PDA

View Full Version : Saints hit new low (or new small)

Dry Rot
03-09-2013, 02:16 AM
Possible new criminal charges over setting fire to a dwarf on Mad Monday

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-09-02/dwarfs-clothes-lit-up-by-saint

Lovely blokes.

LostDoggy
03-09-2013, 02:51 AM
And the Saints pre-season fun starts in record time.

Remi Moses
03-09-2013, 05:10 AM
Once the comedy club and still the comedy club.
Classy

G-Mo77
03-09-2013, 06:36 AM
When I read the headline on Twitter last night I just thought it was a garden gnome. Pretty low thing to do and hopefully the clown who did it gets a really good whack!

The whole thing is bizarre. Why on Earth would you book them for a mad Monday?

chef
03-09-2013, 07:24 AM
Stay classy St Kilda.

Murphy'sLore
03-09-2013, 10:21 AM
For crying out loud. You couldn't make this sh*t up. What next?

Scraggers
03-09-2013, 10:42 AM
Andrew Demetriou was said to be in fits of laughter when he was told ... talk about class.

LostDoggy
03-09-2013, 10:44 AM
I think they must have adopted the "No Dickheads" draft policy but forgot about the "No" part...

Greystache
03-09-2013, 11:35 AM
Andrew Demetriou was said to be in fits of laughter when he was told ... talk about class.

It was on Talking Footy on channel 7 last night, couldn't control himself for several minutes.

Bulldog4life
03-09-2013, 12:26 PM
It is a disgraceful Club. You would be so ashamed to follow that mob.

bulldogtragic
03-09-2013, 12:42 PM
It is a disgraceful Club. You would be so ashamed to follow that mob.
This.

What *!*!*!*!Wits.

G-Mo77
03-09-2013, 01:15 PM
It was on Talking Footy on channel 7 last night, couldn't control himself for several minutes.

Yep, pretty poor. He couldn't answer questions he was laughing so hard.

Call me old fashioned but I don't see setting someone's clothes on fire funny.

LostDoggy
03-09-2013, 02:07 PM

I heard him talking about it this morning. I can totally understand why he was laughing. After all the crap that has happened this year he thought that the guys on the panel were having a lend of him. He thought it was so obscure it had to be a joke. Once he found out it was real he changed his tune.

I know there are a lot who love to stick the boots into Vlad, but I tend to side with him on this one.

bulldogtragic
03-09-2013, 02:27 PM
I tend to agree. Seems pretty far fetched as an allegation, fanciful even, so i can understand a proportional reaction to the apparent obsurdity of it... I couldn't imagine a tool like Fevola doing this.

Just makes me lose even more respect for them. Didnt think it was possible either!

Twodogs
03-09-2013, 03:11 PM
I heard him talking about it this morning. I can totally understand why he was laughing. After all the crap that has happened this year he thought that the guys on the panel were having a lend of him. He thought it was so obscure it had to be a joke. Once he found out it was real he changed his tune.

I know there are a lot who love to stick the boots into Vlad, but I tend to side with him on this one.

^^^^^^
This. Vlad thought they were taking the piss. He was very contrite this morning when he found out it was true.

LostDoggy
03-09-2013, 07:05 PM
Clinton Jones named as the player responsible.

Greystache
03-09-2013, 07:09 PM
Clinton Jones named as the player responsible.

Surprising, he's considered one of the only decent people at the club. I guess he's be St Kildaised.

Throughandthrough
03-09-2013, 07:14 PM
Did Milne get annoyed when Jones set him on fire?

Doc26
03-09-2013, 07:58 PM
My only surprise is how the likes of Dan Connors and Justin Sherman managed to fail this Club's 'yes dickhead' policy.

Throughandthrough
03-09-2013, 09:36 PM
And apparently they have found the long lost missing 8th dwarf. He answers to Smoky.

bulldogtragic
03-09-2013, 09:42 PM
And apparently they have found the long lost missing 8th dwarf. He answers to Smoky.
Or Burnsy.

SonofScray
03-09-2013, 11:34 PM
Surprising, he's considered one of the only decent people at the club. I guess he's be St Kildaised.

Cheat, the way he carried on and took dives against us in 2013 was shameful. It seems he is a dickhead as well.

What a disgrace of a Club.

Throughandthrough
03-09-2013, 11:39 PM
Ps I thought the term dwarf was deemed inappropriate a few years ago.

LostDoggy
04-09-2013, 02:43 AM
I declare a midget fatwa on StKilda and their band of rapey tool bag divers! How dare they burn one of my brothers!

