PDA

View Full Version : Selfish Players

GVGjr
23-01-2007, 09:16 AM
Which Doggies players had a particular reputation for being shelfish types?

For mine, Ian Dunstan really spings to mind as someone who appeared to want to rack up his own stats at the expense of doing the team orientated things. David Thorp is another who had a big reputation for placing a greater emphasis on his own stats than the wins coloumn.
Does anyone have any others? Does Hardie or Scott West require a mention?

Dry Rot
23-01-2007, 12:01 PM
Could you argue that the senior players who waxed during Rohde's era were selfish or merely doing it out of necessity?

Topdog
23-01-2007, 07:54 PM
Could you argue that the senior players who waxed during Rohde's era were selfish or merely doing it out of necessity?

That was my biggest hate during the Rohde era. It was shocking to see and I couldnt believe that so many respected players did it.

Twodogs
23-01-2007, 08:00 PM

I reckon that was a trust thing. You kick it the blokes you've got confidence in and not many young guys had the confidence of the senior players.

Remember there was a yawning gulf between the two age groups with almost no representation between the 27+ age group and the 21> age group. Pissing draft picks up against the wall in 97-99 and the departure of Brown and Alvey meant we just didnt have any players in the middle age group.

Bleeehhh. Did those days really happen?

bulldogtragic
23-01-2007, 08:28 PM
Would have thought a bloke named Brown was a tad selfish.

Dry Rot
23-01-2007, 09:48 PM
Bleeehhh. Did those days really happen?

It's always darkest before the dawn.

Those days also saw a team better than a spoon or third last pick up Griffen, Cooney, Ray and Williams.*

* Entry of hope.

Twodogs
23-01-2007, 09:57 PM
It's always darkest before the dawn.

Those days also saw a team better than a spoon or third last pick up Griffen, Cooney, Ray and Williams.*

* Entry of hope.

That's what I kept telling myself. It's just occured to me that I was right.

Heh! In your face world.

bornadog
23-01-2007, 11:26 PM
Which Doggies players had a particular reputation for being shelfish types?

For mine, Ian Dunstan really spings to mind as someone who appeared to want to rack up his own stats at the expense of doing the team orientated things. David Thorp is another who had a big reputation for placing a greater emphasis on his own stats than the wins coloumn.
Does anyone have any others? Does Hardie or Scott West require a mention?

No way can't put Hardie or Westie in that bracket. Hardie was a play maker and really got the team going from the backline. Scott West is just a pure ball magnet, he goes in hard and gets it while every one else watches. Definatelty Ian Dunstan, but I can't remember too many others.