PDA

View Full Version : Club and Players on Twitter

bulldogtragic
29-07-2013, 03:16 PM
Do you follow the club or players on social media?

I've just started following a heap on twitter, adds another dimension to players as people I think.

Higgins was last night tweeting about 'the block', maybe he's interested in real estate... Dahl watches 'the voice'!

Today Howard copped some abuse, which Jarrad Grant cleared up... Howard copped this spray "no Howard. You should have drawn a dick on YOUR head. You piece if insensitive moronic crap". Not sure Howie checked, but it was a young mum from USA, maybe mistaken ID. Howie's response "what the *!*!*!*! are you on about". Jarrad Grant jumped straight in with "#nothing".

Roughie has a sense of humour "I hope the big brother twist is that it's not coming back to Australian TV".

Lachie Hunter calls himself 'Form Analyst' :)

And so on.... Is there anyone in particular I should watch?

LostDoggy
29-07-2013, 03:18 PM
There's a Caroline Wilson double called Carowine Wilson or something similar. Gold.

bulldogsthru&thru
29-07-2013, 03:25 PM
There are a few good official bulldogs twitter accounts. Some provide rolling match updates and stats as well as post-match press conference comments from the coach which i always read

azabob
29-07-2013, 03:29 PM
Greg Baum from the AGE is very clever and amusing - worth following.

G-Mo77
29-07-2013, 03:30 PM
There's a Caroline Wilson double called Carowine Wilson or something similar. Gold.

One of my favorites. :D

Doc26
29-07-2013, 03:51 PM
Other than Murph (BobMurphy02), don't follow any players. Tends to be too much dribble. Follow a bunch of journos for quick news feeds and for getting a quick point across. Stevo (Stevo7AFL) and Sam Landsberger (SamLandsberger) are both good options from a Bulldog perspective. Actually Stevo is probably my favourite twitterer going around from an interest perspective. He does get some bagging for his supposed Bulldog bias. All power to him.

On Twitter, Jon Ralph retweeted a tweet from Terry Wallace (thelistmanager) last night of some interest. It went:

"Thanks to the Westerners for inviting me back to the Bulldogs and it was a great win #1sttimebacktothedogs"

azabob
29-07-2013, 04:09 PM
Other than Murph (BobMurphy02), don't follow any players. Tends to be too much dribble. Follow a bunch of journos for quick news feeds and for getting a quick point across. Stevo (Stevo7AFL) and Sam Landsberger (SamLandsberger) are both good options from a Bulldog perspective. Actually Stevo is probably my favourite twitterer going around from an interest perspective. He does get some bagging for his supposed Bulldog bias. All power to him.

On Twitter, Jon Ralph retweeted a tweet from Terry Wallace (thelistmanager) last night of some interest. It went:

"Thanks to the Westerners for inviting me back to the Bulldogs and it was a great win #1sttimebacktothedogs"

I find Stevens too channel seven centric. With seven news "breaking" all the stories not sure of the need for any other outlets.

Happy Days
29-07-2013, 04:30 PM
I find Stevens too channel seven centric. With seven news "breaking" all the stories not sure of the need for any other outlets.

Stevens tweets about anything non-footy related are unbearable.

LostDoggy
29-07-2013, 05:12 PM
Stevens is good for Bulldogs stuff. Always tweeting support and news, no surprise being a Bulldogs supporter n all.

Cooney, Minno and Murphy are must follows. Even the nemesis, Lake is good, he and Cooney like to have a dig at each other. Jarrad Grant is right into the trots so gets a bit of tweet abuse if he doesnt share his tips ;)

GVGjr
29-07-2013, 07:19 PM
Don't worry about the players, OfficialWOOF is all you need on Twitter. ;)

GVGjr
29-07-2013, 07:21 PM

Great to have the Plough back at the club. He spent a lot of time at the Whitten Oval and should be welcome there any time.

boydogs
29-07-2013, 07:47 PM
There are a few good official bulldogs twitter accounts. Some provide rolling match updates and stats as well as post-match press conference comments from the coach which i always read

Recommend @Bulldogs_Live for game day commentary

LostDoggy
29-07-2013, 07:56 PM
Recommend Lin Jong off the back of this one hahaha

Lin Jong ‏@LinJong46 19 Jul
Mum talking about Clay Smith, did you send him flowers?
Me: No, he's a boy
Mum: boys need flowers too, bloody hell!

