PDA

View Full Version : Bankers and Anchors- Round 20

Greystache
10-08-2013, 05:18 PM
This is the round 20 edition of the Weekly Bankers and Anchors Thread.

Please post your nominations for:

The Bankers = 3 players that we banked on to do the right thing during the game

The Anchors = 3 players that weighed us down by their errors or poor play

Please limit it to no more than three of each, but feel free to make honourable/dishonourable mentions. As usual try to make it constructive criticism.

The thread is named in honour of a popular WOOF Contributor, The Banker, who passed away on 22/04/2012 after a six month battle with cancer.

Greystache
10-08-2013, 08:38 PM
Fire away

Mofra
10-08-2013, 08:40 PM
Bankers:

Roughy - very happy with his progress
Libba - Elite. I'll say it. Elite.
Young - What a pick up, pick 72. Bargain.

Anchors:
Our kicking for goal (especially early). Needs to improve.

LostDoggy
10-08-2013, 09:03 PM
Bank:
Wood: Wasn't outstanding, but good to have you back.
Roughead: Popped up as a pleasant surprise when needed.
Grant: Seems like something is always going to happen when there is a loose ball in the 50m.

Anch:
Dickson: Foxtel want payment for watching that dude run off the mark.
Jones: Not a terrible game but come on man, the guy you played on was a 75kg 12 gamer!
Fox Footy: Not nearly enough footage of poopy Carlton fans in the last 5mins of the telecast.

Bulldog4life
10-08-2013, 09:14 PM
Bankers:

A great team effort.
The match ups by the coaching group was spot on.
Stevens for his grunt.

Anchors:
None today.

westbulldog
10-08-2013, 09:25 PM
Bankers
Grant - showed poise and class rivalling elite level.
Roughead - impeccable defensive game.
Young - becoming a very valuable recruit.

Anchors
none for us.
Insipid Carlton supporters giving their team a spray after the game.

bornadog
10-08-2013, 09:38 PM
Bankers

* Roughead, really gave his opponent a bath

* Grant - Has gained his confidence and is really starting to show us what he is capable of.

* Cooney - Sign him up, he adds that class that we lack.

Anchors

* Free Kick Count - Whether the umps favoured them or not, we can't give so many away.

* Goal Kicking - The first 9 behinds were all gettable goals, they weren't rushed at all.

* Delivery into the forward line, often woeful.

Ghost Dog
10-08-2013, 09:55 PM
Bankers

Luke Dahlhaus gives everything. His energy lifts those around him.

Grant - the flip side of being so laconic is he is extremely composed. A thinking man's footy player.

Midfield - not afraid to stick up for Liam - great work

Anchors - Goal kicking and as BAD said, delivery needs to be a bit cleaner.

I thought Bob was well held by Betts until he went off, and the difference was immediate. Maybe not an anchor Bob, just a small sinker, in the first half. Second half, no worries. Bob of old gold.

Doc26
10-08-2013, 10:30 PM
Bankers

Loving how the kid has turned his season around with ferocity at all the contests. Dahl's turnaround has coincided with the Team's improvement over the past month or so.

LostDoggy
10-08-2013, 11:02 PM
Bankers:

1. Tom “I Look Like Cooney” Young.
2. Roughead being our Brian Lake.
3. Libba for giving that free away sticking up for Pickles.

Honourable mention: Carlton fans for saving me the trouble of sticking it to the Blues players.

Anchors:

1. The goal posts for not getting into the right position until the second quarter and then trying to kill Campbell.
2. Ben Ryan's centre bounces.
3. Mrs. Griffen for not having twins.

G-Mo77
10-08-2013, 11:09 PM
Bankers

Grant. As I said in my votes, phenomenal.

Roughead and Morris. A joy to watch superb defence.

The team. Self belief is a wonderful thing.

Anchors

Goal kicking. Carlton had no business being in that game.

Carlton supporters. Flogs. Go eat your Lygon Subs underbelly wannabes.

