PDA

View Full Version : Good luck Nick Lower

Twodogs
04-09-2013, 03:50 PM
Even though he's only been a Bulldog for one year it seems like he is an old club favourite.
I really, really hope he gets picked up by another club. I even hope he plays well against us. I hope he plays so well that we have to sic Mitch onto him.

Ghost Dog
04-09-2013, 03:59 PM
I loved having him here. He was a good fit. For those who think he was a wasted pick, consider how poorly Liam Picken was playing a few months ago, the intensity of the game and chance for injuries. A young side needs depth and hardness: Nick certainly added some of that.

whythelongface
04-09-2013, 04:14 PM
I loved having him here. He was a good fit. For those who think he was a wasted pick, consider how poorly Liam Picken was playing a few months ago, the intensity of the game and chance for injuries. A young side needs depth and hardness: Nick certainly added some of that.

I second that.

I agree with the club to delist Nick but certainly believe he has played his part in the development of the team this year and wish him all the best in his future football career.

Sometimes you have to be cruel to be kind.

SonofScray
04-09-2013, 04:20 PM
Did what was asked of him. Brought a ruthless attidtude to the game and the attitude you have to hold for the contest and against your opponent if you are going to get the job done. My favourite ever 1 year, "flash in the pan" Club man.

bornadog
04-09-2013, 05:13 PM
13 games for the club, not a lot at all. Good luck to Nick and his career.

The Underdog
04-09-2013, 05:47 PM
13 games for the club, not a lot at all. Good luck to Nick and his career.

The temerity of the guy to want to play for us, work his butt off, do some great to good tagging jobs and get delisted after one year. He must be pissing himself with laughter right now.

bornadog
04-09-2013, 05:49 PM
The temerity of the guy to want to play for us, work his butt off, do some great to good tagging jobs and get delisted after one year. He must be pissing himself with laughter right now.

I actually feel sorry for him that we put him in the team for just 13 games and he gets delisted.

As the OP said, hope he finds a new home.

KT31
04-09-2013, 06:43 PM
I actually feel sorry for him that we put him in the team for just 13 games and he gets delisted.

As the OP said, hope he finds a new home.

I too feel for Lower, I wish him all the best and hope he is picked up by another club.
On the other hand I am very pleased the club seems to have a set plan and an idea of the players required to take us forward.
And we finally have a list manager who seems to be able to make the tough decisions.(although the Gia resigning may waiver this a tad.)

josie
04-09-2013, 08:06 PM
Best of luck to Nick. I thought he had the Bulldogs Fighting Spirit. I also hope you are picked up by another club & do well. Understand our Club making tough decision though.

AndrewP6
04-09-2013, 08:36 PM

And now he's gone, the kids have to provide it. I hope we're not found wanting in this area.

1eyedog
04-09-2013, 10:09 PM
Good luck Nick. You gave up heaps to get to Victoria (more than most people know) and then did everything that was asked of you by the club -including playing good football. Unfortunately (oddly) even Smith's injury could not keep you at the club for one more year.

Understand the decision but hard luck.

Bulldog4life
05-09-2013, 12:33 AM
Bad luck Nick. Hope you find a new home. Played well in a number of games for us....even got votes on WOOF.:)

Murphy'sLore
05-09-2013, 10:29 AM
Feel bad for him, too; this is a tough business sometimes. Wish him all the best for the future and appreciate the contribution he made this year.

F'scary
08-09-2013, 11:35 AM
The management have moved quickly - signalling they will be active in the trade period. Watch for a few regulars to be traded.

LostDoggy
08-09-2013, 01:29 PM
Really hope he plays for Footscray if not picked up by another AFL club. Fantastic bloke to have around the place.

azabob
23-09-2013, 08:50 PM
Matty Boyd also obviously loved Nick Lower.

From what I can gather Lower is Boyd's plus one for the brownlow.

bornadog
23-09-2013, 11:15 PM
I see he is at the Brownlow sitting next to the boys

bulldogtragic
23-09-2013, 11:17 PM
Maybe he will stick around for Footscray?

Bulldog4life
23-09-2013, 11:22 PM

Yes I saw him too.

comrade
23-09-2013, 11:24 PM
Yes I saw him too.

