PDA

View Full Version : Western Bulldogs chief executive Simon Garlick is bullish about the future

chef
28-07-2013, 11:35 AM
'The missing link is a marking forward. Liam Jones is a good player but doesn't have the tools to be the top banana.

Last year the Dogs went hard at injury-plagued Bomber Scott Gumbleton and only just missed. They have their sights set on another out-of-contract forward from Windy Hill this year in Stewart Crameri.

"We're going to be aggressive in bringing in some talent," Garlick said. "We're going to have a massive crack at a couple of mobile forward types."

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/western-bulldogs-chief-executive-simon-garlick-is-bullish-about-the-future/story-fni5fazt-1226686819753

Ghost Dog
28-07-2013, 11:36 AM
'The missing link is a marking forward. Liam Jones is a good player but doesn't have the tools to be the top banana.

Last year the Dogs went hard at injury-plagued Bomber Scott Gumbleton and only just missed. They have their sights set on another out-of-contract forward from Windy Hill this year in Stewart Crameri.

"We're going to be aggressive in bringing in some talent," Garlick said. "We're going to have a massive crack at a couple of mobile forward types."

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/western-bulldogs-chief-executive-simon-garlick-is-bullish-about-the-future/story-fni5fazt-1226686819753

Would be steering clear of any Essendon players for a good while.
People are a bit harsh on Jones. I think he does have the tools to be top forward at the club. His kicking is his weakest point, and I'd like us to get back Barry Hall or someone to work with him. It's all about how we develop him.

chef
28-07-2013, 11:42 AM
Would be steering clear of any Essendon players for a good while.People are a bit harsh on Jones. I think he does have the tools to be top forward at the club. His kicking is his weakest point, and I'd like us to get back Barry Hall or someone to work with him. It's all about how we develop him.

Might be the perfect time to get one IMO, looking for a fresh start.

Ghost Dog
28-07-2013, 11:48 AM
Might be the perfect time to get one IMO, looking for a fresh start.

Worried about hangover bans and the like?
May be a few senior Saints players as well.
Will be a very interesting draft period for us. Hope we get a few wins to give potential recruits some confidence in where we are going.

chef
28-07-2013, 12:17 PM
Worried about hangover bans and the like?
May be a few senior Saints players as well.
Will be a very interesting draft period for us. Hope we get a few wins to give potential recruits some confidence in where we are going.

I'm not, really think they'll just punish the club and not the players.

Was Crameri involved?

bulldogtragic
28-07-2013, 12:20 PM
I'm not, really think they'll just punish the club and not the players.

Was Crameri involved?
Everyone on the list in 2012.

With what WADA has to say, I'm not as confident the players coming to us would be without risk.

LostDoggy
28-07-2013, 12:58 PM
Gumbleton is a more one dimensional player than jones so don't see how he could be a saviour, Crameri would be a solid pickup.

chef
28-07-2013, 03:06 PM
With White being uncontracted at the end of the year, is he a FA ?

bornadog
28-07-2013, 03:15 PM

Hopefully Liam isn't reading this.

LostDoggy
28-07-2013, 03:28 PM
Hopefully Liam isn't reading this.

That was from the author not Garlick

LostDoggy
28-07-2013, 08:41 PM
Everyone on the list in 2012.

With what WADA has to say, I'm not as confident the players coming to us would be without risk.

You'd hope the bans will be announced long before trade week. As long as there's a Plan B, we're sweeters.