PDA

View Full Version : Justin Cordy Returns to the club

azabob
20-09-2013, 04:43 PM
Justin Cordy has returned as high performance manager.

azabob
20-09-2013, 04:45 PM
What are posters thoughts about Justin Cordy returning?

bulldogtragic
20-09-2013, 04:49 PM
I thought the next Cordy at the club would be Zaine.

Must have their reasons... Happy it's not the weapon though.

Bulldog4life
20-09-2013, 04:53 PM
What I do remember is that the Club was disappointed to lose him in the first place.

Remi Moses
20-09-2013, 05:03 PM
Didn't he walk all those years ago?
Glad it isn't Davoren

chef
20-09-2013, 05:05 PM
Good to have him back

The Doctor
20-09-2013, 05:10 PM
Great News.

Eastdog
20-09-2013, 05:28 PM
Good news and good luck to him.

bornadog
20-09-2013, 05:28 PM
Wasn't he poached by Carlton?

Bulldog Revolution
20-09-2013, 05:40 PM
Wasn't he poached by Carlton?

Went to Cricket Australia first, and then Carlton

I'd thought in a twist he might have ended up at Collingwood with Rocket again

Bulldog4life
20-09-2013, 05:48 PM
http://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/news/2013-09-20/cordy-dogs-new-high-performance-manager

The Western Bulldogs have announced Justin Cordy as the Club’s new High Performance Manager on Friday afternoon.

Cordy will return to the Kennel after six years at Carlton Football Club as the Blues' High Performance Manager.

Prior to this Cordy held the position of Physical Performance Manager at Cricket Australia (2005 - 2007) and held the same post at the Western Bulldogs from 2004 to 2005.

Graham Lowe, Bulldogs General Manager of Football said the Club was thrilled with the appointment.

“We are really pleased to have a person of Justin’s experience and professionalism come on board at such an exciting time in our development," Lowe said.

Cordy who will start at the Club in November said today that he was looking forward to tackling the important role.

“I think there’s an exciting brand here at the Western Bulldogs – certainly you see that on the field in the way that the players have gone about their football this season,” Cordy said today.

“That was certainly a big stimulus for me coming across and working for the Western Bulldogs Football Club."

Remi Moses
20-09-2013, 05:58 PM
Went to Cricket Australia first, and then Carlton

I'd thought in a twist he might have ended up at Collingwood with Rocket again

Thought so as well. But everything from Collingwood ends up at Carlton.

LostDoggy
21-09-2013, 07:14 AM
What's the job description for a high performance manager at an AFL club?

Main tasks and objectives?

Hotdog60
21-09-2013, 09:08 AM

This is from the NSW Institute of sport I wounder if it is the same sort of role. Although Director maybe a higher position than Manager.

Role Purpose
The Director - High Performance is primarily responsible for successful realisation of high performance strategies and management outcomes, particularly in relation to the focus areas below. In addition, the Director High Performance will be responsible for driving the achievement of sport outcomes with an allocated NSWIS sport/s in conjunction with identified Coaches and service staff.
Strategic Focus
Strengthen NSWIS as an Organisation
o Build the High Performance Culture within NSWIS
o Encourage awareness of global high performance trends and opportunities with NSWIS high performance staff and program partners
o Continue to build strategic partnerships and relationships to achieve high performance outcomes
Management Focus
o Facilitate integrated outcomes for high performance sports, services, staff and coaches collaboratively with the NSWIS High Performance Management Team
o Drive performance management of NSWIS Coaches
o Manage systems and outcomes for cross sport High Performance projects
o Manage sport outcomes for any allocated sport programs (up to 3)

Bulldog4life
21-09-2013, 12:18 PM

http://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/ne...rmance-manager

There is an interview with Cordy on Bulldogs TV on the above link marcov and he answers your question.

azabob
03-12-2013, 09:42 PM
Part of me is still apprehensive with Cordy returning to the club, especially after we made such improvement (in my view)with Lowe in charge. In fairness to Cordy I'd be apprehensive with whoever was taking over.

