Bulldog Revolution
12-10-2007, 02:10 PM
Confirmed.

Tim Callan & pick 66 > Bulldogs
Pick 62 > Geelong

Similar deal to the one where we traded PBowden to Richmond

Go_Dogs
12-10-2007, 02:17 PM
Good deal. Those are the types I like for fringe players, change your draft order slightly, get back a player.

Go_Dogs
12-10-2007, 02:17 PM
Interesting that Saints went for Gardiner and King, for pick#90.

Raw Toast
12-10-2007, 03:46 PM
Similar deal to the one where we traded PBowden to Richmond

Yep, though I would've preferred a trade similar to the one where we got rid of Rawlings and downgraded our pick to do it :)

The Underdog
12-10-2007, 03:59 PM
Yep, though I would've preferred a trade similar to the one where we got rid of Rawlings and downgraded our pick to do it :)

I believe that was called Karma.

macca
13-10-2007, 01:08 AM
rawlings deal was an act of stupidity. We were stupid to get rid of pick 6 back then, and we had to pay part of his contract for 2 years after we traded him to the kangaroos. Now that is stupid.

bornadog
13-10-2007, 01:14 AM
rawlings deal was an act of stupidity. We were stupid to get rid of pick 6 back then, and we had to pay part of his contract for 2 years after we traded him to the kangaroos. Now that is stupid.

Hold on, if we had our time again, we would probably do the same thing. We are all smart in hindsight, but at the time Rawlings had just come off his best year. He took the most marks in the AFL playing CHF and we snagged him. His problem in the end was his dicky knees as he always had the talent to take a big contested mark.

bornadog
13-10-2007, 01:16 AM
Forgot to mention in an earlier thread that Eade has earmarked Callen as a tagger. He says he is a tough competitor and will be a run with player for us.

Sockeye Salmon
13-10-2007, 09:24 AM
Hold on, if we had our time again, we would probably do the same thing. We are all smart in hindsight, but at the time Rawlings had just come off his best year. He took the most marks in the AFL playing CHF and we snagged him. His problem in the end was his dicky knees as he always had the talent to take a big contested mark.

I started a thread on BF at the time asking everyone to lay it on the line. I hate the way some people make out that they're all geniuses after the event. There were a few against getting Rawlings but the overwhelming sentiment was pro-Rawlings.

bornadog
13-10-2007, 01:51 PM
I started a thread on BF at the time asking everyone to lay it on the line. I hate the way some people make out that they're all geniuses after the event. There were a few against getting Rawlings but the overwhelming sentiment was pro-Rawlings.

Exactly, at the time it was. We had the choice of taking Stevens or Rawlings and we were looking for that elusive power forward so took Rawlings.

dog town
13-10-2007, 02:05 PM
Yep remember that. Fairly sure I was pro-Rawlings at the time. Just dazzled by the thought of getting a big key forward. People forget that at the time he was the best contested mark in the game. His body let him down and Hawthorn knew it was coming which is why they wouldn't give him the contract he wanted. The Rawlings trade wasn't a bad idea but the Koops and Street episode was a debacle.

I am pretty sure I didn't want Nick Stevens in the PSD either.

Sockeye Salmon
13-10-2007, 03:55 PM
Yep remember that. Fairly sure I was pro-Rawlings at the time. Just dazzled by the thought of getting a big key forward. People forget that at the time he was the best contested mark in the game. His body let him down and Hawthorn knew it was coming which is why they wouldn't give him the contract he wanted. The Rawlings trade wasn't a bad idea but the Koops and Street episode was a debacle.

I am pretty sure I didn't want Nick Stevens in the PSD either.

I was cautiously Pro-Rawlings, but what I really wanted was to keep pick 6 and take Fergus Watts.

I notice that Watts was delisted today. Rawlings post-Hawthorn still achieved more than Watts did.

I'd give Watts another chance (unless attitude or his broken leg is an issue).

Bulldog Revolution
13-10-2007, 04:06 PM
I was cautiously Pro-Rawlings, but what I really wanted was to keep pick 6 and take Fergus Watts.

I notice that Watts was delisted today. Rawlings post-Hawthorn still achieved more than Watts did.

I'd give Watts another chance (unless attitude or his broken leg is an issue).

I was pro-Rawlings but I think the thing we were all stupid about was that he really had never been a forward. And even for a guy with a bad knee he never seemed particularly fit with us.

I thought after Gehrig left that Watts would get a much better go at being a key forward for them. When did he break his leg?

Dry Rot
13-10-2007, 04:27 PM
Early this season.

And I too was all for Rawlings. Didn't know that his knees were buggered.

LostDoggy
14-10-2007, 10:24 AM
Does anyone else think that this kid will do a bit for us this year? The fact that he is hard at it and quick will be something that we can use. The downside is that his kicking isn't great but if we use him well he gives us the type of player we can turn to to shut down a quality opposition small.
He sounds a bit like a 2007/08 version of Kym Koster and Brad Wira

Dry Rot
14-10-2007, 11:27 AM
I reckon we need a tagger and if he can do that role it's a huge plus. Ditto being a bit of a hard nut.

And after waiting in the wings for so long, he should be the most motivated player in the team.

LostDoggy
14-10-2007, 01:28 PM
I think SEN mentioned they will be having a talk to Callan soon.

LostDoggy
14-10-2007, 02:38 PM
Callan on SEN now.

Limit opportunities was the main reason to leave. He barracked for the Cats, loved the place but it was time to move on.

Opportunities are for a small defender or with a run with role in the midfield. He is up in QLD with his girlfriend at the moment.

Callan believes that the Cats success this year was due to the team work and the fact that they all played for each other.

He think the Dogs list is talented and will start training with them in November.

LostDoggy
14-10-2007, 02:39 PM
You stole my thunder BB !!!!!!!

LostDoggy
14-10-2007, 02:42 PM
You stole my thunder BB !!!!!!!

I was typing as he talked. ;)

LostDoggy
14-10-2007, 04:43 PM
I'm excited, I hope he can get a few decent games for us!

dog town
14-10-2007, 05:10 PM

I'd give Watts another chance (unless attitude or his broken leg is an issue). I remember after a Vic Metro game where Watts took about 5 contested marks that he was all you could think about. He certainly looked like he had everything you would want in a key forward. The game changed very quickly and I am not sure whether he is a great runner but I still would have thought he could have made it as a deep forward. I must admit I have not seen him play a great deal so I am not sure what happened to him.

benny
15-10-2007, 09:26 PM
Good luck callen wish you all the best

Bulldog Revolution
19-10-2007, 08:52 AM
There's now a picture on the site of both Callan and Hudson in Dogs jumpers

Callan looks very fit assuming it is his body and its not his head thrown on Matty Robbins etc

I think Callan will be given ever opportunity to claim a spot in the backline - is he quick enough to play on Aaron Davey/Jeff Farmer type?