PDA

View Full Version : Match Committee- Round 22 vs Brisbane

Greystache
18-08-2013, 04:07 PM
If you were on the match committee what changes would you make for next Sunday's game against Brisbane in Brisbane?.

As usual a brief explanation for your changes would be good for discussions.

azabob
18-08-2013, 09:19 PM
Was Young injured?

GVGjr
18-08-2013, 09:20 PM
Was Young injured?

Not sure.

I know the Addison supporters won't be happy but I'd add Macrae for Addison.

bulldogtragic
18-08-2013, 09:22 PM
Macrae, Jones and Marko named in bests. Jones with 3 goals. Willi won. FYI.

LostDoggy
18-08-2013, 09:34 PM
Tough one, Jones or MacRae for Addison, though I still think Addison is giving us good structure, I think if Big Tom keeps up his good work than he is enough.

josie
18-08-2013, 09:52 PM
I'd make Jones play another good VFL game - to earn a senior's call up.

No changes unless Young injured & if he is, is Taila OK to bring in?

Did Roberts play and is he playing well enough for call up this year or do we save him for 2014?

LostDoggy
18-08-2013, 09:54 PM
I'd make Jones play another good VFL game - to earn a senior's call up.

No changes unless Young injured & if he is, is Taila OK to bring in?

Did Roberts play and is he playing well enough for call up this year or do we save him for 2014?

Markovic and Jones were the best performed key position players in the vfl it seems.

Go_Dogs
18-08-2013, 10:24 PM
Without knowing the wash up with injuries and sore bodies, I'd bring in Jones for Addison and Macrae for Young.

Jones needs to play as often as possible and wasn't too bad last week although not a strong performance. Addison has had a few quiet weeks and although I feel he has done some good things someone has to make way and he's the nearest to the pin.

Macrae has looked tired but should be refreshed now and deserves to string together another game or two before the seasons out. Young has been great and is certainly a best 22 player but he's still a kid and may need a rest as he looked out on his feet or potentially a bit injured.

bornadog
18-08-2013, 10:47 PM
Stringer is done for the season - he was in the social club today and looks like they will save him for next season.

GVGjr
18-08-2013, 10:48 PM
Stringer is done for the season - he was in the social club today and looks like they will save him for next season.

And it's been a fine debut season.

The Underdog
18-08-2013, 10:53 PM

I was wondering today if they'd shut him down already. Not a bad call to do it at this point.

Don't think Young was injured, thought he had one of his worst games though. Very fumbly early. Think he's earned another shot.
Agree with the thought that Addison hasn't done enough to justify his place in the last couple of weeks.
Would like to see Macrae or Tutt come in, Hunter to play forward.

Happy Days
18-08-2013, 11:13 PM
I'd bring in Macrae for Addison. If Macrae isn't right to go then Tutt, who never should have been dropped in the first place.

Young wasn't injured, just a little fatigued. He really didn't seem to be able to provide any of the link up that he's looked so good at, and got torched by Lynch right before he came off. But like others have said if he's fit he's earned some credits.

westdog54
18-08-2013, 11:29 PM

Good decision IMO. Just not worth risking. Would be tempted to do the same with Talia and let Austin play out the season.

bornadog
18-08-2013, 11:46 PM
Good decision IMO. Just not worth risking. Would be tempted to do the same with Talia and let Austin play out the season.

According to Craigsahibee Talia suffers from sinus issues and his medication prohibited him from playing.

He played at Willi this week as I guess Austin played so well last week we couldn't drop him. I think the match ups will play an important role for next week.

Greystache
19-08-2013, 12:12 AM
In- Jones

Out- Addison

With Campbell doing such a good job as the deep forward I'd like to see Jones playing higher up the ground as a marking option. Addison does a good job presenting up but Jones is a better mark. I'd put it on Jones to provide that or Addison will be straight back. Without any injuries I wouldn't make any other changes.

PedroArvy
19-08-2013, 12:18 AM
All of a sudden I feel like we have depth. What a change, not sure what to do!

G-Mo77
19-08-2013, 12:23 AM
Jones sounded like he did well and we really missed someone leading up the wing when Adelaide put the clamps on. It was a real stagnant forward line for a lot of the 2nd and most of the 3rd. I'd be trying to get him in next game.

westbulldog
19-08-2013, 02:18 AM
No change

bornadog
19-08-2013, 08:48 AM
Jones sounded like he did well and we really missed someone leading up the wing when Adelaide put the clamps on. It was a real stagnant forward line for a lot of the 2nd and most of the 3rd. I'd be trying to get him in next game.

When Campbell goes into the ruck the forward line lacks a big body. Grant shouldnot have had to face Talia, Jones should have played.

Mantis
19-08-2013, 12:25 PM
In- Jones

Out- Addison

With Campbell doing such a good job as the deep forward I'd like to see Jones playing higher up the ground as a marking option. Addison does a good job presenting up but Jones is a better mark. I'd put it on Jones to provide that or Addison will be straight back. Without any injuries I wouldn't make any other changes.

Agree.

As well as providing us with better structure, Jones playing frees up Grant who had to contend with Talia yesterday. Grant was serviceable playing on a true key defender, but is better served when he plays as the 3rd banana against a more suited opponent.

Cyberdoggie
19-08-2013, 04:33 PM
Agree.

As well as providing us with better structure, Jones playing frees up Grant who had to contend with Talia yesterday. Grant was serviceable playing on a true key defender, but is better served when he plays as the 3rd banana against a more suited opponent.

And hopefully pushing further up the ground rather than the last man back, which Campbell has shown he is better at already.

Raw Toast
19-08-2013, 04:38 PM
Agree.

I'm happy with the move as well, though don't mind Addison getting the chance to play for his career.

On Grant, I agree with Sockeye Salmon - he has to be thought of as a small forward/HFF, and thus judged with an awareness that his role is as much about pressure and repeat efforts as it is about score-board impact. With this in mind I had him as a bit more than serviceable yesterday - his pressure was pretty good, some repeat efforts were great, he did some good things down back, created a number of goals and also drew Talia away from Campbell.

In effect, by dropping Jones (whom Talia would likely have destroyed), we were able to disjoint Adelaide's defense, and while Grant didn't get a heap of it, around half or so of his possessions led to goals which pretty good for the role he's playing.

When Stringer replaces Addison then our forward-line will start to look truly dangerous, but that's a proposition for 2014 onwards now.

SlimPickens
19-08-2013, 04:46 PM
Out: Addison

In: Jones

Jones helps our structure, brings the ball to ground and is rarely out marked. Addison has been solid but think Jones offers us more.

Happy Days
19-08-2013, 04:49 PM
If we bring Jones in I'm all for him playing up the ground. He's actually quite a good field kick, but his lack of composure in tight situations inside 50, with not much time, really hurts him; compare this to Grant and the weakness is even more outstanding. He would really benefit with the extra space afforded up the ground to make decisions, as well as having a lot more space to lead in to.

boydogs
20-08-2013, 01:29 AM
I'm not sold on Jones playing up the ground, his strength is his contested marking which is something most needed in the forward 50. The way Campbell is playing I'm inclined to say no change.

Greystache
22-08-2013, 07:39 PM
Official Team

In- Tutt, McCrae, Jones

Out- Nil