Can posters close to the club comment on Cordy and his performance with us?

What are posters thoughts on Carlton's strength and fitness over the past few years?

#gatherthepack

Pedro Sanchez
03-12-2013, 11:55 PM
Part of me is still apprehensive with Cordy returning to the club, especially after we made such improvement (in my view)with Lowe in charge. In fairness to Cordy I'd be apprehensive with whoever was taking over.

What are posters thoughts on Carlton's strength and fitness over the past few years?

#gatherthepack

Dare say there would be a fair bit of consultation with Lowe. He's still at the club and surely the reappointment of Cordy was on the basis of enhancing the existing program.

jeemak
04-12-2013, 12:31 AM
I was fairly impressed with the development of our list in 2004-2005. I really think that time set a footing for enough of our players to become very good contributors during our 2008-2010 period.

How much of that was due to Cordy, I don't know. Suggest there'd have to be a good reason for him being recruited back to the club for a second stint.

bornadog
04-12-2013, 09:56 AM
I was fairly impressed with the development of our list in 2004-2005. I really think that time set a footing for enough of our players to become very good contributors during our 2008-2010 period.

How much of that was due to Cordy, I don't know. Suggest there'd have to be a good reason for him being recruited back to the club for a second stint.

and on less pay.

KT31
04-12-2013, 10:07 AM

#gatherthepack

Tad apprehensive myself, we have shown good improvement under Lowe and Carlton have not exactly set the world on fire.

Go_Dogs
04-12-2013, 10:19 AM
The reality is that Lowe has taken on a different role with the club and we needed to make an appointment. I think Cordy has a good reputation and did well when he was with us previously. We also have Andy Barnett continuing in his role and building on the program that he implemented last season.

Basically, we have 3 high level and experienced individuals to oversee and run the program. I think we'll be OK.

azabob
28-05-2014, 07:07 PM
I hope if we are happy with Cordy he is like away tight, unlike last time.

Greg Swan and him get along well, and where Greg Swan lands, Cordy may just follow...

azabob
14-07-2015, 11:38 AM
B4L posted in another thread Cordy has been been offered a truck load of cash to jump ship up north to the GCS.

I hope he sticks fat this time with us.

bornadog
14-07-2015, 11:47 AM
B4L posted in another thread Cordy has been been offered a truck load of cash to jump ship up north to the GCS.

GCS couldn't believe how we ran out the game and they tired. I hope we have him locked into a contract.

Cyberdoggie
14-07-2015, 01:46 PM

I'd say it's probably more likely because they haven't been focussing on training hard compared to their off field activities.

boydogs
14-07-2015, 02:12 PM
GCS couldn't believe how we ran out the game and they tired

Very short sighted, we've been a poor 4th quarter side before last week

bornadog
14-07-2015, 03:03 PM
Very short sighted, we've been a poor 4th quarter side before last week

Our problem hasn't been fitness in the last quarter.

boydogs
14-07-2015, 09:04 PM
Our problem hasn't been fitness in the last quarter.

If not fitness, then what?

I thought it was young legs struggling to run out games

ledge
15-07-2015, 10:55 AM
If not fitness, then what?

I thought it was young legs struggling to run out games

More like young guns taking on bigger bodies and being battered by the last qtr, but look at our firsts and seconds last week, 9 and 10 goal last qtrs maybe we are hardening up and Luke has been extremely good at resting players through out the year without sacrificing wins , except maybe dropping Minson against Freo.

divvydan
15-07-2015, 08:03 PM
Western Bulldogs ‏@westernbulldogs 12s12 seconds ago

STATEMENT [1/4] The Club confirms HP Manager Justin Cordy will not continue beyond his current contract term at the end of this season.

STATEMENT [2/4] Justin Cordy has accepted a role at the Gold Coast Suns citing family and lifestyle reasons.

