PDA

View Full Version : Well I never

Twodogs
02-09-2013, 12:17 AM
Had thought we'd only finish 3 games out of the final 8.

I really wish the season had 6 weeks to go.

Eastdog
02-09-2013, 12:19 AM

Hopefully next season we go close to the 8 but realistically hoping 2015 we make finals. Still have a bit to do.

bornadog
02-09-2013, 12:20 AM

Carlton make it with 11 and 11 was a surprise to.

Twodogs
02-09-2013, 12:24 AM
Carlton make it with 11 and 11 was a surprise to.

Carlton made the eight by a point yesterday. Am I right in thinkingNorth would have leapfrogged them if they had lost to Port yesterday.

boydogs
02-09-2013, 12:29 AM
Carlton made the eight by a point yesterday. Am I right in thinkingNorth would have leapfrogged them if they had lost to Port yesterday.

Yep.

Twodogs
02-09-2013, 12:37 AM
That's a shame fior North. Plus I'd have enjoyed watching them get spanked in a final adan.

LostDoggy
02-09-2013, 12:50 AM

Yeah Norths percentage is huge.

jeemak
02-09-2013, 01:00 AM
The finals this year seem fairly well shallow to me. I can't think how we're any worse than Carlton.

North are a better team than we are, as much as I hate to say it.

The fact Carlton get an opportunity against Richmond sickens me.

LostDoggy
02-09-2013, 10:27 AM
The finals this year seem fairly well shallow to me. I can't think how we're any worse than Carlton.

North are a better team than we are, as much as I hate to say it.

The fact Carlton get an opportunity against Richmond sickens me.

Richmond will flog them.

Murphy'sLore
02-09-2013, 10:30 AM
Richmond will flog them.

They'd better.

LostDoggy
02-09-2013, 10:42 AM
They'd better.

I've laid money on it. Dead set certainty.

Greystache
02-09-2013, 10:51 AM
Richmond will flog them.

I hope so but I'm not confident, Richmond are a pretty mediocre outfit. I'm expecting a few of their big names (looking at you Deledio) to go missing when the level goes up a notch.

Ozza
02-09-2013, 12:05 PM
The 'line' with the bookies in the pre-season for our number of wins was 4.5 games. We've obviously beaten that comfortably.

But with the improvement across the list - and beating Port, St.Kilda, Adelaide, Carlton and West Coast - we have exceeded expectations for the season.

Eastdog
02-09-2013, 12:08 PM
I hope so but I'm not confident, Richmond are a pretty mediocre outfit. I'm expecting a few of their big names (looking at you Deledio) to go missing when the level goes up a notch.

Also the fact that Carlton have a very slight pyschological edge as they beat them a few weeks back.

westdog54
02-09-2013, 03:30 PM
Not that he's a football expert, but Damian Barrett had us winning two games. Ate humble pie on Friday and congratulated Macca.

Definite pass mark for this year.

Remi Moses
02-09-2013, 04:10 PM

I'd be worried about Richmond's game style in finals .
Whether Carlton have the defensive game to knock them over, I'd doubt it.
Malthouse will drum that into them

1eyedog
02-09-2013, 04:53 PM
I'd be worried about Richmond's game style in finals .
Whether Carlton have the defensive game to knock them over, I'd doubt it.
Malthouse will drum that into them

Agreed, Richmond get torched on the rebound and the try to play transitional footy - one turnover and a top 4 team will fry them. They're backline needs a lot of work and they're a fair way off it still. I reckon the Blues will win. Better start a finals thread!

LostDoggy
02-09-2013, 07:49 PM
Agreed, Richmond get torched on the rebound and the try to play transitional footy - one turnover and a top 4 team will fry them. They're backline needs a lot of work and they're a fair way off it still. I reckon the Blues will win. Better start a finals thread!

Carlton are not a top 4 team. I don't think Richmond will go past week 2, but week 2 it shall be.

anfo27
02-09-2013, 10:42 PM
Carlton are not a top 4 team. I don't think Richmond will go past week 2, but week 2 it shall be.

I hope you didn't wager too much there BornAScragger. Like a few others I think the blues are a show this weekend. I can't see the likes of Ellis, Grigg & Deledio allowed to run around & gather possessions at will in a final.

LostDoggy
02-09-2013, 11:56 PM
Richmond will flog them.

We would flog em both

LostDoggy
02-09-2013, 11:58 PM
And im going to have a piece of Freo.

1eyedog
03-09-2013, 12:13 AM

A top 4 team would fry them but a top 8 team a is still every chance against them.

LostDoggy
03-09-2013, 02:48 AM
Time will tell.

Raw Toast
03-09-2013, 10:08 AM

Very, very few of us would have had any confidence that we could turn around the season like that - it was very impressive and let's hope it bodes well for the next few years.

That said, I reckon we've been out on our feet these past few weeks. Indeed, it's a testament to the team that they could come back against Adelaide and Brisbane after having moments where it looked like they were running on the spot.

So I'm happy for the season to end now (or as happy as one can be when your team in not in the finals), but would also be happy for them to just cancel the finals and have this as a year in which no team wins the flag...

Twodogs
03-09-2013, 11:19 AM
That said, I reckon we've been out on our feet these past few weeks. Indeed, it's a testament to the team that they could come back against Adelaide and Brisbane after having moments where it looked like they were running on the spot

I was lucky enough to be in the change rooms after the game on Sunday night and the players looked exhausted. Most of them looked very happy to get their boots off and just sit.

Bulldog Joe
03-09-2013, 01:34 PM
And im going to have a piece of Freo.

Would really love Freo to get up this week.

I backed them early at $3 for Top four and a nibble at $15 for the flag.

DragzLS1
03-09-2013, 06:09 PM

This is something I will be having a go at. Really like Freeo's chances.

LostDoggy
03-09-2013, 11:04 PM

Your $15 will be as short as $3.50 come Sunday night. Nice bet. The Cats form at Geelong isn't as strong as it looks on Paper. Fremantle are the real deal. The winner of this game will be Favorite in my book.

After round 10 I had a Large Multi

Roughead Coleman

J Selwood Brownlow

Hawks Flag

I'm comfortable with it, but I would absolutely love to have Freo instead of the Hawks.

Good luck anyway.

westdog54
04-09-2013, 12:10 AM
Your $15 will be as short as $3.50 come Sunday night. Nice bet. The Cats form at Geelong isn't as strong as it looks on Paper. Fremantle are the real deal. The winner of this game will be Favorite in my book.

After round 10 I had a Large Multi

Roughead Coleman

J Selwood Brownlow

Hawks Flag

I'm comfortable with it, but I would absolutely love to have Freo instead of the Hawks.

Good luck anyway.

If Selwood gets up and Hawthorn make the gf hedge your bets and throw a decent chunk on their opponents.

LostDoggy
04-09-2013, 12:15 AM
If Selwood gets up and Hawthorn make the gf hedge your bets and throw a decent chunk on their opponents.

Good idea will do just hope Garry's last game didn't pinch it back from Selwood.

LostDoggy
04-09-2013, 09:12 AM
I would love Freo to win the flag purely for the pain and anguish it would cause West Coast fans.

Twodogs
04-09-2013, 10:46 AM
I would love Freo to win the flag purely for the pain and anguish it would cause West Coast fans.

And St Kilda supporters.