PDA

View Full Version : McMahon

Go_Dogs
12-10-2007, 10:35 AM
So my hatred of Richmond grows, stealing another one of my favorites from right under our nose. This time, not only a terrific player, but a South Aussie, who was a top 10 draft pick.

I can't help but feel we are big losers out of this trade. As poor as McMahon's second half of the season was, he was certainly worth more than pick 18.

Do you think he was pushed? The club wanted him to leave? Richmond were very interested and made an offer Jordan couldn't refuse, or Jordan simply didn't want to play for us anymore?

I need some answers.

Topdog
12-10-2007, 10:48 AM
I think it's a terrible name for a thread.

It's not overly great but we essentially got Jordan for Hudson and upgraded our 2nd pick. It's not too bad in regards to that.

Go_Dogs
12-10-2007, 10:58 AM
Sorry for the thread title, if someone can edit it for me - I can only edit the post contents.

I can understand what your saying, and in reality we were probably in a similar situation as Adelaide were with Hudson, so had to get a deal done.

DOG GOD
12-10-2007, 11:12 AM
if it was family reasons he would be playing for port power.

he's playing for money reasons and money alone....he can go and play with brown and wallet and hopefully get another wooden spoon next year for all i care.

The Coon Dog
12-10-2007, 11:57 AM
Need to change your name now McMahon#23 to something else.

Go_Dogs
12-10-2007, 11:59 AM
I've already decided upon Stack#33, unless we draft another young SA bloke in the up coming draft. Perhaps Pick#18 in the meantime!

Dry Rot
12-10-2007, 12:04 PM
Is there a counter view to all this?

McMahon has been under Eade for three seasons and still not playing like the coach wants, it seems.

With Callan and Hudson (re clearances and tough stuff) Eade is signalling that he wants a tougher more accountable team.

Perhaps Eade is not totally full of regrets?

bornadog
12-10-2007, 12:05 PM
Its purely for money. Funny Richmond is turning out to be a place for discarded bulldogs
Wallet, Judas, McJudas, Choco, Sullivan......... any one I missed. Another team I really dispise and hate.

Go_Dogs
12-10-2007, 12:06 PM
I somehow get the feeling that Eade wouldn't be full of regrets, but he would certainly be disappointed that he couldn't mould Jordie into the consistent player he thought he could and should be.

How good were McMahon's first 2 years under Eade though, they were fantastic.

Dry Rot
12-10-2007, 12:08 PM
They weren't totally fantastic - still wasn't a great defensive player.

BTW, if you want a good new user name of a SA player, how about our B&F winner?

The Coon Dog
12-10-2007, 12:08 PM
Its purely for money. Funny Richmond is turning out to be a place for discarded bulldogs
Wallet, Judas, McJudas, Choco, Sullivan......... any one I missed. Another team I really dispise and hate.

Patrick Bowden, Oberon Pierak, Gordon Casey, David Thorpe, Bones McGhie, Michael McKenna, Chris Burton.

Go_Dogs
12-10-2007, 12:13 PM
They weren't totally fantastic - still wasn't a great defensive player.

BTW, if you want a good new user name of a SA player, how about our B&F winner?

Agreed that Jordan still had some weaknesses to his game, he wasn't a faultless performer. He certainly demonstrated some good talent and abilities though, and often broke games open. For mine, his best spot is still on a wing, running forwards, kicking goals and setting them up.

As much as I am a massive fan of Brian's, he's already an established and highly supported player at the club. The reason for choosing McMahon was that I thought he was a bit, 'under the radar' as far as support goes, often missing out on the accolades Morris, Gilbee, etc were afforded.

It appears to have cursed McMahon though, the added pressure of having a screen name in his honor wore away at his confidence as the year progressed. I would hate to do that to someone else. I think Stack will be my man though. :)

aker39
12-10-2007, 12:21 PM
Another Bulldog player who is traded to Richmond for big bucks after playing a very poor last season for the Bulldogs.

Dry Rot
12-10-2007, 12:22 PM
Agreed that Jordan still had some weaknesses to his game, he wasn't a faultless performer. He certainly demonstrated some good talent and abilities though, and often broke games open. For mine, his best spot is still on a wing, running forwards, kicking goals and setting them up.

As much as I am a massive fan of Brian's, he's already an established and highly supported player at the club. The reason for choosing McMahon was that I thought he was a bit, 'under the radar' as far as support goes, often missing out on the accolades Morris, Gilbee, etc were afforded.