STATEMENT [3/4] Cordy will continue to serve as High Performance Manager as a contracted member of staff.

STATEMENT [4/4] The Club will begin recruiting for the position of High Performance Manager in the coming weeks.

azabob
15-07-2015, 08:08 PM
And so it happens again...

Greystache
15-07-2015, 08:16 PM
Meh, he's a mercenary. Bulldogs, Cricket Australia, Carlton, and Gold Coast all in 10 years. He'll be off again to the highest bidder soon enough.

Hopefully it goes as well as Eade's last fitness coach poaching in Dalrymple at Collingwood :D

bulldogtragic
15-07-2015, 08:22 PM
I want The Weapon. Is he still free?

Maddog37
15-07-2015, 08:23 PM
As long as it isn't Davoran(spelling?)

azabob
15-07-2015, 08:32 PM
Meh, he's a mercenary. Bulldogs, Cricket Australia, Carlton, and Gold Coast all in 10 years. He'll be off again to the highest bidder soon enough.

Hopefully it goes as well as Eade's last fitness coach poaching in Dalrymple at Collingwood :D

Collingwood tried to poach Dalrymple?

Greystache
15-07-2015, 08:37 PM
Collingwood tried to poach Dalrymple?

Sorry meant Davoren. He was a shocker

bulldogtragic
15-07-2015, 08:40 PM
A shame Dank is suspended. He could've brought a sports science angle to injecting high performance into our players.

Greystache
15-07-2015, 08:59 PM
A shame Dank is suspended. He could've brought a sports science angle to injecting high performance into our players.

And we could hire Nick Leeson to keep Dank's records.

boydogs
15-07-2015, 09:00 PM
Matthew Inness possible replacement

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/western-bulldogs-fitness-guru-justin-cordy-set-to-quit-expected-to-join-gold-coast/story-fni5fazt-1227442771444

bulldogtragic
15-07-2015, 09:02 PM
And we could hire Nick Leeson to keep Dank's records.

They're both going to sue you for that. :D

westdog54
15-07-2015, 09:34 PM
A shame.

Redpath credited him with turning his fitness around in the preseason.

bulldogtragic
15-07-2015, 09:36 PM
A shame.

Redpath credited him with turning his fitness around in the preseason.

Liam Jones credited James Mulligan for doing the same in the preseason. A Mully come back?

ratsmac
15-07-2015, 09:55 PM
Well he can go and get stuffed then! Hopefully the Queensland sun is too much for his pasty white skin.

Remi Moses
15-07-2015, 10:30 PM
This bloke is a dead set mercenary

I'm Not Bitter Anymore!
15-07-2015, 10:34 PM
Like Silvagni

Doc26
15-07-2015, 10:58 PM
Although I can appreciate why we don't want to be left short at this time of the season in such a key area, it sits uncomfortably that someone in such a privileged position within our football operations, now moving to one of our major competitors, is being retained until season end.

Bulldog Joe
15-07-2015, 11:07 PM
Although I can appreciate why we don't want to be left short at this time of the season in such a key area, it sits uncomfortably that someone in such a privileged position within our football operations, now moving to one of our major competitors, is being retained until season end.

It is the only realistic course, given where we are currently positioned. He already has knowledge that he will use at his new position and an extra 12 weeks won't change much in that regard.

However, his position is vital to our season and we don't need to play around with that at this point.

GVGjr
15-07-2015, 11:13 PM

Without knowing the the protocol of how this departure is seen within the club, I tend to agree that it's best to move people on if their heart isn't really at the club. Perhaps we think his early departure would be a detriment to the development of the younger players so we have to accept it but in most instances the right thing to do is to move them on.

Doc26
15-07-2015, 11:20 PM
It is the only realistic course, given where we are currently positioned. He already has knowledge that he will use at his new position and an extra 12 weeks won't change much in that regard.

However, his position is vital to our season and we don't need to play around with that at this point.

