PDA

View Full Version : You're Overatted: Scarlo to Maxwell

Ghost Dog
25-07-2013, 11:51 AM
Exceprt from MS's new book.

Rallying around Bartel, Scarlett said to Harvey: "You’re just a selfish old c---. You’re never going to win a flag. Your career has been a total waste." The Cats would win by 58 points, and Harvey had little influence with 19 disposals.
"We totally got under his skin, and he was furious for the rest of the game," Scarlett said.
"After the game, I went up to shake his hand. 'You right, mate? The game's over,' I said. That's how I played football. What happens on the field, stays on the field, and when the siren goes you always shake hands and walk away.

Um yeah, unless you're writing a book. (Rallying around Bartel, Scarlett said to Harvey: "You’re just a selfish old c---. You’re never going to win a flag. Your career has been a total waste." The Cats would win by 58 points, and Harvey had little influence with 19 disposals. "We totally got under his skin, and he was furious for the rest of the game," Scarlett said. "After the game, I went up to shake his hand. 'You right, mate? The game's over,' I said. That's how I played football. What happens on the field, stays on the field, and when the siren goes you always shake hands and walk away. Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/maxwell-overrated-scarlo-20130724-2qjy3.html#ixzz2a0vW9c6y) Then why not tell it to the whole world? Weak.

SlimPickens
25-07-2013, 12:45 PM
Isn't this about the Robert Harvey "incident". There is no mention of Maxwell?

LostDoggy
25-07-2013, 12:46 PM
isn't this about the robert harvey "incident". There is no mention of maxwell?

lol GD :D

Ghost Dog
25-07-2013, 12:51 PM
Yeah that paragraph I took was about Harvey. But that's the title of the article, and 90% of it is about him, as printed in theage ( via the link). Sorry for the confumigation.

jeemak
25-07-2013, 12:52 PM
I've heard that this guy is reputed to not like people unless he knows them, meaning his baseline position is to dislike.

bulldogtragic
25-07-2013, 12:54 PM
Damn. I thought Scarlo was going to tee-off on 'the big show'.

Flamethrower
25-07-2013, 07:47 PM
Matthew Scarlett is a very good judge of a lack of talent.

Happy Days
26-07-2013, 02:05 PM
http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/maxwell-overrated-scarlo-20130724-2qjy3.html

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
26-07-2013, 03:23 PM
Damn. I thought Scarlo was going to tee-off on 'the big show'.
Ha ha, nice one!

LostDoggy
26-07-2013, 03:23 PM
I've always liked Scarlo's honesty.

Ghost Dog
26-07-2013, 04:19 PM
I've always liked Scarlo's honesty.

Do you appreciate his hypocrisy?
Comes out and says " What's said on the field stays on the field". So I suppose publishing everything in a book keeps it on the field does it? What a joke.

Then, says " When the siren goes, shake hands and walk away", and yet admits he let an incident stew for three years and then gloats about his revenge.

This is school yard childishness and petty rubbish. In the old days, if you came out after you hung the boots and carried on about some bloke giving you a spray x years ago, and even bothered to publish a book on it, good god, imagine the reaction from the footballers of old.

Absolute hypocrite. Liked to live by the code, but won't retire by it. Save your $30.00 and donate it to the Western Bulldogs.

LostDoggy
26-07-2013, 04:49 PM
Do you appreciate his hypocrisy?
Comes out and says " What's said on the field stays on the field". So I suppose publishing everything in a book keeps it on the field does it? What a joke.

Then, says " When the siren goes, shake hands and walk away", and yet admits he let an incident stew for three years and then gloats about his revenge.

This is school yard childishness and petty rubbish. In the old days, if you came out after you hung the boots and carried on about some bloke giving you a spray x years ago, and even bothered to publish a book on it, good god, imagine the reaction from the footballers of old.

Absolute hypocrite. Liked to live by the code, but won't retire by it. Save your $30.00 and donate it to the Western Bulldogs.

When I read it I certainly felt the context meant that, you can sledge someone off the field and still be cool with each other off it. Even so you're right, it's a double standard to do that and then write about it in a book.

Remi Moses
26-07-2013, 06:19 PM
Give it one thing at least the book will be entertaining .
Some of the footy books have been snore feasts to be honest.
Best I've read was Brian Taylor's BT Diaries. An account of the 1990 season at Collingwood.
Gary Neville and Andre Agassi's book was also very good reads

Throughandthrough
27-07-2013, 09:02 AM
The best ever ever sports book is mayhem by Tim May. I've read it a few tines and have lent it to a few people who agree. Also easily the funniest book I've ever read as well