PDA

View Full Version : I wish it were us.....

ReLoad
28-09-2013, 07:31 PM
It is with a heavy heart that yet another grand final slips past without the bulldogs in it and this year marks my 40th without my team in it, certainly by no means the longest time in waiting for that day, but none the less an anti milestone.

This year more so than others I found myself with some very important realisations as my wife and children celebrate yet another Hawthorn flag, the second most important of which is that it simply is not fair. Over the years like all fellow bulldog supporters we have found ourselves at great disadvantage in the football landscape, low memberships, a competition that wanted us removed, unbalanced fixturing and even the current spectre of minimal television coverage does nothing but hurt our club.

Over my 40 years other clubs have plundered our list for talent, taken our genuine superstars of the game away from us, pushed us into poor stadium deals and even ensured that we play our games in remote locations just to survive. One could mount a good case that during our “versions of success” had we been on equal footing that perhaps we may, just may have made the big dance.

So with all the negatives and dwelling on our history it has lead me to the MOST important realisation and on which probably comes as no surprise to those who are fellow believers; We know that when that victorious day comes it will taste sweeter than anything anyone could possibly know. To be a bulldog supporter is to be the ultimate optimist, each year shelling out our West Footscray Roubles to call ourselves “WBFC Members”, so I put it to you, those around me who share my passion that we, the most unique and by a country mile the most loyal football fans in Australia, that our time is coming.

To win a premiership for a club like Hawthorn with its history of success is expected, for us it has been nothing but a dream, to imagine what it’s like to be involved in grand final week, to go to the MCG on grand final day wearing my teams colours cheering until I'm red white and blue in the face, to be involved in the finale is something I'm yet to taste let alone prevail.

So I put it to you, to us, that our time is coming, I can clearly see it building, I can sense that something is different about this team, about our coach, about our work ethic, about our willingness to do the hard work. I have the utmost faith in the club, its players, coaches, administrators and fellow members that no stone be left unturned in bringing that fateful day, and ultimately victory to us.

In the mean time, im going to continue to enjoy the ride, the anticipation of 40 years is going to do nothing but build, and when it erupts no team, not even your teams with a plethora of premierships will have any idea of what we will feel like upon that magical day. So whilst today it was Hawthorns taking the spoils, our time is near and may god help anyone who stands in our way.

Cede Nullis

SonofScray
28-09-2013, 07:47 PM
The Day is Getting Closer.

FWIW every New Year, I run into the street and yell "The Flag Will Wag, carn the Scray!" as my first words of the new year. I usually start crying. Its a happy, optimistic feeling mostly, I feel energised to carry the burden of history with a defiant grin, sometimes a grimace.

Grand Final day I am a bitter and sour mess.

Eastdog
28-09-2013, 07:58 PM
The whole city will be in red white blue everywhere the day we win.

LostDoggy
28-09-2013, 08:05 PM
Brought a tear to the eye, very we'll said Reload. our day will come and it will be amazing.

The bulldog tragician
28-09-2013, 08:29 PM
I feel both your pain and your optimism ReLoad. I had to turn the radio off whenever Freo 's "long wait" got mentioned. Grand finals are really hard to bear. And knowing so many of our champs who so deserve a flag will never know the experience makes me just so sad.

I feel that BMac has a sense of purpose, a goal for what will build a flag, and won't take short cuts to get there. But my god, we have been waiting so long to have never experienced the joy of a premiership.

I'm Not Bitter Anymore!
28-09-2013, 08:52 PM
And Lake won the Norm Smith don't know how to feel about that

The Underdog
28-09-2013, 09:44 PM
To be honest I have no idea whether this iteration is different than previous. I know we're still a long way off. 2008-2010 was the most successful period I've ever seen and it was great fun (except for the finals losses). I've also reconciled myself with the fact we may never win a GF and life is too big and short and uncertain to bother hand wringing about it. If it happens great, if not then I still got to barrack for a club I love and be lucky enough to spend lots of my time sitting around watching a game, which is all it really is.

G-Mo77
28-09-2013, 10:18 PM
LOL. I was just saying today to my Wife "Every year I watch a Grand Final I get a little more bitter" Lake winning the Norm Smith is just salt in the wound, it made me feel sick! At least we're good at helping others win. :p

always right
28-09-2013, 11:07 PM
Basil Zemplas (sp?) interviewed a 92 year old Freo supporter outside the MCG today. The inference was that she had waited so long for this day to arrive...until you remembered Freo is only about 20 years old. You could argue she's simply jumped on the bandwagon! No-one but no-one has the patience of a bulldogs supporter.

always right
28-09-2013, 11:11 PM
I commented to my daughters today that if/when we are fortunate to make a grand final.....I'm not really sure how much I will enjoy the actual match. I have no doubt that I will be an absolutely gibbering mess during the game.