I do accept the Club's position given the difficult position that we have been put in, although I'm equally not convinced that it won't be without consequence either. Here you have a key member of our operations in as you say a vital part of the season pulling the plug on #BeMoreBulldog.

Right now we have a key cog in the wheel who has shown us no loyalty and who will be working against us in 12 weeks time, if not before then given the access he will have to players and our developing approach.

1eyedog
15-07-2015, 11:29 PM
What position does he play?

Doc26
15-07-2015, 11:32 PM

He's our High Performance Manager.

The Bulldogs Bite
16-07-2015, 12:14 AM
This guy annoys me, even before re re-hired him.

Literally chases $$ and while most of us can accept that you have to do what's best for your family/career at certain times, he takes it to a new level.

Get out, Cordy.

jazzadogs
16-07-2015, 04:49 AM
I do accept the Club's position given the difficult position that we have been put in, although I'm equally not convinced that it won't be without consequence either. Here you have a key member of our operations in as you say a vital part of the season pulling the plug on #BeMoreBulldog.

Right now we have a key cog in the wheel who has shown us no loyalty and who will be working against us in 12 weeks time, if not before then given the access he will have to players and our developing approach.

It's not like he sits in on tactical meetings though? I'm not sure how information about Dahlhaus' VO2 max or Bont's weekly training load is going to vastly help an opposition side?

Remi Moses
16-07-2015, 05:41 AM
This guy annoys me, even before re re-hired him.

Literally chases $$ and while most of us can accept that you have to do what's best for your family/career at certain times, he takes it to a new level.

Get out, Cordy.Which one ;)?

Greystache
16-07-2015, 10:00 AM

Well he's kind of a tall forward but he can't mark, he's tall enough to play ruck but can't, really he's a tall winger who's slow... Should suit Gold Coast

Doc26
16-07-2015, 12:02 PM
It's not like he sits in on tactical meetings though? I'm not sure how information about Dahlhaus' VO2 max or Bont's weekly training load is going to vastly help an opposition side?

His access and input is much greater than what you're alluding, that is, he's not out there working in a bubble although this is what might be needed for the next 12 weeks of his tenure.

Happy Days
16-07-2015, 01:20 PM
I feel...not strongly towards this, but leaving Melbourne to go to the Gold Coast for "lifestyle reasons" is about the worst punishment I can imagine inflicting upon myself.

Mantis
16-07-2015, 01:34 PM
I feel...not strongly towards this, but leaving Melbourne to go to the Gold Coast for "lifestyle reasons" is about the worst punishment I can imagine inflicting upon myself.

Why?

The lifestyle for a fit & active family (which I assume the Cordy family would be) is great on the GC.. Mainly due to the climate.

Happy Days
16-07-2015, 01:37 PM
Why?

The lifestyle for a fit & active family (which I assume the Cordy family would be) is great on the GC.. Mainly due to the climate.

Bingo - I think I'd die up there in 2 weeks.

Cyberdoggie
16-07-2015, 05:03 PM
Of course it's lifestyle reasons, not the fact that they offered him wads of cash.

Let's say it's the other way around, he goes from the GC to us because we offered him wads of cash,
the answer would be.......Family reasons.

Greystache
16-07-2015, 05:11 PM
Of course it's lifestyle reasons, not the fact that they offered him wads of cash.

Let's say it's the other way around, he goes from the GC to us because we offered him wads of cash,
the answer would be.......Family reasons.

He left Cricket Australia for "family reasons" to go to Carlton after leaving us for wads of cash the first time.

jeemak
16-07-2015, 05:14 PM
I don't see the angst.

If he was going to do something underhanded in terms of retaining player records, document strategic forecasts or whatever to use in the future, he'd have already done the dirty work and we'd already be exposed.

Holding onto him for another twelve weeks isn't going to change the IP he's already gathered on behalf of the club (and potentially retained for himself), and because he likes taking jobs for escalating amounts of cash it doesn't mean he's not an ethical professional.