It appears to have cursed McMahon though, the added pressure of having a screen name in his honor wore away at his confidence as the year progressed. I would hate to do that to someone else. I think Stack will be my man though. :)

Lucky you weren't a Faulkner fan before this. ;)

DOG GOD
12-10-2007, 12:26 PM

that was ME D.R hahaha!!!

firstdogonthemoon
12-10-2007, 12:27 PM
Maybe Jordy was one of the ones West referred to as soft in that article a few months ago?

Maybe he was on the outer with some of the leadership group because he didnt work hard enough (and while he may have had reasons for that it doesnt change his output this year).

Pure conjecture, but in the absence of any answers.........

??

Go_Dogs
12-10-2007, 12:29 PM

I don't want to admit to it now, but I've been a closet Faulkner fan for years. I often touted him as the next McLeod to my Crows supporting friends, I probably cursed him too.

let me know when you want me to make that change and I will update it for you. I just request that you put something in your signature for a week or two that shows your were McMahon #23

No worries, thanks for that. I'll send you a PM when I finalise my decision.

bornadog
12-10-2007, 12:32 PM
Patrick Bowden, Oberon Pierak, Gordon Casey, David Thorpe, Bones McGhie, Michael McKenna, Chris Burton.

Forgot all of them

bornadog
12-10-2007, 03:53 PM
McMahon on SEN now:

He says totally his decision, Richmond approached him and went from there. He felt that he wanted a change.

LostDoggy
12-10-2007, 03:56 PM
To be honest after the year hes had im glad to see him go, his attitude and performance was very low.

Pick 19 is the first 2nd round pick isnt it? I think we did well there, but i wouldnt of mind another Pick in 3rd or 4th round.

Wish him the best but i dont think hes gunna be a "superstar" at Richmond or anything.

LostDoggy
12-10-2007, 05:43 PM
Before today I would have accepted a trade to Port, I would have been upset, but understood him wanting to be with his family. But now, I can't believe it, obviously he'd rather get a 'fresh start' at another Melbourne club (*cough*more money*cough*) than a 'fresh start' in Adelaide with his family.

Just what I needed, another reason to hate Richmond.

bornadog
12-10-2007, 05:46 PM
Before today I would have accepted a trade to Port, I would have been upset, but understood him wanting to be with his family. But now, I can't believe it, obviously he'd rather get a 'fresh start' at another Melbourne club (*cough*more money*cough*) than a 'fresh start' in Adelaide with his family.

Just what I needed, another reason to hate Richmond.

Don't need a reason to hate Richmond, do we:D

LostDoggy
12-10-2007, 05:48 PM
Why didnt we keep pick 22?

LostDoggy
12-10-2007, 05:49 PM
Whaaat, no one VOLUNTARILY plays fro Richmond ;) Must be about the money.....im so disgusted i cant believe it, this is seriously the worst situation possible!
As poor as Jordy's year was, he's still a good player, and i think we got ripped off

LostDoggy
12-10-2007, 05:53 PM
Why didnt we keep pick 22?

We got pick 19 anyway, so it turned out OK.

Today in class, I managed to resort every single thing back to Jordy, 'why is my sharpener here, that's weird..but not as weird as Jordy wanting to go to Richmond, what the hell is that?' 'I got a B+ on my maths test, that's stupid, but not as stupid as Jordy wanting to go to Richmond' in science, I managed to resort mutated karyotypes back to Jordy leaving as well, my friends almost killed me, but I made it.

LostDoggy
12-10-2007, 05:56 PM
Thats crap.

We trade Jordy for 3 positions better in the draft where we could possibly get the same player anyway?

Seems stupid to me.

Where is pick 22 now?

LostDoggy
12-10-2007, 05:58 PM
Thats crap.

We trade Jordy for 3 positions better in the draft where we could possibly get the same player anyway?

Seems stupid to me.

Where is pick 22 now?

West Coast

LostDoggy
12-10-2007, 05:59 PM
We got pick 19 anyway, so it turned out OK.

Today in class, I managed to resort every single thing back to Jordy, 'why is my sharpener here, that's weird..but not as weird as Jordy wanting to go to Richmond, what the hell is that?' 'I got a B+ on my maths test, that's stupid, but not as stupid as Jordy wanting to go back to Richmond' in science, I managed to resort mutated karytypes back to Jordy leaving as well, my friends almost killed me, but I made it.

