PDA

View Full Version : A little ray of sunshine...

LostDoggy
08-07-2013, 07:29 PM
Took my little brother to the SKINS train with the team day today, and I just wanted to say that we are an outstanding Club. It was a beautiful day, 400+ kids turned out with parents, siblings, grandparents and friends and it was a fantastic afternoon. All of the players were outstanding with the kids and genuinely made an effort to engage. After a couple of pretty lean seasons it was an excellent reminder for all as to what footy really is all about.

Bulldog4life
08-07-2013, 07:34 PM
Took my little brother to the SKINS train with the team day today, and I just wanted to say that we are an outstanding Club. It was a beautiful day, 400+ kids turned out with parents, siblings, grandparents and friends and it was a fantastic afternoon. All of the players were outstanding with the kids and genuinely made an effort to engage. After a couple of pretty lean seasons it was an excellent reminder for all as to what footy really is all about.

Thanks for sharing that Cricho. Sounds like you and your brother had a great time.

Eastdog
08-07-2013, 07:36 PM

Thanks for sharing. Sounds like you had a great day Cricho54.

Maddog37
08-07-2013, 07:51 PM
Took my two as well. Eleven and eight year olds and on the way home my eleven year old tells me he had a great time and that he couldn't stop smiling.

Mitch Wallis is an absolute stand out when dealing with the kids and most were pretty pleasant.

Jake looks very sore and Coons dead set looks constantly bored.

SlimPickens
08-07-2013, 08:01 PM
Coons dead set looks constantly bored.

Was he working with the kids who want to play in defence?;)

Maddog37
08-07-2013, 08:17 PM
Was he working with the kids who want to play in defence?;)

Nice work. Fair dinkum though he looked like he would rather be anywhere else. He is always fairly relaxed but it just struck me today that he seemed fairly downcast.

I did get Clay and Jake to sign my hat and they are both as down to earth as you would expect.

LostDoggy
08-07-2013, 10:14 PM
Jakey is obviously suffering from a long footy season, good to hear he got down with the kids, he seems to me to be a bloke who'd really love that kind of stuff, Wallis likewise.

Dale Morris is the best I've ever seen with the little ones.

Maddog37
08-07-2013, 10:26 PM
Jakey is obviously suffering from a long footy season, good to hear he got down with the kids, he seems to me to be a bloke who'd really love that kind of stuff, Wallis likewise.

Dale Morris is the best I've ever seen with the little ones.

I now have a photo of Dale and my son as my phone wallpaper after today. He is such a likeable bloke it's not funny.

Go_Dogs
08-07-2013, 10:27 PM
Great to hear some positive stories all, appreciate it.

F'scary
09-07-2013, 12:06 AM
Mitch Wallis is an absolute stand out when dealing with the kids and most were pretty pleasant.

What is Napoleon doing besides footy? Sounds like he could be a good headmaster one day, a la Paul Sheahan

LostDoggy
09-07-2013, 01:14 AM
So good to hear thanks for the post

bornadog
09-07-2013, 11:03 PM

I use to love taking my daughter to these, glad you had a good day and hopefully your brother did to.

ADGjjpwmhvA&feature=share&list=UUCYdpsLzNPQpmOdZt_a7DNA