Organisations march employees who are going to their opposition all the time, most of the time to the detriment of the organisation. Sure it's a great chest beating exercise for the responsible manager, but it limits the opportunity for reasonable handover of responsibilities or continuity in process to take place.

Twodogs
16-07-2015, 05:17 PM
I don't see the angst.

If he was going to do something underhanded in terms of retaining player records, document strategic forecasts or whatever to use in the future, he'd have already done the dirty work and we'd already be exposed.

Holding onto him for another twelve weeks isn't going to change the IP he's already gathered on behalf of the club (and potentially retained for himself), and because he likes taking jobs for escalating amounts of cash it doesn't mean he's not an ethical professional.

Organisations march employees who are going to their opposition all the time, most of the time to the detriment of the organisation. Sure it's a great chest beating exercise for the responsible manager, but it limits the opportunity for reasonable handover of responsibilities or continuity in process to take place.

Yep. His contact is up and he can go where he pleases.

He's been with us for a while and the boys look fit to me. Thanks Justin, a job well done.

Greystache
16-07-2015, 05:28 PM
Yep. His contact is up and he can go where he pleases.

He's been with us for a while and the boys look fit to me. Thanks Justin, a job well done.

2 seasons is a while? Particularly when he's accepted a role at another club with half of his second season still to play?

Maddog37
16-07-2015, 05:47 PM
Lifestyle reasons translates to more cash means I can buy a nicer house and car and a bigger TV.

Not really sure of the angst myself. He is not a player. If it were the club receptionist and she was offered a 20% pay rise elsewhere no one would care.....

bornadog
16-07-2015, 05:56 PM
2 seasons is a while? Particularly when he's accepted a role at another club with half of his second season still to play?

I am not happy with that. If he had of been with us for say three years, then different story. It feels like it was only yesterday he arrived and the first chance he is off AGAIN!!!

bornadog
16-07-2015, 05:59 PM
Lifestyle reasons translates to more cash means I can buy a nicer house and car and a bigger TV.

Not really sure of the angst myself. He is not a player. If it were the club receptionist and she was offered a 20% pay rise elsewhere no one would care.....

This happens to us quiet a bit. We have lost some good assistants over the years due to poaching, plus Cordy twice now. Our football department has to continually put up with losing good people. It just disrupts the whole department.

Twodogs
16-07-2015, 06:24 PM

2 years cumulative?

He does seem to be a dilettante.

ReLoad
16-07-2015, 08:31 PM
Personally I reckon he should have been walked on the spot.

If he was in negotiations with us about his next contract and was told it wouldn't be renewed, or decided against renewing then by all means play it out and announce post season.

Poor form in my books.

comrade
16-07-2015, 08:55 PM
Personally I reckon he should have been walked on the spot.

If he was in negotiations with us about his next contract and was told it wouldn't be renewed, or decided against renewing then by all means play it out and announce post season.

Poor form in my books.

Not sure we've got the cash to splash around paying out contracts. Agree with the sentiment, though.

Just another example of a smaller team unable to match the off field spending of other clubs.

MrMahatma
16-07-2015, 09:05 PM
Shock. Employee accepts higher paying contract at different organisation.

Stop the press. This is major news...

I honestly can't understand why anyone would be upset. He's getting more coin? Good luck to him.

Hotdog60
16-07-2015, 11:20 PM
I more concerned about the replacement. I hope whoever they are do a better job and we keep moving upwards.

Not saying the last bloke did a bad job. Just that we do a go job recruiting the next one.

Dry Rot
17-07-2015, 01:16 PM
Bev very, very unhappy

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-07-17/suns-crossed-the-line-in-cordy-poach-says-beveridge

WESTERN Bulldogs coach Luke Beveridge believes Gold Coast "crossed the line" in the way it poached high performance manager Justin Cordy from the club.

Cordy is set to join the Suns once his contract runs out with the Dogs at the end of this season, with Gold Coast announcing his appointment on Wednesday.