Doc26
29-07-2013, 08:04 PM
Great to have the Plough back at the club. He spent a lot of time at the Whitten Oval and should be welcome there any time.

I was one more than miffed with Terry for departing as he did but we need more on our side with influence to lend support to the Club. Much water has gone under the bridge and is time to move on. Hopefully Terry can play some part in driving us onwards and upwards.

GVGjr
29-07-2013, 08:08 PM
I was one more than miffed with Terry for departing as he did but we need more on our side with influence to lend support to the Club. Much water has gone under the bridge and is time to move on. Hopefully Terry can play some part in driving us onwards and upwards.

Yep, he made a couple of wrong decisions very late in his career with us but it shouldn't wreck an otherwise near perfect long term relationship.

Hopefully the invitation by the Westerners leads to something more permanent. I'd like to think he feels confident and appreciated enough to walk into the club from time to time.

G-Mo77
29-07-2013, 08:12 PM
Forgive me, I was away all weekend and didn't get much news. I saw Wallace's tweets Sunday night is he back with us on an official level now?

GVGjr
29-07-2013, 08:16 PM
Forgive me, I was away all weekend and didn't get much news. I saw Wallace's tweets Sunday night is he back with us on an official level now?

Got an invite to the Westerners coterie group. Had a good day from all accounts. Very appreciative of the gesture.

G-Mo77
29-07-2013, 09:41 PM
Got an invite to the Westerners coterie group. Had a good day from all accounts. Very appreciative of the gesture.

Cheers G

SonofScray
29-07-2013, 11:19 PM
Big fan of twitter for a bit of extra access to the Club and players. I think our Club is exceptionally good at it, probably one of the aspects where being smaller is a strength. The quality of engagement is really high.

Terry Wallace gave me a follow after I gave him a wrap last night, that is cool.

Told Grant that he kicked a winning goal in the GF that played out in my dream about 12 months ago, his response "#gooddream"

Roughy is good value.

Twodogs
30-07-2013, 12:23 AM

Agree strongly. Always thought really highly of Plough-he was with us for a decade and a half.

Yep, he made a couple of wrong decisions very late in his career with us but it shouldn't wreck an otherwise near perfect long term relationship.

Hopefully the invitation by the Westerners leads to something more permanent. I'd like to think he feels confident and appreciated enough to walk into the club from time to time.

It might have been a messy end but the timing of his departure was right. I'm rapt to have him around the club even as a supporter.

bornadog
30-07-2013, 08:50 AM
Agree strongly. Always thought really highly of Plough-he was with us for a decade and a half.

It might have been a messy end but the timing of his departure was right. I'm rapt to have him around the club even as a supporter.

Isn't he a life member?

Twodogs
30-07-2013, 10:41 AM
Isn't he a life member?

I assume so but I'm not 100% sure.

LongWait
30-07-2013, 11:23 AM
Isn't he a life member?

I remember Terry mentioning on radio he was a Bulldogs life member BAD.

I'd like to see him back and engaged at the club - time to let bygones...

Mofra
30-07-2013, 11:27 AM

He bled for the club on field and helped change the culture of the club as a coach. Certainly welcome back anytime.

Greystache
30-07-2013, 11:35 AM
He bled for the club on field and helped change the culture of the club as a coach. Certainly welcome back anytime.

That's how I feel too.

He played a major role in giving the club back some respectability after a very low period. His time as coach is still the only time I genuinely believed we could win a premiership.

LostDoggy
30-07-2013, 05:05 PM
Yeah, I'm over being mad at him. I'm also getting over Callan Ward, but may still need some years on that one. Nathan Brown, less so.

bulldogtragic
23-09-2013, 09:19 PM
Love Jarrad Grant's sense of humour on twitter. Today he posed with a 'spindol fencing' truck and sent it to MMM hot breakfast.