PDA

View Full Version : 2013 AFL Finals Series

Pages : [1] 2

Eastdog
02-09-2013, 12:23 AM
This is for all the discussion of the final series for 2013.

Qualifying Finals

Hawthorn V Sydney MCG

Geelong V Fremantle SS

Elimination Finals

Collingwood v Port Adelaide MCG

Richmond V Carlton MCG

LostDoggy
02-09-2013, 12:27 AM
My preference: Sydney.
My tip: Hawthorn
My smoky: Freo

Eastdog
02-09-2013, 12:28 AM
My preference: Sydney.
My tip: Hawthorn
My smoky: Freo

Tough on Freo having to play at Simonds Stadium.

boydogs
02-09-2013, 12:31 AM
Home teams should win, only one I'm unsure on is Sydney. I know Hawthorn beat them up there just last week, but this time it's for keeps.

LostDoggy
02-09-2013, 12:49 AM
Tough on Freo having to play at Simonds Stadium.

They may surprise. Brisbane should have done it this week — McBurney handed Geelong the game. Must've been catching the train home.

Remi Moses
02-09-2013, 03:37 AM
Home teams should win, only one I'm unsure on is Sydney. I know Hawthorn beat them up there just last week, but this time it's for keeps.

That's the only game I'm not sure on.
I don't think the Tiges are a certainty either( depends on which Carlton rock up)

soupman
02-09-2013, 08:50 AM
Hoping for Sydney, Freo and Port to have decent finals campaigns.

I want Hawthorn to capitulate in part because of the sheer quantities of utter shite that comes out of Bruces mouth as praise for them. Hope Sydney beat them well this week.

LostDoggy
02-09-2013, 09:34 AM
Probably an unpopular choice but would be nice to see freo make the grand final.

Murphy'sLore
02-09-2013, 12:30 PM
I agree, Snoop. Out of the four, it's their turn surely!

Maddog37
02-09-2013, 01:50 PM
Anyone but Hawthorn.

Bulldog4life
02-09-2013, 01:51 PM
Anyone but Hawthorn.

Agree. Sorry Brian.

1eyedog
02-09-2013, 04:55 PM
Probably an unpopular choice but would be nice to see freo make the grand final.

Yep going for Freo

Scraggers
04-09-2013, 10:50 PM
Anyone but Hawthorn.

Agree. Sorry Brian.

Anyone but Hawthorn because of Brian

KT31
04-09-2013, 11:09 PM
Anyone but Hawthorn because of Brian

Anyone but Hawthorn because of my in-law's and Brian.

bornadog
04-09-2013, 11:31 PM
Anyone but Hawthorn because of my in-law's and Brian.

I am going on Friday with a bunch of Hawks but will secretly be hoping for the Swannies.

azabob
05-09-2013, 06:51 PM
I am going on Friday with a bunch of Hawks but will secretly be hoping for the Swannies.

Good luck BAD.

#goswans

Maddog37
06-09-2013, 10:07 PM
That first half looked just like the type of footy Macca has had us playing at times.

The Underdog
06-09-2013, 10:23 PM
Matt Spangher vs Andrejs Everitt.
Finals footy, where champions meet.

azabob
06-09-2013, 10:33 PM
If Campbell can rise at the same trajectory as Mike Pyke, I will be very happy.

comrade
06-09-2013, 10:56 PM
Apparently Jesse White is destroying his trade value.

comrade
06-09-2013, 11:02 PM
Everitt with ZERO tackles is showing he's simply not built for finals footy.

Happy Days
06-09-2013, 11:04 PM
Yep going for Freo

Ill go one further, they're the best side. All of their mids play both ways (except Mundy, but he's still pretty good), all six of their forwards can play any style of forward line play, they can stifle any team defensively, they have the best coach and a genuine key target in Pav.

If McPharlin can get back I think it's a wrap.

Greystache
06-09-2013, 11:35 PM
Everitt with ZERO tackles is showing he's simply not built for finals footy.

Precisely. He's our former prototype and the epitome of what doesn't win finals.

Remi Moses
06-09-2013, 11:40 PM
Hawthorn murdered Them in uncontested ball.
Everitt's just a player ( always will be) does he just have a licence to bomb into 50?
Has Tippett hurt Sydney's structure? He had to lead up more often on Brian .
White's not a great decision maker. Sydney went in too top Heavy
Hodge is the key to this flag push, not Buddy or Cyril.
Spewing we missed out on young Anderson

The Bulldogs Bite
06-09-2013, 11:51 PM
Sydney are cooked. They remind me of us in 2010. Providing Richmond get over Carlton, and they should, they would be a big show to beat the Swans.

Sedat
07-09-2013, 12:32 AM
Sydney's delivery into forward 50 was horrid all night. Just bombing it in, without looking to spot up any shorter targets - played right into Hawthorn's hands.

You need to go man on man against the Hawks. They cut you up with their precision by foot if you give them the space to do so.

Everitt's woeful attempt to spoil Jed Anderson was reminiscent of Sedat Sir being outmarked by Chad Morrison in that infamous game at Subiaco in 1998 when we coughed up an 8 goal qtr time lead. He simply lacks the intensity to compete.

Sedat
07-09-2013, 12:35 AM
Matt Spangher vs Andrejs Everitt.
Finals footy, where champions meet.
Wash your mouth out Underdog. Buddy will have to work his way back into the senior team via Box Hill :D

Remi Moses
07-09-2013, 01:02 AM
Sydney are cooked. They remind me of us in 2010. Providing Richmond get over Carlton, and they should, they would be a big show to beat the Swans.

Not sure about that. This scenario occurs every year when a team in the top 4 gets rolled, and everyone jumps on the bottom half team.
Still think Sydney have enough class to beat either Carlton or Richmond.
Sydney coming off a 9 day break and Rich/ Carlton of a 6 day break

Remi Moses
07-09-2013, 01:04 AM
Sydney's delivery into forward 50 was horrid all night. Just bombing it in, without looking to spot up any shorter targets - played right into Hawthorn's hands.

You need to go man on man against the Hawks. They cut you up with their precision by foot if you give them the space to do so.

Everitt's woeful attempt to spoil Jed Anderson was reminiscent of Sedat Sir being outmarked by Chad Morrison in that infamous game at Subiaco in 1998 when we coughed up an 8 goal qtr time lead. He simply lacks the intensity to compete.

What about his kick out?
Andrejs thought he was Dustin Fletcher for a moment.

LostDoggy
07-09-2013, 01:29 AM
Everitt tried to have an impact, finals football just doesn't suit him.

Happy Days
07-09-2013, 02:04 AM
Wash your mouth out Underdog. Buddy will have to work his way back into the senior team via Box Hill :D

Oh man Matt *!*!*!* Spangher.

One time my girlfriend dragged me out to drinks with her sister and her boyfriend, who happened to be a Xavier old boy. He got to pick the place, and naturally we ended up at a place full of Old Xavs who were naturally a fair pissy off dad's coin.

Anyway, about halfway through the worst beers of my life, Spangher walks in, and all of the Xavier cockheads fall over each other to fellate him. "OMG IT'S MATT SPANGHER YOUR (correct spelling btw) A XAVS LEGEND IM GONNA BUY YOU A BEER" "NO I WANNA BUY HIM A BEER", and so on.

After all this shit, I eventually got introduced to him. We had a little chat, about footy, a little bit otherwise, I thought he was a good guy. I had to go to the bathroom, and in which time I was gone, he basically tabled to my girlfriend that she had to bang him because he played AFL and he was a gun player, as he described himself.