Beveridge said the Suns lacked integrity in their processes around luring Cordy to their club.

"We really rate Justin and he's been fantastic for us and I find it really interesting that they'd head hunt from an AFL club – I find that really disappointing," Beveridge said on Friday.

"Justin is a contracted member of our staff and for me it's really disrespectful for the Suns to talk publicly about their new relationship with him.

"In some ways, they've crossed the line and it's disappointing."

Axe Man
17-07-2015, 01:26 PM
It's one thing for say West Coast with their bucket loads of cash to come in and poach someone, but when it's a club that's funded by the AFL outspending us it stinks.

bornadog
17-07-2015, 01:30 PM
Bev very, very unhappy

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-07-17/suns-crossed-the-line-in-cordy-poach-says-beveridge

I agree with Beveridge, the whole think stinks.

Bulldog4life
17-07-2015, 02:06 PM
I agree with Beveridge, the whole think stinks.

Yep. I wonder how much Rocket had to do with it. Seeing how he has worked with him before at the doggies a lot I suspect.

Cyberdoggie
17-07-2015, 02:19 PM

And with no consultation with the club. I think that is pretty poor on Justin's behalf and on GC's.

GC after playing us had a word to him, I'm guessing just a chat, and offered him a deal straight up and he accepted, and by Wednesday it was confirmed.

GC are idiots for doing business that way in my opinion, it's no wonder they have a bunch of idiots up there if they can offer someone a job based solely on someone's opinion and the fact they lost a game. No formal interview, bizarre.

There is plenty of more fish in the sea and we'll find someone better I hope.

bornadog
17-07-2015, 02:22 PM
And with no consultation with the club. I think that is pretty poor on Justin's behalf and on GC's.

GC after playing us had a word to him, I'm guessing just a chat, and offered him a deal straight up and he accepted, and by Wednesday it was confirmed.

GC are idiots for doing business that way in my opinion, it's no wonder they have a bunch of idiots up there if they can offer someone a job based solely on someone's opinion and the fact they lost a game. No formal interview, bizarre.

There is plenty of more fish in the sea and we'll find someone better I hope.

Bevo says we were in negotiation with him for another contract and then he bobs up and accepts a job with GC. Bevo has really given it to GC in his press conference if you listen to it. (although annoying with all the background noise)

http://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/news/2015-07-17/suns-crossed-the-line

Warning goes for 13 minutes, but worth listening to.

Bulldog4life
17-07-2015, 02:28 PM
Bevo says we were in negotiation with him for another contract and then he bobs up and accepts a job with GC. Bevo has really given it to GC in his press conference if you listen to it. (although annoying with all the background noise)

That background noise very disconcerting. Hope they watch out for that at the next presser.

Cyberdoggie
17-07-2015, 02:40 PM
I haven't heard it yet but I read the article on the AFL website, apparently he called the media back after the press conference had seemingly wound up to go on a "tirade" for 3 minutes bagging GC.

Bulldog4life
17-07-2015, 02:49 PM
I haven't heard it yet but I read the article on the AFL website, apparently he called the media back after the press conference had seemingly wound up to go on a "tirade" for 3 minutes bagging GC.

Didn't call them back his comments were all in the one presser.

Mofra
17-07-2015, 02:50 PM

1 to 1:30 minute mark - is that Libba in the background with the moustache?

Bulldog4life
17-07-2015, 02:53 PM
This is what irked Bevo too Eade talking to media about Cordy while he is still with us.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/afl/rodney-eade-confident-fitness-expert-justin-cordy-can-end-suns-injury-curse/story-fnia415y-1227443181936

Mantis
17-07-2015, 03:13 PM
This is what irked Bevo too Eade talking to media about Cordy while he is still with us.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/afl/rodney-eade-confident-fitness-expert-justin-cordy-can-end-suns-injury-curse/story-fnia415y-1227443181936

The article has Eade talking about Cordy after he had already signed on to join them next year.. Beveridge seems to be annoyed about the process of how he was signed.