HAH i know, i would burst in 'WHYYYYYYYYYYY, im going to have to cry myself to sleep!' and oh just comments like that in approximately 30 minute intervals all day..... meanwhile my Carlton supporting friend rubbed it in about the Judd factor.

ehhh.

LostDoggy
12-10-2007, 06:01 PM
West Coast

What did we get in return? I thought we only got Hudson and Callan.

LostDoggy
12-10-2007, 06:04 PM
What did we get in return? I thought we only got Hudson and Callan.

We got pick 30, pick 35 and pick 62 and they got pick 22 and pick 54.

Raw Toast
12-10-2007, 06:07 PM
Thats crap.

Seems stupid to me.

Where is pick 22 now?

We needed to use 22 to get Hudson and in the end found a way of basically getting Hudson and pick 35 for pick 22.

There was no guarantee that we could pick up Hudson in the pre-season draft - he's better than the rucks both Richmond and Carlton have and both would like to have him on their list imo.

Getting a ruck was our priority and unfortunately Jordy wanted to leave. In effect we got Hudson for McMahon, Callan for Power and upgraded all the picks we're likely to use apart from pick#5.

LostDoggy
12-10-2007, 06:11 PM
We got pick 30, pick 35 and pick 62 and they got pick 22 and pick 54.

Evens it out a bit i guess.

Gee West Coast are going to have fun with pick 3, 20, 22 and Kennedy.

Dry Rot
12-10-2007, 06:35 PM

Don't forget their young tall Brown. Should be a gun.

LostDoggy
12-10-2007, 06:36 PM

Make that 3, 13, 20 and 22 and then 54. Thats a pretty nice selection of draft picks they have there.

LostDoggy
12-10-2007, 06:41 PM
Make that 3, 13, 20 and 22 and then 54. Thats a pretty nice selection of draft picks they have there.

You want to have a lot if good picks, the lost the best player in the league. When we lost a very good player we got some magic beans.

dog town
12-10-2007, 08:29 PM
I have made no secret of my love for Jordy. Still hasn't reached his potential and to be honest I now pray to god that he doesn't. Very sad to see him go. I think he was worth more than pick 19 but realistically I dont think we would get anymore than that.

Raw Toast
12-10-2007, 09:07 PM
I have made no secret of my love for Jordy. Still hasn't reached his potential and to be honest I now pray to god that he doesn't. Very sad to see him go. I think he was worth more than pick 19 but realistically I dont think we would get anymore than that.

Very close to my feelings, though I wouldn't claim my love for him was as strong as yours ;)

GVGjr
12-10-2007, 09:14 PM
Wasted talent but it does beg a few questions:

Is it the clubs fault or McMahon's why we couldn't get the best out of him?

If he goes onto bigger and better things with the Tigers was the trade the wake up call he had to have or was Eade just way too impatient with him?

We all know he had talent to burn but for everyone who is disappointed that he is gone I don't see anyone saying Eade has made a big mistake.

Is it blind faith in all things Eade driving that or is it a realisation that the club was unlikely to get more out of him?

Mofra
12-10-2007, 09:57 PM
Is it blind faith in all things Eade driving that or is it a realisation that the club was unlikely to get more out of him?
What is his natural position?
As a running backman, we now have Gilbee, Hargrave & Everitt.
On the wings, we have Ray, Eagleton, Gia, Griffen before we get into the centre square midfield rotations that often see a player there.
He isn't big enough for centre square work, and not good enough overhead to play forward.

He is not worth $330k per season to us. He is behind the pecking order in his AFL role, as a running backman.

Good player, but not vitol & not worth what he asked for.

GVGjr
12-10-2007, 10:10 PM
Mofra, do you think he left just for money?

Raw Toast
12-10-2007, 11:16 PM

If he goes onto bigger and better things with the Tigers was the trade the wake up call he had to have or was Eade just way too impatient with him?

We all know he had talent to burn but for everyone who is disappointed that he is gone I don't see anyone saying Eade has made a big mistake.

Excellent questions GVGjr, difficult to give definitive answers though.

I reckon blame has to be apportioned to both the club and McMahon, but it's hard at least for me on the outside to pinpoint particular issues (though there's been a bit of hearsay about how well he integrated into the club).