Driving home, would have loved to have stayed and celebrated.

boydogs
10-08-2013, 11:20 PM
1. The goal posts for not getting into the right position until the second quarter and then trying to kill Campbell.

:D:D

SonofScray
10-08-2013, 11:35 PM
BANKERS

1. Wallis. One of the great scragging performances today as far as I could tell from L3. Just buried himself into his opponents armpit and went to work all day to the point of exhaustion. Loved it. Sacrificing his own game and potentially his reputation by applying himself to the task given with dogged determination and a ruthless mindset. It has turned his form around.

2. Libba in general, but specifically for the free he gave away against Waite. Dumped him hard when the umpire would not stand up and take control of the situation. Leadership. Just announced himself as a man not to be messed with.

3.Jarrad Grant. Just doing everything right at the moment. Particular note given to a bump he laid as he worked hard to the contest where the ball was pinging about and Carlton were just unable to get a clean possession, he cannoned in, hit the player and we mopped up the ball. Bulldog Tenacity.

ANCHORS

1. In the back rule. Did not exist for us tonight.
2. Goal kicking. We work too hard for the opportunities to blow so many chances.
3. CFC. Just a shit stain of a club, cheating bastards. pathetic. We are worse for their existence.

Raw Toast
11-08-2013, 01:39 AM
Bankers:

Honourable mention: Carlton fans for saving me the trouble of sticking it to the Blues players.

Anchors:

I'll wait to view the replay before seeing if I have anything to add, but this had me chuckling and then chuckling anew as I read it.

Varangian
11-08-2013, 01:52 AM
I'll wait to view the replay before seeing if I have anything to add, but this had me chucking and then chucking anew as I read it.

I pray good sir that you mean chuckling?

Dry Rot
11-08-2013, 02:05 AM
BANKERS

1. Wallis. One of the great scragging performances today as far as I could tell from L3. Just buried himself into his opponents armpit and went to work all day to the point of exhaustion. Loved it. Sacrificing his own game and potentially his reputation by applying himself to the task given with dogged determination and a ruthless mindset. It has turned his form around.

Match-ups are difficult to tell from a radio call.

Who was Wallis playing on?

Dry Rot
11-08-2013, 02:05 AM
3. CFC. Just a shit stain of a club, cheating bastards. pathetic. We are worse for their existence.

Like that. :D

Go_Dogs
11-08-2013, 02:20 AM
2. Libba in general, but specifically for the free he gave away against Waite. Dumped him hard when the umpire would not stand up and take control of the situation. Leadership. Just announced himself as a man not to be messed with.

I really liked it too. For a kid he has some serious strength. He pulled Waite off and dumped him with ease. Man, I love Libba.

LostDoggy
11-08-2013, 03:08 AM
Match-ups are difficult to tell from a radio call.

Who was Wallis playing on?

He played on Marc Murphy.

Dry Rot
11-08-2013, 03:10 AM
He played on Marc Murphy.

Thanks.

Given the flak Murphy is getting on Carlton forums, Wallis did an excellent job and a great scalp to get.

Has Wallis made Lower superfluous?

GVGjr
11-08-2013, 04:58 AM
Thanks.

Given the flak Murphy is getting on Carlton forums, Wallis did an excellent job and a great scalp to get.

Has Wallis made Lower superfluous?

Not at all. Lower was always a depth player not a walk up start to the best 22.

I hope Wallis isn't going to be a tagger for the balance of his his career. He should continue to evolve as a player.

I'm happy to have Lower on our list because he sets a standard for the younger players to follow.

always right
11-08-2013, 11:01 AM
B:
Roughead.....as accomplished a defender's game as I've seen him play...on a very good player in top form.
Picken.....many were calling for his head several weeks back and not without good cause. His last few weeks have been the Picken of old.
Grant.....how many times in the past have we been able to describe him as the most dangerous player on the ground?