Ghost Dog
04-09-2013, 07:18 AM
Nice one T and T. If Milne were the clown, I'm not sure everyone would be so upset.

Why is it 'set fire to a dwarf?'
They set fire to a person.
I hope they get the pants sued off them.

LostDoggy
04-09-2013, 08:46 AM
The really concerning thing is they were apparently doing it all day — trying to set bloke's alight. It was only when the dwarf — probably wearing a flammable costume — went up that anybody sat up and said, gee, is this really such a good idea?

bornadog
04-09-2013, 10:29 AM
The really concerning thing is they were apparently doing it all day — trying to set bloke's alight. It was only when the dwarf — probably wearing a flammable costume — went up that anybody sat up and said, gee, is this really such a good idea?

On the Saints players, gee how old are they?

jeemak
04-09-2013, 11:15 AM
I love how donating to a children's cancer charity is now commonly accepted as a make good for setting a person of small stature (or any person, for that matter) on fire.

It's great that charities benefit from the stupidity of people in these situations, but I don't equate donating to charity with remorse or acknowledgement that a person has stuffed up.

Twodogs
04-09-2013, 11:38 AM
I love how donating to a children's cancer charity is now commonly accepted as a make good for setting a person of small stature (or any person, for that matter) on fire.

It's great that charities benefit from the stupidity of people in these situations, but I don't equate donating to charity with remorse or acknowledgement that a person has stuffed up.

I think it was Blake Johnston's nominated charity.

LostDoggy
04-09-2013, 01:12 PM
Ps I thought the term dwarf was deemed inappropriate a few years ago.

Like every other 'derogatory' comment - it's alright if 'they' say it.

LostDoggy
04-09-2013, 01:20 PM
Maybe they will have a medal struck called the "Burning Dwarf Award" for the best clubman

LostDoggy
04-09-2013, 01:21 PM
My only surprise is how the likes of Dan Connors and Justin Sherman managed to fail this Club's 'yes dickhead' policy.
Interestingly Sherman has been doing a lot of good work for williamstown while he's been injured, think he's trying to prove something

jeemak
04-09-2013, 02:04 PM
I think it was Blake Johnston's nominated charity.

The actual charity selected is not the point.

I am frustrated that it's become a trend that when sports people step out of line, whether it be drunken abuse towards women, setting people on fire or racially abusing somebody a level of absolution is granted them if they give over some money to a charitable cause.

It's like a dickhead tax that doesn't actually deter people from acting like dickheads. I don't see the behaviour changing education in the process.

KT31
04-09-2013, 02:22 PM

I am frustrated that it's become a trend that when sports people step out of line, whether it be drunken abuse towards women, setting people on fire or racially abusing somebody a level of absolution is granted them if they give over some money to a charitable cause.

It's like a dickhead tax that doesn't actually deter people from acting like dickheads. I don't see the behaviour changing education in the process.

Would you be happier if it was charity work, IMO this would be much better and working with someone disadvantaged or quite ill might make them see how selfish and idiotic they have been and possibly make them appreciate just how good they have it and lucky they are.

bornadog
04-09-2013, 02:55 PM

The player should be charged for committing a criminal act and sued by the person the pain was inflicted on. That will get their attention.

Ghost Dog
04-09-2013, 03:16 PM

Well said Jeemak. Very good point.

Scraggers
04-09-2013, 03:48 PM
Regardless of the fine, surely this is a Police matter. I would think it would be at least a GBH charge, if not more.

Throughandthrough
04-09-2013, 05:54 PM
....but the aggrieved person now seems to be making the most of his 15 minutes of fame as well.

LostDoggy
04-09-2013, 06:20 PM
....but the aggrieved person now seems to be making the most of his 15 minutes of fame as well.

I'm sure he'll fire through the media circles and light us all up with his charm until his fame becomes short-lived.

Throughandthrough
04-09-2013, 06:29 PM
or should i have said his 15 seconds of flame

#zing

KT31
04-09-2013, 06:33 PM

#zing

:D

Might just watch the start of the Footy show to see what Sam has his mate do.
Could involve a Johnnie Cash song and a hula hoop.:D

LostDoggy
04-09-2013, 06:34 PM

#zing

Ether way, a short time.

#zing

Maddog37
04-09-2013, 06:47 PM
You guys are making light of a combustible situation.

Throughandthrough
04-09-2013, 06:49 PM
Np need to get Grumpy Maddog37. Or any of the other Dwarfs either.

Throughandthrough
04-09-2013, 10:30 PM
I always hope people named Clint or Clinton have really neat hand writing