LostDoggy
28-09-2013, 11:13 PM
I flippantly watched the game in my dogs guernsey tipping the hawks by five points. When freo were getting behind I started rooting for them. In the end the game was a decent grand final while not spectacular. I wasn't displeased with the result and enjoyed Lake picking off the forward thrusts in his bulldog way.

However, when he was announced as norm smith it completely took the wind from my sails. I was unrealistic ally hoping he would thanks the dogs. I was fairly reflective for a good ten minutes after that. Strange feeling.

always right
28-09-2013, 11:18 PM
I was the same. No idea why I thought he might mention us.....and I have no idea what I thought he might say.

As for the game...I really didn't enjoy it. No highlights to speak of and Freo were never really in it. One of the more underwhelming grand finals I've seen.

LostDoggy
28-09-2013, 11:21 PM
I was the same. No idea why I thought he might mention us.....and I have no idea what I thought he might say.

As for the game...I really didn't enjoy it. No highlights to speak of and Freo were never really in it. One of the more underwhelming grand finals I've seen.
Glad I was not the only who thought this, but in reality I suppose it would not be appropriate when at a new club, but my thought was we developed him and helped big tine making him the player he is.

Eastdog
28-09-2013, 11:27 PM

Fremantle definitely were in it but they just didn't take their opportunities which is what let them down. Hawthorn took advantage and won. Overall though it certainly wasn't the best Grand Finals in recent years.

LostDoggy
28-09-2013, 11:38 PM
With Freo making that GF, it makes the Bulldogs the least successful club since my birth in 1980. If you were tallying it like an olyimpic games count ( Prem = Gold, GF= Silver, Finals = Bronze).

1. Hawthorn
2. Essendon
3. Carlton
4. Geelong
5. West Coast
6. Bris/Fitz
7. Collingwood
8. Sydney
9. NthMelb
10. Adelaide
11. Port Adelaide
12. Richmond
13. StKilda
14. Melbourne
15. Fremantle
16. Western / Footscray.
(G.C & GWS don't count)

4th Hawthorn premiership I have watched with my brother (Hawks supporter), and I'm sick of the lack of excitement he shows. He has seen his team in 7 premierships and 11 grand finals!
I guess they are just common for him??

Eastdog
28-09-2013, 11:42 PM
With Freo making that GF, it makes the Bulldogs the least successful club since my birth in 1980. If you were tallying it like an olyimpic games count ( Prem = Gold, GF= Silver, Finals = Bronze).

1. Hawthorn
2. Essendon
3. Carlton
4. Geelong
5. West Coast
6. Bris/Fitz
7. Collingwood
8. Sydney
9. NthMelb
10. Adelaide
11. Port Adelaide
12. Richmond
13. StKilda
14. Melbourne
15. Fremantle
16. Western / Footscray.
(G.C & GWS don't count)

4th Hawthorn premiership I have watched with my brother (Hawks supporter), and I'm sick of the lack of excitement he shows. He has seen his team in 7 premierships and 11 grand finals!
I guess they are just common for him??

I'm sure he would be very happy HM. You would like to think he is. I don't believe you can get sick of winning.

LostDoggy
29-09-2013, 12:01 AM
Correction, he is 8 years older than me so that would Make 9 premierships and 14 GFs in his time. Not bad?

LostDoggy
29-09-2013, 01:05 AM
Don't fool yourself with dreams ......... we simply won't win one. I have waited nearly 50 years since I have been following football and I now believe it is never going to happen in my lifetime. Especially when we have players that decide "I'm never going to win a flag here, so I will go to a club where I can!" We saw that happen this year and us fools have been on the forum congratulating the bloke ...... FFS!

Eastdog
29-09-2013, 01:07 AM
Correction, he is 8 years older than me so that would Make 9 premierships and 14 GFs in his time. Not bad?

He is very lucky that he has witnessed many premierships.

Eastdog
29-09-2013, 01:11 AM
Don't fool yourself with dreams ......... we simply won't win one. I have waited nearly 50 years since I have been following football and I now believe it is never going to happen in my lifetime. Especially when we have players that decide "I'm never going to win a flag here, so I will go to a club where I can!" We saw that happen this year and us fools have been on the forum congratulating the bloke ...... FFS!

