PDA

View Full Version : Are you going to the Brisbane Match?

Bulldog4life
20-08-2013, 02:32 PM
Who's going? I will be there with Mrs.Bulldog4life cheering on the boys. Hoping to get to training at 4pm Saturday at the Gabba although my lovely other half has bought matinee tickets to Grease the Musical for the Saturday. Not sure what time it finishes but I know where my priorities lie:) If I get there...which I should..I will post a report.

LostDoggy
20-08-2013, 04:27 PM
Yep will be there, don't think I'll be able to make the training session though.

always right
20-08-2013, 05:36 PM
Wow! Bulldogs at the Gabba and Grease the musical. Living the dream :)

Bulldog4life
20-08-2013, 05:53 PM
Wow! Bulldogs at the Gabba and Grease the musical. Living the dream :)

Get it right AR. I will be living the dream at the Gabba my lovely wife will be living her dream with Grease. Happy wife etc. etc.:)

mighty_west
20-08-2013, 05:55 PM
Ill be there, may try and get to the training session as well.

always right
20-08-2013, 06:03 PM
Get it right AR. I will be living the dream at the Gabba my lovely wife will be living her dream with Grease. Happy wife etc. etc.:)

Are you sure it's not the reverse B4l;)

bornadog
20-08-2013, 06:04 PM

Grease is the word:D

always right
20-08-2013, 06:05 PM
There's a lot of love on this board lately. I like it when we win.

bornadog
20-08-2013, 06:07 PM

Helps when you are not being belted by 10 goals every week.:)

Bulldog4life
20-08-2013, 06:13 PM

Maybe.:o

Eastdog
20-08-2013, 09:05 PM

It's great having that winning feeling. Everyone's positive.

LostDoggy
20-08-2013, 10:03 PM
What is the process for the training session? Can anyone show up?

KT31
20-08-2013, 11:00 PM

Apparently only if you are in a T-Birds and Pink Ladies outfit.:D

Bulldog4life
21-08-2013, 12:23 AM

Open training session Hairy.

http://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/season

The next open training session is scheduled for Saturday 24th August 2013 at 4:00pm, at The Gabba, 411 Vulture Street, Woollongabba, Brisbane.

Bulldog4life
21-08-2013, 12:24 AM
Apparently only if you are in a T-Birds and Pink Ladies outfit.:D

and leather jacket.:D

westdog54
21-08-2013, 11:51 AM

They do say that the squeaky wheel gets the Grease.

LostDoggy
21-08-2013, 01:40 PM
Open training session Hairy.

http://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/season

The next open training session is scheduled for Saturday 24th August 2013 at 4:00pm, at The Gabba, 411 Vulture Street, Woollongabba, Brisbane.

Sounds good, might take the minions along for a look. Is there any fan interaction at the end of these training sessions?

azabob
21-08-2013, 02:12 PM
Sounds good, might take the minions along for a look. Is there any fan interaction at the end of these training sessions?

Perhaps ring the club is the best bet.

Murphy'sLore
21-08-2013, 03:48 PM
When we went down to Launceston (how long ago that seems! we were just starting to come good) the open training session on the Friday was more or less an excuse to meet & greet the fans. There was hardly anyone there, my daughter got autographs from every player, and my mother-in-law and I got some nice pics with Murphy & Gia. Well worth going :D

KT31
21-08-2013, 06:02 PM
When we went down to Launceston (how long ago that seems! we were just starting to come good) the open training session on the Friday was more or less an excuse to meet & greet the fans. There was hardly anyone there, my daughter got autographs from every player and my mother-in-law and I got some nice pics with Murphy & Gia. Well worth going :D

Why did your daughter need to get you mother-in-laws autograph ?
Is your mother-in-law famous ?:D

MrMahatma
22-08-2013, 09:33 AM
Yep. Going. Can't wait!

Murphy'sLore
22-08-2013, 11:29 AM
Why did your daughter need to get you mother-in-laws autograph ?
Is your mother-in-law famous ?:D

Okay, that shows the importance of the well-placed comma! Will edit accordingly.

LostDoggy
24-08-2013, 07:54 PM
Thanks for the heads up about the training session guys.
My youngster is buzzing big time after meeting and collecting autographs from some of his favorite players. You have to understand not being in Melb the kids don't get to experience stuff like this up here.
But question of my own, why no Libba @ training today?

Eastdog
24-08-2013, 08:40 PM
For woofers who travelled or are up in Brisbane what did you make of the final training session. Which players stood out?

mighty_west
24-08-2013, 09:15 PM
Thanks for the heads up about the training session guys.
My youngster is buzzing big time after meeting and collecting autographs from some of his favorite players. You have to understand not being in Melb the kids don't get to experience stuff like this up here.
But question of my own, why no Libba @ training today?

Libba was there, trained well.

Got there at 3.45, players already on the ground doing a few stretches, walking around etc.

MacRae & Addison out there with the team, Cooney played a bit part in training spending most of the time on his own on a boundary, wearing runners.

Wallis & Minson the talkers, Wallis instructing the group down near the goals, very much leading the side, was very noticeable.

Most drills going in second gear, just seemed to be getting a feel for the ground and conditions, should be the same for game day, nice and warm around 23/24 with next to no humidity.

A funny moment near the end with Bob coming over to sign a few auto's saying, so am I just going to stand hear looking like an idiot or what? :D

LostDoggy
24-08-2013, 09:16 PM
I went along Easty but I was a little all over the place so didn't notice much. Plus they had almost finished by the time I got there, just some goal kicking going on.
FWIW they looked pretty relaxed and happy with the weather;)
P.S That Campbell is a friggin beast in person!

Eastdog
24-08-2013, 09:21 PM
I went along Easty but I was a little all over the place so didn't notice much. Plus they had almost finished by the time I got there, just some goal kicking going on.
FWIW they looked pretty relaxed and happy with the weather;)
P.S That Campbell is a friggin beast in person!

Thanks for that HM. Lets get another win tomorrow.

Bulldog4life
24-08-2013, 10:14 PM
Unfortunately I got to training when it was all over.