PDA

View Full Version : Congratulations Gia 250 Games

bornadog
26-08-2013, 05:13 PM
http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa198/mmsalih/GIANSIRACUSADaniel_zps9c5b4b73.png (http://s202.photobucket.com/user/mmsalih/media/GIANSIRACUSADaniel_zps9c5b4b73.png.html)

Height 182 cm
DOB 11-03-1982
Weight 81 kg
Debut 2001
Games
Goals 2013 34 Career 314

Whether he retires this week or not, 250 games and 314 goals (to date), is a fantastic achievement.

Congratulations on a great career.

Is this goal of the year:

x2UJWQNJogE

The Bulldogs Bite
26-08-2013, 05:21 PM
Great achievement, been a very good player for the club, particularly in the last three seasons. I think he really 'elevated' himself to the next level with his efforts over this time, despite us struggling as a side on the field.

From everything I've seen, heard and read he'll be a fantastic coach too. Just a very intelligent guy.

comrade
26-08-2013, 05:26 PM
Half man, half cappuccino.

His leadership has been a real positive this year, from directing his young teammates to putting his own performance aside and performing as the sub with aplomb.

Just a great ball user and decision maker. You always feel safe when he has it in his hands. And who doesn't love the old trademark 'nudge and turn' maneuver that has baffled defenders for 249 games and counting.

Well done, Gia.

LostDoggy
26-08-2013, 05:47 PM
Super achievement - well done Gia! I hope he has a great day on Sunday :-)

Max469
26-08-2013, 06:19 PM
Congratulations Gia on your fantastic milestone.

I for one will miss you. You told me not to cry when you spoke of your retirement but then as you said - I would anyway.

Special Man, special player.

Have the tissues already packed for Sunday.

Have a fantastic day. xx

josie
26-08-2013, 06:27 PM
Hi Gia,

I had pleasure of sitting at same table as you about 3 years ago at season launch. You are a true gentleman and a great leader on and off the field too.

I look forward to seeing you progress to being a coach - I reckon you'll be a gem. I hope it's the Bulldogs that benefit the most from your knowledge and footy smarts.

I too have the tissues packed - in case it is your last game on Sunday.

Maddog37
26-08-2013, 06:32 PM
250 games is a great AFL career. 250 games of being lusted after by 99% of women footy fans and probably a few blokes is a legacy to be proud of;).

Remi Moses
26-08-2013, 06:35 PM
Very good career. Much maligned, but a very good AFL career
Well Done

westdog54
26-08-2013, 06:45 PM
I will be going on Sunday.

My 3 year old daughter and 1 year old son will be coming. It will be their first ever match of football. My wife and I were going to wait next year but I was not going to miss this match, and seeing as how Sunday is Fathers Day she decided that the kids can have a late night on Sunday. If they don't sleep well, so be it. I'll deal with it through the night.

Congratulations Gia.

LostDoggy
26-08-2013, 07:18 PM
So happy our supporters finally woke up to how great Gia is. Great career, gonna miss him.

Topdog
26-08-2013, 07:21 PM
Pissed off I can't make the game. Congrats Gia, always been a pleasure on the field and a very levl headed kid off it.

100% deserve all the personal success you have had.

LostDoggy
26-08-2013, 07:43 PM
Gia an outstanding career and people are bantering around the retirement word (fair enough too) at 250 games. I think this is an indication on how good Hawkins, Johnson, Grant and obviously Whitten were, To get past the 300 game mark.
Maybe he has one more year left in the forward line, at least by then Stringer, Jones, Cordy and/or Campbell should be ready to walk by themselves.

always right
26-08-2013, 08:14 PM
One of the smartest footballers to have played for the bulldogs. Those who have bagged him over the years will only realise how good he was when he's gone. Well done to a loyal dog.

Bulldog Revolution
26-08-2013, 09:05 PM
Has been a great player and given it everything he's got

Its great the perception of his career has changed with our supporters - for a long time he was a whipping boy, but now he will retire a greatly appreciated dog

Well done Gia, what you've been able to do on the ground in 2013 has been remarkable - a super intelligent player

LostDoggy
26-08-2013, 09:58 PM
250 games for the one Club is an amazing achievement. One of the smartest, hardest working and polished footballers you'd ever hope to see wearing the hoops. Congrats Gia.

Scorlibo
26-08-2013, 10:11 PM
Will go down as one of the greatest goal assist players in history.

LostDoggy
26-08-2013, 10:28 PM
The Silver Fox.

Congratulations on game 250. One of the smartest forwards we have ever had

Cyberdoggie
26-08-2013, 10:33 PM
I will be going on Sunday.

My 3 year old daughter and 1 year old son will be coming. .

So i guess you won't be watching the game then ;)

Mofra
27-08-2013, 10:21 AM
Someone who has spent years sacrificing his game for the team - hoep he sticks aorund the club post-career, has been a fantastic leader this year

Daughter of the West
27-08-2013, 10:41 AM
Congratulations on 250 games Gia! Hope the boys put together a stellar effort on Sunday for you

LostDoggy
27-08-2013, 10:46 AM
Someone who has spent years sacrificing his game for the team - hoep he sticks aorund the club post-career, has been a fantastic leader this year

This. Sums up his career beautifully. Fantastic club-man, bled red white and blue despite constantly copping it from some corners of our fan-base for being a “soft pretty-boy”.

The closer we get to this week's game, the more emotional I get. I really like Gia. I haven't felt this sad about a player potentially (let's face it, he hasn't retired yet) hanging up the boots since Granty in '07.