Yeah, !*!* Matt Spangher

Maddog37
07-09-2013, 11:19 AM
Cool story Hansel! :D

Twodogs
07-09-2013, 11:28 AM
Hawthorn are a lot better than I gave them credit for. I thought Sydney would beat them last night.

bulldogtragic
07-09-2013, 12:05 PM
Cool story Hansel! :D
Best pop culture reference for a while! :)

Topdog
07-09-2013, 12:20 PM

Remember what we did in the 2010 first semi final?

Thats what Sydney will do next week too. They'll win.

bornadog
07-09-2013, 02:44 PM
Remember what we did in the 2010 first semi final?

Thats what Sydney will do next week too. They'll win.

Unfortuneatly the Hawks are looking like 2008, remember the qualfying final that year:o

1eyedog
07-09-2013, 03:43 PM
Ill go one further, they're the best side. All of their mids play both ways (except Mundy, but he's still pretty good), all six of their forwards can play any style of forward line play, they can stifle any team defensively, they have the best coach and a genuine key target in Pav.

If McPharlin can get back I think it's a wrap.

Cats off to a strong start. Freo's game plan needs to stand up today to have any chance on Grand Final day. They cannot afford to be blown out of the water.

bornadog
07-09-2013, 03:56 PM
Cats off to a strong start. Freo's game plan needs to stand up today to have any chance on Grand Final day. They cannot afford to be blown out of the water.

Geelong getting all the free kicks

Hotdog60
07-09-2013, 03:58 PM
Geelong getting all the free kicks

Agreed Stevie J was more holding the ball than in the back.

bornadog
07-09-2013, 04:01 PM
Agreed Stevie J was more holding the ball than in the back.

That one was a joke

The Underdog
07-09-2013, 04:04 PM
It's persecute Zac Dawson day apparently

1eyedog
07-09-2013, 04:21 PM
That one was a joke

yep bad call. Freo making the most of their opportunities.

Topdog
07-09-2013, 04:25 PM
Wow Freo are playing brilliantly at the moment.

1eyedog
07-09-2013, 05:59 PM
Wow Freo are playing brilliantly at the moment.

Great result for them - some critical passages of play in the last quarter showed they have come a long way mentally under Lyon.

bornadog
07-09-2013, 06:01 PM
Great result for them - some critical passages of play in the last quarter showed they have come a long way mentally under Lyon.

He is a top coach. So happy Geelong lost.

Pickenitup
07-09-2013, 06:03 PM
freo will win the flag

comrade
07-09-2013, 06:07 PM
How good was it seeing Crowley getting stuck into Stevie J after the siren. SJ was mouthing off all day and Freo had the last laugh. Good stuff.

bornadog
07-09-2013, 06:09 PM
How good was it seeing Crowley getting stuck into Stevie J after the siren. SJ was mouthing off all day and Freo had the last laugh. Good stuff.

Yeah not stop whinging from Geelong, wanting every free kick. They can't believe they lost. :)

bornadog
07-09-2013, 06:10 PM
I doubt it will happen but hope Port beat the Pies tonight.

1eyedog
07-09-2013, 06:12 PM
I doubt it will happen but hope Port beat the Pies tonight.

Was going to post the same thing myself.

azabob
07-09-2013, 06:13 PM
He is a top coach. So happy Geelong lost.

He certainly is, he is the best coach in the business.

Sedat
07-09-2013, 06:23 PM
Where are all those idiots who were bagging Lyon for resting 10 players in a meaningless R23 game? What a gun coach.

LostDoggy
07-09-2013, 07:19 PM
They may surprise. Brisbane should have done it this week — McBurney handed Geelong the game. Must've been catching the train home.
https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/1235924_10152172586634112_452812534_n.jpg?dl=1

Thanks Freo!

Where are all those idiots who were bagging Lyon for resting 10 players in a meaningless R23 game? What a gun coach.

Won them the game. With a prelim in Perth, they're almost guaranteed a GF berth. Watch next year when every top six team's coach rests a dozen.

Mofra
07-09-2013, 07:21 PM
Won them the game. With a prelim in Perth, they're almost guaranteed a GF berth. Watch next year when every top six team's coach rests a dozen.
Next years' AFL Commission / match committee / rule committee crisis topic is decided already.

Ghost Dog
07-09-2013, 07:48 PM

I'd be happy for Sandilands and Pavlich if they won the final. Two superstars of the game who hardly get all the accolades reserved for East Coast Players.

Twodogs
07-09-2013, 09:34 PM

It will be mayhem.

azabob
07-09-2013, 11:04 PM
Another great game tonight.

Love Chad Wingard and Ollie Wines.

whythelongface
07-09-2013, 11:07 PM
How good have Port been tonight. They have been fantastic. What a great win.

DOG GOD
07-09-2013, 11:08 PM
Great seeing Geelong and collingwood both lose today :)

Hotdog60
07-09-2013, 11:16 PM
The wobbles getting their arses handed to them on a platter and the face of Buckley in the coaching box priceless.:)

LostDoggy
07-09-2013, 11:16 PM
Was going to post the same thing myself.

It happened, collingwood gonski

LostDoggy
07-09-2013, 11:23 PM
Screw Boyd. Move heaven and earth and get The Chad.

jazzadogs
07-09-2013, 11:35 PM
Oh man Matt *!*!*!* Spangher.

One time my girlfriend dragged me out to drinks with her sister and her boyfriend, who happened to be a Xavier old boy. He got to pick the place, and naturally we ended up at a place full of Old Xavs who were naturally a fair pissy off dad's coin.

Anyway, about halfway through the worst beers of my life, Spangher walks in, and all of the Xavier cockheads fall over each other to fellate him. "OMG IT'S MATT SPANGHER YOUR (correct spelling btw) A XAVS LEGEND IM GONNA BUY YOU A BEER" "NO I WANNA BUY HIM A BEER", and so on.

After all this shit, I eventually got introduced to him. We had a little chat, about footy, a little bit otherwise, I thought he was a good guy. I had to go to the bathroom, and in which time I was gone, he basically tabled to my girlfriend that she had to bang him because he played AFL and he was a gun player, as he described himself.

Yeah, !*!* Matt Spangher
A friend was doing some work at the electoral office and said they got a call from Matt Spangher a few weeks ago, asking to be made private on the electoral roll because he's a "public figure". Mate, nobody knew who you were until last night!!

Wingard and Wines were outstanding tonight. Matthew Lobbe has had an excellent last month. Can't see them getting past next week, but gee it was fun to watch the Pies get spanked!!

LostDoggy
07-09-2013, 11:59 PM
When Wingard kicked that goal out the back in the dying minutes, I was up on my feet in my loungeroom and kicking it with him. Great game. Great result, x2 today.

Pickenitup
08-09-2013, 12:02 AM
Was at the G tonight and boy I was impressed by the Power they have a exciting future ahead of them.
Got me thinking that I can see Us Doing what they have done this year Next Year.

