PDA

View Full Version : Three Things I've Learned - Round 21 Edition

GVGjr
18-08-2013, 07:48 PM
Here we go again, once the match against the Crows is completed post the three things you've learned as a result of the game.

Be constructive but be honest.

Hotdog60
18-08-2013, 08:55 PM
Cordy will need to improve 300% to dislodge Campbell at this rate.

We won't lie down when the going gets tough.

You can be a quick side when your disposal efficacy is up.

bulldogtragic
18-08-2013, 08:59 PM
1. Wallis owns another 'bitch' after today.

2. Our players have enormous potential, it's just getting them to play to it often enough. When we do that, we look damn good.

3. Cross wants to play on, just watch him go about it.

Remi Moses
18-08-2013, 09:04 PM
1) better resolve amongst the group( would have been flogged last season)
2) ball movement has improved markedly
3) Campbell will be a good footballer.

ledge
18-08-2013, 09:19 PM
1 Macca knows what he is doing
2 Our forward line will function when we run to the right spots and our mids lower their eyes
3 We still have kids like Hrovat and Macrae to come !

bulldogtragic
18-08-2013, 09:23 PM
1 macca knows what he is doing
2 our forward line will function when we run to the right spots and our mids lower their eyes
3 we still have kids like hrovat and macrae to come !

and Stringer!

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
18-08-2013, 09:27 PM
1. We can win the final 4 games of the year -who would've thought that a few weeks ago?
2. Macca's oft spoken mantra of 'staying in the game longer when it's not going your way without letting the score blow out' is catching hold. We were totally outplayed in the 3rd quarter, but we didn't capitulate, and we even pulled a crucial couple goals back at the end, to get us right back in it.
3. We have a big decision to make at the end of the year with some of our senior guys that we thought were on their last legs. Cross and Gia have been performing important roles. Can we keep both, probably not. We might want to keep one though.

The bulldog tragician
18-08-2013, 09:37 PM
1. Our 17000 supporters sure make a lot of noise when the Dogs are on fire.
2. We just beat a team unlucky not to be in the GF last year and we still have Stringer, McRae, Talia, Johansien, Smith to come and a heap more improvement from others that are still learning the game.
3. Campbell is a revelation. His game in Round 3 vs his performances the past few weeks are amazing. We've kept making excuses for Cordy but he has never shown what Campbell showed.. Not just the actual goals but the presence. Our players have confidence to go in his direction. Very very promising!

Hotdog60
18-08-2013, 09:38 PM
1. We can win the final 4 games of the year -who would've thought that a few weeks ago?
2. Macca's oft spoken mantra of 'staying in the game longer when it's not going your way without letting the score blow out' is catching hold. We were totally outplayed in the 3rd quarter, but we didn't capitulate, and we even pulled a crucial couple goals back at the end, to get us right back in it.
3. We have a big decision to make at the end of the year with some of our senior guys that we thought were on their last legs. Cross and Gia have been performing important roles. Can we keep both, probably not. We might want to keep one though.

I think you would offer Gia a captain/assaitant coach role in the Footscray side. With Cross, Macca was guarded when asked about Crossy good form of late and the list about next year. Cross maybe playing for his career at the dogs.

westdog54
18-08-2013, 09:48 PM
1) We should recruit more players from Bendigo's VFL side.
2) There's some character in the group that was non-existent last year.
3) Jason McCartney will have some headaches to work through at years end.

Go_Dogs
18-08-2013, 10:14 PM
1) Crossy should go around again, definitely. Might not be in our best 22 when everyone is fit, but gee, the bloke does everything asked of him and has been in great form since returning to the side.

2) We have so much scope to improve looking at the guys who missed today, including Williams, Higgins, Smith, JJ, Goodes, Talia and the youngsters in Macrae, Stringer and Hrovat. That's nearly half a side we didn't have today! Our depth is fast improving.

3) Lachie Hunter may yet be one of the best from last years draft. His speed, agility and vision, along with skill execution makes him a dangerous commodity. His leap and mark was something special. I was a huge wrap for Hunter last year, and we've snared ourselves an absolute bargain who has progressed much quicker than I think anyone would've expected. Hats off to Lachie.

LostDoggy
18-08-2013, 10:25 PM
I think you would offer Gia a captain/assaitant coach role in the Footscray side. With Cross, Macca was guarded when asked about Crossy good form of late and the list about next year. Cross maybe playing for his career at the dogs.

I don't think Crossy and Macca see eye to eye. You'd think Boyd would go before Cross.

My three:

1. We can get really burnt on the rebound. Kick over the heads when we're pushing up and before you know it, opposition goal.
2. Adelaide may be ferals, but they have some pretty cute female fans. ;)
3. Winning sure is nice. Yeah, knew that already, but feel like I'm relearning every week.

bornadog
18-08-2013, 10:28 PM
I don't think Crossy and Macca see eye to eye. You'd think Boyd would go before Cross.

Did you make that up or have inside information?

Remi Moses
19-08-2013, 02:27 AM
Gotta say , Jarrad Grant's form has helped other forwards, as he is getting the best key back.
Other players are off the leash as a result.

LostDoggy
19-08-2013, 07:57 AM
Did you make that up or have inside information?