A quarter of the way into this season and it seemed like Eade's management of McMahon had been perfect. He then got injured and after returning his form fell away dramatically (Power was actually another who started off the season pretty well and then struggled after a fairly early injury). So one of the big questions is why did his form deteriorate so much.

The fact that the game-plan demanded more and more of him might be one factor, while personal issues are another. Part of my frustration with him during this period was that he didn't seem to learn much from his mistakes, with lots of his errors fitting particular patterns (short passes to stationary targets, diagonal passes that were cut off by someone coming across them). Still he was one of the only ones able to generate some run. Eade obviously struggled to help him get out of this rut, though his performance in the final game was good.

If Eade was concerned that he couldn't be fairly sure McMahon was start moving again towards his potential best then it makes sense not to offer him three years on a fairly high salary. If he was to have another season like this next year it makes sense to get a semi-decent pick for him, but it could come back to haunt us. And it is very disapointing because he promised so much (there was talk awhile ago of a potential brownlow).

I've still got faith in Eade but if this kind of move goes wrong it will shake my faith in him.

macca028
12-10-2007, 11:24 PM
About time we got rid of the duds, he was soft and is easily replaced.

GVGjr
12-10-2007, 11:34 PM

Macca for what it's worth it's too easy to just to refer to players as duds. There is no way he was a dud anyway and I'm surprised you cannot see that.
Can he be easily replaced? I think we have players to cover him but he was a talent that we just didn't get the most out of.

macca028
12-10-2007, 11:46 PM
He was a soft outside player that the dogs do not need, he was a skillful player who did not reach his potential and is a perfect fit for Richmond. He had plenty of opportunity and did not take an i am glad he is gone. It is great to see that eade has obviovlsy decided to take a stand against players who are soft and not hard at the ball. Lets hope gia gets the message.

Dry Rot
13-10-2007, 12:41 AM

Re "dud", you don't get Pick19 for a dud who's played a number of seasons (and maybe we could have got pick 16 from Port)

"Easily replaced"? Who's going to replace his run out of the backline?

firstdogonthemoon
13-10-2007, 12:56 AM
He was a soft outside player that the dogs do not need, he was a skillful player who did not reach his potential and is a perfect fit for Richmond. He had plenty of opportunity and did not take an i am glad he is gone. It is great to see that eade has obviovlsy decided to take a stand against players who are soft and not hard at the ball. Lets hope gia gets the message.

Not sure Eade was involved in the decision. Jordy was out of contract and wanted to go. It is wearying to hear more of the the simplistic and easy "this player good, that player bad" view that is prevalent on other football sites.

He isnt gone because he was soft, he is gone because he chose to go. There is no message for Gia in Jordy's departure.

bornadog
13-10-2007, 01:03 AM
As I said earlier I heard Eade talk about McMahon today as well as McMahon himself. It seems Eade tried to persude him on Wednesday to stay, however, Richmond laid it on the table with big bucks, that I feel we would not give him. He saw the opportunity and took it.

LostDoggy
13-10-2007, 08:43 AM
Simplistic view.
Every club has outside runners. You need a mix of those as well as the harder inside types. If you say we had too many of his type then I agree but he is better than others still on the list.

BulldogBelle
13-10-2007, 09:45 PM
I will miss Jordie and will remember those dashing runs of his - obviously for whatever reasons he has decided to move on, I wish him the best at his new club.

LostDoggy
14-10-2007, 10:01 AM

I'm not sure that I am sad to see him go but he is like a number of others in the league that looked to move on elsewhere without really giving his all for us.
He might have been worth a slightly higher pick but he was within that range for 14 to 20.
Good luck to him but I hope we can recruit a real promising type who has some of the skills that McMahon lacked.
I think we can cover him with the run that Griffen and Gilbee can provide for us out of the backline.

Topdog
15-10-2007, 09:00 AM

It's an interesting question but I think without doubt that Mcmahon had his best years and really became a good player under Eade. So I guess one could argue that Eade made him into the player he was aswell.

Topdog
15-10-2007, 09:04 AM

As others have said that is a very simplistic view.

We definately needed to rearrange the list a bit and I love the fact that we replaced two "soft" players with 2 "hard" players but Jordan was a class player and someone who we will miss.