Remi Moses
08-09-2013, 12:58 AM
Haven't seen both games but gee some media types have the proverbial egg on face this week.
Very disengenous saying port and Freo had a " free swing" this week.
Never a free swing , it's a friggin final

bornadog
08-09-2013, 01:54 AM
Haven't seen both games but gee some media types have the proverbial egg on face this week.
Very disengenous saying port and Freo had a " free swing" this week.
Never a free swing , it's a friggin final

I missed this tonight but great to see the result. Eddie has to learn its one week at a time instead of whining last week about a 6 day break and having to travel too Freo:D

Remi Moses
08-09-2013, 04:35 AM
Watched both games some observations.
Pies butchered it and were to be frank slack in their efforts.
How on earth did Wingard not get recruited by GWS?
Coach of the season Kenny Hinkley.
Eddies 6 day break call is looking rather silly ( shut up Ed)

Ross Lyon is the best coach in the business( every player has a role and they adhere it to a tee)
Sandilands was huge in that last term( in every sense)
Funny seeing Stevie J, master of the cheap shot complaining to the umpires.
I hope we're not mentioned as a potential suitor for Walker at Geelong.
He is useless. The outrage on Mark Harvey's sacking must seen an eternity ago.

LostDoggy
08-09-2013, 08:43 AM
Eddie got what he wanted — a six month break.
I don't think it's any coincidence at all that the two of the most parochial and arrogant teams in the land got theirs handed to them. They might both learn some real humility, not the type you tell an adoring media about. The barracking for the Pies last night on the telly from the commentators was disgraceful, and even more so the eventual backtracking once realisation set in.

Great result for footy, and confirmation, to me anyway, we have the finest game in the world.

The Underdog
08-09-2013, 08:47 AM
Well yesterday was maybe my favourite non-Bulldogs footy day of the year.

Sandilands was unbelievable in that game. The defining factor which won Freo the game. Fyfe and Barlow worked brilliantly underneath him. Brutally tough game of footy. The Cats will be sore on 6 days following that but should still have enough to get over Port.

I was on my feet in the last quarter as Port kicked those last few goals. Huge effort. Can't believe Buckley left them to have a loose man in the backline nearly the whole game. It killed the Pies.
Anyone else watch the continued development of Jasper Pittard last night and think what if? Half-back with pace and excellent foot skills.

comrade
08-09-2013, 10:18 AM
I've barely watched a non-Bulldogs game of football all year but sat engrossed for both games yesterday. Two of the best games of the year, played at a frenetic tempo with relentless pressure.

Freo have the goods and are even money to win the flag, IMO.

Port were immense and have some really good young talent. Wingard started slowly, but worked his way into the game before finally breaking it open. Hinkley pantsed Buckley. Port's defensive structures were perfect all night and caused Collingwood to cough it up repeatedly.

We should take heart with Port's progression. We're good enough to get to their level very soon.

always right
08-09-2013, 10:22 AM
Loved watching the pies fans streaming out of the MCG in the last quarter. Brought back fond memories of a similar sight back in 2006.

Ghost Dog
08-09-2013, 10:25 AM
How's Ollie Wines? I heard he was gutted to be sent to Port after the draft. Great to see him enjoying his footy. He's a thumping kick and will probably be a blue chip midfielder.

Watching Angus Monfries and Heath Shaw go at it was like watching two of your least favorite school bullies slug it out.

mjp
08-09-2013, 10:27 AM
Loved watching the pies fans streaming out of the MCG in the last quarter. Brought back fond memories of a similar sight back in 2006.

Thought exactly the same thing.

mjp
08-09-2013, 10:31 AM
Sandilands was unbelievable in that game. The defining factor which won Freo the game.

Geelong have had ruck issues all year and the whole Blicavs/ Vardy / West thing has played out like a bad soap opera. None of the three are good enough and it is as simple as that. For all of the talk about their recruiting and development program the have been very poor in this area...I say they beat Freo in the finals last year and yesterday if they have Mumford.

chef
08-09-2013, 10:44 AM
How's Ollie Wines? I heard he was gutted to be sent to Port after the draft. Great to see him enjoying his footy. He's a thumping kick and will probably be a blue chip midfielder.

Watching Angus Monfries and Heath Shaw go at it was like watching two of your least favorite school bullies slug it out.

Not true he was happy to go anywhere, more his mum wanted him to stay in Victoria.

This is a kid who's been physically and mentally ready to play AFL for a couple of years now and it's no surprise for people up in this neck of the woods to see him doing so well. Didn't go to parties, didn't drink and was to focussed on his footy and fitness to even have a GF.

Topdog
08-09-2013, 11:16 AM
I know anything can happen in a final but I dont think it is a co-incidence that the Hawks have beaten Freo by an average of 50 points in their last 3 meetings.

soupman
08-09-2013, 11:29 AM
Geez two awesome games yesterday. Wingard is just about my favourite player outside of the Bulldogs, and Port my favourite club to watch so very happy to see them get up, especially against the likes of that absolute loser Heath Shaw, and Harry "of course I can spoil it from 5 players back in the most crucial marking contest of the match to leave my direct open on his own goalside to kick the winning goal" O'Brien.

Hoping today that Carlton get up, not because I prefer them to Richmond but rather for the aftermath. Imagine the reaction if Carlton, who shouldn't even be in the eight and only made the eight because the one year Richmond didn't finish 9th, Carlton did and got a free pass, beat a Richmond side that has been pretty good throughout the entire year, earnt 5th spot and deserves a spot in the next week of finals.

Tiger fans heads would explode with the injustice of such a result. It would be brilliant.

1eyedog
08-09-2013, 11:41 AM
I'd be happy for Sandilands and Pavlich if they won the final. Two superstars of the game who hardly get all the accolades reserved for East Coast Players.

Michael Barlow too - what a story that would be...

Was at the G tonight and boy I was impressed by the Power they have a exciting future ahead of them.
Got me thinking that I can see Us Doing what they have done this year Next Year.

I was thinking the same thing. Port were every bit as bad as us last year. Imagine knocking off Collingwood in next season's Elimination Final!!!

soupman
08-09-2013, 11:45 AM
It's weird seeing all the media experts continue to say what a surprise Port winning yesterday was, and that we all expected Collingwood to win comfortably. Their job is to watch football, and yet they clearly don't do it.

Anybody who has watched Port Adelaide play this year would know that they are a very good chance against anybody, and will just keep coming and coming.

Topdog
08-09-2013, 01:05 PM
Port lost 3 of their last 4 games with their only win being against GC. Honestly not sure how anyone could have thought they would be a good chance especially away from home where they only had 4 wins for the year (GC, GWS, Melb, Saints).

LostDoggy
08-09-2013, 02:05 PM
Geez two awesome games yesterday. Wingard is just about my favourite player outside of the Bulldogs, and Port my favourite club to watch so very happy to see them get up, especially against the likes of that absolute loser Heath Shaw, and Harry "of course I can spoil it from 5 players back in the most crucial marking contest of the match to leave my direct open on his own goalside to kick the winning goal" O'Brien.

Hoping today that Carlton get up, not because I prefer them to Richmond but rather for the aftermath. Imagine the reaction if Carlton, who shouldn't even be in the eight and only made the eight because the one year Richmond didn't finish 9th, Carlton did and got a free pass, beat a Richmond side that has been pretty good throughout the entire year, earnt 5th spot and deserves a spot in the next week of finals.

Tiger fans heads would explode with the injustice of such a result. It would be brilliant.

:D post of the day...Carlton winning after the siren would cap off one of the great weekends...

Greystache
08-09-2013, 05:55 PM
Wow the umpires are trying to systematically determine the result of this game, obviously the AFL wants Richmond in it. As one sided as any game I've ever seen, and I hate Carlton.

comrade
08-09-2013, 06:21 PM
Richmond going to water.

Go_Dogs
08-09-2013, 06:21 PM
Wow the umpires are trying to systematically determine the result of this game, obviously the AFL wants Richmond in it. As one sided as any game I've ever seen, and I hate Carlton.