A:
Umpire picking out marginal free kicks from 60 metres away.
Murphy getting free kicks for things that Griffen has put up with for years.
Another disappointing turnout of bulldogs supporters. What will it take for supporters to make the effort to come and watch a team who are now providing value for money?

azabob
11-08-2013, 12:19 PM
B:
Another disappointing turnout of bulldogs supporters. What will it take for supporters to make the effort to come and watch a team who are now providing value for money?

Personally I have never gone to away games. Going to the football ain't exactly cheap.

I'll go to all home games (in Melbourne) and very occasionally go to away games if there is a period where I can't go for a few weeks such as earlier in the year when we played in Darwin and there was quite a gap in between home games.

Out of interest do you go GA for both home and away?

Scorlibo
11-08-2013, 12:25 PM
B:
Roughead.....as accomplished a defender's game as I've seen him play...on a very good player in top form.
Picken.....many were calling for his head several weeks back and not without good cause. His last few weeks have been the Picken of old.
Grant.....how many times in the past have we been able to describe him as the most dangerous player on the ground?

A:
Umpire picking out marginal free kicks from 60 metres away.
Murphy getting free kicks for things that Griffen has put up with for years.

I see a Liam Picken who is completely new. He's never been the sort of player to get 27 touches off a flank, he's only ever been a serviceable tagger before now. He's come on in leaps and bounds the last month or so.

Good set of anchors there, I'll take them myself. That free which the secondary umpire picked out was beyond ridiculous - and I thought they couldn't get any worse, but then they pinged Murph for himself being jumper grabbed by Betts. You don't often see Murph abusing the umpire, that's when you know they've really cocked up. In general, the only reason the Blues were any sort of chance was because the umpires gave them about 10 clearance free kicks. Half through Murphy, half in the ruck duels.

Bankers:

Adam Cooney - just a delight to see him playing genuinely well again.
Luke Dahlhaus - lifted his work rate back up recently and he's heading towards being an elite player of the competition.
Tom Liberatore - this guy could be an amazing player. He's more than just a clearance king, he has great skills too.

EDIT: Actually if I was to give one original anchor, it would probably be Koby Stevens, he never looked settled with ball in hand and was even lazy occasionally with his disposal. Still has a lot to learn.

ratsmac
11-08-2013, 12:27 PM
Bankers:

Anchors:

Love it.

SonofScray
11-08-2013, 12:29 PM
Personally I have never gone to away games. Going to the football ain't exactly cheap.

I'll go to all home games (in Melbourne) and very occasionally go to away games if there is a period where I can't go for a few weeks such as earlier in the year when we played in Darwin and there was quite a gap in between home games.

GA home & away. Once you add in replacement games etc it in't often I find myself having to buy a ticket. Games like yesterday, in a season like this are simply why you just shouldn't miss it. Great day out.

LostDoggy
11-08-2013, 12:40 PM
Just on the umpires. I found myself sitting in the Carlton end near the goals as I went with an old mate who's a Carlton supporter and his kids wanted to sit there. All the better to debate the merits of ROUGHEADS DOMINATION I guess :). At one stage, the 10 or so moderately normal Carlton supporters surrounding us were forced to agree the goals score was OPSM 4, Carlton 5 and Bulldogs 10. Sometimes it's fun sitting with the enemy!

ratsmac
11-08-2013, 12:47 PM
Bankers

Grant - the flip side of being so laconic is he is extremely composed. A thinking man's footy player.

Midfield - not afraid to stick up for Liam - great work

Anchors - Goal kicking and as BAD said, delivery needs to be a bit cleaner.

I thought Bob was well held by Betts until he went off, and the difference was immediate. Maybe not an anchor Bob, just a small sinker, in the first half. Second half, no worries. Bob of old gold.

Dal has been great the last month. He lifts the team a lot like the way Jake King lifts the tigers. In saying that Dal is a much better player than king.

ratsmac
11-08-2013, 01:04 PM
BANKERS

Wallis - his gut running is setting the bar for what is expected.

Grant - he has found the work rate that gets him to the contest and the next contest after that. He looks like he belongs out there.