I still believe in my lifetime that Ill see us win that 2nd premiership. Will breakthrough, I don't know when but will we.

LostDoggy
29-09-2013, 07:20 AM

Calm the farm there Petey Boy. It goes both ways.
Both Hall and Aker wanted to come to our team cause they could see it going somewhere good. And had it not been for that dam flu and Cooney's knee, we would have jagged one.

comrade
29-09-2013, 08:30 AM

I commented to my family after the game that he didn't even have to mention the Bulldogs, but a simple 'thanks to those who have helped me get here' would have meant a lot to supporters of the Club that took a shot on a pudgy kid with sleep apnoea and gave him all the support he needed to succeed. Oh well, he's Hawthorn through and through now.

LostDoggy
29-09-2013, 09:01 AM
Calm the farm there Petey Boy. It goes both ways.
Both Hall and Aker wanted to come to our team cause they could see it going somewhere good. And had it not been for that dam flu and Cooney's knee, we would have jagged one.

Barry Hall and Aker had already won premierships though and they weren't chasing a flag when they came to us. They had both fallen out with their clubs and were looking for another club to resume theirs careers.

On Brian, lets not forget that he held the club dry a few years earlier to get a massive contract, after which he virtually didn't play for an entire season due to his injury woes (but I am sure the club stilll paid his whopping contract even though he didn't contribute on the field). Then he elects to go to Hawthorn and take a pay cut, get fitter that he has been for a long time (his words), and lose weight.

A pity he didn't have the same commitment with the Bulldogs, especially after we had given him the massive contract to keep him. Our return from him during that contract period was mediocre actually.

Now he says yesterday that he would like to be remembered as a life member of the Bulldogs and a premiership player with Hawthorn. Sorry Brian, a pity you didn't learn some class from a bloke called Chris Grant.

And, it still gives me the shits that you gave away an idiotic free kick to Nick Reiwoldt that cost us a goal in the 2009 PF before the ball was bounced for the second half. Maybe we would have been celebrating GF glory that year if it wasn't for that stupid action.

G-Mo77
29-09-2013, 09:07 AM
On Brian, lets not forget that he held the club dry a few years earlier to get a massive contract, after which he virtually didn't play for an entire season due to his injury woes (but I am sure the club stilll paid his whopping contract even though he didn't contribute on the field). Then he elects to go to Hawthorn and take a pay cut, get fitter that he has been for a long time (his words), and lose weight.

A pity he didn't have the same commitment with the Bulldogs, especially after we had given him the massive contract to keep him. Our return from him during that contract period was mediocre actually.

Now he says yesterday that he would like to be remembered as a life member of the Bulldogs and a premiership player with Hawthorn. Sorry Brian, a pity you didn't learn some class from a bloke called Chris Grant.

Well said.

http://www.mamamia.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/applause.gif

LostDoggy
29-09-2013, 09:52 AM
Barry Hall and Aker had already won premierships though and they weren't chasing a flag when they came to us. They had both fallen out with their clubs and were looking for another club to resume theirs careers.

True, but they both wanted the Dogs as a preference due to the rise in the clubs performance. So I am just saying we have our times where people come our direction and our players are not wanting to jump ship.
On Brian, he was at his best and gave his best to us (apart from that one year). All Australan selections, and was probably our best player when his contract needed renewing hence the size. No one could see that injury year coming and our club position (rebuild timing, contract space required) would probably have been the biggest factor in him leaving. Maybe it is just me but I doubt the club felt the same in the Lake trade as they would have with the retention of Chris Grant. We were going up when Grants contract was up and he had another 10yrs to play. With Brian we were rebuilding and he has probably got 2 years left to play.
I do understand how you feel though, tough time of year to be a Dogs fan.

GVGjr
29-09-2013, 11:08 AM
Overall I think your being incredibly hard on Brian

On Brian, lets not forget that he held the club dry a few years earlier to get a massive contract, after which he virtually didn't play for an entire season due to his injury woes (but I am sure the club stilll paid his whopping contract even though he didn't contribute on the field).

Are you saying that his injuries weren't legitimate? This is the reason why players take their contracts seriously and try and make sure they get close to their genuine market value.
Lake was injured and still deserved to be looked after.

Then he elects to go to Hawthorn and take a pay cut, get fitter that he has been for a long time (his words), and lose weight.