My thoughts exactly. Good comeback by Carlton though, should be a close finish. Judd was huge in the third.

Twodogs
08-09-2013, 06:30 PM
I'm never going to forget the look on Mitch Robinson's face.

Max469
08-09-2013, 06:35 PM

I thought the same. Can't stand either of them. But Richmond are the umpires friend.

They will both whine monumental about the umpiring after the game.

mjp
08-09-2013, 06:40 PM
For all the talk about Richmond's midfield, how bad is their stoppage play?

Bell, Judd, Robertson are not really 'A'- graders but they have belted the heck out of Richmond inside the game.

n.b. Talking about Judd 2013 model of course when he is a pretty one dimensional stoppage player.

bulldogtragic
08-09-2013, 06:41 PM
Fair game.

comrade
08-09-2013, 06:46 PM
Best first week of finals I've seen in a long time.

Eastdog
08-09-2013, 06:47 PM
Amazing Carlton are going to make the semi finals. Only made the finals because of the Essendon situation.

Twodogs
08-09-2013, 06:47 PM
That's quite a time for Garlett to be pulling out the party tricks.

bulldogtragic
08-09-2013, 06:48 PM
The difference between Robinson's 'good' and 'bad' is astonishing.

comrade
08-09-2013, 06:53 PM
The difference between Robinson's 'good' and 'bad' is astonishing.

Sums up Carlton well. Hope they get smashed by Sydney.

Eastdog
08-09-2013, 06:55 PM
Sums up Carlton well. Hope they get smashed by Sydney.

The Swans in Sydney should as should Geelong. That's the way it usually goes.

bulldogtragic
08-09-2013, 06:58 PM
Tigers choked a 5 goal lead. Me thinks more mental problems for that club than mental problems vanquished... :)

53 point turnaround.

Twodogs
08-09-2013, 06:58 PM
Haha. Suck shit Richmond. That's your one final for this generation of players.

Anyone who wants to play in a premiership should make their way to another club.

Eastdog
08-09-2013, 06:59 PM
Nice to see Richmond lose. After I remember there fans rubbing it in when they beat us.

Remi Moses
08-09-2013, 07:00 PM
Richmond lose to the 9th team!
Judd grabbed the game by the scruff of the neck.
Richmond's mids run well one way

Remi Moses
08-09-2013, 07:01 PM
Haha. Suck shit Richmond. That's your one final for this generation of players.

Anyone who wants to play in a premiership should make their way to another club.

Microwave Mario from Doncaster will be microwaving as we speak

chef
08-09-2013, 07:01 PM
What a game, what a weekend.

Oh the irony of the ninth place team knocking out Richmond:D.

Plus we beat two teams that have won finals this year, not bad.

Greystache
08-09-2013, 07:02 PM
Justice done. Richmond is a nothing team, it's only their fans that don't know it.

Hotdog60
08-09-2013, 07:02 PM
Poor old Jack was well held, 1 goal for the game went missing when it counts.

bulldogtragic
08-09-2013, 07:03 PM
If you had to pick a team Duigan would kick 4 against, it would be us...

Happy someone else got bullied by a spud.

Eastdog

:D The microwaves sure will be on tonight.

bulldogtragic
Whole team went missing when it counts!!

Greystache
08-09-2013, 07:06 PM
Whole team went missing when it counts!!

Dusty "I'm 'ard" Martin unsighted when it got tough. Maybe he needs to finish his sick tatt sleeve to give him the edge he needs. #frontrunner

Eastdog
08-09-2013, 07:13 PM
3 surprises in the first weekend of finals with the Pies and Tigers going out and Cats losing still with one more chance. With finals you just don't know what's around the corner.

wimberga
08-09-2013, 08:26 PM
How big is Tom Bell.

Not a genuine star but man he cracked in and made a difference, even if he also made some mistakes.

Complete contrast to Richmond's style.

I am confident that we will never perform like that in a final with Macca at the helm. It's just not in his character to have a team of soft guys.

I'm looking at you Martin, Riewoldt, King, Jackson, Grigg, Houli, Petterd et al.

LostDoggy
08-09-2013, 08:29 PM
It's weird seeing all the media experts continue to say what a surprise Port winning yesterday was, and that we all expected Collingwood to win comfortably. Their job is to watch football, and yet they clearly don't do it.

Anybody who has watched Port Adelaide play this year would know that they are a very good chance against anybody, and will just keep coming and coming.

Did anybody really believe Collingwood were a contender? Really? They are just selling column inches mate, surely.

Dusty "I'm 'ard" Martin unsighted when it got tough. Maybe he needs to finish his sick tatt sleeve to give him the edge he needs. #frontrunner

I think both teams are front runners. Only Carlton actually ran today.

chef
08-09-2013, 08:34 PM
How big is Tom Bell.

Not a genuine star but man he cracked in and made a difference, even if he also made some mistakes.

We were after him last season weren't we.

comrade
08-09-2013, 08:41 PM
Martin, Riewoldt, King, Jackson, Grigg, Houli, Petterd et al.

Yeah, true colours were shown by this collective today.

I'm confident we can catch up to the likes of Collingwood, Richmond and Carlton pretty quickly.

anfo27
08-09-2013, 08:44 PM
Did anybody really believe Collingwood were a contender? Really? They are just selling column inches mate, surely.

I think both teams are front runners. Only Carlton actually ran today.

If you can take the tigers uncontested possessions away they don't win enough contested possessions to win. You can get away with that in the home & away season but in finals you need 22 players who can crack in & win their own footy.

This is why I'm very excited about the way we are learning to play under macca.

Twodogs
08-09-2013, 09:23 PM

I am so looking forward to listening to KB's show tomorrow.

What a game, what a weekend.

Oh the irony of the ninth place team knocking out Richmond:D.

Plus we beat two teams that have won finals this year, not bad.

I love that last paragraph. I seriously couldn't see us knocking over a finalist this year.
To beat two is great.

Complete contrast to Richmond's style.

I'm looking at you Martin, Riewoldt, King, Jackson, Grigg, Houli, Petterd et al.

You blokes are letting Delidio off the hook. He was the big dissapointment for Richmond today I thought.

Greystache
08-09-2013, 09:33 PM
You blokes are letting Delidio off the hook. He was the big dissapointment for Richmond today I thought.

We probably are but we didn't learn anything today we didn't already know. Martin, Houli, Grigg etc all had question marks over them and whether they could perform when it got tough, Deledio is a weak front runner who's never preformed against a decent opposition.

G-Mo77
08-09-2013, 09:41 PM
I normally don't take much interest in finals once our season is done. This weekend I watched Fremantle win the apparent impossible game, I caught the end of the bye of the finals run over a contender and today watched the 9th place team come from behind and mow over a more favored team. I can't wait until we get there again!

Sedat
08-09-2013, 10:33 PM
Deledio is the king of the cheapies off half back. Today his one-on-one defensive frailties were brutally exposed.

Judd was massive in the 2nd half, especially considering he was coming in cold after 5 weeks out injured. Huge props to Gibbs as well - he was a telling contributor to Carlton's midfield and clearance dominance in the 2nd half.

Richmond are not going to go any further up the ladder with spuds like Petterd in the best 22.

Scorlibo
08-09-2013, 11:56 PM
Think people are being a little harsh on some Richmond players, namely Brett Deledio who we would be very fortunate to have playing for the Doggies.

bornadog
09-09-2013, 12:00 AM
The one thing I didn't like this weekend is my most hated team winning ie Carlton.