Young - I love this bloke. He never panics. I love his competitiveness.

ANCHORS

Umpires - Pfft, please there are two teams out there.

Goal kicking - we should of been 5 goals up at quarter time, and that's being modest.

Kicking into f50 - we are getting better at this, but we seem to always kick the ball to the defenders advantage more than ours.

F'scary
11-08-2013, 01:29 PM
Here are 3 bankers who flew under the radar:

1. Austin - based on today, he might be closer to making the senior list at the end of the year than many think.
2. Stevens - not brilliant but consistent.
3. Tutt - good sub role. Fresh and pacy.

Anchors:

1. Jones - played just ok but should have had a big one yesterday.
2. Dickson, Dahlhaus, Addison, Cross, et al missing easy or gettable goals.
3. Delivery on to the forward line still a work in progress.

always right
11-08-2013, 01:44 PM

Yes I do and always have. The family fronts up every week which hasn't been easy the last couple of years. Thankfully I have a 19 year old daughter who pushes us to maintain the faith:)

I'm not potting people who don't attend for financial reasons...I'm just staggered that there could possibly so many in that situation that has caused such a drop off in attendance. We are currently going through the most positive period for the club in the last three years and I struggle to understand why people would not want to jump aboard.

G-Mo77
11-08-2013, 01:46 PM
Anchors:

1. Jones - played just ok but should have had a big one yesterday.

I stood behind the goals yesterday so got a good view of the forwards which I rarely see up close. Jones was doing better on Watson and then got Bootmsa when he Watson went off injured. Bootsma did well and probably beat Jones in most 1 on 1 contest which I found really disappointing.

He'll be stronger after another pre-season so his body work should get better with that. Hopefully.

LostDoggy
11-08-2013, 01:47 PM
Other supporters not showing up means free level 1 seats for us at home games.

F'scary
11-08-2013, 02:33 PM
I stood behind the goals yesterday so got a good view of the forwards which I rarely see up close. Jones was doing better on Watson and then got Bootmsa when he Watson went off injured. Bootsma did well and probably beat Jones in most 1 on 1 contest which I found really disappointing.

He'll be stronger after another pre-season so his body work should get better with that. Hopefully.

Thanks for that - Jones had a considerable height & weight advantage - that's why I gave the anchor.

LostDoggy
11-08-2013, 02:36 PM

Read my lips: I won't give up on Jones.
But seriously man! He has to start destroying someone on a regular basis?
To say "another preseason", Bootsma weighs around 75kg. He should have gave him a bath 1 on 1. Definatley disappointing.

bornadog
11-08-2013, 03:07 PM
EDIT: Actually if I was to give one original anchor, it would probably be Koby Stevens, he never looked settled with ball in hand and was even lazy occasionally with his disposal. Still has a lot to learn.

I think he is travelling just ok, needs to improve his disposal and decision making.

SlimPickens
11-08-2013, 03:19 PM
I think he is travelling just ok, needs to improve his disposal and decision making.

Kobys game yesterday shows an interesting correlation with the stats. His disposal efficiency was at 95%, yet many (me included) didn't think he used it that well.

bornadog
11-08-2013, 03:21 PM
Kobys game yesterday shows an interesting correlation with the stats. His disposal efficiency was at 95%, yet many (me included) didn't think he used it that well.

That is interesting.

SlimPickens
11-08-2013, 03:23 PM
Bankers

Grant- Work rate outstanding and great reward for effort.

Dahl- fantastic defensive work, just loving the way he is going about his footy at the moment.

Gia- crucial goal to slow there moment at the end of the third.

Anchor
Goal kicking- could of been a much bigger result.

No more to give, thought all played there roles very well.

Scorlibo
11-08-2013, 03:48 PM

It was the sort of game where 47.5% of that must be credited to the receiver, don't you think? Hospital handballs and dinky kicks that fell just short.

SlimPickens
11-08-2013, 03:52 PM
It was the sort of game where 47.5% of that must be credited to the receiver, don't you think? Hospital handballs and dinky kicks that fell just short.

