PDA

View Full Version : Wood all Good

westdog54
11-07-2013, 04:40 PM
Wood all Good (http://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/news/2013-07-11/wood-all-good)

http://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/staticfile/AFL%20Tenant/Media/Images/275692-tlsnewsportrait.jpg

Easton Wood is set to play in his first competitive hitout since round three, lining up for Williamstown’s development side on Sunday.

Making strides in the injury management of his reoccurring hamstring, the 23-year-old will make a promising step forward when he represents the Seagulls’ reserves in the VFL.

“Easton is going to play at development level this week and the plan is for him just to run around and run at his speed,” Western Bulldogs Senior Coach Brendan McCartney said.

“Run fast when we wants to run fast, but basically it is a training session and we can do that at that level.’

While it is premature to set a date for an AFL return, McCartney is hopeful that the running defender will be in the mix for senior selection in two to three weeks’ time.

“Fingers crossed it will be another step from what he did last weekend and the weekend before,” he said.

“We are optimistic that provided he doesn’t get injured again we will get him back in two to three weeks, which will be good for him.

“He’s smashed his rehab really well, he’s really keen to get back out and play and we are down on some small defenders.”

Wood’s availability would greatly bolster the Bulldogs list, providing run and carry out of the back half after fellow defender Jason Johannisen was ruled out for the season with an AC joint this week.

jeemak
12-07-2013, 12:42 AM
I think it's pretty clear from this pic that Easton hasn't been doing enough arm weights. Hopefully he's used his rehab time well to fix that.

LostDoggy
12-07-2013, 10:04 AM
I think it's pretty clear from this pic that Easton hasn't been doing enough arm weights. Hopefully he's used his rehab time well to fix that.

He's a solid man.

azabob
12-07-2013, 11:37 AM

Wish I was paid to keep fit....

jeemak
12-07-2013, 11:48 AM
Wish I was paid to keep fit....

I wish I was paid handsomely to lead the life of debauchery I did in my 20's.

Ghost Dog
12-07-2013, 11:55 AM
Wish he ran with his arms and Tom Williams took marks with his legs. And if Shaun Higgin's hair could play, we'd be at the the top of the ladder. take shorter steps Easton?

bornadog
12-07-2013, 12:54 PM
I wish I was paid handsomely to lead the life of debauchery I did in my 20's.

you would have pissed it all away on drugs :D

jeemak
12-07-2013, 01:03 PM
you would have pissed it all away on drugs :D

Easy mate, wow! :eek:

:)

LostDoggy
12-07-2013, 01:11 PM
Wish he ran with his arms and Tom Williams took marks with his legs. And if Shaun Higgin's hair could play, we'd be at the the top of the ladder. take shorter steps Easton?

Champagne GD!

bornadog
12-07-2013, 01:25 PM
Easy mate, wow! :eek:

:)

Glad you see it as a joke (as intended) :D

LostDoggy
12-07-2013, 01:50 PM
Been thinking for a while now that after he gets fit and over his injury concerns (for God's sake) that he may be able to make the transition to run through the midfield until we build a solid, diversified unit over the next couple of drafts.

He's got the strength, endurance base (less injuries) to potentially be a reasonable player through that area. Not to knock him too hardly (or raise him too highly depending which way you look at it), but he could be our poor man's version of a Jobe Watson.

He's not delist material for mine. Not at this stage.

bornadog
12-07-2013, 01:59 PM
Been thinking for a while now that after he gets fit and over his injury concerns (for God's sake) that he may be able to make the transition to run through the midfield until we build a solid, diversified unit over the next couple of drafts.

He's got the strength, endurance base (less injuries) to potentially be a reasonable player through that area. Not to knock him too hardly (or raise him too highly depending which way you look at it), but he could be our poor man's version of a Jobe Watson.

He's not delist material for mine. Not at this stage.

I would like to see him not played on taller opponents. He is 186cm but often has to play on much taller players. Has he got the tank to play midfield?

LostDoggy
12-07-2013, 02:03 PM
I would like to see him not played on taller opponents. He is 186cm but often has to play on much taller players. Has he got the tank to play midfield?

Not at the moment, but he's got a base (obviously from training over the years) and breeding (his mum was an endurance athlete from memory). The idea wasn't in the short term, more a 2014 focus. :)

With Young, JJ, talia and Goodes to a certain extent, taking his roles off a half back/back pocket i just think he needs to be reinvented, and that's the area i can see him moving too