PDA

View Full Version : Liverpool FC visits the Bulldogs

Eastdog
24-07-2013, 02:36 PM
Liverpool FC visits the Bulldogs. Hope one day when Man United come down again they'll visit the WO if they come to Melbourne.

http://m.westernbulldogs.com.au/news/2013-07-24/liverpool-fc-visit-the-bulldogs

WBFC4FFC
24-07-2013, 07:52 PM
Would rather Lazio but if is an English Club, Man City would be the one!

Eastdog
24-07-2013, 08:10 PM
Their expecting around 95,000 tonight at the MCG. The biggest ever crowd Liverpool have played in front of correct me if I'm wrong.

LostDoggy
24-07-2013, 08:11 PM
Don't support sporting clubs from other countries, just watch for the sport

LostDoggy
24-07-2013, 10:51 PM
An excellent partnership!

DragzLS1
24-07-2013, 11:35 PM
95, 000 singing at the G, friendly game in the middle of afl nrl season... Can only hope 1 day that will be us in a gf.. this is 1 thing we need more of. When the team is down and odds are against you and all the supporters start singing or chanting you're song.. If a team is ever going to lift that would be the ideal time. Sick if the generic chants afl teams have.

Bring on West Coast, and well done Liverpool (my other love :p)

LostDoggy
25-07-2013, 05:56 AM
Went to the game tonight in the members level 1 mid pitch, cracking seats, cracking night, been looking forward to the game for so long and it was better than imagined just a sea of red. The build up all week in the city and the pubs tonight were over flowing just a brilliant atmosphere .

Never forget YNWA before the game it was truly magic and Stevie G knocking the first home capped it off!

Truly an unforgettable night.

Eastdog
25-07-2013, 04:01 PM
From the Man Utd and Liverpool games it is clear that there is massive interest in the World game in Australia and it is a real shame we won't be hosting the 2022 World Cup.

Remi Moses
26-07-2013, 02:55 AM
Much as I detest Liverpool ( thought something derogatory might fish the Coon Dog out)
Great for the country to have the two big boys here.

LostDoggy
26-07-2013, 08:52 AM
95, 000 singing at the G, friendly game in the middle of afl nrl season... Can only hope 1 day that will be us in a gf.. this is 1 thing we need more of. When the team is down and odds are against you and all the supporters start singing or chanting you're song.. If a team is ever going to lift that would be the ideal time. Sick if the generic chants afl teams have.

Bring on West Coast, and well done Liverpool (my other love :p)

Went to the game tonight in the members level 1 mid pitch, cracking seats, cracking night, been looking forward to the game for so long and it was better than imagined just a sea of red. The build up all week in the city and the pubs tonight were over flowing just a brilliant atmosphere .

Never forget YNWA before the game it was truly magic and Stevie G knocking the first home capped it off!

Truly an unforgettable night.

I wish I went, 95k singing the greatest sport-related song in the world would have been an epic experience.

LostDoggy
26-07-2013, 05:05 PM
I wish I went, 95k singing the greatest sport-related song in the world would have been an epic experience.

Yea Marcov truly spine tingling! Had mates who went up for the Man U game as well and they were blown away by the difference. Sydney people have nothing on us the two atmospheres were miles apart. Melbourne for sport is on another level.

chef
26-07-2013, 05:11 PM
Yea Marcov truly spine tingling! Had mates who went up for the Man U game as well and they were blown away by the difference. Sydney people have nothing on us the two atmospheres were miles apart. Melbourne for sport is on another level.

Might have something to do with the team involved too, the passion that Liverpool supporters have is second to none IMO(not a knock on ManU either). The atmosphere at their game in Indonesia was the same.

Remi Moses
27-07-2013, 01:34 AM
Sydney love an event and a star.
Melbourne folk love sport, end of story.

LostDoggy
27-07-2013, 03:45 PM
Might have something to do with the team involved too, the passion that Liverpool supporters have is second to none IMO(not a knock on ManU either). The atmosphere at their game in Indonesia was the same.

Ever been in Kiwiland when the All Blacks play?

westdog54
27-07-2013, 03:56 PM

Beat me to it. Hearing 'God Defend New Zealand' in Dunedin without music would be spine-tingling.

chef
27-07-2013, 06:29 PM

I was talking about world wide, there's lots of places where the home team gets that sort of passion and atmosphere.

LostDoggy
28-07-2013, 10:26 AM

Maybe so but how do you explain the recent w.cup qualifiier, the lack of any noise bbefore the 85th minute was embarrassing and enough for me.

chef
28-07-2013, 10:40 AM
Don't know about you but I was sitting there pretty tense and quiet(on the couch) until will scored.

LostDoggy
29-07-2013, 05:25 AM
I was certainly worried when Cahill went off but screaming from the couch to make some noise. The one thing that makes it hard to win away is the crowd. In Sydney we might as well start 1-0 down a decent side would belt us.