Guess it's more of a commentary on how DE as a stat isnt the be all and end all. I was surprised to see such a high efficiency in Kobys game.

He is certainly prone to the hospital hand pass although some of his offensive hand balling yesterday was very good.

Remi Moses
11-08-2013, 04:13 PM
Bankers - Grant ( playing with confidence)
Austin ( did a great job on Waite. How about those Bronx cheers?)
Griffen( an elite player)
Cooney( terrific last couple of weeks)
Libba ( super game)
Roughead ( very solid outing)

Anchors just the goalkicking. We should have won this game by 10 goals

Scorlibo
11-08-2013, 05:39 PM
Can I just add another anchor: the Carlton crowd for booing (!) after Tom Campbell nearly killed himself hitting the post. Firstly, they were wrong because he very, very clearly marked the ball. Secondly, having some f**king tact, have some class. I thought Carlton supporters were better than that.

bornadog
11-08-2013, 06:21 PM
Can I just add another anchor: the Carlton crowd for booing (!) after Tom Campbell nearly killed himself hitting the post. Firstly, they were wrong because he very, very clearly marked the ball. Secondly, having some f**king tact, have some class. I thought Carlton supporters were better than that.

They are a disgrace just like the supporters of all the arrogant big clubs. A lady behind me was going off her head saying it wasn't a mark, and booing and carrying on. Meanwhile Campbell is lying on the ground and at that stage we didn't know if he was dead or alive.

always right
11-08-2013, 07:12 PM
Bankers - Grant ( playing with confidence)
Austin ( did a great job on Waite. How about those Bronx cheers?)
Griffen( an elite player)
Cooney( terrific last couple of weeks)
Libba ( super game)
Roughead ( very solid outing)

Anchors just the goalkicking. We should have won this game by 10 goals

Also thought Austin played well but wasn't Morris on Waite most of the game?

Doc26
11-08-2013, 08:04 PM
Also thought Austin played well but wasn't Morris on Waite most of the game?

Yes. Morris marked Waite whilst Austin was on Rowe.

LostDoggy
11-08-2013, 10:53 PM
Yes I do and always have. The family fronts up every week which hasn't been easy the last couple of years. Thankfully I have a 19 year old daughter who pushes us to maintain the faith:)

I'm not potting people who don't attend for financial reasons...I'm just staggered that there could possibly so many in that situation that has caused such a drop off in attendance. We are currently going through the most positive period for the club in the last three years and I struggle to understand why people would not want to jump aboard.
Like you Always Right I am not potting people who do not go for financial reasons, I am potting those who have paid for home game seats and do not go, I realise there will be some valid reasons, we had home games where there were more opposition supporters than us. What erks me the most is when we come good they will be in the front if the queue and us that follow them through thick and thin get pushed to the back of he queue. I am a strong believer that us go go every week should be rewarded with some priority when finals come around next for us. Rant over and out !

LostDoggy
11-08-2013, 11:21 PM
Like you Always Right I am not potting people who do not go for financial reasons, I am potting those who have paid for home game seats and do not go, I realise there will be some valid reasons, we had home games where there were more opposition supporters than us. What erks me the most is when we come good they will be in the front if the queue and us that follow them through thick and thin get pushed to the back of he queue. I am a strong believer that us go go every week should be rewarded with some priority when finals come around next for us. Rant over and out !

No doubt .. Priority should be given to the member who swipe their members card each week. Full attendance top of the queue and so down the line of attendance.

Remi Moses
11-08-2013, 11:29 PM
Yes. Morris marked Waite whilst Austin was on Rowe.

He did to! Me Bad
Thought he played well and I'd keep him on the list ahead of Markovic

LostDoggy
12-08-2013, 01:18 AM

Learnt your lesson?

My first experience with Carlton fans was a drunk bloke wanting to bash me when I was about ten years old.