LostDoggy
09-09-2013, 12:03 AM
Think people are being a little harsh on some Richmond players, namely Brett Deledio who we would be very fortunate to have playing for the Doggies.

Nope. 12 years to get there. Lose, ok, lose soft? No way.

Twodogs
09-09-2013, 12:04 AM
I'm loud and proud hater of Ruchmond.

chef
09-09-2013, 07:16 AM

Me too, the team I hate the most.

Topdog
09-09-2013, 11:05 AM

Me too. Told me Richmond supporting mate all week that Carlton would run over an the only person in the top 10 at work to tip them.

1eyedog
09-09-2013, 11:09 AM

Agreed, but I think it's more a product of reputation/unrealised talent v output/work rate. Bane of the no.1.

Sedat
09-09-2013, 11:23 AM
I see in Deledio a player who can be devastating when given latitude, but whenever any serious defensive work is put into him he has caved in time and again throughout his career. September is not the place for players who struggle with defensive pressure and a lack of time and space.

Greystache
09-09-2013, 11:36 AM
I see in Deledio a player who can be devastating when given latitude, but whenever any serious defensive work is put into him he has caved in time and again throughout his career. September is not the place for players who struggle with defensive pressure and a lack of time and space.

Exactly. Supposedly a gun midfielder (which he can be when middle of the road teams choose to tag someone else), but when the going gets tough he gets thrown behind the ball where he juices his stats with little behind the back receives from a player who's actually won possession. All the while his team is getting murdered out of the centre.

As a $250K HBF that adds a bit of polish but is just a role player, he'd be nice to have. As a blue chip midfielder he is the ultimate downhill skier.

LostDoggy
09-09-2013, 11:41 AM

And that's why I reckon Fremantle are going to give the Dawkers a massive shake. Can't wait for GF day, if it's Freo vs Hawks as predicted we're going to have an absolute classic.

Sedat
09-09-2013, 11:49 AM
Exactly. Supposedly a gun midfielder (which he can be when middle of the road teams choose to tag someone else), but when the going gets tough he gets thrown behind the ball where he juices his stats with little behind the back receives from a player who's actually won possession. All the while his team is getting murdered out of the centre.

As a $250K HBF that adds a bit of polish but is just a role player, he'd be nice to have. As a blue chip midfielder he is the ultimate downhill skier.
My favourite Deledio "padding the stats" tactic is to kick it to himself half a dozen times when kicking out after a point.

Really surprised that Foley was dropped - coupled with Concha going down early (who has been in fine form lately) and Martin doing his customary disappearing act after half time, it left an awful lot to rest on Cotchin's shoulders. By contrast, Judd and Gibbs were magnificent in the 2nd half with their stoppage and clearance work in the middle. Even Robinson was massive - he's a bit of a spud but he has some good tools for finals footy.

Greystache
09-09-2013, 11:56 AM
My favourite Deledio "padding the stats" tactic is to kick it to himself half a dozen times when kicking out after a point.

And those that live and die by the stats sheet will look him and say "well he got 20 odd touches, he did his job".

1eyedog
09-09-2013, 12:05 PM
And those that live and die by the stats sheet will look him and say "well he got 20 odd touches, he did his job".

Exactly what the post-game wrap stated, 'Deliedo had 26 touches and was a tireless worker for his team...'

LostDoggy
09-09-2013, 12:06 PM
I wonder what Richmond think now of Dustin Martin's contract demands?

Topdog
09-09-2013, 12:15 PM
And that's why I reckon Fremantle are going to give the Dawkers a massive shake. Can't wait for GF day, if it's Freo vs Hawks as predicted we're going to have an absolute classic.

Have Freo not tried in their last 3 meetings?

Greystache
09-09-2013, 12:23 PM
Exactly what the post-game wrap stated, 'Deliedo had 26 touches and was a tireless worker for his team...'

Wow, that's just scary. It just goes to show how little of the game those covering it actually watch.

Happy Days
09-09-2013, 12:43 PM

Speaking of stats, in 2011 (ish?), Deledio had the lowest clearance rate of players who had participated in a certain number of centre bounces.

This not only shows that he is not an elite centre square player, but THE WORST centre square player in the L. And he has hardly improved his work in this area since.

Scorlibo
10-09-2013, 04:56 PM
What good half-back doesn't give their lesser skilled teammates the option to handball? Bob Murphy has been doing this for years, and to good effect.

Club champion awards have to mean something, don't they? Usually the stat haters love the best and fairest. Lids has won 2 in bottom 8 teams. Richmond have been too often travelling uphill to have downhill skiers win best and fairests.

Happy Days
10-09-2013, 08:32 PM
What good half-back doesn't give their lesser skilled teammates the option to handball? Bob Murphy has been doing this for years, and to good effect.

Club champion awards have to mean something, don't they? Usually the stat haters love the best and fairest. Lids has won 2 in bottom 8 teams. Richmond have been too often travelling uphill to have downhill skiers win best and fairests.

Do you honestly think that being a good HBF should be Deledio's ceiling given his talent level?

Scorlibo
10-09-2013, 08:33 PM
Do you honestly think that being a good HBF should be Deledio's ceiling given his talent level?

I don't think that's the argument.

Topdog
10-09-2013, 10:18 PM
I don't think that's the argument.

Well it is to a large extent, that and also that he can't stop his man as a HBF.

Remi Moses
10-09-2013, 10:27 PM

I always envisage the number Picken always did on Deledio a few years ago.
Funny people comparing Griffen to him, and many a few years ago had him ahead of Griff.
Griffen's gone miles ahead, plays well in the middle in a poor team where as Deledio plays that soft easy half back role.

always right
11-09-2013, 01:24 PM

Gifted player but poor defensively and too easily tagged out of a game. This is the area Griff has improved markedly in over the last two years. As for the Murphy comparison, you're right but I think Murph has shown a better ability to overcome tight tags.

Greystache
11-09-2013, 01:27 PM
Gifted player but poor defensively and too easily tagged out of a game. This is the area Griff has improved markedly in over the last two years. As for the Murphy comparison, you're right but I think Murph has shown a better ability to overcome tight tags.

And despite the love Bulldog supporters hold for Murphy, he's not a match winner, merely icing.

Happy Days
11-09-2013, 01:52 PM
And despite the love Bulldog supporters hold for Murphy, he's not a match winner, merely icing.

Murphy can defend too, Jared Petrenko is still in tears and hasn't left his room after the job Bob did on him.

Greystache
11-09-2013, 01:56 PM
Murphy can defend too, Jared Petrenko is still in tears and hasn't left his room after the job Bob did on him.

Murphy has his moments defensively. He does get exposed from time to time, but it's not hard to be better defensively than Deledio (or even in a contested situation) and Murphy certainly is.

1eyedog
11-09-2013, 02:46 PM

Hmmm. I remember watching Bob play forward a few years ago and kick multiple goals in minutes. He could turn a game pretty quickly if he was on.

Times have changed though.

always right
12-09-2013, 01:08 PM
As a forward he's a match winner.
As a defender he sets up for the matchwinners.

The thing about Murph is that he is a beacon when things aren't always going well for the team. Sure he makes some mistakes but is there a player you enjoy watching more than Murph when he's under pressure?

Greystache
12-09-2013, 02:14 PM
Hmmm. I remember watching Bob play forward a few years ago and kick multiple goals in minutes. He could turn a game pretty quickly if he was on.

As a forward he's a match winner.
As a defender he sets up for the matchwinners.

