PDA

View Full Version : Steve Koilynuik on SEN

bulldogsfight
22-08-2013, 10:33 AM
in the middle of the night heard a interview with Steve Kolynuik

played under 19's at 15
played Teal Cup

got promoted to reserves , kicked 6 goals in first reserves game and played seniors the next week!

Joyce was a pure fire and brimstone coach , Wallace a thinking coach

did not get picked for 97 prelim , was told he would play in GF

been coaching , currently coaching top team Hillside

favourite memory beating Ess in 2000:D

bornadog
22-08-2013, 10:55 AM
Loved Stevie, would be great to have someone in the team like him now.

This is one of his greatest moments:

qrCBGfn-WFw&feature=share&list=PLz1jLWCb50usbB0JbsdgJzLUVV59YM1SN

Happy Days
22-08-2013, 10:56 AM
I played against Steve in some local cricket.

He'd hit me around for a couple of extraordinarily hack-ish 4s dragged from off to leg, and then the first ball he tried to play straight he nicked and got caught behind. However he didn't think so, and hung around. After a couple of minutes of debate, I turned to him and said "look man, just get the *!*!*!*! off, you're being a *!*!*!*!ing dick" or words to that effect; he walked not long after.

I did not know it was Steve at the time. Most of Steve's career happened before my time and he's a bit bigger than his playing days. Still didn't stop me from cringing when I looked at the scorecard.

Totally embarrassing and kind of devastating personally; there's still a signed photo of the guy on my wall

Twodogs
22-08-2013, 11:08 AM
You should have asked for an autograph HD.

The Doctor
22-08-2013, 11:11 AM
Loved Kolyniuk.

One of the best shots for goal I've seen in bulldogs colours. Was badly missed in the 97 prelim.

bulldogsfight
22-08-2013, 11:35 AM
he also mentioned he thought he would of been worth a goal in the 97 prelim , but he was coming of a suspension and Walalce tjought he was underdone and went with N Brown,

ledge
22-08-2013, 04:10 PM
At Hillside with Hargrave, I was vp at the cricket club down there 5 years ago

Remi Moses
22-08-2013, 07:27 PM
Very very clever player . Remember seeing him a year or two after retirement, and have to say he's been in a good paddock.

Remi Moses
22-08-2013, 07:28 PM
Loved Kolyniuk.

One of the best shots for goal I've seen in bulldogs colours. Was badly missed in the 97 prelim.

He was a good kick for goal, but has nothing on Paul Hudson.

The Doctor
22-08-2013, 07:32 PM
He was a good kick for goal, but has nothing on Paul Hudson.

Huddo and Billy probably my top 2

G-Mo77
22-08-2013, 08:51 PM
Loved Stevie, would be great to have someone in the team like him now.

This is one of his greatest moments:

qrCBGfn-WFw&feature=share&list=PLz1jLWCb50usbB0JbsdgJzLUVV59YM1SN

I was 13 back then and used to listen to the games on the radio on a Saturday afternoon. I've only ever seen highlights but still remember that game quite well.

always right
23-08-2013, 08:43 AM
One of my fondest memories and still gives me goosebumps watching that footage. I remember being at that game tearing up when the players left the field at the end. It was a really important win for the club at the time.

bornadog
23-08-2013, 09:20 AM
One of my fondest memories and still gives me goosebumps watching that footage. I remember being at that game tearing up when the players left the field at the end. It was a really important win for the club at the time.

I was in the pocket on the second level watching, it was something you rarely saw those days, ie taking the player on. How about the sequence of passes and the beautiful pass from a 17 year old Leon Cameron.

That game was significant as Collingwood had won something like 11 or 12 in a row and were hot favourites for the flag which they eventually won. We had just come back from avoiding the merger the previous year and missed the finals by a few games.

Twodogs
23-08-2013, 09:35 AM
IIRC we were the last team to beat Collingwood in 1990.