Boydy's date.

anfo27
23-09-2013, 11:54 PM
Boydy's date.

Better than bringing your mum! Was that Dougie or Simon Atkins who brought along their mother one year?

azabob
24-09-2013, 12:06 AM
Matty Boyd also obviously loved Nick Lower.

From what I can gather Lower is Boyd's plus one for the brownlow.

Missed my post BAD?

strebla
24-09-2013, 12:43 AM
Better than bringing your mum! Was that Dougie or Simon Atkins who brought along their mother one year?

Simon Atkins the story is cracker

anfo27
24-09-2013, 07:55 AM

From memory he had a blue with the missus on the day of the Brownlow & she refused to go. You have any more details strebla?

KT31
24-09-2013, 09:18 AM
From memory he had a blue with the missus on the day of the Brownlow & she refused to go. You have any more details strebla?

Turned up to the pub ( from memory the Royal ) on mad Monday, she said a few choice words, had a barney and drop of his bags and then left.
He took his Mum to the Brownlow that night.

strebla
24-09-2013, 10:54 AM
Turned up to the pub ( from memory the Royal ) on mad Monday, she said a few choice words, had a barney and drop of his bags and then left.

KT31 is on the money but I think the pub was the Albert.

Twodogs
24-09-2013, 12:10 PM

I think it might have been the night that Libba won the Brownlow. Axe didn't come home for 3 days and when he did all his stuff was on the front porch.

Happy Days
24-09-2013, 05:07 PM

I thought this was going somewhere very Big Footy-ish (!)

strebla
26-09-2013, 11:33 AM
I thought this was going somewhere very Big Footy-ish (!)

No I will not go there .

Throughandthrough
09-10-2013, 12:27 PM
http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/afl/norwood-busy-recruiting-for-attack-on-hattrick-of-flags/story-fnii057l-1226734994505

http://resources2.news.com.au/images/2013/10/08/1226734/996654-f1b9c8a8-2fec-11e3-a486-7ab2348709d2.jpg

NORWOOD'S premiership celebrations have not stopped the club from building plans for an attack on a hat-trick of flags next season and it has already made a move to lure Nick Lower, Alex Forster and Ben Speight back to The Parade.
The Redlegs have had talks with the trio, delisted by AFL clubs at the end of the season, and football manager Mark Ross said all three were a ''chance to come home''.

MORE: REDLEGS' COLOURS DOMINATE WEST END CHIMNEY

Lower, Speight and Forster were cut by the Western Bulldogs, North Melbourne and Fremantle respectively after being recruited from Norwood.

"During the season, we have contact with the AFL players who have been recruited from Norwood and we have been chatting with the delisted players about returning next year,'' Ross said.

"We will lose a few players from this year's team but we are excited about next year. You need to keep the hunger for winning and turning the list over does that. (Coach) Nathan (Bassett) has been doing that since 2010.

"We lost the grand final that year and lost the likes of (Paul) Puopolo, Lower, (Nick) Duigan, (David) Trotter.

"People thought it was doom and gloom then and we just kept managing to turn it around. I think we will continue to do that.''

The Redlegs continued to celebrate the grand final triumph over North Adelaide when the players unveiled the chimney with the red and blue colours on top at the West End Brewery on Tuesday.

Veteran forward Ben Warren used the occasion to announce his retirement, joining Jack Oatey Medallist Brett Zorzi in ending their careers.

The club could also be without classy onballer Mat Suckling, who is considering moving back to Victoria.

The Redlegs are to lose a swag of players but forward Michael Newton is to remain with the club for another two years after signing a new deal.

"It must be kept in mind we have Mark Evans, Peter Bampton, Ed Smart, Kane Murphy, Michael Newton, Matthew Panos, Michael Chippendale, Kristian Roocke, Peter Persinos, Craig Evans, Dylan Reinbrecht, Gavin Hughes, Josh Donohue, Luke Thomas and Luke Wilson.

"They did not play in the grand final and all but Reinbrecht (who had a shoulder reconstruction before the first round) played league football this season.''

LostDoggy
09-10-2013, 12:29 PM
Good on Ed's brother :)