And Deledio can't play as a forward because he can't cope with an opponent, so ergo he's just icing for the actual match winners. Which brings us back to the start, Deledio is the player you don't want when things get tough.

Eastdog
12-09-2013, 02:39 PM
Semi Finals

Friday 16th September 2013

Geelong V Port Adelaide MCG

Winner to play Hawthorn at the MCG in Prelim Final

Saturday 17th September 2013

Sydney V Carlton ANZ Stadium

Winner to play Fremantle at Patersons Satdium in Prelim Final

bornadog
12-09-2013, 03:44 PM
Semi Finals

Friday 16th September 2013

Geelong V Port Adelaide MCG

Winner to play Hawthorn at the MCG in Prelim Final

Saturday 17th September 2013

Sydney V Carlton ANZ Stadium

Winner to play Fremantle at Subiaco Oval in Prelim Final

I bet Hawks will be barracking for Port:D

Eastdog
12-09-2013, 03:47 PM
I bet Hawks will be barracking for Port:D

I'm sure they will be. I reckon the Cats will win and based of past matches they would be favourites to win unless Hawthorn can break the curse.

bornadog
12-09-2013, 03:49 PM
I'm sure they will be. I reckon the Cats will win and based of past matches they would be favourites to win unless Hawthorn can break the curse.

Wouldn't that be nice, Geelong beat the Hawks after they only lost three games for the season.

Eastdog
12-09-2013, 03:50 PM
Wouldn't that be nice, Geelong beat the Hawks after they only lost three games for the season.

Who would you like to see win the whole thing.

always right
12-09-2013, 04:23 PM
Freo

Eastdog
12-09-2013, 04:32 PM
Freo

Me too. Sydney won it last year, Hawthorn have won it enough and Geelong have won it in recent years.

bornadog
12-09-2013, 04:37 PM
Freo

me too

chef
12-09-2013, 06:43 PM

Port for me(won't happen though), but if not them Freo.

bulldogtragic
12-09-2013, 06:48 PM
Anyone who plays Hawthorn, by less than a goal, after Lake does something utterly stupid.

Then they will know our pain...

Bulldog4life
12-09-2013, 07:53 PM
Anyone who plays Hawthorn, by less than a goal, after Lake does something utterly stupid.

Then they will know our pain...

Yes I like that BT. I just don't want to see Brian happy.

Twodogs
12-09-2013, 11:03 PM
Freo way to go.

LostDoggy
13-09-2013, 12:05 AM
Freo way to go.

Easily.

Eastdog
13-09-2013, 12:41 PM
Having their Prelim Final in Perth will give them a big advantage but Geelong were given a big advantage playing their qualifying final at Simonds Stadium and it didn't come through.

LostDoggy
13-09-2013, 02:52 PM
Having their Prelim Final in Perth will give them a big advantage but Geelong were given a big advantage playing their qualifying final at Simonds Stadium and it didn't come through.

Freo are 5 goals better than Geelong and it won't matter they will go into the GF red hot.

I certainly missed the odds, $3.50 is still not bad. I'm certainly looking at smashing that price as soon as Orion wins on Saturday at the Valley.

Topdog
13-09-2013, 03:39 PM
$3.50 for what? To win the flag is going to be a huge ask if they have to play Hawks.

LostDoggy
13-09-2013, 04:20 PM

On the wide expanses at Subiaco, both Sydney and Carlton will be hard-pressed to get past Fremantle's defense. GF berth all but guaranteed. I do think they'll be hard-pressed to knock over the Hawks, but that's if the Hawks can finally put Kennett's Curse to bed in the first place.

Eastdog
13-09-2013, 04:33 PM
On the wide expanses at Subiaco, both Sydney and Carlton will be hard-pressed to get past Fremantle's defense. GF berth all but guaranteed. I do think they'll be hard-pressed to knock over the Hawks, but that's if the Hawks can finally put Kennett's Curse to bed in the first place.

Subiaco is always a daunting place to come to. Getting a win there as the away team is always big.

LostDoggy
13-09-2013, 04:50 PM
$3.50 for what? To win the flag is going to be a huge ask if they have to play Hawks.

I've got some decent money riding on the Hawks, but I think Freo will open them up like a can of worms. Freo will pick over the carcus of whatever remains from the Prelim. Which will be the Hawks. So I'm thinking the $3.50 is looking better by the hour. It's a shame because they were much more before the Cats game...I've waited too long to pull the trigger. Oh we'll better late than never, maybe Multi up with Brown Panther to win the Cup....

LostDoggy
13-09-2013, 04:54 PM
Bulldog Joe's the Smart One got em at $15. To good. ����

Topdog
13-09-2013, 08:04 PM
I've got some decent money riding on the Hawks, but I think Freo will open them up like a can of worms. Freo will pick over the carcus of whatever remains from the Prelim. Which will be the Hawks. So I'm thinking the $3.50 is looking better by the hour. It's a shame because they were much more before the Cats game...I've waited too long to pull the trigger. Oh we'll better late than never, maybe Multi up with Brown Panther to win the Cup....

Freo will open them up? Whats changed from the 50 point thumpings the Hawks have handed out to Freo?

azabob
13-09-2013, 09:29 PM
Port have missed two sitters but have started well.

azabob
13-09-2013, 09:32 PM
Port have missed two sitters but have started well.

Make that 3 sitters.

SlimPickens
13-09-2013, 09:38 PM
All over the cats but are not capitalising. Could be costly.

comrade
13-09-2013, 09:57 PM
Port are running much harder both ways. Mids are getting back in the hole and then breaking hard on the rebound. Cats are playing nervous footy.

You'd expect the Cats to come back hard after half time.

azabob
13-09-2013, 09:58 PM
For such a hard at it player, I can't believe how much Joel Selwood sooks and whinges.

Happy Days
13-09-2013, 10:13 PM
For such a hard at it player, I can't believe how much Joel Selwood sooks and whinges.

Tried to redeem himself after the half time siren but got punked out in a shouting match by Angus Monfries (!!!).

1eyedog
13-09-2013, 10:31 PM
Port need to lock it down and grind out the rest of the 3rd. Geelong are moving it way too fast.

I hate Geelong too and I'm not a big fan of the Scotts. Hope Port can fight back.

comrade
13-09-2013, 10:34 PM
Does Chris Scott actually do any coaching? Every shot of him is either cracking the shits at an umpiring decision or cheering madly when the Cats kick a goal. Bizarre.

LostDoggy
13-09-2013, 10:41 PM
Freo will open them up? Whats changed from the 50 point thumpings the Hawks have handed out to Freo?

Lyons done a Bart Cummings :D I just think they are peaking and will spread to quick for the Hawks....But that's just me. My pocket certainly wants the Hawks at this stage. Take no notice of earlier didn't we smash the Hawks in Tassie in 08 I can't remember prob wrong year?

Topdog
13-09-2013, 10:42 PM
Lyons done a Bart Cummings :D I just think they are peaking and will spread to quick for the Hawks....But that's just me. My pocket certainly wants the Hawks at this stage. Take no notice of earlier didn't we smash the Hawks in Tassie in 08 I can't remember prob wrong year?

A one off win compared to consistent hammerings.

Eastdog
13-09-2013, 11:02 PM
Think Geelong will hold firm but Port will keep coming.

Eastdog
13-09-2013, 11:17 PM
Port not giving up

Remi Moses
13-09-2013, 11:23 PM
Does Chris Scott actually do any coaching? Every shot of him is either cracking the shits at an umpiring decision or cheering madly when the Cats kick a goal. Bizarre.

