PDA

View Full Version : Coach's Office - Mark Austin Review (Rd21)

bornadog
21-08-2013, 09:49 AM
9-GRp68VVVU&feature=share&list=UUCYdpsLzNPQpmOdZt_a7DNA

always right
21-08-2013, 10:01 AM
He's a good talker isn't he?

KT31
21-08-2013, 12:25 PM
He's a good talker isn't he?

Agree, you can see he would no trouble getting a message across so the players could easily comprehend it.

azabob
21-08-2013, 12:30 PM
I also ge the impression that Austin will be with the club in 2014.

Scorlibo
21-08-2013, 12:36 PM

And that he is part of our future plans, instead of being just a stop-gap option while Talia matures. I think he has been very impressive and is my preferred option over Talia at this stage.

Throughandthrough
21-08-2013, 12:38 PM
Ive never met Aussie, but there's some people at the GlenelgFC who are completely rapt that he's finally having a good run. Apparently he's a sensational bloke and deserves some good luck and some success in footy.

bulldogtragic
21-08-2013, 12:39 PM
And that he is part of our future plans, instead of being just a stop-gap option while Talia matures. I think he has been very impressive and is my preferred option over Talia at this stage.
I thought he was very good on the weekend. Can we keep him another year on the RL?

KT31
21-08-2013, 12:48 PM

On current form it would be very harsh to delist him.
If nothing else he adds depth to our list, great pick up at #76 in a rookie draft.

LostDoggy
21-08-2013, 12:51 PM
Yeah should definitely be around next year, on the senior list aswell. Talia should be in front of him in the pecking order though

LostDoggy
21-08-2013, 12:55 PM
Aussie definitely belongs on the list. He was outstanding on the weekend. He played his role to perfection. If you have 22 blokes doing that you win lots of games.

Cyberdoggie
21-08-2013, 02:18 PM
From what Hansen has just said they are looking forward to seeing him come back from pre-season break.

Meaning he'll get promoted to the full list.

Wonder what that means for Markovic? is he gone?

Mofra
21-08-2013, 02:28 PM
Yeah should definitely be around next year, on the senior list aswell. Talia should be in front of him in the pecking order though
Nothing wrong with two capable players competing for the same spot (although with Young, it's probably three competing for two spots).

bulldogsman
21-08-2013, 02:31 PM
He's a good player when playing on the 2nd/3rd forward. Does tend to struggle on the gorilla forwards though and I think Talia offers more going into the future. Well worth keeping on the list.

Remi Moses
21-08-2013, 02:53 PM
He's been good the last fortnight.
I'd imagine he'll get promoted

The Bulldogs Bite
21-08-2013, 06:13 PM
He's a good player when playing on the 2nd/3rd forward. Does tend to struggle on the gorilla forwards though and I think Talia offers more going into the future. Well worth keeping on the list.

This is how I see it.

Austin is also more suited to leading forwards, rather than one-on-one marking types. The stronger/bigger forwards will make him look second (or third) rate, but he's consistently been able to shut down the small/medium forwards.

Maddog37
21-08-2013, 07:18 PM
When Morris s gone there will be room for both Austin and Talia in the same team won't there?

Go_Dogs
21-08-2013, 09:49 PM
When Morris s gone there will be room for both Austin and Talia in the same team won't there?

I agree. But we're developing a lot of options so will be some disappointed players each week who can't crack a spot in the back 6.

westdog54
21-08-2013, 10:09 PM
From what Hansen has just said they are looking forward to seeing him come back from pre-season break.

Meaning he'll get promoted to the full list.

Wonder what that means for Markovic? is he gone?

You would think that with Roughead, Austin, Talia, Young and Roberts all developing that Marko will be moved on. I know BMac is a massive fan of his so I wouldn't mind him getting a spot with the VFL team.

If Austin is not elevated to the senior list you would surely think that Jong and Redpath are gone at years end, as we can only have one third year rookie.

josie
22-08-2013, 08:25 PM
You would think that with Roughead, Austin, Talia, Young and Roberts all developing that Marko will be moved on. I know BMac is a massive fan of his so I wouldn't mind him getting a spot with the VFL team.

If Austin is not elevated to the senior list you would surely think that Jong and Redpath are gone at years end, as we can only have one third year rookie.

I know this is not the right thread but geez I hope they keep Jong on as rookie. I liked his hard as nails approach when he got a few games last year. I know he was a bit rough with disposal however if they can iron that out he fits Macca's mantra. Also, not relevant to playing good footy I know, he is Asian. (I am too). Personally I think it great to see an Asian play AFL. Surely good for possible supporter base - assuming club thinks he can make the grade.

bornadog
22-08-2013, 08:59 PM
I know this is not the right thread but geez I hope they keep Jong on as rookie. I liked his hard as nails approach when he got a few games last year. I know he was a bit rough with disposal however if they can iron that out he fits Macca's mantra. Also, not relevant to playing good footy I know, he is Asian. (I am too). Personally I think it great to see an Asian play AFL. Surely good for possible supporter base - assuming club thinks he can make the grade.

I agree and he is still very young

F'scary
22-08-2013, 10:14 PM
Since the club is playing Austin match after match and he is playing reasonably enough, I would think they would have to promote him because otherwise he would be a cheap late draft pick up for another club looking for a bit of ready-to-go, potential upside risk, key defender back up in their squad.

F'scary
22-08-2013, 10:17 PM

He is a good, courageous young footballer, has had a set back this year with injury but I would think he will be around next year - re-rookie at the worst.

LostDoggy
22-08-2013, 10:26 PM

Me too. I'd hate to see us lose him.