This is more of a reflection of the coaching team that didn't insist on him becoming the fittest he could. Once he went to Hawthorn he heard their message loud and clear.

The comparison to Grant shouldn't be used against every player that wants to leave us.
I don't hold anything against Lake for wanting to leave and I will regard his years at the Dogs as very positive ones.

BornInDroopSt'54
29-09-2013, 12:26 PM
We Woofers and other true followers of the Western Bulldogs will have an experience like no other club. I'm 60 next birthday and have followed them every year since I was three. To experience all the grand finals since '61 without our appearance, to see all the greats of our club and their efforts, to go through the adversity, Neil Sasche becoming a quadriplegic, to fight strongly but be consistently beaten by the big four, to go through the nationalisation of the competition, the '97 pain, but to not get the holy grail but to maintain loyalty and hope means that when we get to a grand final it will have more meaning than any other club. The media and the public will ride us home like Jim Pike rode Phar Lap. I may feel like telling them to f--k off because it will be too personal but with you people I will want to be with you.

always right
29-09-2013, 01:06 PM

I'll never give up on our dream. No other supporter will enjoy the exhilaration we will enjoy regardless of the number of premierships they win. I may be deluded but so be it. I despise those who take the easy way and change their allegiance no matter how disappointed they might become. I also despise those that allow their children to change clubs......they simply educate their children to take the easy options in life.

josie
29-09-2013, 01:11 PM
Love the passion on this thread - all red, white & blue forever.

Have been a Johnny Come Lately to being Doggies Member. I joined after living in 'Scray for 7 years, straight after that heart breaking '97 prelim against the Crows. I was taking my Mum to the ballet (Swan Lake at Arts Centre). When there was a break in the ballet I'd race upstairs to listen to my pocket radio. I thought the Dogs had made it to the Grannie. After that I thought I might as well take out a family membership and actually go to the games. No regrets, although I've learned to let go of the upset after a bad loss, especially finals losses, a bit quicker now.

If they ever make it the Big One I honestly do not know if I could watch - even though I know it is only a game.

The journey has/is going to be a long one. However I do agree our day will come.

I felt a bit bitter about Lake winning the Norm Smith even though logically I should be happy for him and I think he was BOG. IMO the Hawthorn Jumper does not suit him and I think he looks like a teddy bear - he was far more sartorial in the red, white & blue.

Remi Moses
29-09-2013, 03:53 PM
Brown and Gold or yellow don't look good on anyone.

Remi Moses
29-09-2013, 03:57 PM
We Woofers and other true followers of the Western Bulldogs will have an experience like no other club. I'm 60 next birthday and have followed them every year since I was three. To experience all the grand finals since '61 without our appearance, to see all the greats of our club and their efforts, to go through the adversity, Neil Sasche becoming a quadriplegic, to fight strongly but be consistently beaten by the big four, to go through the nationalisation of the competition, the '97 pain, but to not get the holy grail but to maintain loyalty and hope means that when we get to a grand final it will have more meaning than any other club. The media and the public will ride us home like Jim Pike rode Phar Lap. I may feel like telling them to f--k off because it will be too personal but with you people I will want to be with you.

What a great post BIDS.
If that wonderful day happens there will be plenty of tears and plenty of touchy feels moments.
The media will follow the story( like with Freo)

Eastdog
29-09-2013, 03:59 PM
Brown and Gold or yellow don't look good on anyone.

Agree Remi :D I'm at the Glen Shopping Centre right now and there are quite a few here in those colours. I'm proudly wearing my Bulldogs hoodie.

LostDoggy
29-09-2013, 05:45 PM
What a great post BIDS.
If that wonderful day happens there will be plenty of tears and plenty of touchy feels moments.
The media will follow the story( like with Freo)

No "if" Remi, "WHEN" that wonderful day happens :) And it will. The MCG awash with red, white & blue!

LostDoggy
29-09-2013, 06:26 PM
I don't understand what other supporters get out of winning loads of flags. They just picked a big successful team — either as kids pushed by their parents or as adults — and although I'm sure they are every bit as passionate, they really can't claim to have done the hard yards.

To explain what I mean: We are fans. We may pay our memberships, put as much money into the club as we can, but at the end of the day, when the boys are out there taking the hits and putting their bodies on the line, spending their entire lives being followed around by a rabid media pack ready to jump on the slightest transgression, unable to eat anything without counting the calories, we're sitting on our arse eating pies and chugging back a beer or two.

