PDA

View Full Version : Alastair Clarkson apologises for abusing VFL players

azabob
29-07-2013, 07:24 PM
Hawthorn coach Alastair Clarkson has apologised to two Port Melbourne players he reportedly abused during a VFL game on the weekend.
Clarkson called Toby Pinwill and John Baird on Monday, after Hawthorn received a letter from the VFL asking him to explain his behaviour at the quarter-time huddle of Port Melbourne's game against Hawthorn affiliate Box Hill.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/alastair-clarkson-apologises-for-abusing-vfl-players-20130729-2qujt.html

azabob
29-07-2013, 07:25 PM
Surely the AFL need to suspend him this time around, at the minimum a huge fine.

However, I must admit, I couldn't stop laughing when I found out.

Just imagine how angry he would be if the team he coached Melbourne!!

AndrewP6
29-07-2013, 07:28 PM
What an idiot. As if getting in strife at his sons U9 match wasn't dumb enough.

chef
29-07-2013, 08:36 PM
What a knob.

Ghost Dog
29-07-2013, 08:43 PM
Battle of Britain, Punching holes in the wall, Abusing Umpires at a Junior's game, now this.

mighty_west
29-07-2013, 08:44 PM
Serious anger management issues this bloke, perhaps a case of small man syndrome?

azabob
29-07-2013, 08:46 PM
Serious anger management issues this bloke, perhaps a case of small man syndrome?

Did you see how big his hawks polo shirt was on the weekend?

azabob
29-07-2013, 08:48 PM
Battle of Britain, Punching holes in the wall, Abusing Umpires at a Junior's game, now this.

He has also abused many a journo. There was one particular instance down in Tassie.

Caro won't know whether to write about essendon or Clarko for tomorrow's article!

Ghost Dog
29-07-2013, 08:59 PM
The story by Ian Aitken was horrible ( printed in Theage last year I think ). Basically stuffed this blokes footy career and cost him a fortune in dental bills. Hitting anyone from behind is a low act.

Leigh Matthews will attest, these incidents follow you wherever you go and cannot be erased.

westdog54
29-07-2013, 10:42 PM

Ripping a phone cord out of its socket in Adelaide...

bulldogtragic
29-07-2013, 10:51 PM
Little tool or big tool. Not sure which one suits him better?

LostDoggy
29-07-2013, 11:03 PM
What was said/occurred?

jeemak
29-07-2013, 11:04 PM
He's ongoing proof that you don't have to be even half decent as a person to be a half decent or better performer in the football industry.

The thing that annoys me about the football media is that none of the ex-players boys club call this guy out for being such a wanker, so often.

Greg Baum did once, after Clarkson's Tasmanian expletive ridden effort brilliantly though I can't find the article.

Anyway, Clarkson is a wanker. He was as a player and he is as a coach. Irrespective of his achievements he should be called out for being a wanker more often.

Remi Moses
30-07-2013, 12:47 AM
Would have loved to see him try this on the old Port Days.
He'd be coaching from the Monash medical centre

LostDoggy
30-07-2013, 08:38 AM
He's ongoing proof that you don't have to be even half decent as a person to be a half decent or better performer in the football industry.

The thing that annoys me about the football media is that none of the ex-players boys club call this guy out for being such a wanker, so often.

Greg Baum did once, after Clarkson's Tasmanian expletive ridden effort brilliantly though I can't find the article.

Anyway, Clarkson is a wanker. He was as a player and he is as a coach. Irrespective of his achievements he should be called out for being a wanker more often.

Next game against Hawthorn, let's get “Your coach is a wanker” on the backside of the banner eh?

mighty_west
30-07-2013, 10:42 AM
Would have loved to see him try this on the old Port Days.
He'd be coaching from the Monash medical centre

The days when little old Port Melb ladies would hang over the fence whacking opposition players with their brollies :D

mighty_west
30-07-2013, 10:44 AM
Did you see how big his hawks polo shirt was on the weekend?

I wonder if it was the size XS :D

always right
01-08-2013, 03:55 PM
One of football's great hypocrites. I'll always remember his sanctimonious statement several years back around the main objective at Hawthorn to make their players "better people". Perhaps he should start with himself. What he did at Port Melbourne is the sort of thing that can spark all-in supporter brawls.

I don't know who I detest listening to more.....Malthouse or Clarkson.

KT31
01-08-2013, 04:41 PM
One of football's great hypocrites. I'll always remember his sanctimonious statement several years back around the main objective at Hawthorn to make their players "better people". Perhaps he should start with himself. What he did at Port Melbourne is the sort of thing that can spark all-in supporter brawls.

I don't know who I detest listening to more.....Malthouse or Clarkson.

Clarkson by a country mile for me, he is a hypocrite and prize knob.
Malthouse may waffle on but I still have memories of him nearly taking us the whole way.