PDA

View Full Version : Play for love of the game, not money: Thompson

Bulldog Revolution
03-10-2013, 11:09 AM
http://www.theage.com.au/afl/play-for-love-of-the-game-not-money-thompson-20131002-2

Well worth a look, plenty of entertainment

Twodogs
03-10-2013, 11:18 AM
I think that may be a dud link BR. It just takes me to a page that says they have no content with that headline. Is it behind a pay barrier?

Scorlibo
03-10-2013, 12:33 PM
http://www.theage.com.au/afl/play-for-love-of-the-game-not-money-thompson-20131002-2ut2v.html

Up yours, Thompson - who's to say we're not as close to a premiership as your mob? Sometimes players leave because they don't want to be injected with drugs, too.

Making the Brian Lake comparison really feels like he's just trying to sink the boot into our club, he's not advocating loyalty but 'premierships'. Let's hope he holds that line when Essendon are back on the bottom of the ladder and players are seeking opportunity elsewhere.

Mark Thompson is one of the biggest flogs in football, he won premierships with Geelong because he was blessed with one of the best playing lists in history as well as three top-notch assistants. Crap bloke.

bulldogtragic
03-10-2013, 12:37 PM
His tears are so salty, I could drink them forever.

Greystache
03-10-2013, 12:47 PM
Thompson didn't find time to mention Goddard who went to a club that hasn't won a final in a decade because they offered him $800K a season. Perhaps because it contradicted his own point, funny that.

bulldogsthru&thru
03-10-2013, 12:51 PM
The have now seriously become my most hated club. Streets ahead of Collingwood. I could never watch ANZAC day games because i wanted both teams to lose. Now i know who i want to lose more

chef
03-10-2013, 01:02 PM
Did he say the same crap when Ablett left?

bulldogsthru&thru
03-10-2013, 01:14 PM
Did he say the same crap when Ablett left?

He did. After which he left the cats himself who the year after won the premiership if i recall correctly

Bulldog Revolution
03-10-2013, 01:29 PM
Thompson didn't find time to mention Goddard who went to a club that hasn't won a final in a decade because they offered him $800K a season. Perhaps because it contradicted his own point, funny that.

Yes, the guy he lauded for winning the B&F was bought for more money

The irony appears totally lost on Mark "Mr Loyalty" Thompson

Greystache
03-10-2013, 01:37 PM
Yes, the guy he lauded for winning the B&F was bought for more money

The irony appears totally lost on Mark "Mr Loyalty" Thompson

The guy who walked out on Geelong while under contract because it looked like they were on the decline? Am I thinking of the right guy?

westdog54
03-10-2013, 01:44 PM
He did. After which he left the cats himself who the year after won the premiership if i recall correctly

The guy who walked out on Geelong while under contract because it looked like they were on the decline? Am I thinking of the right guy?

Yep, that's the one.

That does it. Gloves off at the trade table. No favours whatsoever.

Bulldog Revolution
03-10-2013, 01:58 PM
And nice that Crameri has been clear - didnt attend B&F

If they dont want him, and dont want to pay him, which they dont, then how can they sit and talk about loyalty.

How could they blame him for wanting out when Thompson appears the man most likely to be running the show?

G-Mo77
03-10-2013, 04:05 PM
Honestly his comments don't bother me. I personally think they're taken out of context. Still it's a bit of a laugh that their B+F was poached from St. Kilda with huge dollars. :D

westdog54
03-10-2013, 04:19 PM
Honestly his comments don't bother me. I personally think they're taken out of context. Still it's a bit of a laugh that their B+F was poached from St. Kilda with huge dollars. :D

Could have been worse. They could have made him Captain like Carlton did with theirs. :D