Him and his brother could whinge for Australia

chef
13-09-2013, 11:26 PM
Port should feel a bit ripped by the umps in the last quarter.

Remi Moses
13-09-2013, 11:29 PM
Geelong stepped up in the second half.
Tremendous season from Port, they've become relevant ( don't think there is anything more insulting than being referred to as Irrelevant).Tremendous insight from our coach on the ABC, he and Kenny Hinkley are good mates. Joel Selwood got them back, and thought Chapman was great early.
Gotta say on that form Hawthorn will cream Geelong, but you never know with this curse.

Eastdog
13-09-2013, 11:31 PM
Geelong stepped up in the second half.
Tremendous season from Port, they've become relevant ( don't think there is anything more insulting than being referred to as Irrelevant).Tremendous insight from our coach on the ABC, he and Kenny Hinkley are good mates. Joel Selwood got them back, and thought Chapman was great early.
Gotta say on that form Hawthorn will cream Geelong, but you never know with this curse.

Hawthorn will be favourites but based on their form against them they'll make the GF.

soupman
So dissapointed. Never fully realized how many Geelong players I dislike. Port are absolutely my favourite team outside us, very exciting to watch.

Umpiring tonight was crap. Every decision was a very technical free with no feel for the game. The worst was that play late in the third where Geelong were running the ball out of the Backline and Port forced about 4 great tackles which were all borderline free kicks this year (guaranteed any other year when players actually have to get rid of it correctly) and then a Port guy went to pick it up, fell over as he did so in the contest and got down for holding th ball. So frustrating.

1eyedog
Port fluffed it after half time. Needed to hang tough and slow the game down. Should come with experience.

Free to Corey against Carlisle in the goal square should have been play on - but really 31 to 20 scoring shots told the story.

azabob
13-09-2013, 11:33 PM
Port fluffed it after half time. Needed to hang tough and slow the game down. Should come with experience.

Also missing three gimme goals in the first hurts big time.

Topdog
13-09-2013, 11:53 PM
Corey was absolutely massive. brilliant game.

Sedat
14-09-2013, 01:19 AM
Umpiring tonight was crap.
Shane McInerney was officiating. What did you expect?

G-Mo77
14-09-2013, 08:49 AM
The worst was that play late in the third where Geelong were running the ball out of the Backline and Port forced about 4 great tackles which were all borderline free kicks this year (guaranteed any other year when players actually have to get rid of it correctly) and then a Port guy went to pick it up, fell over as he did so in the contest and got down for holding th ball. So frustrating.

Bingo! I watched quietly until that part of the game. All of them were holding the ball or incorrect disposal apart from the one they actually paid. I'm pretty sure Selwood threw the ball from his chest in one of those tackles. :rolleyes:

Rance Fan
14-09-2013, 10:08 AM
Port should feel a bit ripped by the umps in the last quarter.

Totally agree!

Incorrect disposal rule... is there such a thing anymore??
:confused:

comrade
14-09-2013, 10:14 AM
Bingo! I watched quietly until that part of the game. All of them were holding the ball or incorrect disposal apart from the one they actually paid. I'm pretty sure Selwood threw the ball from his chest in one of those tackles. :rolleyes:

Yep, on his back and just threw it out. I hate it when the umpire immediately yells "gotta get it out" when someone tries to win the ball. All it does is encourage the opposition to hold it in for a cheap free kick, rather than encourage ball movement which is the intention of the umpire.

Incorrect disposal isn't a rule that applies to Geelong.

LostDoggy
14-09-2013, 01:37 PM
Shane McInerney was officiating. What did you expect?

How does that bloke ever get a run. Should be doing VAFA if anything.

azabob
14-09-2013, 06:29 PM
Does anyone give Carlton a chance tonight?

For some strange reason, I think they will somehow get up.

Wonder if its because deep down I want to be able to say we beat a top four team this year? :D

Bulldog4life
14-09-2013, 07:05 PM
Does anyone give Carlton a chance tonight?

For some strange reason, I think they will somehow get up.

Wonder if its because deep down I want to be able to say we beat a top four team this year? :D

I hope not :eek:

azabob
14-09-2013, 07:08 PM
I hope not :eek:

Totally agree B4L.

Eastdog
14-09-2013, 07:14 PM
Totally agree B4L.

Agree With B4L and azabob. We beat Carlton this season and yet they are only 1 win away from a prelim final berth. It was just a bit of luck with them getting into the 8 because of the whole Essendon situation and the way results went in the last round.

Bulldog4life
14-09-2013, 07:15 PM
Totally agree B4L.

I'll be barracking madly for the Swannies to win Bob. I have some misguided friends and family who follow Caaaaarton. I'll have to turn my phone off for a week if they get up.

Eastdog
14-09-2013, 07:18 PM
I'll be barracking madly for the Swannies to win Bob. I have some misguided friends and family who follow Caaaaarton. I'll have to turn my phone off for a week if they get up.

Yeah you won't here the end of it if they go through. Imagine if it was Richmond.

Eastdog
14-09-2013, 09:19 PM
Injuries hurting Sydney that first quarter.

Remi Moses
14-09-2013, 10:00 PM
Jarryd Mcveigh outstanding
Sydney are out working them
The ground's a joke!!
Swans injuries , could Carlton have anymore luck?

comrade
14-09-2013, 10:06 PM
Nothing better than needling Blues supporters who actually believe they deserve to play finals this year. God, I hope the Swans come out and finish the job.

Topdog
14-09-2013, 11:06 PM
hammering as expected. Can't believe how many people gave the Blues a chance.

Sedat
14-09-2013, 11:24 PM
Nothing better than needling Blues supporters who actually believe they deserve to play finals this year.
They deserved it more than Essendon.

Terrible game, terrible surface, terrible commentary team.

Remi Moses
14-09-2013, 11:31 PM
They deserved it more than Essendon.

Terrible game, terrible surface, terrible commentary team.

What about the Awful Awful pre- game...
The Stkilda PR b/s . Stick to lighting up dwarfs.
The red Poo Foo bloke, the cross promotion crapola
God Awful television

Eastdog
15-09-2013, 01:04 AM
What about the Awful Awful pre- game...
The Stkilda PR b/s . Stick to lighting up dwarfs.
The red Poo Foo bloke, the cross promotion crapola
God Awful television

Agree RM. Yeah that pre match stuff on Saturday nights from 6:30pm is purely just filler. They should start the coverage say 20 minutes before the match with just a little preview.

Eastdog
15-09-2013, 01:12 AM
2013 Preliminary Finals

Friday 20th September

Hawthorn V Geelong MCG (N)

Saturday 21st September

Fremantle V Sydney Patersons Stadium (N)

Who's going to make the big one?

boydogs
15-09-2013, 09:51 AM
Geelong are really patchy, and Sydney have a really tough ask to win in Perth when Freo have had the week off.

bulldogtragic
15-09-2013, 11:19 AM
Carlton had more scoring shots than Sydney.

Topdog
15-09-2013, 12:03 PM
Carlton had more scoring shots than Sydney.

At 3 quarter time Sydney had 9 more shots and 54 more points than Carlton.

bulldogtragic
15-09-2013, 12:05 PM
At 3 quarter time Sydney had 9 more shots and 54 more points than Carlton.
So I can assume it was a bad last quarter? :)

Topdog
15-09-2013, 12:16 PM
LOL yeah Sydney were shot and not overly bothered by the final score as long as they got to the prelim.