Remi Moses
17-07-2015, 03:20 PM
The whole thing stunk to high heaven .
We'll move on, but GC talking him up while still contracted is pretty rich.
Then again Rocket's looking for any distraction from what's been a mitigating disaster .
He might blame Guy McKenna for this

mjp
17-07-2015, 03:51 PM
Is anyone else in the 'Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me' camp. Cordy left us before, we got him back, he left us again. I spent some time with him at Carlton last year and he seemed like a terrific and knowledgeable guy but he was in charge of a team of 16 people - and it was those guys doing most of the 'work'. Don't think I am dismissing the work of the 'manager', but at this time of year losing a couple of trusted people in the rehab team would probably hurt just as much without generating the news cycles.

I am not as concerned about this as others are as the day to day contact with the players, management of programs etc would not be Justin - he would be over-seeing the team who are doing that work and I am sure they are all pretty competent in their own right.

As for Rocket, well - he was a successful coach who wanted a new contract...one he probably thought he was entitled too based on the results he had achieved. If you think that there isn't some bitterness there, well...

The Bulldogs Bite
17-07-2015, 05:54 PM
Love the way Bevo handled it and how he sticks up for our club. Great man to have at the helm, you can see why the players took no time in getting right behind him with that type of persona.

Bulldog4life
17-07-2015, 05:57 PM
Love the way Bevo handled it and how he sticks up for our club. Great man to have at the helm, you can see why the players took no time in getting right behind him with that type of persona.

Agree TBB. The fact he is an ex-player makes his passion a bit more sweeter too.

Doc26
17-07-2015, 06:00 PM
Is anyone else in the 'Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me' camp. Cordy left us before, we got him back, he left us again. I spent some time with him at Carlton last year and he seemed like a terrific and knowledgeable guy but he was in charge of a team of 16 people - and it was those guys doing most of the 'work'. Don't think I am dismissing the work of the 'manager', but at this time of year losing a couple of trusted people in the rehab team would probably hurt just as much without generating the news cycles.

He's more treacherous than I thought :)

Remi Moses
17-07-2015, 06:12 PM
They need someone to come in and change the whole culture of the club.
It's all good getting Cordy in, but work ethic is a mindset .
Ask Liam Jones

bulldogtragic
17-07-2015, 06:48 PM
I haven't heard too many hard words from Bevo, he's usually very diplomatic. But his presser today was very strong against GCS and lesser Cordy about this. I liked it.

bornadog
17-07-2015, 07:11 PM
I haven't heard too many hard words from Bevo, he's usually very diplomatic. But his presser today was very strong against GCS and lesser Cordy about this. I liked it.

At the end of the day we are all disappointed Cordy is leaving and it's not the end of the world, but what irks supporters is the continual battering we receive at the hands of richer clubs.

F'scary
17-07-2015, 08:51 PM
We'll find someone new who is an even better head trainer.

Twodogs
17-07-2015, 08:55 PM

It's a point that they do have to work closely together over the next twelve weeks.

jeemak
17-07-2015, 10:09 PM

I am not as concerned about this as others are as the day to day contact with the players, management of programs etc would not be Justin - he would be over-seeing the team who are doing that work and I am sure they are all pretty competent in their own right.

As for Rocket, well - he was a successful coach who wanted a new contract...one he probably thought he was entitled too based on the results he had achieved. If you think that there isn't some bitterness there, well...

It's like having an affair with a person that's hooked up, having a committed relationship with them for a while, and then being surprised when you're cheated on.

Agree with you on the Eade comments as well.

The Underdog
17-07-2015, 10:24 PM
At the end of the day we are all disappointed Cordy is leaving and it's not the end of the world, but what irks supporters is the continual battering we receive at the hands of richer clubs.