Sedat
27-08-2013, 10:47 AM
Norf will certainly be glad to see the back of him - he's owned their asses on a platter almost as many times as Lenny Hayes has done to us.

Been a terrific career, and I think he will have an excellent post-footy career in coaching (hopefully with us).

Murphy'sLore
27-08-2013, 11:22 AM
Such a clever player, and so hot (come on, someone had to say it!)

I hate to see the back of the Silver Fox (insert own joke here), but I'd rather see him retire at the height of his powers and finally being appreciated than drag on for another year and maybe decline... Really looking forward to seeing what he'll do next, he will make a wonderful coach.

turtle
27-08-2013, 12:38 PM
Congratulations Gia.
Absolute gun! So pleased that the broader supporter base has understood just what a super player he is. Hope you have a cracker on Sunday. Whenever your last game is (whether this week or next year) I really hope you continue on at the club and keep teaching the young fellas the tricks of the trade

Eastdog
27-08-2013, 02:33 PM
Congratulations Gia. 250 games is a fantastic achievement. He has been a very important player for us this season. Hope like turtle said he has a great match on Sunday.

bornadog
27-08-2013, 03:32 PM
Such a clever player, and so hot (come on, someone had to say it!)

I hate to see the back of the Silver Fox (insert own joke here), but I'd rather see him retire at the height of his powers and finally being appreciated than drag on for another year and maybe decline... Really looking forward to seeing what he'll do next, he will make a wonderful coach.

Steady on :D

http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa198/mmsalih/download_zps7777090c.jpg (http://s202.photobucket.com/user/mmsalih/media/download_zps7777090c.jpg.html)

Murphy'sLore
27-08-2013, 04:02 PM
Be still my beating heart :D

azabob
27-08-2013, 10:16 PM
My favourite Gia memory is one of his games against North on a wet day at the MCG a few years back - 2009 from memory.

Form and ladder position suggested we should have beaten North quite easily but we just couldn't shake them all day.

Gia kicked 3 or 4 and was nearly best on, if not best on - so clean with his hands that day when others struggled.

Walked away thinking how good Gia was - probably got us over the line.

He was better than good, he missed the next 6 odd weeks with a knee injury he sustained early in the game.

Just goes to show the mental strength he has, not only an extremely skilful and smart footballer but also the ability to play through injury.

Great work Gia

250 games
300 plus goals.

I dare suggest that combination is very rare.

westdog54
27-08-2013, 10:18 PM
So i guess you won't be watching the game then ;)

Here's the best part. My wife and my mum will both be there. If the kids crack it they step in.

Go me.:D

LostDoggy
27-08-2013, 10:39 PM
My favourite Gia memory is one of his games against North on a wet day at the MCG a few years back - 2009 from memory.

Form and ladder position suggested we should have beaten North quite easily but we just couldn't shake them all day.

Gia kicked 3 or 4 and was nearly best on, if not best on - so clean with his hands that day when others struggled.

Walked away thinking how good Gia was - probably got us over the line.

He was better than good, he missed the next 6 odd weeks with a knee injury he sustained early in the game.

Just goes to show the mental strength he has, not only an extremely skilful and smart footballer but also the ability to play through injury.

Great work Gia

250 games
300 plus goals.

I dare suggest that combination is very rare.

I was there that day, amazing performance. Didn't Picken completely shut out Brent Harvey on debut?

Bulldog4life
28-08-2013, 01:08 PM
Congrats to Gia on a great career. A terrific small forward and reliable kick for goal. Could go into the middle at times when we were struggling and play well too. But is it his last game?

Murphy'sLore
28-08-2013, 02:28 PM
Interesting that we haven't heard anything yet when quite a few players from other clubs are starting to make announcements about their future. Don't want to read too much into that though!

Throughandthrough
28-08-2013, 02:43 PM
hooray for me. I havent mentioned that I was at Gia's forst AFL match for a while!

Fantastic career so far. Deserves all the accolades + then some.

Ozza
28-08-2013, 03:21 PM
Some good Gia moments that stick out for me - were when the side wasn't going so well, and he was able to contribute in a big way.

2010 Semi Final against Sydney - we were 3 goals down at half time, and Gia was getting smashed by Rhys Shaw. Second half, Gia finds 3 goals and plays a big part in us getting over the line.

2011 down at Geelong, we got flogged by 10 goals and Gia kicked 5 and seemed to get the footy every time it got into his area. His 45 goals in 2011, in a struggling side, is worth noting. Was a great output.

The year before he kicked 3 and had nearly 30 possessions at half forward in a 100 point loss to Geelong.

Sedat
28-08-2013, 03:48 PM
2010 Semi Final against Sydney - we were 3 goals down at half time, and Gia was getting smashed by Rhys Shaw. Second half, Gia finds 3 goals and plays a big part in us getting over the line.
I think he was involved in every score we had after half time. Literally won that final off his own boot with smarts and skill.

Underrated win in our club's history. Decimated by injuries and confidence shot, down by 5 goals just before half time in a low scoring slog, but we managed to come back and get past a tough opponent that normally thrives in September.

The Bulldogs Bite
28-08-2013, 04:13 PM
I think he was involved in every score we had after half time. Literally won that final off his own boot with smarts and skill.

Underrated win in our club's history. Decimated by injuries and confidence shot, down by 5 goals just before half time in a low scoring slog, but we managed to come back and get past a tough opponent that normally thrives in September.

Yep -- that was a tremendous effort. Very, very underrated performance.

We did extremely well for a half v St. Kilda the following week in the PF too, but got ran over the top in the third.