But being a Dogs fan means we can claim more than that — our loyalty. And that's what makes us special. Here's a great quote from Ulysses S. Grant, an American civil war general and the 18th President:

The friend in adversity I shall always cherish most. I can better trust those who helped me to relieve the gloom of my dark hours than those who are so ready to enjoy with me the sunshine of my prosperity.

Because of loyalty, because we stick it out every year despite almost every indication of being let down again, we can proudly stand beside them when they hold the cup and proclaim quite rightly that we're just as much a part of it. The 1989 fightback: we saved this club. We stand up for it every day.

In short, we are more a part of our team and its success than the Collingwood supporter across the road, no matter how much he loves the Pies. He's never had to dig deep enough.

1eyedog
30-09-2013, 10:37 PM

Gee that's a good post. My sentiments exactly.

LostDoggy
02-10-2013, 08:18 PM

I have had 57 years of disappointment but have never been as confident that a flag is not far away due to the new coach that will take us all the way. Within 3 years I will meet all woofers at the centre circle at the whitten oval at 8pm on the night we win the flag... book early

Eastdog
02-10-2013, 08:31 PM
I have had 57 years of disappointment but have never been as confident that a flag is not far away due to the new coach that will take us all the way. Within 3 years I will meet all woofers at the centre circle at the whitten oval at 8pm on the night we win the flag... book early

I hope so. Would be great to meet all the woofers in person.

The bulldog tragician
02-10-2013, 08:39 PM
It's a deal.

LostDoggy
03-10-2013, 10:39 AM
Having been to five NRL grand finals with Storm winning three of them, it is a wonderful feeling. I often wonder how much stronger that feeling will be when the Bulldogs win one, seeing as we've waited so long.

BornInDroopSt'54
03-10-2013, 05:41 PM
Having been to five NRL grand finals with Storm winning three of them, it is a wonderful feeling. I often wonder how much stronger that feeling will be when the Bulldogs win one, seeing as we've waited so long.

You can tell me, one day in one year in September.

BornInDroopSt'54
03-10-2013, 05:43 PM
I just hope Bob Murphy and Griff are still playing.

LostDoggy
04-10-2013, 02:05 PM
You can tell me, one day in one year in September.

Deal! :)

Ghost Dog
04-10-2013, 10:57 PM
If finals success ratio to years following a club is the formula for calculating supporter kudos, some folk in here deserve medals of honor.

LostDoggy
05-10-2013, 09:16 AM

I remember thinking the same about Chris Grant, Doug Hawkins, Scott Wynd and Rick Kennedy!

BornInDroopSt'54
05-10-2013, 12:53 PM
I remember thinking the same about Chris Grant, Doug Hawkins, Scott Wynd and Rick Kennedy!

Hope springs eternal, as it must.;)

ReLoad
26-11-2016, 04:54 AM
Thread necromancy....... in the best possible way ever.

My original post brought me to tears, then again and again as I read others with similar sentiments.

Twodogs
27-11-2016, 01:31 AM
Amazing thread to read back over.

SonofScray
28-11-2016, 07:59 PM
Great bump.

I wonder if I will feel the same way on NYE as I did pre-Flag That Wagged?

Twodogs
28-11-2016, 09:09 PM
Great bump.

I wonder if I will feel the same way on NYE as I did pre-Flag That Wagged?

What am I going to wish for next time I blow the candles out on my birthday cake next year?

ratsmac
28-11-2016, 09:16 PM
I was actually thinking about this exact thread the other day. Some great posts in here. I loved the posters who could sense the changes in the winds and I understand every poster who had given up all hope.

I just about choked on my dinner when I read that one!

The Pie Man
29-11-2016, 11:50 AM
So this thread started when B-Mac was coach...I couldn't see us building to much back then, I just kept thinking we had to nail these drafts.

Lake winning the NS made me quite bitter too.

Life is indeed very strange and occasionally beautiful.

Ozza
29-11-2016, 12:04 PM
Within 3 years I will meet all woofers at the centre circle at the whitten oval at 8pm on the night we win the flag... book early

Post was from 2/10/13.....1 day off being 3 years to the day.

Twodogs
29-11-2016, 12:22 PM
Post was from 2/10/13.....1 day off being 3 years to the day.

Now that is spooky. I wonder if he turned up. It'd be pretty heart breaking making a prediction like that and nobody remembers.

Twodogs
13-12-2016, 11:59 AM
It is with a heavy heart that yet another grand final slips past without the bulldogs in it and this year marks my 40th without my team in it, certainly by no means the longest time in waiting for that day, but none the less an anti milestone.