A lot of people (well me and my friends anyway) believed that Everitt would eventually go to the forward line. This move is now harder with Jordan out of the team and our subsequent depth in that position gone.

The Underdog
15-10-2007, 09:46 AM
You want to have a lot if good picks, the lost the best player in the league. When we lost a very good player we got some magic beans.

You're just not impressed with the beanstalk some of them have grown into. A beanstalk named Peter we got for pick 20. Or is he the giant? I get my metaphors confused.
Anyway he's all that's left of that schemozzle now.

Sockeye Salmon
15-10-2007, 10:17 AM
Just because someone is skinny and 'outside' doesn't make them soft.

Nor is 'outside' derogatory. You could easily argue we are starting to get light on for outside players, I hope Callen can kick.

One problem we did need to address is the number of skinny guys we had. We were getting bumped off the ball and we did miss lots of tackles and the two players we traded were the two skinniest.

LostDoggy
15-10-2007, 10:32 AM
One problem we did need to address is the number of skinny guys we had. We were getting bumped off the ball and we did miss lots of tackles and the two players we traded were the two skinniest.
Cam Wight?

Go_Dogs
15-10-2007, 10:46 AM
Cam Wight?

He has a lot of work to do. He needs to improve his core strength and stability. He looked a bit bigger this year, but still needs another 5kgs. Hopefully it starts to come this season, otherwise his body shape ain't as impressive as we thought it could be.

bornadog
15-10-2007, 01:39 PM
He has a lot of work to do. He needs to improve his core strength and stability. He looked a bit bigger this year, but still needs another 5kgs. Hopefully it starts to come this season, otherwise his body shape ain't as impressive as we thought it could be.

Like your new name.

I noticed Cam Wight has started to fill out a bit, he certainly is a big boy and I think he will put on some kgs over the next year or two.

aker39
15-10-2007, 02:33 PM
Some interesting points from Jordan's press conference today

RICHMOND recruit Jordan McMahon has spoken of his excitement at the fresh slate provided by his move to Punt Road.

The Tigers exchanged pick 19 overall in November’s NAB AFL National Draft for the dashing half-back flanker after the 24-year-old asked the Bulldogs to trade him following a season when he admits to being troubled by off-field issues.

“I’m very, very happy with the move. I was excited basically when I decided to make the move,” McMahon said at his new club on Monday.

“I had a lot of choices and a lot of decisions to make and it was a gut feeling when it came down to Richmond. I was really excited about the move and I’m really pumped about it actually; we’ve got a good future.

“To be honest with you, I think now is the time where I’m either going to play my best football or I’m not and to be honest with you I think a fresh start is where it’s going to happen.”

The South Australian received interest from both Adelaide clubs, with Port Adelaide the keener of the two to secure his services, before deciding to stay in Melbourne and sign a three-year deal with Richmond.

McMahon agreed the lure of going back home to Adelaide had been strong, but cited a strong off-field support structure at Punt Road as a key factor in his decision-making process.

“I had some issues off-field with family and so forth, and I’m not sure it was handled that well back down at the previous club,” he said.

“I spoke to Richmond about what they could do with things and they had the appropriate measures for it as well and they gave me some good options. I took it from there and I thought it was probably appropriate that I do come across.

“I had some issues off field as well and it came to a point where I had a decision to make: is it best to make a fresh start and get into a new environment?
“I think personally for me at that time, it was just time to have a look around and see what was available. Richmond really put a great offer forward. I think it’s a really young list and a really exciting list. I think there’s a lot of improvement within them as well and I think there’s a big future with them.”

McMahon was dropped from the Dogs’ side for round 21, but while he didn’t entirely agree with the move, he maintained it did not have any bearing on his decision to seek a new football home.

“I think you’d have to ask Rocket [Rodney Eade] that,” he replied when quizzed on his omission from the team that lost heavily to Hawthorn. “He dropped me for a reason. Obviously my form wasn’t great at the time and that’s understandable.

“I got brought back in for the last game and played it out, but my mind wasn’t made up at all by then. When the season finished I had to sit down and assess everything.”

McMahon is yet to meet any of his new teammates, but said he was looking forward to taking the field with them under the guidance of Terry Wallace, who oversaw the first two years of his career at Whitten Oval.

“It’s an exciting prospect actually,” he said of playing in front of the Tigers’ strong supporter base.

“The first time I played in front of 80,000 people was the first final I played for the Western Bulldogs.