I can't explain it. Call it a hunch.

soupman
19-08-2013, 08:32 AM
1. An attendance of 17,000 means at least 13,000 members are missing out on as exciting a period as we've had in a while. We are going into matches as the underdog, but atm I am confident we could beat anybody in this league, and at the very least would come close and make them really earn it.

2. I owe an apology to Tom Campbell. Didn't rate him that highly, especially after the Richmond game, and did not want him picked as a forward on anything close to a regular basis. Well we've found our second ruck/forward. He was great yesterday, and has been a very strong target ever since his first game back in the one's this year. I'm very impressed.

3. Lachie Hunter is so much better than anyone could have expected. When we drafted him I had no idea we had just picked up a smart, composed, skilfull half forward who was AFL ready, and at a bargain basement price too. On exposed form this kid is as good as anybody we drafted last season, and is going to be a very good player.

whythelongface
19-08-2013, 04:59 PM
1. The ability of the team to "hang in" games is becoming more and more evident each week. We were gone midway through that 3rd quarter yet somehow we managed to snag a couple of goals late in the third and this gave us the momentum needed heading into the last. There is a new found belief within this team that I am excited about.

2. In the near future we will be playing finals football- I didn't think it would be possible but next year I really think we can press for the 8 and play finals again. There will be some downers along the way as we are still a work in progress but if we snare 9 wins this year there is nothing to suggest that we can't get another 3 to 4 wins next year.

3. I thought Cross was gone. Happy that I have been proved wrong but he has been really good over the last few weeks. Not sure if he will be on the list next year but really pleased for him that he has been able to get a few more games towards the end of the year.

LostDoggy
19-08-2013, 06:16 PM
1. Seeing and hearing 17,000(?) bulldogs fans jump to the feet in unison, arms raised and cheering in the fourth quarter for every goal kicked is awesome and emotional, brought me to tears.

2. Being so proud of the change in our boys belief in themselves that they didn't give up in the 3rd/4th quarter like they would have in the past is awesome and emotional, brought me to tears.

3. Being teased by my family (Boys) for crying, feeling a bit sheepish about it, then looking around at all the other female supporters to see that they where all crying as well is awesome and emotional, brought me to tears.(lol)

LostDoggy
19-08-2013, 07:07 PM
1. Seeing and hearing 17,000(?) bulldogs fans jump to the feet in unison, arms raised and cheering in the fourth quarter for every goal kicked is awesome and emotional, brought me to tears.

2. Being so proud of the change in our boys belief in themselves that they didn't give up in the 3rd/4th quarter like they would have in the past is awesome and emotional, brought me to tears.

3. Being teased by my family (Boys) for crying, feeling a bit sheepish about it, then looking around at all the other female supporters to see that they where all crying as well is awesome and emotional, brought me to tears.(lol)

Nearly shed a tear myself, mate. And I'm a bloke.

JohnGentStand
19-08-2013, 11:28 PM
1. The sheer willpower of D. Cross may spell the end for N. Lower. Crossy just gives us more.

2. L. Hunter could be the classiest of the young guns. I hope he is not....( theory being then the rest are freakin' superstars )

3. Backmen throughout the land are going to sweat bullets about standing in front of a charging Big T C.

azabob
20-08-2013, 10:19 AM
1. The sheer willpower of D. Cross may spell the end for N. Lower. Crossy just gives us more.

2. L. Hunter could be the classiest of the young guns. I hope he is not....( theory being then the rest are freakin' superstars )

3. Backmen throughout the land are going to sweat bullets about standing in front of a charging Big T C.

I thought in the last quarter Tom.C was going to kill Dahl.
Great to see Campbell attack the ball with such pace and aggression.

w3design
20-08-2013, 11:09 AM
My apologies Dickson I doubted and wanted to trade you.

Without Cooney, we are at best outside chance top 8 next year.

Hunter serious talent, could be a mega international star if play soccer, some Diego quality in the kid.

EasternWest
20-08-2013, 01:36 PM
Koby Stevens runs really, really hard. His disposal needs a lot of work, but I love his willingness to blast his way through a contest.

Ayce Cordy would be facepalming watching Tom Campbell play. I hope it spurs him on.

Richard Douglas is a much, much better player than I ever gave him credit for.

The Doctor
20-08-2013, 06:17 PM
Love Koby Steven's ferocious style of play

Love Libba's increasingly more aggressive style of play

Love to get Crouch off Adelaide

azabob
20-08-2013, 06:38 PM
Love Koby Steven's ferocious style of play

Love Libba's increasingly more aggressive style of play

Love to get Crouch off Adelaide

Crouch is massive unit for an 18 year old.

Both this years mini draft picks look like steals. Next years also look like steals also.

BLEEPIN GCS have two of em.

F'scary
20-08-2013, 09:22 PM
3) Lachie Hunter may yet be one of the best from last years draft. His speed, agility and vision, along with skill execution makes him a dangerous commodity. His leap and mark was something special. I was a huge wrap for Hunter last year, and we've snared ourselves an absolute bargain who has progressed much quicker than I think anyone would've expected. Hats off to Lachie.

Spoke with a mate who was able to make it to the game - he said pretty much the same: "could be the best of draft."

Maddog37
20-08-2013, 09:33 PM
Just our crop or the entire draft robot man?

F'scary
20-08-2013, 09:59 PM
Just our crop or the entire draft robot man?

Qualification merited - he meant our crop.