Remi Moses
12-08-2013, 02:02 AM
Even their cheer squad were obnoxious when I was a kid.
There was a proposal that Footscray J.U.S.T play at the western oval.
(Little bit of coin for the club)
Carlton cheer squad's banner read " Footscray just another failure"
Clever play on words from those arrogant little sods

bornadog
12-08-2013, 08:42 AM
Even their cheer squad were obnoxious when I was a kid.
There was a proposal that Footscray J.U.S.T play at the western oval.
(Little bit of coin for the club)
Carlton cheer squad's banner read " Footscray just another failure"
Clever play on words from those arrogant little sods

And we also have the tragic history comments by failed businessman Elliott

whythelongface
12-08-2013, 08:59 AM
Bankers

1/ Defensive pressure - this part of our game has improved markedly over the course of the year. We are creating turnovers;

2/ Tackling - part of our defensive pressure but deserves special mention. I love how we often tackle in pairs and either forcing the ball loose or holding the ball in.

3/ Half back line - thought were really impressive on the weekend continually creating opportunities further up the ground.

Anchors

1/ Only anchor was that we didn't take the opportunities when we should have. Could have been 4 or 5 goals up at Qtr time. But in saying that the fact that we created so many opportunities was a pleasing aspect of our game.

SonofScray
12-08-2013, 09:32 AM

Yep. Scum of a club.

Add to the list I was in the 'Legends' Stand for a game v them and saw a Calrton member, male, walk over and assault a Bulldog supporter, a lady sitting down in her seat with her kids. It was unprovoked from what I can remember. A few punches to the face, broke her jaw. It was the most disgraceful thing I've seen.

No one did anything. Except the Carlton fans who cheered him on.

Ozza
12-08-2013, 11:00 AM
Bankers:

Wallis - love when he beat Murphy in close, got up and got involved in a chain of handballs on the spread which led to a goal. Great day overall for him, with this as a highlight.

Grant - its like we have recruited a number 5 draft pick who has been in the system for 6 years.....

Griffen - for showing the likes of Marc Murphy how its done, in terms of playing with a tag and just working them over.

Anchors:

Just the poor kicking at goal - and some sloppy F50 entries.

LostDoggy
12-08-2013, 11:26 AM
Banker:

Jordan Roughead, what a game he played. Henderson is just about in as good a form as any forward in the comp the last month or so. Roughy killed him.

I don't know about anyone else, but when the ball is coming in long and Roughead is in the area, i just feel safe.

KT31
12-08-2013, 11:33 AM
Bankers :
- Continual improvement of the young brigade.

- Gia's leadership on and off the field.

- Our desperation to win the ball and the contest.( its was like having 12 Libba senior's on the ground)

Anchors :

Shots at goal's - we should have blown them out of the water before half time.

whythelongface
12-08-2013, 11:39 AM
Banker:

Jordan Roughead, what a game he played. Henderson is just about in as good a form as any forward in the comp the last month or so. Roughy killed him.

I don't know about anyone else, but when the ball is coming in long and Roughead is in the area, i just feel safe.

Agree. He has a really good overhead mark and generally reads the play well. A bit slow off the mark sometimes, but his strengths far outweigh his weaknesses. This was a bold move by the coaching staff and it has brought stability to our backline.

Sedat
12-08-2013, 11:42 AM
I loved seeing this. It shows that our players care for each other and won't take any rubbish from the opposition.

jeemak
12-08-2013, 11:50 AM

I scored Medallion Club tickets for Saturday afternoon through work, hosted a few Carlton supporters so it was an excellent afternoon.

Anyway, I saw that irrelevant old fart and I considered giving him a bit of lip about how much of an arse he is. But as he came closer the realisation that he's pathetic, friendless and most likely senile dawned on me so I didn't bother.

Greystache
12-08-2013, 11:56 AM
I scored Medallion Club tickets for Saturday afternoon through work, hosted a few Carlton supporters so it was an excellent afternoon.

Anyway, I saw that irrelevant old fart and I considered giving him a bit of lip about how much of an arse he is. But as he came closer the realisation that he's pathetic, friendless and most likely senile dawned on me so I didn't bother.