What does losing a fitness guy to the Suns have to do with richer clubs

jeemak
17-07-2015, 10:30 PM
What does losing a fitness guy to the Suns have to do with richer clubs

The Suns are essentially a richer club because they're bankrolled by the AFL. They can always outbid us on these things.

comrade
17-07-2015, 11:48 PM
The Suns are essentially a richer club because they're bankrolled by the AFL. They can always outbid us on these things.

Exactly.

Remi Moses
18-07-2015, 12:14 AM
Just watching Fox footy and Jon Ralph reckons Cordy's on 400 large :eek:
Blimey !!!

Axe Man
23-07-2015, 01:54 PM
According to Mark Stevens on Twitter Cordy's involvement has been scaled back and Matthew Inness has stepped up:

Justin Cordy not at Dogs training yesterday, he's taken a "back seat" role ... Seeing out deal at this stage, but in very reduced role

Matty Inness, former Vic fast bowler, has bigger duties in fitness ... Front and square with Beveridge on track.

bornadog
23-07-2015, 01:56 PM
According to Mark Stevens on Twitter Cordy's involvement has been scaled back and Matthew Inness has stepped up:

Get rid of him now and deduct from his pay. ;)

Axe Man
23-07-2015, 01:56 PM
Just watching Fox footy and Jon Ralph reckons Cordy's on 400 large :eek:
Blimey !!!

That's ridiculous. How much is their Football Department budget? Surely they should be limited to an extent since it's the AFL's money they are spending.

LostDoggy
24-07-2015, 05:23 AM
That's ridiculous. How much is their Football Department budget? Surely they should be limited to an extent since it's the AFL's money they are spending.

Go easy, mate. Coke ain't cheap.

Bulldog4life
24-07-2015, 07:07 PM

Yes saw that in the HUN today
They have Cordy in his office doing paperwork with no interaction with players

comrade
24-07-2015, 08:22 PM

Not ideal is it. Bit awkward.

Bulldog4life
24-07-2015, 09:39 PM
Not ideal is it. Bit awkward.

Yes it is like a punishment

Mantis
25-07-2015, 08:35 AM
Sounds like a silly arrangement.. Wouldn't it be better to part company now?

GVGjr
25-07-2015, 08:43 AM
Sounds like a silly arrangement.. Wouldn't it be better to part company now?

You would have to think so. Given Lowe's and Barnetts experience in that area and the fact that we have the specialised team from VU on site as well perhaps there is some merit in having him set the objectives programmes for the off season now.

Whilst he has left us from greener pastures, I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt that he is still committed in performing his (albeit moderated) duties and doing a handover the team even if that means you are no longer part of the inner circle discussions.

1eyedog
25-07-2015, 09:00 AM

Paperwork? Yeah sure more like developing the Suns 2016 program. As if he's actually focused on his work at the Bulldogs. All the Directors I've ever worked with in the past would have released so senior a staff member if they'd taken on a role elsewhere. Its no good for anyone when you've got someone on staff who doesn't want to be there / won't be there in one month.

ledge
25-07-2015, 12:38 PM
Maybe he loves the bulldogs but the offer put forward is too much to resist.
He might be leaving secret msges on how he will set up the the new club and give us a heads up ;-)
I'm sure the bulldogs hierarchy know what they are doing, look at our recent record, everything points to the right decisions have been made.
I'm sure this is too.

boydogs
25-07-2015, 08:11 PM
Maybe he loves the bulldogs but the offer put forward is too much to resist.

Sounds that way, like Gold Coast gave him a blank cheque after the Cairns game. I still think it was short sighted as we've not done well in 4th quarters, that game was an outlier. And besides, Lowe & Barnett have better credentials and may well be writing the programs he implements

Greystache
25-07-2015, 08:14 PM
Sounds that way, like Gold Coast gave him a blank cheque after the Cairns game. I still think it was short sighted as we've not done well in 4th quarters, that game was an outlier. And besides, Lowe & Barnett have better credentials and may well be writing the programs he implements

Andy Barnett certainly writes the weights and strength program, I don't know how the fitness side works. I've been really impressed by Barnett everytime I've seen him speak.