This year more so than others I found myself with some very important realisations as my wife and children celebrate yet another Hawthorn flag, the second most important of which is that it simply is not fair. Over the years like all fellow bulldog supporters we have found ourselves at great disadvantage in the football landscape, low memberships, a competition that wanted us removed, unbalanced fixturing and even the current spectre of minimal television coverage does nothing but hurt our club.

Over my 40 years other clubs have plundered our list for talent, taken our genuine superstars of the game away from us, pushed us into poor stadium deals and even ensured that we play our games in remote locations just to survive. One could mount a good case that during our “versions of success” had we been on equal footing that perhaps we may, just may have made the big dance.

So with all the negatives and dwelling on our history it has lead me to the MOST important realisation and on which probably comes as no surprise to those who are fellow believers; We know that when that victorious day comes it will taste sweeter than anything anyone could possibly know. To be a bulldog supporter is to be the ultimate optimist, each year shelling out our West Footscray Roubles to call ourselves “WBFC Members”, so I put it to you, those around me who share my passion that we, the most unique and by a country mile the most loyal football fans in Australia, that our time is coming.

To win a premiership for a club like Hawthorn with its history of success is expected, for us it has been nothing but a dream, to imagine what it’s like to be involved in grand final week, to go to the MCG on grand final day wearing my teams colours cheering until I'm red white and blue in the face, to be involved in the finale is something I'm yet to taste let alone prevail.

So I put it to you, to us, that our time is coming, I can clearly see it building, I can sense that something is different about this team, about our coach, about our work ethic, about our willingness to do the hard work. I have the utmost faith in the club, its players, coaches, administrators and fellow members that no stone be left unturned in bringing that fateful day, and ultimately victory to us.

In the mean time, im going to continue to enjoy the ride, the anticipation of 40 years is going to do nothing but build, and when it erupts no team, not even your teams with a plethora of premierships will have any idea of what we will feel like upon that magical day. So whilst today it was Hawthorns taking the spoils, our time is near and may god help anyone who stands in our way.

Cede Nullis

Cede *!*!*!*!ing Nullis indeed! What a joyous day it was.

Remi Moses
13-12-2016, 07:59 PM
Wow ! Just Wow ! It happened, and its epic .
Now for more

Eastdog
13-12-2016, 08:50 PM
Our wish is come true!

LostDoggy
14-12-2016, 12:40 AM
What am I going to wish for next time I blow the candles out on my birthday cake next year?

Another flag??

Durr...

Twodogs
14-12-2016, 12:55 AM
Another flag??

Durr...

Not two more? (Women's Comp will be 0ver by my birthday I think)

LostDoggy
14-12-2016, 08:21 AM
Not two more? (Women's Comp will be 0ver by my birthday I think)

Yep. Even better.

Just don't tell anyone after you make the wish...

LostDoggy
14-12-2016, 10:47 PM
I'm still having trouble getting my head around the fact that IT WAS US!!!!
Unfriggen believable!!!

KT31
15-12-2016, 02:33 AM
I'm still having trouble getting my head around the fact that IT WAS US!!!!
Unfriggen believable!!!

I just had this conversation with my brother, him not ever committed to us at all ( you are doing well and now its we won) to me who well you all know.
I'm still in denial and want us to win next year too really get my head around it and enjoy it.

As a side note he has never been a member and has my Granddads 54 membership instead of me and offered to sell it to me, as we all know it is invaluable and if he gave a shit he wouldn't part with it.

BulldogBelle
15-12-2016, 08:17 AM
I just had this conversation with my brother, him not ever committed to us at all ( you are doing well and now its we won) to me who well you all know.
I'm still in denial and want us to win next year too really get my head around it and enjoy it.

As a side note he has never been a member and has my Granddads 54 membership instead of me and offered to sell it to me, as we all know it is invaluable and if he gave a shit he wouldn't part with it.

That is bloody annoying.
l have made a promise to my kids, all my memorabilia will go to the one or both only if their kids are bulldog members/supporters. If my future grand kids follow someone else then my kids wont get anything Bulldogs!

Twodogs
16-12-2016, 07:37 PM
I had a bunch of 54 stuff my mum gave me when i was a kid. Season tickets, footy record, club end of year report thingy (cant remember what they are called) and some other stuff. About 30 years ago I was telling a bloke at the club about them and he said that the club was planning on opening a museum and would I be interested in donating it? I gathered it all up and gave it to him and never saw any of it ever again. It would have been worth a fair bit.