“But I heard that Richmond had the third-highest attendances during the season out of any club in the AFL and, considering the amount of games they won, that’s not a bad effort.”

Mantis
15-10-2007, 03:11 PM
“It’s an exciting prospect actually,” he said of playing in front of the Tigers’ strong supporter base.

“The first time I played in front of 80,000 people was the first final I played for the Western Bulldogs.

“But I heard that Richmond had the third-highest attendances during the season out of any club in the AFL and, considering the amount of games they won, that’s not a bad effort.”

Another from the Nathan Brown school of tosser's.. 'I want to play under the big lights'

It would also help that when your team played under these 'big lights' they were competitive.

See you later Jordy...

mjp
15-10-2007, 04:06 PM
It is called 'positive spin'. Don't worry about it.

aker39
15-10-2007, 04:15 PM
It is called 'positive spin'. Don't worry about it.

Yes, and Greg Miller, Terry Wallace and the Tigers are the masters at it.

Like Miller coming out this morning and saying that they offered the Eagles picks 2, 18 & 19.

Stiff shit. Did you get Judd?
NO
End of Story

The Underdog
15-10-2007, 04:26 PM
Um, wow, that's like digging the knife in.
It's a shame that the Dogs couldn't help Jordon with his "problems" like Richmond will apparently be able to.
And those big Richmond crowd's, well who can argue with that. Play a couple of poor one's Jordy and they might even fertilise your lawn for you.
But seriously though, all the best, I already miss you a little less than I did 15 minutes ago.

Sockeye Salmon
15-10-2007, 05:10 PM
I heard a grab on SEN where McMahon said "I really liked playing under Terry Wallace. His game plan is to be very offensive and that suits my game".

Why Jordy? Because you won't have to man-up or tackle?

The Underdog
15-10-2007, 05:23 PM
I heard a grab on SEN where McMahon said "I really liked playing under Terry Wallace. His game plan is to be very offensive and that suits my game".

Why Jordy? Because you won't have to man-up or tackle?

As opposed to the ultra-defensive shutdown game we've been playing under Eade.
Sheesh, he's making it easy not to miss him.

How's about "Thanks to the Bulldogs for drafting me and putting those years into my development. I really enjoyed my time there but I just felt on a personal level it was time for a change." Not so hard is it...Tool

LostDoggy
15-10-2007, 06:10 PM
Damn, Jordy's making it harder for me to miss him. I've met him before and thought he was one of the nicest players, and I'm sure he's a nice guy still, this doesn't change that, but he's not doing himself any favours by saying all this stuff about the club. What did he expect us to do with his problems? I liked the way Tim Callan thanked Geelong and said he wouldn't change anything about his time there and is looking forward to the future, perhaps Jordy should have adopted that approach, even if he didn't mean it. 'I want to play in front of big crowds', it's Nathan Brown all over again.

LostDoggy
15-10-2007, 06:17 PM
Dont let the door hit ya on the way out.

Im disappointed. I thought we weeded this type when Brown left.

LostDoggy
15-10-2007, 06:38 PM
Oh god, reading that truly disgusted me.
You can see the attitude seeping through...good riddance!
Obviously someone cracked the sads at being dropper for poor form early on, and then threw the season away from poor effort.

Hah, i cant wait to see him take on one of our defenders.....i think we should move Brian Harris onto him for a couple of minutes ;)

lukedarcy14
15-10-2007, 06:51 PM
cant stand richmond, now...cant stand them even more, i did see jordy press confrence and got me thinking how richmond offered more about his off field issues? great bloke but i also thought the same about brown untill he went there, Hope i dont end up feeling the same way bout jords, Seen him in his richmond jumper and really made me angry :( good luck to him hope everything goes well future captain at the tigers :)

LostDoggy
15-10-2007, 08:03 PM
Why go from a bottom 4 side to the bottom side, wooden spooners. I just cant get my head around how players can leave a club to goto a club which is doing alot worse. Eg. Judd > Carlton.

Im sick of hearing McMahon on the radio taking swipes at our team as he did on SEN. Maybe not 'taking swipes' but said something along the lines of 'The coaches here are offering me a lot more support than i could get from the Bulldogs.

Good riddance Jordy, enjoy your new club that hasnt gone anywhere in 5 years.

