man Lyon was very nice, stuck around, taking pictures and signing things even though he was obviously freezing. Great to see Beaser too.

Remi Moses
05-07-2013, 02:48 AM
Melbourne fans were asking people on the streets where the Western Oval was!
Typical!!
Thought we did wonderfully well to get the close to the finals with what was a very ordinary team.
Malthouse still claims it was his favourite and best coaching season. Always had the feeling that the Dees would eventually " Do it for Robbie")Still got a vivid memory of Ricky Jackson 's arsey snap shot that wobbled through!! New we were cooked

Twodogs
05-07-2013, 09:00 AM

Best home and away game I have ever been to. The excitement of the game unfolding in front of us added to the drama of Hawthorn's comeback at Kardinia Park (was it Dunstall kicking goal after goal?) made it a great day at the footy despite the result.

I didnt know all that was going on at the footy ground last night. I might have walked down to have a look despite the cold.

bornadog
05-07-2013, 09:53 AM
I hope there wasn't anything derogatory said about Footscray and the people that live there, which is the usual form of that show.

AndrewP6
05-07-2013, 11:37 AM
I hope there wasn't anything derogatory said about Footscray and the people that live there, which is the usual form of that show.

Yep sure enough Nathan Brown urged people to go down to the oval and "lock your car when you get here". He also said "they love me here" which was met with a chorus of boos.

Cyberdoggie
05-07-2013, 01:14 PM
Yep sure enough Nathan Brown urged people to go down to the oval and "lock your car when you get here". He also said "they love me here" which was met with a chorus of boos.

Hehe, that was amusing, poor Judas, he will have to live with that forever :)

Overall I don't think they said much derogatory about the Whitten oval, I think they were more concerned about how bloody cold it was.
When they lit the fire pyrotechnics at the end the wind was so strong the flames went horizontal.

Twodogs
05-07-2013, 01:50 PM
When they lit the fire pyrotechnics at the end the wind was so strong the flames went horizontal.

That's what that was! Around 11.15-11.30ish?

LostDoggy
05-07-2013, 03:59 PM

Footscray is full of ferals and deadbeats.

I know: I'm one of them :D

Eastdog
05-07-2013, 04:04 PM

I have never lived in Footscray and while it does certainly have a reputation it is today becoming more gentrified.

immortalmike
06-07-2013, 12:33 AM

Hey hey, you forgot the dealers or as we call them entrepreneurs...