His office is near a bar in the city we often drink at after work on a Friday and we see him regularly. The thing that really stood out to me is how small and insignificant he is. He's barely taller than my belt buckle and screams little man trying to overcompensate.

Ozza
12-08-2013, 12:34 PM
His office is near a bar in the city we often drink at after work on a Friday and we see him regularly. The thing that really stood out to me is how small and insignificant he is. He's barely taller than my belt buckle and screams little man trying to overcompensate.

Mitre Tavern?

Greystache
12-08-2013, 12:48 PM
Mitre Tavern?

That's the one.

Cyberdoggie
12-08-2013, 01:20 PM
Bankers:
1. Griffen: Quality once again, hopefully with us winning some game he might come closer to a brownlow this year.
2. Cooney: His zip is back again. Should of signed him up a month ago, his price might go up now.
3. Great team effort and we are playing some good patches of footy now. Some lovely handball links and players backing themselves to go through the middle more.
4. Our cheersquad!, where have they been all year. It looked to be 5x the size for an away game, yet on home games there seems to be about 10 of them.

Anchors:
1. Jones: Looks lost. I watched him closely again and his forward craft is non existent. He looks like a defender that has been asked to go forward for the first time.
He has no idea how to use his strength, his arms or his body to give him some space from his opponent. Just runs straight at the ball with an opponent on his heels ready to spoil him.
Life would be so much easier for him if he could work out how to give a little shove before his lead. Frankly i'm amazed the coaching staff haven't worked on this because he has no idea.

2. Addison: Once again inaccurate and in-effective. Took a nice mark and one nice bump but apart from that he's a spud.

3. Carlton supporters: Always been my number 1 most hated opposition club supporters and they didn't let me down. There must be a giant moron magnet hovering above visy park because they are complete nuffies.

always right
12-08-2013, 01:27 PM
Bankers:
2. Addison: Once again inaccurate and in-effective. Took a nice mark and one nice bump but apart from that he's a spud.

Not wanting to be too precious but I really hate this term being applied to our players, particularly someone who gives as much as Addison. Bit of respect please. He's not the most talented player on our list but he has attributes he uses to good effect. Anyone who has played as many games as he has does not deserve to be labelled a spud.

Cyberdoggie
12-08-2013, 01:35 PM
Not wanting to be too precious but I really hate this term being applied to our players, particularly someone who gives as much as Addison. Bit of respect please. He's not the most talented player on our list but he has attributes he uses to good effect. Anyone who has played as many games as he has does not deserve to be labelled a spud.

I didn't think spud was that harsh a term.
perhaps i should just replace it with 'not very good'

G-Mo77
12-08-2013, 01:50 PM
Apart from Saturday I've found Addison's set shots at goal to be quite good this season.

always right
12-08-2013, 01:58 PM
I didn't think spud was that harsh a term.
perhaps i should just replace it with 'not very good'

I reserve it for my most detested players in opposition teams:)

bornadog
12-08-2013, 02:17 PM

Hey Jeemak I was in the medallion club as well. Nice spot to watch the game. I was pissed off the BBQ had been replaced widths crappy pizza on the outside terrace.

jeemak
12-08-2013, 02:54 PM
Hey Jeemak I was in the medallion club as well. Nice spot to watch the game. I was pissed off the BBQ had been replaced widths crappy pizza on the outside terrace.

It is a really good spot to watch from.

We had lunch at the Woolshed prior to the game. I've eaten at a couple of the Medallion Club restaurants previously and found them to be over priced (which is strange for Docklands, I know). Did they used to BBQ on the terrace outside the main bar?

bornadog
12-08-2013, 03:36 PM
It is a really good spot to watch from.

We had lunch at the Woolshed prior to the game. I've eaten at a couple of the Medallion Club restaurants previously and found them to be over priced (which is strange for Docklands, I know). Did they used to BBQ on the terrace outside the main bar?

Yes out side the main bar.