LostDoggy
15-10-2007, 08:22 PM
Wow, I had no idea he said stuff that bad.
Not once did I read about a thanks to the Dogs.
A lovely comment on our "biggest attendance" from our "ex-biggest ****".
Yeah, they might have a big fan base, but I doubt the "big fan base" is going to put up with much more losses.

"I had personal problems that I didn't think were being dealt with very well at the Bulldogs" or whatever that comment was. Oh, um I dont know because their your PERSONAL problems Jordy, and that requires YOU to put in some effort. Not that he'd know what effort is. What are Richmond going to do about? I dont see what they can do that we cant?

Reading that confirms he belongs at Richmond.
Have fun Jordy, see you next year, you can join the Nathan Brown team, maybe even become Wallace's new bitch once Browns down and out. (I give him three years tops).

Now I kind of wish he played up forward, so he can have a little Brian Harris encounter.
(Harris rubbing Nathan Browns face in the dirt. Wow thinking about that memory is cheering me up!)

Sockeye Salmon
15-10-2007, 09:07 PM
Good riddance Jordy, enjoy your new club that hasnt gone anywhere in 25 years.

Edited for accuracy

LostDoggy
15-10-2007, 09:29 PM
Good luck Jordan!

LostDoggy
15-10-2007, 09:33 PM
I was just reflecting on my memories of Jordy, and all i can think think of is him kicking DIRECTLY to the opposition from the kick in, in their F50...... just groaning, "OH GOD.....JORDY!!" Add a few swear words maybe ;)

But there was an excellent run fromnehind the centre where he ran and ran, kicked a beautiful left footed goal.....i'll give him credit for that one!

but i hope he has an excellent time down the bottom of the ladder for the next few years, because that's where he'll be!

LostDoggy
15-10-2007, 09:35 PM
(Harris rubbing Nathan Browns face in the dirt. Wow thinking about that memory is cheering me up!)

Best. Game. Ever.

This gets me thinking though, how do you think Jordy will be received next year when we play them? We still boo Nathan Brown and I personally have never been so happy about an opposition's game since Brown kicked 3 (it was 4, but one was counted as rushed as he didn't even make the distance) behinds and in one celebrated before it had gone through and ended up hitting the post. It'll be interesting to see how some Bulldogs fans react in our match(es) next year.

LostDoggy
15-10-2007, 09:38 PM
Jordy isnt a backman! you dont buy a ferrari to tow a boat. Why is everyone slagging him off?

LostDoggy
15-10-2007, 09:38 PM
I know what i'll be doing.......

Mantis
16-10-2007, 09:20 AM
Good riddance Jordy, enjoy your new club that hasnt gone anywhere in 5 years.

And how does this compare to our club who are flying???

LostDoggy
16-10-2007, 09:33 AM
He slagged off the club for not providing enough 'off field' support. Sounds like rubbish to me, maybe the club should have put a contract out on his ex?
Off field means $.

aker39
16-10-2007, 10:38 AM
I've had more time to think about Jordy, and all it has done is make me even madder.

Reading the paper this morning, it makes mention of his off field problems and the lack of support from the club. It also mentions that he had numerous discussion with Port Adelaide.

Well Jordan, you had a chance to do something yourself about your personal situation. You had the opportunity to move back to Adelaide and be closer to YOUR child. You choose not to, but rather go to the Tigers. You are in great company there. I hope you enjoy playing in front of big crowds. Your daughter will enjoy watching it on the TV.

Good Riddance.

PS - I think you know my answer as to whether I will be booing him or not next year.

LostDoggy
16-10-2007, 10:48 AM
He said he didnt get enough support at the dogs. maybe he didnt? who knows. maybe Eade has totally lost the playing group, ever thought of that?

juffa23
16-10-2007, 03:37 PM
Think Jordy was in trouble from the day Matthew Lappin gave him a bath at the MCG, when we lost to Carlton this year, think it was the 3rd quarter. McMahon was lost under the high ball and rake thin Lappin was just throwing him around like a rag doll.

Very good player, the racehorse will be missed for his dashing runs off half back - but his lapses in concentration, kick ins to the opposition etc.. will be missed less so.

The thing is we have got many similar running types, and this one was worth a top 20 pick, vitally important in a very shallow draft - hence worth the trade. Jordy will do well at Richmond where he can wax stats with Joel Bowden on the half back line and earn copious dream-team points but I don't think he will be singing the club song too often after the game.