PDA

View Full Version : Justin Cordy

The Coon Dog
13-10-2007, 09:33 AM
Todays Herald Sun reports that Brett Montgomery, Jason McCartney & Justin Cordy have joined the Carlton coaching staff.

Is that the same fitness guru Justin Cordy that left us 12 months ago to go to Cricket Australia?

LostDoggy
13-10-2007, 10:07 AM
Ahh! I'm quite certain i read somewhere that Brett Montogmery went to Carlton to be an assisant coach?

wb_age
13-10-2007, 11:47 AM
Justin Cordy is a gold digger! Left us for more cash with Cricket Australia and now is on his knees for Mr Visy and his blues.

Carlton will improve a heap with the acquisition of Cordy and Judd.

Go_Dogs
13-10-2007, 12:11 PM
We need to bring the cheque book out.

Bulldog Revolution
13-10-2007, 04:32 PM
Justin Cordy is a gold digger! Left us for more cash with Cricket Australia and now is on his knees for Mr Visy and his blues.

He is notoriously fickle and you do have to wonder about anyone who doesnt stay with any one team very long

LostDoggy
14-10-2007, 10:14 AM
Sounds like he is full of his own importance and the fact that he never actually finishes anything is not a good sign. Plenty of people are good at creating the concept but poor on the actual delivery of it.

LostDoggy
14-10-2007, 10:31 AM
He might be good but I doubt he is the only that could get our guys in A1 condition. Who else is available?

Bulldog Revolution
15-10-2007, 06:18 PM
Sounds like he is full of his own importance and the fact that he never actually finishes anything is not a good sign. Plenty of people are good at creating the concept but poor on the actual delivery of it.

Exactly - someone like him who constantly jumps around you have to ask yourself exactly what contribution have they really made to the places they have worked?

Or have their employers figured out the are very good on spin/rhetoric but not so good on delivery

dog town
15-10-2007, 06:39 PM
I am sure this has already been covered somewhere but is it true that this season our fitness and conditioning was looked after by the guy that Geelong sacked last year and pretty much blamed for its poor season?

lukedarcy14
15-10-2007, 06:54 PM
dont hold me to this could be all rumours but have heard bulldogs have spoken to ex kangaroo hard-man glenn Archer, Cant Garantee anything will happen just been told, He would be great addition to the club since in 2007 we lacked alot of toughness and grunt, his the best man for it

Raw Toast
15-10-2007, 06:55 PM
I am sure this has already been covered somewhere but is it true that this season our fitness and conditioning was looked after by the guy that Geelong sacked last year and pretty much blamed for its poor season?

Don't think so. We pinched the guy Geelong brought in mid-way through 2006 to replace that one IIRC. We did however employ the one they sacked to look into our 5 knee reconstructions from last year I think. Be good if we could get their current fitness staff.

BTW Whichever Cordy this is (if it is the one we had or not) I hope he is crap (just as a matter of principle being employed by Carlton). But if he is the one we had, he might hop around, but he did have us in excellent condition and our administration seemed pretty disappointed he left.

Fitness is obviously a huge issue and could be the making or breaking of a coach like Eade which is ironic really given that it's not his area of expertise. I know that the salary and standing of recruiters has shot up recently. Looks like the same is now happening with both development coaches (following Collingwood) and fitness staff.

Sockeye Salmon
15-10-2007, 09:33 PM
It is the same guy we had a few years back. Stephen Icke made a trip to India recently to seal the deal.

The guy Geelong kicked out, Loris whateverhisnamewas, came back as a consultant to try and find a reason for us having 5 knee recos in one year.

The guy we got from Geelong was Falchoon (sp?) who was the guy Geelong pinched from Fulham in the EPL. As an aside, it was reported when he got here that he was amazed at the fitness levels of AFL players compared to the EPL guys. He made some comment about EPL players being spoilt and up themselves and too selfish to work hard enough.

Bulldog Revolution
17-10-2007, 05:07 PM
The guy we got from Geelong was Falchoon (sp?) who was the guy Geelong pinched from Fulham in the EPL. As an aside, it was reported when he got here that he was amazed at the fitness levels of AFL players compared to the EPL guys. He made some comment about EPL players being spoilt and up themselves and too selfish to work hard enough.

It was Cameron Falloon - I dont remember seeing those comments, I've always thought the EPL guys were pretty fit

Templeton31
17-10-2007, 05:30 PM
It was Cameron Falloon - I dont remember seeing those comments, I've always thought the EPL guys were pretty fit

I think those comments were actually made by Dr Chris Bradshaw, the geelong doctor who returned from an EPL stint and before his EPL stint was Richmond Doctor.

Sockeye Salmon
17-10-2007, 06:07 PM
I think those comments were actually made by Dr Chris Bradshaw, the geelong doctor who returned from an EPL stint and before his EPL stint was Richmond Doctor.

That was probably it.

Tony
20-10-2007, 11:15 AM

This is quite correct. At the end of 2006 we picked up Cameron Fallon, who was sacked from Geelong.

On a personal note, since his inclusion at the club I do not think we looked any where as fast as the previous two season.

GVGjr
20-10-2007, 11:31 AM
This is quite correct. At the end of 2006 we picked up Cameron Fallon, who was sacked from Geelong.

On a personal note, since his inclusion at the club I do not think we looked any where as fast as the previous two season.
I started to notice that this year although I thought we were very quick in 2006.

If we could sacrifice some speed for a bit more size and strength it might be good for us.

Dry Rot
20-10-2007, 12:25 PM

Welcome to WOOF Tony.

Do you think we lost speed, or other sides just figured us out and we couldn't use whatever running/speed we had?

Tony
20-10-2007, 12:29 PM
I started to notice that this year although I thought we were very quick in 2006.

If we could sacrifice some speed for a bit more size and strength it might be good for us.

Yea, either we were slower or everyone else got faster and we stayed the same. With regards to Cameron Fallon though, from what I understand his methods do not focus a lot on leg strength and I would have said this year we did not seem to be able to stand up in tackles or break them as easily. As for upper body strength I am not sure there was a huge improvement.

Also from what I understand some of the playing group are not very happy with his methods.

Tony
20-10-2007, 12:33 PM
Welcome to WOOF Tony.

Do you think we lost speed, or other sides just figured us out and we couldn't use whatever running/speed we had?

Thanks Dry Rot.

I think if we have a look at the teams that improved a lot this year, you can see some of the play on at all costs football we played at the end of 2005 and the 2006 season. Yet again I think injuries to key players at certain points in the season hurt us but, as I said in my previous post I am not convinced the current fitness program implemented by Cameron is working.

Topdog
20-10-2007, 01:02 PM
I think if we have a look at the teams that improved a lot this year, you can see some of the play on at all costs football we played at the end of 2005 and the 2006 season. Yet again I think injuries to key players at certain points in the season hurt us but, as I said in my previous post I am not convinced the current fitness program implemented by Cameron is working.

I'd wait a little before fully believing either way with fitness programs. The players seem to be fairly into going off that article on the www.afl.com.au site today.

Raw Toast
23-10-2007, 06:27 PM
Just giving the link for the piece on the dogs website about our fitness program.

It'll obviously be awhile before we can judge its effectivness but good that we've had relatively few post-season ops this year, and I find the idea of a fully fit Cooney pretty exciting.

http://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/Default.aspx?tabid=4112&newsId=52643