PDA

View Full Version : Just watching the news today....

bulldogtragic
09-07-2013, 06:07 PM
It puts everything in perspective.

It feels like a lifetime since a grand final, yet imagine the sense of forever when you're kidnapped, bashed and raped for 10 years. Then show amazing courage to smile and refuse to be beaten.

We've been looking at all the bad luck we've had over recent times... Imagine surviving a inferno plane crash, you survive and escape and get killed by the fire truck!!!

And I've been getting annoyed a tall project player is getting played head of another tall project player.

bornadog
09-07-2013, 06:52 PM
Yep, its only a sport at the end of the day.

ledge
09-07-2013, 07:51 PM
And that poor ex Geelong VFL player, a quadriplegic now I believe.

bulldogtragic
09-07-2013, 08:35 PM
And that poor ex Geelong VFL player, a quadriplegic now I believe.
How sad was that. Wife is pregnant and he will never feel his child's touch, just playing footy.

Bad news day.

bulldogtragic
10-07-2013, 07:40 PM
After my day on WOOF you could call me a hypocrite for saying this, but can very one chill out. Maybe we need a reminder of the things that unite us, compared to the things that divide us. Just my thought for the day.

SPower
11-07-2013, 01:46 AM
Be great if we could win a bloody game of footy and a Premiership in my Life time !
My thought for the Day !!!!!!!!!!

LostDoggy
11-07-2013, 10:57 AM
After my day on WOOF you could call me a hypocrite for saying this, but can very one chill out. Maybe we need a reminder of the things that unite us, compared to the things that divide us. Just my thought for the day.

Sadly, it's the hardship and lean years that have united most of us. We're trapped in a vicious circle.

The Underdog
11-07-2013, 11:33 AM
Be great if we could win a bloody game of footy and a Premiership in my Life time !
My thought for the Day !!!!!!!!!!

Pretty sure we won a game of footy the other day. Also, considering the uncertain timeline on most supporters lifetimes, not sure that they are worth factoring into the general plan to build our club towards a premiership. Maybe we'll be lucky, maybe we won't, but in tune with the theme of the thread, we're all here now, we're breathing and with luck have things in our lives more important than football to be thankful for.

LostDoggy
11-07-2013, 11:46 AM
Funny how the other club dont need to have this discussion to put life into perspective .................. BECAUSE THEY HAVE ALL PLAYED IN A GRAND FINAL IN THEIR LIFETIME.

Anyway, back to the life of a Bulldogs supporter, yes there are far worse things that can happen but gee, it must be nice to saviour the feeling of seeig your team play in a Grand Final.

The Underdog
11-07-2013, 12:04 PM
Funny how the other club dont need to have this discussion to put life into perspective .................. BECAUSE THEY HAVE ALL PLAYED IN A GRAND FINAL IN THEIR LIFETIME.

Anyway, back to the life of a Bulldogs supporter, yes there are far worse things that can happen but gee, it must be nice to saviour the feeling of seeig your team play in a Grand Final.

I think the actual perspective is that despite the importance we place on it, this is a silly game and if we don't get to see our team win a grand final in our lifetime then it doesn't actually matter at all.

Twodogs
11-07-2013, 02:09 PM
Pretty sure we won a game of footy the other day. Also, considering the uncertain timeline on most supporters lifetimes, not sure that they are worth factoring into the general plan to build our club towards a premiership. Maybe we'll be lucky, maybe we won't, but in tune with the theme of the thread, we're all here now, we're breathing and with luck have things in our lives more important than football to be thankful for.

Amen. I work with people with a disability. Anyone who needs some perspective is welcome to come and spend a day at work with me.

A premiership would be sensational but it's not the be-all and end-all.

bornadog
11-07-2013, 02:40 PM
Amen. I work with people with a disability. Anyone who needs some perspective is welcome to come and spend a day at work with me.

A premiership would be sensational but it's not the be-all and end-all.

I don't know how you do it TD, I have seen you first hand and commend you.

Twodogs
11-07-2013, 02:53 PM
I don't know how you do it TD, I have seen you first hand a commend you.

I'm fascinated by extreme behaviours and I like to help people.

ledge
11-07-2013, 07:19 PM
Plenty of extreme behaviours in the football fan world ;-)

LostDoggy
11-07-2013, 09:51 PM
Affordable cryogenics. That way we can all see a premiership for the dogs one day.

Make it happen, science.

SonofScray
11-07-2013, 11:28 PM
I'm fascinated by extreme behaviours and I like to help people.

Never a dull moment, took a group from my work to the footy a few weeks ago. First time for many, to the footy and for some, out of the home at night for years, helps keep you firmly grounded.

Twodogs
12-07-2013, 09:12 AM
Never a dull moment, took a group from my work to the footy a few weeks ago. First time for many, to the footy and for some, out of the home at night for years, helps keep you firmly grounded.

That's the reward, right there. To see a person's face light up when you walk through the door-that's worth all the money in the world.

LostDoggy
12-07-2013, 10:02 AM
That's the reward, right there. To see a person's face light up when you walk through the door-that's worth all the money in the world.

One of my best mates is a nurse, and she rang me the other day, in tears of joy. She had just singlehandedly saved some bloke's life. Beats kicking a footy, doesn't it?

always right
12-07-2013, 10:20 AM
Sorry people......nothing more important that seeing ultimate success for the bulldogs. I rate it above all other things in life...including family. There is no perspective......football is everything.

AndrewP6
12-07-2013, 12:05 PM
Sorry people......nothing more important that seeing ultimate success for the bulldogs. I rate it above all other things in life...including family. There is no perspective......football is everything.

I'm sorry, but that's ludicrous.

Twodogs
12-07-2013, 12:08 PM

I tend to agree but it's just an opinion.

AndrewP6
12-07-2013, 12:08 PM
Mum has been in hospital for over a week, and some of the patients she shared a room with were not expected to make it. Thankfully she's now home. Footy is just a game.

Twodogs
12-07-2013, 12:10 PM
And due to the thread title I've got that Beatles song stuck in my head now-I saw the news today, oh boy . I hate the Beatles. Bloody hippies! :cool:

Twodogs
12-07-2013, 12:15 PM
Mum has been in hospital for over a week, and some of the patients she shared a room with were not expected to make it. Thankfully she's now home. Footy is just a game.

2009 prelim final night. My mum was really sick-they had operated but couldnt find what was wrong with her (she's recovered now thankfully) and we were thinking she wouldnt make it. I'd spent most of the day in hospital with her and from her ward I could see the MCG lights.

I was standing at the window looking at the ground when she said to me "For *!*!*!*!'s sake, just go, you're not a doctor and you have your mobile. They will ring if anything happens" So I did! :D

AndrewP6
12-07-2013, 12:32 PM

True.

always right
12-07-2013, 12:42 PM

Try this instead.

Sorry people......nothing more important that seeing ultimate success for the bulldogs. I rate it above all other things in life...including family. There is no perspective......football is everything. :rolleyes:;):)

jeemak
12-07-2013, 12:43 PM

True.

I think we could safely assume Always Right is taking the proverbial..............

jeemak
12-07-2013, 12:43 PM
Try this instead.

Sorry people......nothing more important that seeing ultimate success for the bulldogs. I rate it above all other things in life...including family. There is no perspective......football is everything. :rolleyes:;):)

Beat me to it!

always right
12-07-2013, 12:44 PM
I think we could safely assume Always Right is taking the proverbial..............

Thanks....I'm really surprised I had to add smiley faces to my comment.

bornadog
12-07-2013, 12:53 PM
Thanks....I'm really surprised I had to add smiley faces to my comment.

There I was about to agree with you :D