DOG GOD
15-09-2013, 12:17 PM
Can the cat curse hit the hawks? I don't want Brian lake with a premiership medal :)

Topdog
15-09-2013, 12:20 PM
Why is there so much Lake hate?

Eastdog
15-09-2013, 12:24 PM

I guess some of our supporters didn't like his move to Hawthorn because he just wants a premiership but at the same time his getting on and maybe it was a good move in the end by us to make way for a developing youngster.

chef
15-09-2013, 12:26 PM

Yep, i hope he does get the medal. Gave us great service and deserves to go out a winner.

azabob
15-09-2013, 12:33 PM
Yep, i hope he does get the medal. Gave us great service and deserves to go out a winner.

To me it is an interesting case study.

If the Hawks to get the ultimate this year, will the premiership medal mean as much to Lake as it would have as opposed if he won it with us? Could the win feel a bit hollow?

LostDoggy
15-09-2013, 12:42 PM
2013 Preliminary Finals

Friday 20th September

Hawthorn V Geelong MCG (N)

Saturday 21st September

Fremantle V Sydney Patersons Stadium (N)

Who's going to make the big one?

Hawks $1.50 Cats $2.55

Freo $1.35 Swans $3.15

Eastdog
15-09-2013, 12:45 PM
To me it is an interesting case study.

If the Hawks to get the ultimate this year, will the premiership medal mean as much to Lake as it would have as opposed if he won it with us? Could the win feel a bit hollow?

Yeah I know what you mean azabob. I reckon if it was with us it probably would mean a lot more seeing that we haven't won in ages.

Eastdog
15-09-2013, 12:47 PM
Hawks $1.50 Cats $2.55

Freo $1.35 Swans $3.15

From the odds it will be a Hawks and Dockers grand final. Nothing would surprise me if Geelong gets up for the occasion and wins.

G-Mo77
15-09-2013, 05:56 PM

He's not a Bulldog any more and I don't care if he gets a medal or doesn't. He's just another tool running around in a wees and poos jumper.

LostDoggy
15-09-2013, 06:03 PM
From the odds it will be a Hawks and Dockers grand final. Nothing would surprise me if Geelong gets up for the occasion and wins.

Yea looks that way Eastdog, FWIW I dont give the Cats or Swans any chance whats so ever.

The curse will be well and truly crushed next week, the Cats havn't been in this bad of shape for a long time.

The GF looks like being a Cracker.....if Freo gets through unscathed it will be a Purple Party.

LostDoggy
15-09-2013, 06:14 PM
Anyone interested the quinella is payin 2-1....$100 on it, get your winnings and youve got a free $100 bet on the Norm Smith the following week.

Eastdog
15-09-2013, 06:31 PM
Yea looks that way Eastdog, FWIW I dont give the Cats or Swans any chance whats so ever.

The curse will be well and truly crushed next week, the Cats havn't been in this bad of shape for a long time.

The GF looks like being a Cracker.....if Freo gets through unscathed it will be a Purple Party.

Do you give the Swans any chance against Freo at Subi rooner17.

Topdog
15-09-2013, 07:32 PM
I certainly dont.

LostDoggy
15-09-2013, 10:42 PM
Do you give the Swans any chance against Freo at Subi rooner17.

No chance Eastdog, they are a Proud team who will try to lock down the game as best as they can but they just dont have the cattle and on the big ground Freo will just eventually open them up.

The only thing that can beat Freo are themselves. The expectation on them will be massive over there but they seem much different under Lyon enough to carry them all the way.

KT31
17-09-2013, 11:07 AM
Would love to see Freo go all the way, mind you a part of me will rue if they make the Grand Final it will leave us as the only established team in my life time (for that matter since 1980) to not have played in a Grand Final.
Out of those 33 years, and 15 different sides their has been 11 different winners.
With this sort of torment its a wonder more of us don't end up in the looney bin.

LostDoggy
17-09-2013, 11:50 PM
Would love to see Freo go all the way, mind you a part of me will rue if they make the Grand Final it will leave us as the only team in my life time (for that matter since 1980) to not have played in a Grand Final.
Out of those 33 years, and 17 different sides their has been 11 different winners.
With this sort of torment its a wonder more of us don't end up in the looney bin.

What about GWS and Gold Coast?

KT31
18-09-2013, 12:01 AM
What about GWS and Gold Coast?

Meant only to include the 15 other sides that are fully established, but forgot to discount them and wrote 17, I have corrected it to read 15 teams.:p

Eastdog
20-09-2013, 08:10 PM
I don't know but I just have this feeling that Geelong will get up for the occasion.

azabob
20-09-2013, 08:11 PM
I don't know but I just have this feeling that Geelong will get up for the occasion.

Fingers crossed Eastdog.

chef
20-09-2013, 08:31 PM
C'mon Brian.

bulldogtragic
20-09-2013, 08:46 PM
Wish we were there. I love the anthem even more when it's our anticipation building.

Eastdog
20-09-2013, 08:49 PM
Wish we were there. I love the anthem even more when it's our anticipation building.

I wish we were there too bulldogtragic. Our time will come. Prelim final is a huge weekend on the footy calendar.

bulldogtragic
20-09-2013, 09:01 PM
I wish we were there too bulldogtragic. Our time will come. Prelim final is a huge weekend on the footy calendar.
It's my favourite, it seems to be the fans day. Grand finals seem a little stuffy, but that's maybe where I've been seated and not being invested in the game. Might have a different opinion in 4 years.

Remi Moses
20-09-2013, 09:26 PM
I've seen 7 losing ones .
I hate prelim final weekend

Eastdog
20-09-2013, 09:36 PM
Cats playing well. The curse is a big chance to continue.

Eastdog
20-09-2013, 09:39 PM

Yeah it's been tough on us but next time we make it there it will be 1 out of 8 hopefully that you've seen as a supporter Remi.

bulldogtragic
20-09-2013, 09:41 PM
Stevie J showing the value of BMac and senior playing leaders developing talented wayward kids. He was kicked out of the club after years of stupidity and is showing in the big games talent is king.

Dayle Garlett.

Twodogs
20-09-2013, 09:44 PM

I wonder if we'll cack it for double figures Remi?

Eastdog
20-09-2013, 09:47 PM

As a supporter I've seen 3 losing ones but hopefully it won't be 6 for me and 10 for you and Remi.

bulldogtragic
20-09-2013, 09:47 PM
Don't say things like that... C'mon. :)

LostDoggy
20-09-2013, 09:52 PM
You feel like Bruce needs to spend the off-season developing some new one-liners.

Sedat
20-09-2013, 09:53 PM
Josh Hunt is Hawthorn's best player

Eastdog
20-09-2013, 09:54 PM
You feel like Bruce needs to spend the off-season developing some new one-liners.

When Cyril gets it it gives Bruce ammunition.

bulldogtragic
20-09-2013, 09:54 PM
Fair old game so far!

SlimPickens
20-09-2013, 09:55 PM

Don't you?

azabob
20-09-2013, 09:56 PM
Josh Hunt is Hawthorn's best player

How is he still in their team?

Him and Rivers in your back six you know your in trouble.

Eastdog
20-09-2013, 09:56 PM
Fair old game so far!

Geelong need the HT siren.

azabob
20-09-2013, 09:57 PM
Poor miss by Roughead.

bulldogtragic
20-09-2013, 09:57 PM
If you needed proof having tall forwards in finals was important, Hawks talls showing that tonight.

And if their talls could kick straight, they'd be 3 goals in front.